• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haint

Caj814 said:
Anyone else using the 360 controller getting stuck in the walking animation even when you aren't pressing anything?

Don't know why this is happening when it was working fine last night.

By default, the stick dead zone was almost existent in past build, so if your pad's analog stick is slightly off center it would enter ghost commands. You can try going into the config options (where you set up your resolution and all that) and change your controller options. Set "Calibrate" to 0.3 or 0.4.

DrDogg

How do I get to the merchant strip in Ul'dah? I see it as a marker on my map but it's not really telling me which marker it is...

falastini

Decay24 said:
You could continue a leve if you died in it during the third beta too.
I guess I never died during the last phase, because I remember failing when that happened.

How do you get MP back? I'm not seeing any heal option. I see HP regens on it's own, but MP doesn't?
Nope, it's been that way forever despite player feedback. Enjoy.

Awntawn

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
BentMyWookiee - Spoony Bard
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
Awntawn - Awntawn Asangal

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Salaadin - Salaadin Voivode
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
careksims - Kessah Shrykewolf
ToastyBanana - Doobedytoo Mcjibbajabba
Desa - Desa Cooties

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor

Decay24

Neo Member
falastini said:
I guess I never died during the last phase, because I remember failing when that happened.

Yeah I know for sure that you could continue last phase if you died. I used to do higher difficultly ones solo and die a ton :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
falastini said:
Nope, it's been that way forever despite player feedback. Enjoy.

So you can only get MP back by running back to crystals?!?!

Guess I'm starting a new toon after school :lol :lol :lol

OSHAN

Anyone recently get a key? I've been trying every ten minutes or so for the past several hours and I've been receiving the temporarily suspended message.

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

---
Might reroll or something, I'm so confused and lost Q_Q

Decay24

Neo Member
OSHAN said:
Anyone recently get a key? I've been trying every ten minutes or so for the past several hours and I've been receiving the temporarily suspended message.

I've been getting that message all morning. I gave up for now.

bardia

Am i the only one that can't progress in the Ul'dah story? After the miners emote quest the woman says to meet her at the gate of nald in the north, I've looked all around the gate but I can't find her.

Dug

Banned
OSHAN said:
Been getting that to, hope they decide to allow applications soon.

TheFatOne

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
TheFatOne - Maximus Aurelius

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

Since Everyone is is doing this

What server is everybody on?

Edit:
DarknessTear said:
Okay so I assume world is the same thing as server... and Lindblum isn't on the list. So what should I do?

If that's the server gaf is on, I'm not seeing it in my list either.

Haint

OSHAN said:

I don't think there's anything random about it, they've had pretty clearly defined waves based on what little I've followed these threads. Seems they only sent codes from:

9 - 12ish PM CST September 1st
Restarted at unknown time - 9ish AM CST September 2nd

OSHAN

Reallink said:
I don't think there's anything random about it, they've had pretty clearly defined waves based on what little I've followed these threads. Seems they only sent codes from:

9 - 12ish PM CST September 1st
Restarted at unknown time - 9ish AM CST September 2nd

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the information.

Khrno said:
It should be, can you screenshot it please?
24cw9k8.jpg

:(

DrForester said:
So you can only get MP back by running back to crystals?!?!

Guess I'm starting a new toon after school :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, casters are broken, have always been broken, and will always be broken because Square makes stubbornly stupid decisions like that :lol :lol

It does get slightly better about 10 ranks in (you get an attack that regens a little bit of MP at the cost of TP) but it's still unbearable because when you go OOM it takes forever to get it all back.

Don't worry about rolling a new character - all you have to do to change classes is buy that class's weapon.

Alex

notworksafe said:
Semi-true. Every mob in vanilla WoW has between a 0.01 and 1% chance to drop a level 60 epic item, based on level. The 1% rate is only for level 60 (highest in the pre-expansion world) mobs.

However that item is a level 60 item and basically worthless now. They barely even sell on the Auction House anymore. Random drop world epics were phased out with the expansions though, so that isn't even the case anymore and hasn't been for the past three years.

No need to flame guys. I don't mind explaining the mechanics of WoW to someone who isn't quite sure on how it works.

Couple corrections

1.) I don't believe there were any level 60 epic drops, it's all like late 40's, early 50s, and that stuff only drops in the end areas of vanilla. Or did, who knows in Azeroth 2.0.

2.) It was mostly all useless from day one, it's auction house fodder. There was that one sword (forgot name) that was OK if you didn't want to like... do ANYTHING, but other than that...

3.) None of it was anywhere near 1%. It was always like .01-.03. The only thing anything hit a solid percentile was the random drops from monsters within raid instances.

it is silly trolling though, unless the person actually did have no experience with either FFXI or WoW (which wouldnt surprise me). It's more akin to finding some shitbin NM no one wants or farming archaic BCNMs. FFXI doesn't have the content or laddering of WoW, but cmon a Kraken club?

LowParry

Mister Zimbu said:
Don't worry about rolling a new character - all you have to do to change classes is buy that class's weapon.

But then you lose armor values. Changing from a caster to say a Gladiator, hope you have the right armor for the job.

Alex

CcrooK said:
But then you lose armor values. Changing from a caster to say a Gladiator, hope you have the right armor for the job.

Yeah but who the hell wants to be a caster at the moment :lol Seriously I thought we were FINALLY getting out of the MP = PUNISHMENT age with some of the recent medium tweaks and releases but BAM! We're back and more daft than ever.

Hopefully some good ol non-existence and a little bitching brings some highlights to the issue.

Khrno

Revolutionary said:
http://i55.tinypic.com/24cw9k8.jpg

:(

The fuck?

Is it because it's full already, or because there is a big lag problem going on at the moment. It is quite convinient while fighting tho, enemies almost never hit back, about twice per fight lol

From the Beta site:

Square Enix Account Management System Congestion: Follow-up 2

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding the congestion of the Square Enix Account Management System.

Currently the Square Enix Account Management System congestion is ongoing and we apologise for the inconvenience. If you receive an error please wait a while and try again as our technical staff are doing their best to solve the problem.

In light of this we have decided to temporarily restrict the number of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test registrations codes being given out. If you are unable to receive a registration code please wait a while and try again later.

Once again we are apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

LowParry

Alex said:
Yeah but who the hell wants to be a caster at the moment

Hopefully a lot do, otherwise there won't be any healers and well...ya know the result of that. I'm still stick with Thuma. My expectations of it will reward me in the end.

desa

So they up the battle pace but then increased down time. Soloing is starting to feel like FFXI. The intervals for HP gain are pretty long now. Seems faster just to run to the crystal and recharge HP. Booooo

Khrno

desa said:
So they up the battle pace but then increased down time. Soloing is starting to feel like FFXI. The intervals for HP gain are pretty long now. Seems faster just to run to the crystal and recharge HP. Booooo

It wasn't like that this morning, there's lag problems preventing the fast HP regen (and preventing enemies from fighting back).

LowParry

desa said:

Well not to mention, the exp gains from Leves from last beta are a far cry from what they are now. Once you're done, you either wait till they reset or go crafting. I'm not sure if I like this kind of play style. Unless grouping is significant with experience...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah I love mage jobs but if I have to run to a crystal every time I want MP back, screw that. I can live without it for now. I just want to be a Summoner anyways and that's not in the game ?yet?

CAW

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
TheFatOne - Maximus Aurelius

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

Zomba13

DrForester said:
Yeah I love mage jobs but if I have to run to a crystal every time I want MP back, screw that.
I'm in the same boat. I love picking mage classes in every MMO I play. I was a BLM in XI, then WHM when SMN as my mains. I wanted to be a conj, they are exactly what I was looking for in a basic mage some white and black magic(my ideal mage would have been smn). Then they decide mages shouldn't be able to use their MP. they must ration it verrrry carefully because you only get so much every 10 minutes, unless you want to level thaum to 16 and then get pummled to get MP back (stygian spikes).

I've decided to be a PUG now. maybe with some Archer and Gladiator for when I hit surplus or get bored with punching things (not that that can happen). The FFV four job fiesta topic where I had MNK as my first job (and the berserker which I left barehanded) made me really like punching things to kill them, then I played through FFVI with Sabin and a genji glove + master scroll so he hit 8 times a turn(I know I could have used it on anyone else but punching Kefka 8 times in a row is more badass than slicing him 8 times in a row)

Salaadin said:
Is Lindblum really at capacity or is it just having issues that they took it down?
I'm going with both. FFIX is a popular FF and Lindblum a popular town I guess. And it's only the high pop servers that have these issues (like shadowlord in the beta and how they then decided to stress it further with the 'everyone make a character here' day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom