• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

So I can't get this latest patch installed...It stops at 94.6% when I use SE downloader and when I downloaded it from http://tehkrizz.net/downloads.asp (which had previously worked) it gives me the following error. "11031 Insufficient memory for update files. Please confirm that there is at least -2147483648 GB of available space on the C drive." Any ideas?

DrDogg

Ravidrath said:
I'm not there yet, but if you look at the abilities for Thaumaturge and Conjurer, you'll see the TP abilities Damnation and Radiance. These use 1000 TP to deal damage and restore MP, which seems pretty sweet. Other people on here have reported that MP stops being an issues when you get those. However, I do think that Rank 10 is probably a little late to get them... but for soloing, at least, I haven't had any problems with MP now that the timer on Tranquility is 10 minutes.

As for crafting, I don't think that'll be an issue, and a lot of it will come down to the fact that you simply won't be able to level all crafts and acquire Guildmarks for all of them simultaneously, given the limits imposed on Guildleves. I think most people will basically have time to focus on one, maybe two crafts without them being severely gimped compared to other players that are focusing on others.

I'm at 7 CON and 7 THU (what's the abbrev for this?), so I'll see what happens when I get to 10, but I still think some way to restore MP without having to wait 10 minutes or use TP should be implemented. Look at it this way, if I consume all of my MP during a fight, I'm out of TP and my 10 min ability is down, how do I regain MP? Trek all the way back to a crystal that may be who knows how far away? Use a bunch of items? Why make mages go through all that when a melee class can just switch to passive mode and wait a couple minutes?

As for crafting, I don't know about that. I've got 4 crafts going right now with no slow down on any of them. The crafting guildleves are nice, but I can get similar SP by doing other random crafts, and I don't have to go anywhere to do them. I guess we'll see how it goes though... here's hoping for an Auction House and Mog House in the retail version. I'm already out of inventory space and afraid to sell things in case I need items for crafting. :lol

Ronok

Fixed1979 said:
So I can't get this latest patch installed...It stops at 94.6% when I use SE downloader and when I downloaded it from http://tehkrizz.net/downloads.asp (which had previously worked) it gives me the following error. "11031 Insufficient memory for update files. Please confirm that there is at least -2147483648 GB of available space on the C drive." Any ideas?

I was getting the same error.

Make sure you download the right file and put it in the right folder.

Zomba13

DrDogg said:
I'm at 7 CON and 7 THU (what's the abbrev for this?), so I'll see what happens when I get to 10, but I still think some way to restore MP without having to wait 10 minutes or use TP should be implemented. Look at it this way, if I consume all of the MP during a fight, I'm out of TP and my 10 min ability is down, how do I regain MP? Trek all the way back to a crystal that may be who knows how far away? Use a bunch of items? Why go through all that when a melee class can just switch to passive mode and wait a couple minutes?

As for crafting, I don't know about that. I've got 4 crafts going right now with no slow down on any of them. The crafting guildleves are nice, but I can get similar SP by doing other random crafts, and I don't have to go anywhere to do them. I guess we'll see how it goes though... here's hoping for an Auction House and Mog House in the retail version. I'm already out of inventory space and afraid to sell things in case I need items for crafting. :lol
The rank 10 abilities are shit btw. Restore 1 mp per 20 damage delt with them, they are very inacurate and pretty damn weak (I averaged around 160 or so on blue mobs in closed beta Phase 3). Takes about 3-4 hits to get the TP to 1000 too.

Fixed1979

Ronok said:
I was getting the same error.

Make sure you download the right file and put it in the right folder.

I didn't there where two patches for two different folders. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I have it working now!:D

Ronok

Fixed1979 said:
I didn't there where two patches for two different folders. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I have it working now!:D

Yeah, I was going crazy at first when I got the error as well. :p

zlatko

Banned
1283716111.jpg

Once you get access to the Level 10 battle leves.. or I should say can complete them new armor awaits you for completing them. :)

Zakkath

bluemax said:
So what do I need to do to get into the GAF Link Shell?

I'd like to know as well. I made 2 characters on Lindblum :

-Zakath Warrior (nickname doesn't mean last name, SE)
-Whiskey Jack

nataku

So, patch D2010.09.05.2000 is just stuck at 94.6% and won't go any further. I know they said they were having this problem earlier today, but have the seriously not fixed it in nearly 8 hours?

Londa

Banned
Rentahamster said:
OK, WTF??? I DCed, and now my linkpearl is destroyed. Jinko's pearl is gone too.

I can't even get back on. Wow if I still have my pearl I will try to pearl you guys. O_O

Zakkath

nataku said:
So, patch D2010.09.05.2000 is just stuck at 94.6% and won't go any further. I know they said they were having this problem earlier today, but have the seriously not fixed it in nearly 8 hours?

Stuck at the same place.

Cymdai

Neo Member
So, I've downloaded the open beta client, but it doesn't seem to work.

It says the program has a problem.

Is the download for it (the one that installs the client) outdated?

Just got back from NYC and did my updates. I'm in game now. (Trabia server, Ul'dah, named Shiinpu Kalamari)

Holy wow this has come a long way. A lot of little things have been greatly improved since closed beta. I'm thrilled now. :D

Teknoman

Zakkath said:
I'd like to know as well. I made 2 characters on Lindblum :

-Zakath Warrior (nickname doesn't mean last name, SE)
-Whiskey Jack

bluemax said:
So what do I need to do to get into the GAF Link Shell?

Message one of the holders, or just gimme a tell and i'll set something up.

jsrv

Teknoman said:
Message one of the holders, or just gimme a tell and i'll set something up.

What's your full name in lindblum server? I'm in Ul'dah and would like to join, got tired of just soloing

zlatko

Banned
I'm about to blow everyone's fucking mind.

The 48hr cool down on leves is somewhat a myth/wrong!

I went to Limsa, Ul'dah, and Grindia today. Today having been 2 days since new leves happened. So I wanted to do all battle leves for my 8. Only way to do that is to travel to all the nations and get their level 10 ones for battle leves. So I did 3 at Limsa, 3 at Ul'dah, 2 at Gridnia. Came back to Limsa, checked counter and it let me trade them back in for new ones already. Had been maybe 5 hours?

So I tested it. Grabbed 3 at Limsa, did them. Went to Ul'dah for 3, did them. Now I'm in Gridnia and did 2 more. Game crashed on me and I was going to back to Limsa to see if I could cycle them once again, but I'm pretty damn convinced you can.

All you have to do is travel folks. :)

I would like to join as well. Will the linkshell be wiped as well after release?

Server: Linblum
Name: ThousandMaster Talltale

I'll be on later tonight continue being lost! ^__^

zlatko said:

I went to Limsa, Ul'dah, and Grindia today. Today having been 2 days since new leves happened. So I wanted to do all battle leves for my 8. Only way to do that is to travel to all the nations and get their level 10 ones for battle leves. So I did 3 at Limsa, 3 at Ul'dah, 2 at Gridnia. Came back to Limsa, checked counter and it let me trade them back in for new ones already. Had been maybe 5 hours?

So I tested it. Grabbed 3 at Limsa, did them. Went to Ul'dah for 3, did them. Now I'm in Gridnia and did 2 more. Game crashed on me and I was going to back to Limsa to see if I could cycle them once again, but I'm pretty damn convinced you can.

Do you have to travel via boat in order for it to work?

notworksafe

cityhunter said:
I would like to join as well. Will the linkshell be wiped as well after release?

Server: Linblum
Name: ThousandMaster Talltale

I'll be on later tonight continue being lost! ^__^
Where are you starting? I'll add you to the OP

zlatko

Banned
cityhunter said:
Do you have to travel via boat in order for it to work?

To get on and off Limsa takes a ferry. The ferry from Limsa to Ul'dah region is bottom level of Limsa on far west on map. Says Ferry dock on map.

To go from Ul'dah to Limsa go far west outside of town. If you look on map of far west outside of the town of Ul'dah you'll see a boat picture. That's how you get to Limsas harbor.

As for getting to Gridnia it is far far north west of Ul'dah. If you are in Gridnia head the farthest south in the black shroud and you will eventually zone over to the Ul'dah region.

Enjoy folks. There's plenty plenty to gain from traveling to all 3.

1) Access to whatever guilds you need.
2) can buy shields at Ul'dah NPC, as well as armor in the middle market.
3) Gridnia has a level 8 bow at a NPC
4) Can pick leves of your choice and not wait for any 48hr cool downs. Which leads to more exp, more money, and item rewards if you are picking leves that give item rewards.

Alex

zlatko said:

The leves roll over at a server time, not at a flat 48 hours.

zlatko

Banned
Alex said:
The leves roll over at a server time, not at a flat 48 hours.

Where did SE touch on this? Because there's def. confusion on this subject from a lot of people. Everyone I had run into beta kept saying 48hour cool down after you do 8 leves. First day when I did 8 and then logged back in next day it would not let me swap in same town. Maybe the cool down effects you trying to swap for same town leves in same categories ?

The servers seem to all be crashed. Well, it's open beta, I hope Squenix gets the game semi-working before launch. Right now it's a nightmare of patches you can't download, client crashes you can't avoid, and now the servers are all down. People who bought the collector's edition are able to play the retail game in 12 days, and I honestly wonder how playable it will be in 12 days if it's like this right now.

Thoraxes

I got a message when I logged in about servers undergoing maintainence right around this time today. Are you sure they crashed, or were they purposefully taken offline like I thought the message said?

EDIT: "Starting from Sep. 5, 2010 at 20:08 (PDT), we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this maintenance period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.
* The Beta Test Site will continue to be available during maintenance."

DrDogg

Unknown Soldier said:
The servers seem to all be crashed. Well, it's open beta, I hope Squenix gets the game semi-working before launch. Right now it's a nightmare of patches you can't download, client crashes you can't avoid, and now the servers are all down. People who bought the collector's edition are able to play the retail game in 12 days, and I honestly wonder how playable it will be in 12 days if it's like this right now.

As I mentioned on the LS today...

Right now the current saying is, "This better be fixed by release day!"

After release day the saying will be, "This better be fixed by PS3 launch day!"

EDIT:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties where players are unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV.

To address these issues, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all worlds starting from the time listed below. During this maintenance period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable for play.
We currently do not have an estimate on when maintenance will end, but we will be sure to let you know as soon as it is finalized.
* The Beta Tester Site will continue to be available during maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 5, 2010 at 20:08 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

Londa

Banned
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties where players are unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV.

To address these issues, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all worlds starting from the time listed below. During this maintenance period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable for play.
We currently do not have an estimate on when maintenance will end, but we will be sure to let you know as soon as it is finalized.
* The Beta Tester Site will continue to be available during maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 5, 2010 at 20:08 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

This is my main issue at the moment. It takes hours to log in. I hope they fix this fast, guess I'll go to bed and hope everything is fine when I get up.

DrDogg

Since I wasn't in the close beta I can't post on the beta site or even look at the feedback forums. Are people complaining about the mage classes?

I'm perfectly fine when I'm soloing, but soloing is not fun to me... at all. But if the mage classes aren't fixed, I don't see many people partying in this game. You can't party effectively without healers and you won't get healers if they don't get SP and XP from partying (which they pretty much don't right now). Not to mention the terrible spell targeting system. What was so wrong with how they handled it in FFXI?

DrDogg said:
Since I wasn't in the close beta I can't post on the beta site or even look at the feedback forums. Are people complaining about the mage classes?

I'm perfectly fine when I'm soloing, but soloing is not fun to me... at all. But if the mage classes aren't fixed, I don't see many people partying in this game. You can't party effectively without healers and you won't get healers if they don't get SP and XP from partying (which they pretty much don't right now). Not to mention the terrible spell targeting system. What was so wrong with how they handled it in FFXI?

I remember you mentioning this to me last night, that you weren't geting any XP/SP from healing. Squenix hates healers confirmed. :lol

Alex

zlatko said:
Where did SE touch on this? Because there's def. confusion on this subject from a lot of people. Everyone I had run into beta kept saying 48hour cool down after you do 8 leves. First day when I did 8 and then logged back in next day it would not let me swap in same town. Maybe the cool down effects you trying to swap for same town leves in same categories ?

That's what I've read around, the leve limit resets at a set time, not based on when you picked 'em up.

Could easily be wrong, but would make sense considering conflicting reports.

I wouldn't worry so much about connection problems and the such for retail. Even in late betas things can go down often since it's free reign to pull down servers for every little problem while they can.

If anything it's encouraging due to the update quantity. It's nice to see them actually pull in some work, even on little things, after such sparse, anemic patching. Maybe they're getting closer to a state of completion where actual content and tweaks can be focused on instead of core basics.

That or maybe they really did just buy their servers at a yard sale.

Roll the dice, at this point!

Alex said:
If anything it's encouraging due to the update quantity. It's nice to see them actually pull in some work, even on little things, after such sparse, anemic patching. Maybe they're getting closer to a state of completion where actual content and tweaks can be focused on instead of core basics.

Such as implement hardware mouse support?
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13698/ffxiv-mouse-lag-fix/1/

It's apparently in the game client, might have been ninja'd in, but is still not enabled. This patch (from one of the guys who worked on FFXI Windower) enables it.

Alex

I gave up on competent controls and UI, I'm just sticking with the Playstation pad like I did with Xi as well. Hardware mouse not being enabled from the very get go is one of the most mind boggling things I've ever seen in any games development.

careksims

I just give up on their d/l client. Always seem to stall. UTorrent every time :/ Such a hassle.

So hardware mouse is in there, but turned off.... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom