• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Be prepared for another patch any moment.

I only say that because my download just finished and no doubt SE will screw me over again like they did this morning.

Teknoman

Pai Pai Master said:
Tek you wanna try to reroll with me onto Shadowlord?

Sure, does it tell you the server after you make the character, or you just have to go through the intro boat scene each time?

J-Rzez

Argh... stuck at 99.8% now. I'll pick up some speed, then it drops to nil for 20 minutes. :lol

I want to get in and try this sucker out already.

Londa

Banned
Thanks everyone for the Fraps suggestion.

Gromph: Thank you for providing the version updates. I have installed them all and I'm just waiting to get on and make my character. which should be just right about now.

What server is everyone on?? Which server should I pick??

Alex

I like how that chest armor looks, it looks like armor...! I'm just happy to see actual meaningful armor designs after enough years of neon death skull green/orange.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Sure, does it tell you the server after you make the character, or you just have to go through the intro boat scene each time?

Nope you have to sit through the cutsene :( or do it the way I said on the other page, both are a lot of hassle.

Londa

Banned
anyone know how to move your character around in the character creation screen? I can't see the hair styles all the way.

Teknoman

Should be a rotate option somewhere, or try with the mouse curor (left click and drag or right click and drag).

EDIT: We should report about the server select system. I know it wont be like this in retail, but maybe they could change it early beta in the next update.

Teknoman

I guess I could give constant rerolling a shot until I hit Shadowlord. It's not like i've done more than get used to the game currently.

Yasser

everytime i try to log in i get a error message saying

"Communication Error

Error Code:Http 500

The authentication server is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

is this a problem on my end or should i just be patient and try again later?

Coldsnap

Teknoman said:
I guess I could give constant rerolling a shot until I hit Shadowlord. It's not like i've done more than get used to the game currently.

you might want to wait, could get stuck in a que atm.

gillty

Banned
btw tip for keyboard players:

if you prefer to use the arrow keys for camera movement its pretty easy to get that setup

Download MapKeyboard
http://www.inchwest.com/mapkeyboard.aspx

Setup the corresponding arrowkeys to IJKL and then log off windows, your arrow keys will now be remapped system wide. When you want to reset the keys for normal use open map keyboard, hit reset keys, and log off / login on windows.

Yasser

Yasser said:
everytime i try to log in i get a error message saying

"Communication Error

Error Code:Http 500

The authentication server is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

is this a problem on my end or should i just be patient and try again later?

anyone?

One character on Shadowlord another on Jecth and another on Kefka :lol

It's gonna be impossible to get us all on the same server

Coldsnap said:
omg I'm not lagging, what is happening?!

yeah, I noticed that I wasn't stuttering too, though that could have been an instance. I'll have to try my previous character.

Jinko

Seems lag has gone for the most part and teleporting load times seem a lot faster now. (is a different server I suppose)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Metalmurphy said:
Explain :eek: There's something in the Memory that says what server you're gonna be on before you create the character?
from last page

Jinko said:
I think at least 3 of us are on Shadowlord, it took me about 15 tries to get on the right server and I was using the memory editor on the OP.

If you know how to use it, it will save you having to sit through the cutscene.

All you need to do is have it open when you make your name select next and then look for the name you just created in the memory editor, it will bring up several options you will need to select each one and then switch to edit memory, if you selected the correct one it will tell you which server its been assigned.

If its the wrong server, click previous, change the name and then click next, rinse and repeat.

There we go.

Let's get a list of names going?

Shadowlord Server

Jinko -- ??
Pai Pai Master -- Zhaan Lovecraft
Corran Horn -- Corran Horn
Cold Snap - Lord Cat

Who else? I'll update it as we get more names.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Corran Horn - Corran Horn

I like things simple :lol

Trying out PS3 controller now. Feels okay...still werid to play FF game with controller on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom