• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillty

Banned
Shadowlord Server

Jinko -- Lima Gor
Pai Pai Master -- Zhaan Lovecraft
Corran Horn -- Corran Horn
Coldsnap -- Lord Cat
valru -- Grim Fandango

In the beta as Nadataru Wadataru (formerly Khiqshi for the Fairy FFXI players out there).

So, in terms of framerate, does anyone have any tips for improving it? If I stand still for awhile and just wave the camera around it's mostly okay, but i drop to like 1 frame per second if I move around whatsoever. The game doesn't seem very configurable in terms of graphics settings, even in the config program.

I can play WoW on mostly full settings without a problem. I know this game's alot more demanding graphicswise, but the unplayable framerates I'm getting here are pretty ridiculous.

Mister Zimbu said:
In the beta as Nadataru Wadataru (formerly Khiqshi for the Fairy FFXI players out there).

So, in terms of framerate, does anyone have any tips for improving it? If I stand still for awhile and just wave the camera around it's mostly okay, but i drop to like 1 frame per second if I move around whatsoever. The game doesn't seem very configurable in terms of graphics settings, even in the config program.

I can play WoW on mostly full settings without a problem. I know this game's alot more demanding graphicswise, but the unplayable framerates I'm getting here are pretty ridiculous.

Make sure you turn off Ambient Occlusion. I can barely tell what it did but that was causing the biggest hit for me.

If that still doesn't help enough, turn off Depth of Field, turn down shadows to standard, buffering to half-size, or turn down your sampling.

You can activate up to 4 levequests at each camp, I think.

gillty

Banned
Shadowlord Server

Jinko -- Lima Gor
Coldsnap -- Lord Cat
valru -- Grim Fandango
Metalmurphy -- Metalmurphy One
hgplayer1 -- Hgplayer Uno

Let's give everyone a few minutes to get settled and then we can do Treasures of the Main together.

Shoot me a /tell in-game (/tell Zhaan Lovecraft blahblahblah) if you have any questions.

Ploid 3.0 said:
give me your gt5 avatar!

Only if I can have it back later :p

2jbodhh.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Either the lag is horrendous or my computer can definitely not handle this. I'm guessing the latter.

Kuraine

Neo Member
I'll see if I can get on Shadowlord when I get home, as I only played about 1 hour this morning. I definitely think my performance was hindered by all the lag and players moving about since I was on one of the higher-pop servers.

Also-to-come will be obligatory boat-scene avatar :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Pai Pai Master said:
Did you turn off Ambient Occlusion? that's the big killer.

Everything to low. Was getting movement delay and dodgy framerate.

Oh well was worth a shot.

Coldsnap

anyone know where you can buy a great axe to become a marauder? I've been looking for like 30mins.

i'm guessing it's in the marauders guild....

LowParry

Coldsnap said:
anyone know where you can buy a great axe to become a marauder? I've been looking for like 30mins.

You won't find anything there but a bunch of swaggers, rat men and a dude play his harp.

Edit: Good to see GAFers getting together for group. Would love to hear impressions. Though...who's going to heal? What is the healing class anyway?

Londa

Banned
I don't even know which server I'm on but I'm taking a break to make the all over my face avatar that is catching on in here lol

LowParry

Londa said:
I don't even know which server I'm on but I'm taking a break to make the all over my face avatar that is catching on in here lol

I'm so not changing my avatar for the O face. :lol

Salaadin

rhfb said:
So what exactly do I need to download to be ready to play once I do get a Beta account?

I was just coming to post this. Can I download the beta now so that if I get in, itll make it much easier? Or does SE update it every phase so much that you need to start from scratch every few weeks?

Palmer_v1

Pai Pai Master said:
Make sure you turn off Ambient Occlusion. I can barely tell what it did but that was causing the biggest hit for me.

If that still doesn't help enough, turn off Depth of Field, turn down shadows to standard, buffering to half-size, or turn down your sampling.

You can activate up to 4 levequests at each camp, I think.

Am I missing something? Where are all these options located?

Edit: NM, posted above.

LowParry

Salaadin said:
I was just coming to post this. Can I download the beta now so that if I get in, itll make it much easier? Or does SE update it every phase so much that you need to start from scratch every few weeks?

Updates are not based on your login. You should get the setup file in the OP and start your download there overnight.

Chris R

Salaadin said:
Well there is a post like two pages back that had a link to http://awk.cenobyte.org/ffxiv/

From there I downloaded the main .exe, installed that, got the first patch, and I'm currently downloading the newer patch. I'm guessing once that patch is downloaded I'd be ready to play (if I had access Q_Q)

Coldsnap said:

I dunno, but come up to the pub and meet with us, we're gonna complete Treasures of the Main.

Salaadin

CcrooK said:
Updates are not based on your login. You should get the setup file in the OP and start your download there overnight.

So FFXIVsetup is all I need? Dont worry about patches now because its always being patched?

Teknoman

Valru said:
Shadowlord Server

Jinko -- Lima Gor
Coldsnap -- Lord Cat
valru -- Grim Fandango

Damn it i've hit everywhere but Shadowlord.

Kefka, Gabranth, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, etc.

Does Shadowlord have a login queue now?

Mister Zimbu said:

Also if its a radeon card, ATI cards are having problems with the beta.

Anyone else getting

13001 The lobby server has encountered an error.
Error Code: 5003

?

I started the client up a few hours ago and waited, if that might have anything to do with it. Was there a small update in between periods?

Chris R

Downloaded the patch, now where do I put it so the downloaded will see it is already downloaded???

nevermind, I found it :) Now the wait begins!

chris-013

The game is really better with a gamepad... it's sad for the xbox360 version and the late ps3 version. ^^;

Edit : Marauder hits hard, 90 with the second skill they learn. :lol

Teknoman said:
This sucks, I still keep getting kefka.

Are you using different names every time you see the memory? Cause if you use the same one the previous tries stay on memory and you'll just keep running into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom