• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgplayer1

performance was gettin a little worse as i kept playing so decided to log and lower my res.

bad idea. lol

time outs from hell now

i did manage to get some kills and tele to limsa so didnt really have any issues in game.

edit: woot just got back in

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How do you mine / gather crap.

I think someone mentioned you get / cast a skill but I tabbed through and didn't see anything.
A guide for that / also how to get a 360 pad working would be greatlyappreciated.

Already crashed once.

Rocwell

Just logged in and the game is running a lot smoother for me on my ATI 4850. Might just be because I logged in on the outskirts of town though, we'll see how things go once I head back in...

Teknoman

Performance is alot better now. No crazy studdering in town.

I think I just crashed from trying to enter the southern island market ward. Someone needs to place some map icons there, because I dont think anyone would known Island = Market ward instance.

EDIT: And now I cant log back in. Well on the bright side the ATI Radeon bug is no more and ingame performance is really smooth for me.

Wallach

WTF Square, send me an e-mail already I want to try this. God damn it's like I'm not entitled to whatever I want or something. Asses.

Jinko

Did part of the second quest chain, Sisipu says she will mark the area on your map, but no idea where she buggered off too.

Tried to teleport and crashed out, can't be arsed anymore now, guna go to sleep and hopefully it won't be canceled when I wake up.

ATI bug is still there, but not anywhere near as bad as it was, think I'm still guna go with an Nvidia card for this game.

LaneDS

Wallach said:
WTF Square, send me an e-mail already I want to try this. God damn it's like I'm not entitled to whatever I want or something. Asses.

Ha. They're doing you a favor right now, believe you me.

Chris R

Maybe they need to make more servers, or open up more starter zones... Sounds pretty damn horrible right about now considering how damn close the game is to release .

Narag

Seems to be running smooth out by the Skull whatever camp. Those rank 10 levequests are no joke. :lol

Yeesh, one had me killing swarms of insects except one would fly off and spawn two more. Had to kite them while my hp regenerated from 50 to full. Good times!

LaneDS

ATI graphics are improved considerably. Performance isn't great but now it's gone from unplayable on an HD5770 in crowded areas to passable. With time it'll get to where it should be, or close to it, I'm sure.

The game itself is not any better after a week, and after doing all the levequests (which take no time at all and really offer next to no tangible rewards for trying it harder difficulty) you're left with grinding wharf rats as the most expedient way of leveling up. The two to five second lag on every action on Sephiroth (you couldn't choose your server when I created this pugilist) isn't helping matters either.

For now though, trying to grind out a few levels to see if the experience improves, or if Square drops some more content on us in the weeks ahead.

chris-013

Wow they really improved the lag and the performance !
I don't have time to play much today but I already played 1 hour without problem.

Rank 8 marauder, learned skullcrusher, this skill is a bit OP hudge damage + physical damage over time I can kill yellow puk without problem :)

Khrno

I'll join the avatar group now:

ffxivgame_2010-07-24_04-44-05-94.jpg

I hope the ATI issues get resolved soon, or I'll see myself forced to buy an Nvidia card before getting a new PC next year. Framerate was decent at around 20 FPS, but the game just kept crashing every now and then with many characters around.

I did very much enjoyed the combat, but I didn't get used to the whole 'F' deal (and C for locking).

Zomba13

Got a lot of pics to go through. Plenty of good shots of the monsters including a fan favourite from FFXI :D

EDIT: Also I think I've been everywhere I can except deeper into the cave area (got 1 shot by a bat ;_;)

Teknoman

Saw some cursed guys and an Ahriman near town in a cave, some strange fish-lizard thing near a cliff, and a crazy looking jackal near a bridge to the east of town. Think i'm going to either be Gladiator or Pugilist from now on. Tanking with a Gladiator is abit more involved, so thats cool.

Alot of the areas in the retainer and party search menus could use explanations. Oh and it seems "Reassign" in the stats menu, only lets you redistribute the points you got with your most recent level up.

LowParry

Teknoman said:
Saw some cursed guys and an Ahriman near town in a cave, some strange fish-lizard thing near a cliff, and a crazy looking jackal near a bridge to the east of town. Think i'm going to either be Gladiator or Pugilist from now on. Tanking with a Gladiator is abit more involved, so thats cool.

Tanking is like a melee class of its own. I think I'll try this Pugilist next. What was wrong wit lancer?

Edit: I take that back, trying a caster.

Burli

Pringo
Okay this might sound stupid - but how the hell do you get into the city? On all the servers I've tried there's just a bunch of people stuck in the starting area.

EDIT: Nevermind!

LowParry

Did they lower the FPS cap to 26? Cause that's all I'm able to get instead of the previous 30 FPS.

Edit: Okay, Conj's are pretty cool since I can start with two elemental attacks of my choosing. Though the lag on the server was pretty bad so the casting times took a bit of a while to do. Hrm. Conj...Glad...Conj...Glad....damn. Who to go with?

Wallach

CcrooK said:
Did they lower the FPS cap to 26? Cause that's all I'm able to get instead of the previous 30 FPS.

Edit: Okay, Conj's are pretty cool since I can start with two elemental attacks of my choosing. Though the lag on the server was pretty bad so the casting times took a bit of a while to do. Hrm. Conj...Glad...Conj...Glad....damn. Who to go with?

FPS cap... 26...?

LowParry

Wallach said:
FPS cap... 26...?

Beta has a FPS cap of 30. At least it was like that before but now I can only get a max FPS of 26. Retail is suppose to have a 60 FPS though not sure if that is a cap or not.

Wallach

CcrooK said:
Beta has a FPS cap of 30. At least it was like that before but now I can only get a max FPS of 26. Retail is suppose to have a 60 FPS though not sure if that is a cap or not.

Blah, that sounds crappy. Wonder what the reason for that is.

LowParry

Wallach said:
Blah, that sounds crappy. Wonder what the reason for that is.

Reduce lag of some sorts? The game runs fine and by the looks of it, they're on the right track of keeping servers up and going this time. Stability will work its way in of course. We'll probably see more and more of it over the next couple of weeks.

Now, about those control tweaks....

Ronok

The game is running like a dream today. :D Even the ATI bug seems to have been fixed because I'm not getting a drop in framerate anywhere now. The game runs perfectly in the city even.

Login was as smooth as you'd like as well, so I think these past few tests have really helped. :)

Burli

Pringo
Gah, frustration!

First my HUD dissapears and I can't find a way to bring it up, then for SOME reason when logging into the beta tester site - it keeps saying my password is entered incorrectly and locks me out of my account for 'several minutes' - how long is 'several minutes'?

Whole experience has been really awkward so far, I hate the PC controls compared to FFXI, things like using the chat is horrible, the party invitation method etc etc, nothing feels easy.

Zomba13

Fucking Battle Regimens, how do they work?

In other news Ewes are the new rats. Plentiful, easy to kill and good xp. There's a huge section full of them.

Salaadin

Thats awesome about the ATI fixes working out so far. Now I dont feel as discouraged as I did last week. I hope ATI responds better to them and they can get it working as good as it should.

Where did you see about the retail supposedly having a 60FPS cap Ccrook?

LowParry

Salaadin said:
Thats awesome about the ATI fixes working out so far. Now I dont feel as discouraged as I did last week. I hope ATI responds better to them and they can get it working as good as it should.

Where did you see about the retail supposedly having a 60FPS cap Ccrook?

Just forum banter I've read. Said it's been talked about in previous interviews though don't know which of them to find.

Burli

Pringo
I'm really not getting this game.

When I try to fight stuff, get my weapon out, target it - I can't do anything? Can't use my battle regimens, gives the command that I 'Can't use Battle Regimens when I'm not engaged' - how am I not engaged? Guh.

Also, can't put my weapons away sometimes at all 'That command can not be processed'.

LowParry

Burli said:
I'm really not getting this game.

When I try to fight stuff, get my weapon out, target it - I can't do anything? Can't use my battle regimens, gives the command that I 'Can't use Battle Regimens when I'm not engaged' - how am I not engaged? Guh.

Also, can't put my weapons away sometimes at all 'That command can not be processed'.

It's server lag more than likely. It takes forever for my spells to cast.

Ronok

If for some reason you find yourself unable to attack anything, you should logout then back in. It's a pretty common bug in the beta.

Does anyone have a list of what each of the stats are? Specifically mind and int.... I remember one being posted, but I can't remember which is magic defence and which is magic str....

RuGalz

Ronok said:
If for some reason you find yourself unable to attack anything, you should logout then back in. It's a pretty common bug in the beta.

Does anyone have a list of what each of the stats are? Specifically mind and int.... I remember one being posted, but I can't remember which is magic defence and which is magic str....
INT= Magic Attack
MND= Magic Acc.
PTR= Magic Def.

STR= Attack
DEX= Acc.
VIT= Def.

Burli

Pringo
Yeah I realised it must have been lag or something.

Essentially, I ready my weapons, target the enemy and then select a move - nothing happens. Then I'm stuck with my weapons out and unable to put them away for around 5-10 minutes.

Also can't log out until I can put my weapons away.

LowParry

Valru said:
wow servers are still up, time to move up to 24/7 testing square :D

Lag is off and on. Could use a little more work but it's on the right track. When there's no lag, casting is a blessing.

Speaking of, it's going to be rough with casters on leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom