• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought it was starting now :lol

Well, you can enter the character the creation screen now it seems (pretty sure I couldn't earlier).

Anduron

Got in easy tonight! A couple of questions though.

Is there only supposed to be that one levequest at bearded rock?

Also how does one gain action points. I have 0/10 but I need 3 to equip some of the skills I've learned. Not sure I really understand as my Archer is level 5 now but I've never had any to use.

Zomba13

Francinium said:

Also how does one gain action points. I have 0/10 but I need 3 to equip some of the skills I've learned. Not sure I really understand as my Archer is level 5 now but I've never had any to use.
You have 10 AP, none of them have been used thats why its 0/10. if you equip a 3 skill it will change to 3/10 showing that you've sued 3 out of your 10 AP.

Anduron

Zomba13 said:
You have 10 AP, none of them have been used thats why its 0/10. if you equip a 3 skill it will change to 3/10 showing that you've sued 3 out of your 10 AP.

Haha weird, thanks though finally got it equipped.

gillty

Banned
Francinium said:

go back to the adventurers guild in limsa to pick up more guildleves

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So during a battle i get Archery skill proficiency ups, where can I see what that is at? It doesnt seem to effect my Archer rank and I cant seem to find any other skill points.

Narag

Corran Horn said:
So during a battle i get Archery skill proficiency ups, where can I see what that is at? It doesnt seem to effect my Archer rank and I cant seem to find any other skill points.

I think they're the points awarded after the monster is defeated.

hgplayer1

I really hate the mini map. Why cant it be like the one in FFXI. This is in regards to how it doesnt rotate when you turn. I still havent gotten used to it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
There are times where I should get like 400+ and only get 150~. Oh well.

Also god damn its so easy to run away from mobs in this game lol. Had 3 hp left and run away and the mobs give up fairly quickly. At least these lower level ones

Teknoman

Seems no one tries battle regimen, or they just cant get it to work right.

Isnt it just: clicking begin battle regimen, choosing an attack, let others stack attacks, and then click begin?

Kept getting sequence errors.

Chris R

Anyone know when more invites are going to be handed out? My belief that I'll ever be in the Beta Test is going down with the limited time the game has left in Beta :(

Londa

Banned
For the short amount of time I played last night before going to bed, I noticed improvement. I had fun and enjoyed myself and using a controller was 100% better than the keyboard. Can't wait to play it when I get home from work. :D

After I finish the treasure of main quest I think I'll do the three leve's and then try out crafting. I really want to understand how to do crafting. I was really far in Cloth and Wood and was working on Bonecrafte before I quit 11.

I loved making armor in Clothcraft that I could wear and making stuff in Woodworking that I can place in my moogle house. I hope they release a moogle house before the release date.

Con: I didn't like how when the npc talked to you on the linkpearl, the linkpearl text was scrolling like superman reading a novel. I'm going to suggest to slow npc text and basically all story text. Or let you adjust the speed (if that option isn't already there).

fyi: if the map has a slow scroll for you, try using a controller it was scrolling at a decent speed.

Munba

Londa said:
and making stuff in Woodworking that I can place in my moogle house. I hope they release a moogle house before the release date.

There are already recipes/possibility to make fornitures?

Zomba13

Corran Horn said:
There are times where I should get like 400+ and only get 150~. Oh well.
This. Proficiency can't be the amount of skill points you get as there are time when I shoul have gotten at least 10 skill points but come the battles end I only get physical exp.

Also I can't get on the vent server and am back in game btw.

Corum

Once you have done the guildleves, and main quest missions, do you just grind until level 10 until more guildleves are available and another main quest?

Jinko

Londa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjCijezqLI

A really active fight. Also shows that the mage got hate and ran away. Maybe he hasn't played a mage job in FFXI?

Also that aoe regen is nice. In 11 it took awhile to get it.

Looks like the GLD hadn't learnt provoke yet.

Didn't get to play this time :(

Once you have done the guildleves, and main quest missions, do you just grind until level 10 until more guildleves are available and another main quest?

You can start doing skull rock leves at about 6-7 I think, just go for the 1 star.

cruets

so how does changing jobs work? can you change jobs mid battle? sorry if this is dumb question, but i got no clue and i'm curious

gillty

Banned
Jinko said:
You can start doing skull rock leves at about 6-7 I think, just go for the 1 star.
I started doing them at rank 4, they're pretty tough at that level but good xp.

also go to hawkers alley in limsa and pick up a rank20+ weapon because for now you can still equip much higher rank equipment and they make everything much easier. :D

Corum

Jinko said:

Thanks, I'll give that a go now.

Also where can you buy armour? Is armour and weapons mainly based around Hawkers Alley?

Corum

Baloonatic said:
You can buy weapons and shiels a bit north of the blacksmith guild. Couldn't find armour but I'm sure there's some somewhere.

I checked East & West Hawker's Alley and nothing there. It might be craft, drop and quest dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom