• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Man I still cant figure out how to repair my weapons. I have the materials to repair my brass dagger, but It doesnt seem to work in the normal synthesis menu.

EDIT: Give me a tell ingame, Teknoman Blade, Shadowlord server.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
hgplayer1 said:
by the way I cant get ventrilo to work.

it gets to where it says synchronizing then never does anything.

any tips?

Download the ventrilo.exe from OP

sigmal

Neo Member
Teknoman said:
Man I still cant figure out how to repair my weapons. I have the materials to repair my brass dagger, but It doesnt seem to work in the normal synthesis menu.

EDIT: Give me a tell ingame, Teknoman Blade, Shadowlord server.

You have to select the weapon from the inventory menu to see the repair option. I had to equip my blacksmith hammer to repair my gladius and axe.

Londa

Banned
I plan to really get into blacksmithing so I will help anyone that needs a repair on their weapon, whenever I'm online.

Teknoman

sigmal said:
You have to select the weapon from the inventory menu to see the repair option. I had to equip my blacksmith hammer to repair my gladius and axe.

No wonder...I kept trying to use the synthesis menu.

Jinko

Classic_Gs said:
So why does Behest even exist? Just lower the timer on levequests.

I can see it becoming like an NM hunt in the future.

I think you need to talk to the repair guy in hawkers alley, he will give the choice to repair with your own materials or use his.

Although I think this is stupid if this is the only way to repair items, I thought they said we could repair them out on the field, maybe thats a trait or ability learned later on though ?

Gromph

Staff Member
Jinko said:
I can see it becoming like an NM hunt in the future.

I think you need to talk to the repair guy in hawkers alley, he will give the choice to repair with your own materials or use his.

Although I think this is stupid if this is the only way to repair items, I thought they said we could repair them out on the field, maybe thats a trait or ability learned later on though ?

Thats why crafters are important in the game :)

Gromph

Staff Member
Teknoman said:
No wonder...I kept trying to use the synthesis menu.

Open Inventory -> Select Weapon -> Repair or Seek Repair.

chris-013 said:
The game run very great with my new gtx 460.
1680x1050, AAx4, High shadow.

4200-4300 on the benchmark was 3700-3800 with the 4870.

Mine arrived today, gonna test later. :)

Ronok

I decided to give up on thaumaturge because it's just way too slow. I'll probably give it another chance later.

Pugilist however is pretty awesome. :D

Gromph

Staff Member
Ronok said:
I decided to give up on thaumaturge because it's just way too slow. I'll probably give it another chance later.

Pugilist however is pretty awesome. :D

Yeah it is :)

PUG 12 atm.

Today i'm going to test Lancer.

Ronok

Lancer is the first job I tried, but I decided to give something else a try seeing as I was DRG in FFXI. I thought a different weapon would be a breath of fresh air. :p

Londa

Banned
I didn't know there were daggers in the game. :D

new Famitsu article: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1238129_1124.html

translation is on FFXIV core.

After renting a special store, called a stand, you can have your retainer stand there. You can change the color of the roof of your stand to help it stand out.

:D :D :D :D

hope we can place items out for display or decorate it according to what we sale. Like if you sale only armor, you could make it look like an armor shop.. I am going to suggest that.

Zomba13

Londa said:
hope we can place items out for display or decorate it according to what we sale. Like if you sale only armor, you could make it look like an armor shop.. I am going to suggest that.
You can choose the colour of the stands roof and you can display it like another store (like alchemy store, wood working, weapons, clothing etc)
I sadly had nothing to stock my retainer with so I put her in a stand taking up space >.>

Londa

Banned
Zomba13 said:
You can choose the colour of the stands roof and you can display it like another store (like alchemy store, wood working, weapons, clothing etc)
I sadly had nothing to stock my retainer with so I put her in a stand taking up space >.>

Oh you can display it like another store too? Ok, I'm satified. :)

I like the idea of taking up a craft as a main and making house calls to people who need repairs or items crafted outside of my store. My retainer will be my low paid employee that can't find a better job so they stay at my shop to work. :lol

Munba

New place in beta?

up59247.jpg

It should be around Gald Gnoll, in the north-west.

Zomba13

OMG an elemental!

ffxivgame2010-07-2915-12-11-99.jpg

Also, If i'm not mistaken does that say 'Summoning Pool' on the Bald Knoll map? Interesting...

EDIT: Still not found the way into the cave but did get to the isles of umbra.

Londa

Banned
I knew they would have to update us with more media.

I wish they would talk about new stuff planned for the game. Like players house, the other towns/cities, other transportation, new areas, etc...

Zomba13 said:
OMG an elemental!

PIC

Also, If i'm not mistaken does that say 'Summoning Pool' on the Bald Knoll map? Interesting...

EDIT: Still not found the way into the cave but did get to the isles of umbra.

Niceeee. I also like how they added "_________ is aware of your presence" to indicate aggro. Seems like there's plugin potential there.

Zomba13

I found Bombs, Lightening Elementals and Megalocrab in Cassopia's Hollow. Two guys killed Megalo with easy, the mage had shell too.

MCX

Banned
Zomba13 said:
OMG an elemental!

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac270/zomba13/ffxiv/ffxivgame2010-07-2915-12-11-99.jpg[IMG]

EDIT: Still not found the way into the cave but did get to the isles of umbra.[/QUOTE]
Are elementals still hostile to magic casting?

Edit: If you see my character running around, it's not me - I sold her off.

Zomba13

MCX said:
Are elementals still hostile to magic casting?

Edit: If you see my character running around, it's not me - I sold her off.
Dunno. Didn't think to try casting. The lightening elementals didn't atatck the guy healing the guy killing the megalocrab though.

gillty

Banned
Mister Zimbu said:
So there's supposedly a level 10 class quest? Is that physical level 10 or class level 10? Where do you get them? WHAT THE HELL DO I DO
physical level, class rank

its class rank 10, and you return to the guy in the inn that you did the original class quest at

Zomba13

Just finished Legends Adrift (the next story mission at rank 10) Pretty good action cutscenes and I'm curious as to what that noise you keep hearing is that makes you character look like he has a headache. I suppose the next story mission would be at rank 15? or 20?

Also anyone want to do some leves at bloodshore? I don't know if I'll be able to do them alone.

Londa

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Just finished Legends Adrift (the next story mission at rank 10) Pretty good action cutscenes and I'm curious as to what that noise you keep hearing is that makes you character look like he has a headache. I suppose the next story mission would be at rank 15? or 20?

Also anyone want to do some leves at bloodshore? I don't know if I'll be able to do them alone.

I just keep telling myself that my characer has spidey sense. :lol

Zomba13

Managed to do the Bloodshore leves at rank 10 phys 17. I've been reassigning skill points a lot. Got like 15 in 2 of my magic stats and 17 in the other and 40 odd in my phys stats now.

Edit: Just did it again, Stats are now:
STR: 42
VIT: 41
DEX: 47
MND:15
INT: 15
PIE: 15

Teknoman

Apparently you can use any (well not sure if its any, but it seems like most) weapon skills with another weapon.

I usually dont like to use axes, but for some reason im really liking Marauder.

Going back online in a little.

Zomba13

Teknoman said:
Apparently you can use any (well not sure if its any, but it seems like most) weapon skills with another weapon.

I usually dont like to use axes, but for some reason im really liking Marauder.

Going back online in a little.
So far you can. Not sure if it's intentional though. Marauder is pretty cool. I enjoyed the 5 ranks I played as it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom