• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sorian

Banned
I despise the grind for relic weapons and I only just decided to do Atma. Got most of the Atmas ok but Outer La Noscea is fucking horrible, like 30-40 fates and no dice. That said I'm still enjoying the rest of 2.x-3.0 content, just unlocked Snowpoint but I'm catching up on dungeons in the meantime. Also can I exchange Allagan Poetics for th next tier etc (not expecting a 1:1 exchange) when I reach HW content?

No but you're in luck! The new relic is quite the grind but you can use poetics for it as well!

WolvenOne

When's the next live letter again? 23rd?

Edit: Nvm, checked another source, yeah it's the 23rd. Hopefully they have some actual stuff to show us.

WolvenOne

I did 10 FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands, got no drops, and promptly had Atma flashbacks. Haven't picked it up since.

I am weak.

Margaret-Thatcher-Weak-Feeble.gif

....I kid I kid, I wouldn't want to do that step if I didn't have to either. I mean, I WILL when I do my next relic, but I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

Wilsongt

Looks like more and more people are done with the relic. Bitching period is over.
Game is officially ded again and you all are filthy casuals.

Jayhawk

Only a few more days to enter my bad glamour contest for a chance to win a Sleipnir mount, Minfilia glamour outfit, red magitek mount, or white magitek mount. To enter, just PM me a picture of your character in bad glamour. Good luck to those who've entered and those who plan on entering!

Sorian

Banned
Nah. Don't underestimate the ability for people to put physical and mental stress on their bodies to be reddit first for a relic

I don't care about relic and I'm still pumping at that relic hard.

I'd totally be done if I could actually no life it and had no work.

Same. I don't want to end up like that guy suing Bethesda over losing his job and his marriage to Fallout 4 (played for 2 weeks non-stop and skipped work, eating, going outside, etc).

Even on weekends, I force myself to go out for at least an hour twice a day, even if it's just to go eat. And hopefully when I move back to CA in a few months, I'll have a social life again thanks to being near my friends and will be going out on Friday nights/Saturdays like I used to and not playing XIV. Working from home for nearly 6 months + having a very simple job + non-existent social life is a recipe for playing way too much. Just another one of the many mistakes this move back to Texas turned out to be. Thankfully curved that in past month with less raiding and cut off times at night. Also once Holiday break begins, especially if I get relic done this week, going to try to play stuff OTHER than XIV exclusively. Like Zestiria and Xenoblade...

Wilsongt

I am doing it slowly. The alex runs let me gear my bard and war at least. And the exp from the beastmen is good for my war

Wilsongt

Coil runs are super quick now. My fc were speculating how to make it hard again. Lol. Start out on t1 in all dark light and then go through only with armor you grind for via coil.

WolvenOne

Coil runs are super quick now. My fc were speculating how to make it hard again. Lol. Start out on t1 in all dark light and then go through only with armor you grind for via coil.

I mean, people did min-ilvl runs back before 2.X ended. At level 60 with 20% Echo it'd still be fairly easy I think, at least up into the later turns.

Turn off echo though, and even at level 60 you might hit a bit of trouble at min-ilvl.

Jayhawk

A reminder to those who need the crafted items for their anime weapons: you need 4 HQ of each item, so get enough materials to make four of each item you need.

EDIT: It hurts to google for FFXI screenshots to compare the looks of FFXI Ukonvasara and the screenshot of the FFXIV Ukonvasara that Reddit user posted. The top images for Ukonvasara FFXI are from account selling pages. That "Aftermath: Occasionally deals double damage" weapon trait still too good though.

ebil

Trialed a super good WHM tonight. There's about 0% chance they'll stay with us long term but it was nice playing with a healing partner who knows what they're doing. If they last us until 3.2 I'll be happy, there should be a bigger pool of people to recruit from when the next raid tier hits.

Tabris

A reminder to those who need the crafted items for their anime weapons: you need 4 HQ of each item, so get enough materials to make four of each item you need.

EDIT: It hurts to google for FFXI screenshots to compare the looks of FFXI Ukonvasara and the screenshot of the FFXIV Ukonvasara that Reddit user posted. The top images for Ukonvasara FFXI are from account selling pages. That "Aftermath: Occasionally deals double damage" weapon trait still too good though.

Best relic was Gjallarhorn. Second best relic was Aegis.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Somebody on Reddit posted their runs to grind out relic. In addition to this they had 3K allied seals and capped tomes heading into relic, and earned another 3K seals and did some beast tribe quests.

Grind grind grind grind.
Yikes! I'm not hardcore enough to grind Alexander like that because my mind wouldn't be able to handle such a daunting task over such a long time.

On a different topic thou now I remember why I didn't like leveling Culinarian and that's because of all the different ingredients you have to handle! I'm almost done with it since I got to Lv.40 last night.

Jayhawk

I ended up getting 3 crystals from 3 consecutive FATEs in the Sea of Clouds just before maintenance. I just need 2 more from the Hinterlands and 3 more from Azys Lla for a complete set. I might grind out a second set of crystals on my way to getting NIN to 60 because I'd rather grind FATEs than dungeons.

WolvenOne

I did A1 around 40 times today because I hate myself.

Don't worry, I hate you too now. *Jab jab* In all honesty, while that might be a little faster then how I'm doing it, it feels like my method is a bit less soul destroying. <_<;;

Aaaaanyhow, real reason I came here, to list off things I'd like to see them do in the near future to add a bit more pizazz to things.

---

1: Bring back smurfing Hildibrand already! Yes I know, you're doing the Scholasticate Quests, and those are nice I hear. Lets be real though, Hildibrand was probably one of the best received parts of 2.X. I think a lot of people would probably resub if only briefly just to go through more Hildiquests.

Heck, speaking personally, if he got his own game I'd probably buy it! XD

2: More trials. Gadzooks guys, I know you have Alex Normal mode, but those never show up on the trial roulette. Sure, casual trials like Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh HM not not be serious content, but having a lot of stuff like that still ends up creating a sort of popcorn effect, creating little tiny bits of content that you enjoy frequently. That sort of stuff helps.

Plus, more opportunities for bonus Tomes. Now that I'm doing a Tome grind the lack of trials at sixty is kinda glaring.

3: More long term battle goals at end-game. Not that the game is completely lacking in this area, but it could still use a bit of work in this regard. With a bit more attention PVP could work for this purpose I suppose, as could Diadem. Regardless, it feels like this game needs more formalized long term goals in this regard.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's up... and no notes yet.

I'm not even sure if I downloaded a patch.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

iammeiam

Based on the JP forums it looks like a fix for retainers refusing to be summoned, and a fix for something to do with MogMail and people on your friends list or blacklist.

No 'woops decimal in the wrong spot' for anima, rip.

And as I post this, NA notes go up:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Dec. 22, 2015)

The following issues have been fixed:

&#12539;An issue wherein retainers could not be summoned or would be unable to perform actions under certain conditions.
&#12539;An issue wherein character names would not display correctly under certain conditions on the Friend List and Blacklist, as well as on sent and received letters.

GAME IS SAVED

tgl3

Neo Member
Is there really any reason to go for the 210 relic if you're not hardcore raiding and need 210 gear? I'm assuming (as per 2.0 relics) the 210 step will be reduced massively when they introduce the next relic tier, so I'm debating even starting that phase as I currently don't raid (no static gg)

I ask because the Awoken Eso weapons look pretty awesome (and currently no way to rebuy them if you get the 210 weapon) whereas the 210 ones look pretty meh. Especially for PLD. We all know glamour is the endgame.

Kenai

Is there really any reason to go for the 210 relic if you're not hardcore raiding and need 210 gear? I'm assuming (as per 2.0 relics) the 210 step will be reduced massively when they introduce the next relic tier, so I'm debating even starting that phase as I currently don't raid (no static gg)

I ask because the Awoken Eso weapons look pretty awesome (and currently no way to rebuy them if you get the 210 weapon) whereas the 210 ones look pretty meh. Especially for PLD. We all know glamour is the endgame.

It actually took them a pretty long time to nerf the Anima step.When did that do that...2.4? 2.45? Even later?

I'm hoping they nerf this step sooner, but who knows. (btw you ppl thinking they would nerf the grind this quick are silly, wait for 3.2 at least).

tgl3

Neo Member
It actually took them a pretty long time to nerf the Anima step.When did that do that...2.4? 2.45? Even later?

Oh really? I only started in August so I didn't realise it was that late into the 2.0 releases. Huh. Doesn't bode well for the current 3.0 steps then!

Omni

Anyone know if I need PlayStation Plus to play this game online? It's the only reason why I use my PS4 at this point. Seems a bit wasteful to keep paying for that AND the sub. I'm on break from uni for another month or two, so after thinking about it, I probably won't take a break any time soon. Haha

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Anyone know if I need PlayStation Plus to play this game online? It's the only reason why I use my PS4 at this point. Seems a bit wasteful to keep paying for that AND the sub. I'm on break from uni for another month or two, so after thinking about it, I probably won't take a break any time soon. Haha

No, Plus is not needed.

BadRNG

Is there really any reason to go for the 210 relic if you're not hardcore raiding and need 210 gear?
The hardcore raiders already have the 210 gear. Unless you are super anal about being BiS for some reason then relic is not really close to being needed, and if they follow the 2.x plan then it never will be. Relic is for the people that don't raid and want to feel like they are progressing somehow gear wise
or for the people that hate themselves

Unless you got literally nothing else to do
or you hate yourself
I'd never recommend doing relic for well, actual stat reasons. There's always very good alternatives available that are more than capable of doing every thing in the game.

Tiops

Some people complain about it, but I really like how one skill can change everything for the battle classes. Got my DRG to 60 yesterday (yay) and was handling the BotD mechanics pretty well. Then I learned Geirskogul and I need to learn rotations again, and I can't wait to try it out.

It was the same when I got my BLM to 50 on ARR and got Fire 3. Everything changes, and it's great. I hope they keep changing stuff on the next expansions (with the exception of the changes they made to BRD, that basically changed the class completely).

Top Bottom