• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Ken

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Zodiac_Weapon

Not worth it at this point. They're introducing a new one in 3.15 that doesn't require the old one. If you really really want to do the old one, wait for 3.1 since it'll have nerfs for the old one's quest chain.

You can do up to...Nexus maybe? Or whatever the first soulglaze/light step is since I think that's the last step they nerfed already.

But yeah, unless you really like the weapon or are really bored, I wouldn't recommend it. Trial of the Braves step is so boring even with all the nerfs.

Valor

I'm considering making a DRG Zeta, just for the glamour. I feel like I might be too busy for that tho.
I want to make a joke concerning bad glamour and possible awards, but I know that there's a Zeni out there somewhere just waiting for that opening to get me with a sick burn.

Instead I'll just say that Zodiac Dragoon weapon is utter trash appearance wise.

WolvenOne

I want to make a joke concerning bad glamour and possible awards, but I know that there's a Zeni out there somewhere just waiting for that opening to get me with a sick burn.

Instead I'll just say that Zodiac Dragoon weapon is utter trash appearance wise.

Eh, I like it. It's not as cool as the Shiva spear, but still...

Sorian

Banned

Meanwhile, I went back to my BLM zeta as my glamour. Every rod in 3.0 has been trash.

iammeiam

I'm using my Zeta as well, but thinking of upgrading to the Nexus in the meantime. Not a huge fan of the other weapons around for Bard at an end game level.

gross gross gross no no no. Bard has so many nice-looking options from ARR without vestigial harps.

studyguy

I can't wait to enjoy the look of the new relics only to have it shattered a patch later when they add the gaudy glowing effects.

qvVE4Qe.gif

Oh I got a pug too this month, this gif is fitting now.

Mattiator

Feeling a little overwhelmed, I just got Goldsmith to Lvl 58, that's my first doh class, I also have a Lvl 60 Miner. I need to get blue scripts I'm guessing but for my Goldsmith it appears I would have to spend ridiculous amounts of money, and even then I can't seem to find a rotation (or find information online) that makes it even a high enough collectable. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks

Wilsongt

But can I wear a king slime on my afro?

Wear an afro, with the gaelicat headpiece, with a gaelicat sitting on top.

Feeling a little overwhelmed, I just got Goldsmith to Lvl 58, that's my first doh class, I also have a Lvl 60 Miner. I need to get blue scripts I'm guessing but for my Goldsmith it appears I would have to spend ridiculous amounts of money, and even then I can't seem to find a rotation (or find information online) that makes it even a high enough collectable. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks

It's usually best to spend a while farming up what you need. What are some of your blue script options for the day?

WolvenOne

Thanks

Wait until you're 60 before trying to get Blue Scrips. I mean yeah, it's possible to do it at 57, buuuut unless you have numerous crafting classes leveled to 50 and you know exactly what you're doing it's going to be an uphill battle.

At 60, your chances are a bit better. Though I might note, if you don't have other crafting classes at 50 it'll still be hard. (SE really needs to adjust that.)

Mattiator

Wear an afro, with the gaelicat headpiece, with a gaelicat sitting on top.

It's usually best to spend a while farming up what you need. What are some of your blue script options for the day?

Wait until you're 60 before trying to get Blue Scrips. I mean yeah, it's possible to do it at 57, buuuut unless you have numerous crafting classes leveled to 50 and you know exactly what you're doing it's going to be an uphill battle.

At 60, your chances are a bit better. Though I might note, if you don't have other crafting classes at 50 it'll still be hard. (SE really needs to adjust that.)

Thanks for the super quick responses :), I think I will most likely just grind it out to 60, then maby start working on other classes.

I just checked that fflogs site. Pretty fun to mess around with it, though I guess they just did an update and some of the stuff isn't working. Boy do I suck at dps in raid, but um...wow...that healing. #WHM4LYFE

#1 Spam Heals on A2S on Ultros, #19 in the world! SPAM MEDICA FOR THE WIN KIDS.

Edit: Oh, you have to actually upload logs for it to show up? Oh pfft, no wonder I couldn't find some stuff.

Valor

oh god, I just realized the glamour hunting for the alt D:
I already got my Balmung and Heavy High Allagan Coat for the Soapster. I'm good to go.
gross gross gross no no no. Bard has so many nice-looking options from ARR without vestigial harps.
But the Nexus is so blinding you can barely see the harps. That's why it's good. I'm trying to think of other nice looking options that aren't boring dungeon bows and I got nothing but Ruru Spine. And Raid bows I guess.

Ayumi

I'm probably very slowpoke on this, but I didn't see anyone mention it yet.

Yesterday I heard Star Wars playing in Nald..!

Tabris

I just checked that fflogs site. Pretty fun to mess around with it, though I guess they just did an update and some of the stuff isn't working. Boy do I suck at dps in raid, but um...wow...that healing. #WHM4LYFE

That's what I was saying we need to balance the healing a bit between you and Valefor. :)

Your healing does allow Valefor to be in the 85th percentile on DPS in A1S when he has much weaker gear.

Here's our ranking as a group on A1S:

http://www.fflogs.com/reports/KyBx4YqTHQFanb2d#fight=5&view=rankings

If you click on healing tab, you're 97th percentile and Valefor is 8th percentile lol

The only thing I wish FFLogs had was a comparison against similar wipe times instead of only clears, as I've had to compare graph charts against clear groups to see where we're at and need to fix.

Omni

How does that FF Logs site work exactly? I searched my name the other day when I saw it linked and nothing came up. Today however, something does? Well, for my Bard at least which I never use. My DPS was apparently really bad in my first normal raid attempt o.0

http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/character/126461/6/#boss=0

No information about healing or stuff which is what I usually do since it's my highest geared job. //shrug.

Ken

How does that FF Logs site work exactly? I searched my name the other day when I saw it linked and nothing came up. Today however, something does? Well, for my Bard at least which I never use. My DPS was apparently really bad in my first normal raid attempt o.0

http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/character/126461/6/#boss=0

No information about healing or stuff which is what I usually do since it's my highest geared job. //shrug.

Someone in your raid has to set up/upload the parse themselves.

Tabris

I don't know if it's a plugin for ACT or what, but you need to have someone uploading logs.

Our SMN has the ability to upload in real time. I don't know if that's standard or not.

Omni

Hmm, I see. I play on console so I can't check this stuff myself. This was the first time I've seen my dps as a Bard represented as a number. Out of curiosity, what would I be 'aiming' for with i170/180 gear?

Shame there's nothing there for my White Mage. That's much higher geared and I think I'm better at it.

Tabris

Hmm, I see. I play on console so I can't check this stuff myself. This was the first time I've seen my dps as a Bard represented as a number. Out of curiosity, what would I be 'aiming' for with i170/180 gear?

Shame there's nothing there for my White Mage. That's much higher geared and I think I'm better at it.

Don't worry about it honestly, this is for savage players.

If you want to get better, what you can do is click players ranked higher then you on that content and look at the Events tab to see what the player is doing so you can fix your rotation accordingly.

nickcv

something really fishy happened to me yesterday.

My FC shrunk quite a lot recently due to the content draught and we are now back recruiting, looking for some nice people (btw we are Phoenix if you are interested).

Yesterday we get a new member into the FC. The guy is not a green leaf but his highest combat class is lvl 30 while his highest crafter is lvl 20ish.

A few hours after joining us he asked if he could buy the house for us (he barely knows how the game works btw, before offering to buy the house he asked if the game had any form of housing at all and he was obviously oblivious about several core game mechanics).

I told him that people can pitch some money in if they want to, but he kept asking me how much the house was.

I told him that we already had more then 8m aside but that we were waiting to get more to be able to buy a mid sized house.

He kept asking how much money that was. I finally tell him it costs around 20M.
The guy offers to give us all the money since he has it already but in exchange he wants to become an officer.

We obviously decline the offer right away because the FC is not for sale, the house is supposed to belong to the FC and not to 1 guy and that the whole thing is screaming gil buyer.

Now my main concern is that he is a gil buyer, because I cannot honestly see how he managed to get all that money otherwise. We didn't get any money from him but I'm still not sure if I should report him or not or if I should just kick him out of the FC to avoid problems.

------------------

On a positive note we managed to buy a small sized house at the end of the day and now we are waiting to get enough money to be able to buy the land as soon as we destroy the existing house.

I'm not a crafter, I'm just a tank but our FC is not good enough to sell raid/ex content clears and I was wondering if I could start selling dungeon runs. I thought that people may be willing to spend some money to be able to skip queues and farm exp faster.

Do you think it makes sense? What do you think would be a fair price? What if I provide the healer as well?

Ken

I'd just go level a gatherer and sell junk. There's no way the gil to time will be worth it especially if it's for exp dungeons.

I don't know if I'd report the FC dude. Just let the Square team deal with it unless you have overwhelming proof.

Ayumi

Just a few questions, I hope it's okay.

Lvl 23 GLA.

- Should I start crafting and stuff now, or can it wait until I'm 60? What would be the easiest?
(I don't mind crafting while leveling. I'm playing very casually/taking it slow right now.)

- If so, opinions on best crafting for a Paladin? (That's the route I wanna go.)

- Are there other things besides crafting that I should look into while leveling?
(Stuff that will be useful while leveling/after reaching the level cap.)

Am I missing something important/useful/fun?
Found this list, but I don't really know what's useful or not aside from some basics like Chocobo, guild seals/leves/daily roulette.

I've been meaning to find a FC to join on my server, but I'm too shy and have no idea what to say to strangers/how to make friends. ; ___ ;

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Just a few questions, I hope it's okay.

Lvl 23 GLA.

- Should I start crafting and stuff now, or can it wait until I'm 60? What would be the easiest?
(I don't mind crafting while leveling. I'm playing very casually/taking it slow right now.)

- If so, opinions on best crafting for a Paladin? (That's the route I wanna go.)

- Are there other things besides crafting that I should look into while leveling?
(Stuff that will be useful while leveling/after reaching the level cap.)

Am I missing something important/useful/fun?
Found this list, but I don't really know what's useful or not aside from some basics like Chocobo, guild seals/leves/daily roulette.

I've been meaning to find a FC to join on my server, but I'm too shy and have no idea what to say to strangers/how to make friends. ; ___ ;

Thanks in advance!

Do you want to craft? The whole "support battle job X with crafting job Y" isn't important or necessary since the gear you get from dungeons will suffice, so don't feel like you have to craft if you don't want to.

If you do want to, then someone else can chime in.

Stuff to look into whole leveling...I don't recall much. It's usually a beeline to level cap for me. Oh, now that I think about it you should try to keep up with your Grand Company hunting log. It's decent XP and you'll need to do it eventually anyways if you want to be promoted in your GC which unlocks extra vendor junk.

In your linked list, obviously take care of dungeons and trials as they appear since that will go towards your roulettes. At level 50, don't worry about relic weapons, 2.x Extreme primals, Beast tribes, or the raids. Pre-50, I guess you can ignore the materia melding skills, treasure hunting, and desynth, though I think most are fast unlocks so it's not a big deal to put them off till later.

Don't really know JP FC etiquette. You can check Company Profiles by selecting a player and those will have descriptions of the company as well as how big it is member-wise. If you spot a lot of people with the same FC tags, you can check to see if they're a decent sized and casual social FC and submit an application. FCs with houses are also nice since it gives you a home base to return to as well as Chocobo stables and gardens.

Ayumi

Do you want to craft? The whole "support battle job X with crafting job Y" isn't important or necessary since the gear you get from dungeons will suffice, so don't feel like you have to craft if you don't want to.
If I don't need it, then I don't really care to do it. It was useful in D3, at least when having a secondary character so I could just gear up instantly.

Stuff to look into whole leveling...I don't recall much. It's usually a beeline to level cap for me. Oh, now that I think about it you should try to keep up with your Grand Company hunting log. It's decent XP and you'll need to do it eventually anyways if you want to be promoted in your GC which unlocks extra vendor junk.
Okay. That's what I've been doing for now. While I'm not in a rush, I try to stick with the MSQs only, while always eating +3% EXP food.

In your linked list, obviously take care of dungeons and trials as they appear since that will go towards your roulettes.
So should I just do the ones I need (like the ones in the MSQ) and after that, I can/should use the roulette?

Don't really know JP FC etiquette. You can check Company Profiles by selecting a player and those will have descriptions of the company as well as how big it is member-wise. If you spot a lot of people with the same FC tags, you can check to see if they're a decent sized and casual social FC and submit an application. FCs with houses are also nice since it gives you a home base to return to as well as Chocobo stables and gardens.
Oh okay, this is really useful. I just wish there was a way to search for all FCs while in-game on a server, and sort by requirements. The official forums don't really have anything/much yet either. I'll go to a populated city and browse around people's profiles, I think. :3

Thank you, Ken~

nickcv

I'd just go level a gatherer and sell junk. There's no way the gil to time will be worth it especially if it's for exp dungeons.

I don't know if I'd report the FC dude. Just let the Square team deal with it unless you have overwhelming proof.

according to the lodestone the guy is no longer in the FC... maybe he got crossed because we didn't accept the bribe.

Anyway I do have BTN at level 37ish but logs are only sold for 130 each, so it's not like I'm making much.

Is there a website I can use to see which resources can be more in demand (I know it changes server to server, but some stuff is downright useless anyway)

Xux

according to the lodestone the guy is no longer in the FC... maybe he got crossed because we didn't accept the bribe.

Anyway I do have BTN at level 37ish but logs are only sold for 130 each, so it's not like I'm making much.

Is there a website I can use to see which resources can be more in demand (I know it changes server to server, but some stuff is downright useless anyway)
I don't know if such a website exists but you could try the food ingredient market. Look up the materials for Black Truffle Risotto and Bouillabaisse on the MB and maybe look up other second or third best Determination, Critical Hit Rate, Spell Speed, or crafting or gathering points food that is popular and has materials you can get relatively easily.

Also, crafted materials sell well, too, if you can get capenter up to turn those logs into lumber or weaver to make thread and cloth.

nickcv

I don't know if such a website exists but you could try the food ingredient market. Look up the materials for Black Truffle Risotto and Bouillabaisse on the MB and maybe look up other second or third best Determination, Critical Hit Rate, Spell Speed, or crafting or gathering points food that is popular and has materials you can get relatively easily.

Also, crafted materials sell well, too, if you can get capenter up to turn those logs into lumber or weaver to make thread and cloth.

I wouldn't mind having the crafter just producing resources for others and sell them directly.
Maybe I'll take a look at carpenter.

WolvenOne

FC probably could use another few officers. Also maybe a few loose guidelines for the upcoming sky-islands stuff. I recall the drama that occurred when hunts were the hot new thing, I could see that happening again for sky island exploration.

Just my 2 cents tho.

PS: Apparently these are going on sale soon.

JP20151027_05.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How about a minimum height requirement so none of the Lalafell can go?

Top Bottom