• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sorian

Banned
Confused how any of the female characters look 12 or 13. Discounting lalafells there though, not sure how to categorize those shits.

Tabris

This is the more extreme version of what people are doing in FF14, and if there was a slider for age and most of these people that like to dress up their cat girls would be down sliding it to this.

xmaslyn2.jpg

Guess Who

Banned
Confused how any of the female characters look 12 or 13. Discounting lalafells there though, not sure how to categorize those shits.

I always figured lalafells are less meant to be kids and more meant to be chibi people. They always reminded me of the chibi FFIII DS artwork.

TGVgHP1.png

So I just reinstalled the game, and it's kinda annoying me. Literally all my settings were reset, for some reason it went straight to mouse mode despite only using a controller, and when I logged in, all my abilities had been removed from my hotbar. Like, why would that even happen? Not a great way to come back after only a few months away.

Squishy3

So I just reinstalled the game, and it's kinda annoying me. Literally all my settings were reset, for some reason it went straight to mouse mode despite only using a controller, and when I logged in, all my abilities had been removed from my hotbar. Like, why would that even happen? Not a great way to come back after only a few months away.
All that stuff is saved locally, not sure if it gets removed if you uninstall it.

Tabris

I always figured lalafells are less meant to be kids and more meant to be chibi people. They always reminded me of the chibi FFIII DS artwork.

Lalafell are based on FF11's TaruTaru:

im08.jpg

Was meant to be like gnomes but couldn't have many facial features due to technology at the time, so they came off doll like. These were designed most likely around 1999-2000 (game was released Q1 2002 so just guessing when the character/race design would have been completed).

So definitely not based on the DS Chibi style that was so prominent in Japan over the last while. There wasn't many chibi games back then. GBA still had sprite games.

Guess Who

Banned
Lalafell are based on FF11's TaruTaru:

im08.jpg

Was meant to be like gnomes but couldn't have many facial features due to technology at the time, so they came off doll like. These were designed most likely around 1999-2000 (game was released Q1 2002 so just guessing when the character/race design would have been completed).

So definitely not based on the DS Chibi style that was so prominent in Japan over the last while. There wasn't many chibi games back then. GBA still had sprite games.

I mean, obviously they are based on taru in the same way that all the XIV races sans Au Ra are based on XI races. I'm not saying "oh yeah they based lalafells off of FFIII DS art", I'm just saying they don't look like "children" so much as "chibi-style people". Male lalas even have facial hair.

Jayhawk

Based on the fanfest dates, let's start speculating about one job announcement per fanfest and summer 2017 expansion release.

I hated this about SCoB. I would be going like hell, doing good on DPS. Then I hear "okay stop DPS" and let out a sigh you could hear from space while I did the Sit emote waiting to be able to play the game again.

This was back when you were a Monk too. I think I remember telling you once that you don't NEED Greased Lightning, quit your bellyaching. I don't remember what your response was to that. :D

Aren't you salty. I can certainly judge you by the content of the junk you post.

You played Elin race in Tera too, and was very proud of it. Loli fox girl in short skirt with a low top in one MMO, loli skimpily-dressed bunny girl in another MMO. It's not hard to connect the dots.

What you do by making waifu doll characters that you dress up in scanty clothing says a lot about you. Trying to make yourself into a victim because someone else criticizes your proclivities is pretty hilarious. Saying you don't care is even funnier considering I made that post like two days ago (?) and you came just to reply to it.

"The Lyns are cute though. :3" Mmhmm, bye felicia

I don't go through your post history and look at your posts in other threads because in my mind that's akin to stalking someone. But you seem to have no issues with doing that. For someone who pretends not to care you are really going out of your way to pick a fight with me even though I don't think I've ever really talked with you ever.

Why do you care so much about my opinions about FFXIV that you're trying to start a bunch of shit with me over posts I make in totally unrelated threads in some misguided and pointless effort to try and discredit what I have to say? What do you gain from this, other than some sanctimonious feeling of superiority over a stranger on the Internet you don't even know in real life? I really want to know what you are thinking here, because it's actually quite stupid what you're trying to do here. My opinions about FFXIV don't suddenly become invalid because of posts I make in some other random game's thread unless we're going for Donald Trump levels of discourse here.

I 100% judge you for your avatar.

Do you not expect people to do that?

I'm fine with you judging me by your avatar, since you spent years with the tag 'Flaming Jackass' and I would expect someone who had that tag to be the kind of person who judges people by their avatars. You know, people on GAF regularly are judged by their tags. Quite frankly I don't even know how you managed to lose that tag because you never actually started being nice to people on GAF as far as I can see.

Omni

Got Thordan to 1% tonight. Then we hit the enrage timer

What's annoying is that I watched fight again (recorded it on PS4) and one of our DPS died due to the fact that I made a single mistake by starting to cast Medica II before a Ancient Quaga and then cancelling it to cast a Cure III instead. Not sure why I did that but by the time the latter was finished casting, I was a split second too late (he was already weak because he messed up and died during second conviction towers). On the bright side I was able to keep everyone else alive throughout the fight thanks to some advice from people here.

Stilll... If I had just gone through with that Medica II, he'd have lived and maybe could have done 1% more damage. Or if I had thrown out a little more DPS during the beginning... aaaah

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Give me whatever Vivi is [and no, a Lalafell with yellow eyes doesn't count!] and I'll race-change. Until then, boring Hyur I will remain.

Dunesfolk with dark skin tone, yellow eyes, black face paint. BLM AF gear, yellow hat, wood staff.

There you go.

*edit*
I did not read your post. Fantasia science just kicked in.

Jayhawk

Are we gonna have to make a fanfest static to rep ultros gaf?

If only we're going to the European one with all those Bard cosplays and their accent... or we could go to Las Vegas and see Gryvan change his old PLD cosplay to a DRK outfit.

Give me whatever Vivi is [and no, a Lalafell with yellow eyes doesn't count!] and I'll race-change. Until then, boring Hyur I will remain.

What if I told you that a race change would improve your sugofest legend luck in OPTC.

chrono01

Dunesfolk with dark skin tone, yellow eyes, black face paint. BLM AF gear, yellow hat, wood staff.

There you go.

*edit*
I did not read your post. Fantasia science just kicked in.
Yeah, I've seen the Lalafell Vivi. Do not want!

What if I told you that a race change would improve your sugofest legend luck in OPTC.
...I would consider it. My luck lately in that game has been horrible. :/

Ken

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/95043fdf42ee45dd1eb4359ae4e35d4aa3ec2df0

In order to accompany Patch 3.15 HotFixes, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
Dec. 24, 2015 10:00 p.m. to Dec. 25, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PST)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
All Worlds

Omni

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/95043fdf42ee45dd1eb4359ae4e35d4aa3ec2df0

In order to accompany Patch 3.15 HotFixes, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
Dec. 24, 2015 10:00 p.m. to Dec. 25, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PST)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
All Worlds

See? Super secret Christmas patch with the Anima nerfs

:(

Eldren

Underrated Roes v_v

I feel bad for actively depleting the already tiny FemRoe population by fantasia-ing but at least it was to a female Elezen, the next most underplayed race.

I think most people are expecting Samurai and Red Mage from the next expansion, right? That could be interesting. I like the idea of Beastmaster but would that work with the ability system we have? Same with Blue Mage too I guess. Dancer as a melee-range TP-using healer sounds fun.

dramatis

Why do you care so much about my opinions about FFXIV that you're trying to start a bunch of shit with me over posts I make in totally unrelated threads in some misguided and pointless effort to try and discredit what I have to say? What do you gain from this, other than some sanctimonious feeling of superiority over a stranger on the Internet you don't even know in real life? I really want to know what you are thinking here, because it's actually quite stupid what you're trying to do here. My opinions about FFXIV don't suddenly become invalid because of posts I make in some other random game's thread unless we're going for Donald Trump levels of discourse here.
I'm not the one who cares a lot about your opinion; after all, the one who started shit in here was you with your hate posts. Did I comment on your repeated hate posts in this thread during the whole time you did it, up until now? No, I truthfully described what you liked in your MMOs to another player who is unfamiliar with you. The one who made a huge stink about "being judged for his avatar" is you. And unfortunately for you, docbon linked us to your Lyn video in chat, so it's very easy to follow and find the post evidence indicating that you are exactly what I said you are—without mentioning your avatar at all.

Critiquing your penchant for loli animal girls is certainly legit, because it's your post history and your own statements put out there. The only thing I did was display them. Don't play the Donald Trump card over your fetishes for creepy shit. Sure, I don't know you in real life. What I have to judge of you as a person are your posts. And what your posts say is that you're a guy who likes loli anime nekomimi girls that dress up in various fetish outfits that appeal to your sense of 'moral superiority'. Excuse me if I think you engage in sexist activity, and I'm so sorry that you feel so comfortable among the sea of male gamers on GAF that you can turn yourself into a victim over how you like questionable material.

I'm not the one shitposting in a game thread of a game I hate and don't even play anymore, so who is the one that is "quite stupid" here? There's plenty of criticism in this thread about FF14, but none of the players come at the game with the same venom that you do—repeatedly. You keep returning to the thread. The one who is searching for a "sanctimonious feeling of superiority over a stranger on the Internet you don't even know in real life" here is you:
And yet none of you actually have the courage to tell Squenix what you think with your wallets and unsub, at least for a month or two until they get the message that this kind of shit is not okay in a sub MMO. It's hilarious that FFXIV has worse grinds, worse UI, and worse cash shop nonsense than a lot of F2P MMOs I've played which don't even make you pay a monthly sub to play the game. FFXIV is the first sub MMO I've ever played which also charges you a monthly fee to expand your inventory, all the F2P MMOs charge you a single one-time fee for inventory expansion. And none of the F2P MMOs which implement housing force you to pay them money every 45 days to keep your house, I don't even know who Squenix thinks they are fooling here. I don't have nearly enough Stockholm Syndrome to think that the housing demolition isn't anything less than a blatant attempt to retain as many subs as possible from homeowners instead of just you know offering more housing or instancing it like every non-terrible themepark MMO ever.
That was certainly a post telling Valor (and everyone else) how dumb and cowardly they are compared to your holy self who has played many MMOs much much better than the FF14 that you played for two years. Good job on not being a sanctimonious prick.

Cmagus

13/80 of so far the grind is real but honestly I don't find this relic to be that bad overall and I certainly don't mind it over the whole materia phase of the last relic. I'm pacing myself for 2 pieces a day which isn't unreasonable and at that rate I should be able to finish it up in just a little over a month and most likely before the next major patch.I've also been getting 5 alex runs in a day so I can get an additional piece every 2 days which works out nicely.

Sorian

Banned
13/80 of so far the grind is real but honestly I don't find this relic to be that bad overall and I certainly don't mind it over the whole materia phase of the last relic. I'm pacing myself for 2 pieces a day which isn't unreasonable and at that rate I should be able to finish it up in just a little over a month and most likely before the next major patch.I've also been getting 5 alex runs in a day so I can get an additional piece every 2 days which works out nicely.

Are you doing beastmen dailies? That's a free 4 every few days as well.

I thought accusing people of the p-word was banned on here since it always leads to threads getting nuked. Regardless you guys should take this to PM... or not because some people might like the entertainment that comes from seeing people argue over dumb shit I guess.

Sorian

Banned
I thought accusing people of the p-word was banned on here since it always leads to threads getting nuked. Regardless you guys should take this to PM... or not because some people might like the entertainment that comes from seeing people argue over dumb shit I guess.

I mean, yeah, this is extremely annoying and really has no place here.

Also, what is the p-word? Got lost there.

Cmagus

Are you doing beastmen dailies? That's a free 4 every few days as well.

Sometimes, it depends if I can fit them in as right now I'm playing at weird times and I'm usually tired lol so those usually take the back burner but I really should.

I mean, yeah, this is extremely annoying and really has no place here.

Also, what is the p-word? Got lost there.

Think of a word that starts with that letter, where when uttered towards someone in a thread usually results in it getting derailed then closed, there are quite a few of these in general gaming. Think back on the exchange and you will come to find the answer.

To get things back on track, what do people think of PF parties using the new dummies to screen party applicants? I think that if you can be in the same room as someone performing one that it will most definitely be used in this way, and that there will most definitely be complaints on the forums/reddit soon enough about people getting kicked out of parties due to them in the same way that people complain about DPS meters.

iammeiam

I don't think there's any doubt that if there's an in-game metric for player performance others can see, people will find ways to be dicks about it. If the dummies are implemented in a way that's unfair to specific jobs or favors others, it has the potential to make things awkward as people probably won't bother to understand that since nuance is hard.

I'm honestly mostly curious about the dummies to see where SE thinks players should be; I don't see anything from them about them being job specific which would automatically make them considerably less useful. If they max out at "sustain 1k dps for 3 minutes" they're not really going to tell us much.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think there's any doubt that if there's an in-game metric for player performance others can see, people will find ways to be dicks about it. If the dummies are implemented in a way that's unfair to specific jobs or favors others, it has the potential to make things awkward as people probably won't bother to understand that since nuance is hard.

I'm honestly mostly curious about the dummies to see where SE thinks players should be; I don't see anything from them about them being job specific which would automatically make them considerably less useful. If they max out at "sustain 1k dps for 3 minutes" they're not really going to tell us much.

It said that there will be training for specific "roles" I took that to mean each job but yeah, with our luck that just means tank, dps, heals which means the nuance is lost on how an AST plays fundamentally different from a SCH as an example.

Edit: If it is job-specific, I hope they make it so that game auto-kills you as a BLM if your enochian drops before the ability is off re-cast timer.

Redx508

Unknown Soldier if your going to reply to drama do it in PM and stop coming in here just to shit on the game use the official forums for that

with more new players joining the game(Humble Bundle) i am sure the first thing they don't want to see is "dead game" "unsub" "fuck SE"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unknown Soldier if your going to reply to drama do it in PM and stop coming in here just to shit on the game use the official forums for that

with more new players joining the game(Humble Bundle) i am sure the first thing they don't want to see is "dead game" "unsub" "fuck SE"

Quit backseat modding Red!

But yes, you're right.

Top Bottom