• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

If there was any lingering doubt that BRD is dead and destroyed.....
fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_4.png

fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_2.png

Even the MCH job quests hint at this. One day in the future all BRDs will be forcibly changed to MCH and the option to be one removed from the game in order to reflect the technological growth of Eorzea.

Wilsongt

Is there a good Bard rotation out there?

Flaming Arrow and EA/Barrage feels so clunky to me. I have no idea where to weave them in to make them 'fit'

I am finding flaming arrow worthless because tanks move enemies out of the radius anyway. They need to make it like Shadow Flare where you can move it at will.

scy

Just referring to the lack of a cooldown. If you miss FA / tanks move everything out of it, you can't do anything about it until it's off cooldown.

Also, Flaming Arrow is one of the few times you can make a macro that actually helps a bit. Make one with 16 lines of /ac "Flaming Arrow" and it's a lot easier to hit it at the end of a cast and get the targeting for it instead of that weird hitting-the-button-nothing-happened issue.

aceface

Just referring to the lack of a cooldown. If you miss FA / tanks move everything out of it, you can't do anything about it until it's off cooldown.

Also, Flaming Arrow is one of the few times you can make a macro that actually helps a bit. Make one with 16 lines of /ac "Flaming Arrow" and it's a lot easier to hit it at the end of a cast and get the targeting for it instead of that weird hitting-the-button-nothing-happened issue.

Oh it has a 60s cooldown. Yeah that would be annoying. Especially with certain tanks I know who juke around like Thurman Thomas on their pulls.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That turtle picture has changed my mind, Yoshi-P knows exactly what's the most important thing in this here video game, thank you and god bless.

Allard

Hoping the official translation of the poem comes out soon because the unofficial one on reddit is of course too literal to really tell what it all means. It definitely seems just as important from that unofficial translation as all the previous cryptic messages.

Eldren

I wish I could use Ferdinand without the ugly Gauss Barrel hovering over the end like Yoshi is in that pic. Emperor's New Gauss Barrel in 3.2 please and thank you.

I'm saving up MPG for Fenrir, 223k and counting but the turtle is tempting. It's the closest thing to a flying magic carpet in the game. (The carpet is on the turtle)

On a different note, went into Void Ark blind last night on MNK, kind of last minute. Felt pretty bad dying to mechanics on the Octopus but other than that I now know what to do next week.

Ken

I'm saving up MPG for Fenrir, 223k and counting but the turtle is tempting. It's the closest thing to a flying magic carpet in the game. (The carpet is on the turtle)

On a different note, went into Void Ark blind last night on MNK, kind of last minute. Felt pretty bad dying to mechanics on the Octopus but other than that I now know what to do next week.

They've said Fenrir will fly in 3.2.

chrono01

I can't wait for the eventual [I don't care what SE says] Cloud Bike for the veteran reward that flies and spews exhaust that resembles clouds.

today I legitimately contemplated buying a bunch of sub days for at least the Firion glamour, if not even more for the Zidane glamour so I can get it when it's available

H E L P M E E E E E E E E E

Sorian

Banned
today I legitimately contemplated buying a bunch of sub days for at least the Firion glamour, if not even more for the Zidane glamour so I can get it when it's available

H E L P M E E E E E E E E E

I don't remember the exact rules but you max out on how much sub time you can add to your account at a time.

Ask Korra, I know he knows the answer.

I don't remember the exact rules but you max out on how much sub time you can add to your account at a time.

Ask Korra, I know he knows the answer.

well I have 630 already and the Firion gear is 840, so I think I could get it.

Honestly what stopped me is that 180 is the max sub through Mogstation and I don't want to enter in 4 time cards, too much effort.

Sorian

Banned
I wore the Firion armor for like a week if I recall then a holiday hit so I changed to matching holiday clothes.

But yeah, it can't be dyed.

Hawkie

Just starting this game today. Haven't played any mmo since ffxi. Have checked out the OP and links but can anyone offer any other pieces of advice? Thanks in advance.

Valor

My opener looks something like this.

Reddit also has a great thread about general tips to optimize one's rotation.
Internal Release seems to be used at a weird time in both of those. As long as it's still activated when Iron Jaws goes off I guess it doesn't matter though.

Also the Flaming Arrow macro I think is pretty awesome and I do recommend it. Makes me worry about it way less than before.

Top Bottom