• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sorian

Banned
A good chunk of the active players in my FC have now conquered A4S. I can't say how jealous I am of them.

Take advantage of player burnout/holiday break time and see if any groups are willing to take on a sub to learn the fight? Usually getting a clear with 7 vets and 1 newbie isn't too bad at all and can teach both sides a lot.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_0.png

lol they just reused Gilgamesh rig for this didn't they

Also, wow, way to downplay Warring Triad, that's it?

Squishy3

They pretty much implied you'll be fighting them individually each patch, IIRC. Looks like they're aiming for a February release.

suzu

Just starting this game today. Haven't played any mmo since ffxi. Have checked out the OP and links but can anyone offer any other pieces of advice? Thanks in advance.

A lot of things (such as chocobo and dungeons) are tied to the main story quests. So make sure you're always up to date on those, as well as your class/job quests.

Feel free to use this Recruitment Code: 9T8K9CCW in Mog station for some stuff if you decide to subscribe later on~

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I was kicked out of a party for the first time today. Kept killing stuff I wasn't suppose to. :(

I'm a girl btw. Please be gentle. At least that's what I'll say next time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Here I was expecting them to be more grotesque 3D versions of their FF6 designs with multiple fused parts and all

They are in Azys Lla is the thing but I guess animating is :effort:.
Or maybe they didn't want a static boss.

Ken

What if they had all three together but you had to first hit the lower half of each boss until it broke and then a Warring Triad member would briefly appear each time. After you break all three the bosses would merge into Sphinx wao.

Squishy3

Keep in mind this might not be the "full" extent of the Warring Triad, considering the trial is called Containment Bay S1T7, and probably each of the Triad are being kept inside different ones. Not to mention there's a new MSQ dungeon being added that probably leads into the trial in some form.

There's also that locked door in Azys Lla.

Teknoman

Keep in mind this might not be the "full" extent of the Warring Triad, considering the trial is called Containment Bay S1T7, and probably each of the Triad are being kept inside different ones. Not to mention there's a new MSQ dungeon being added that probably leads into the trial in some form.

United would be great. Havent had a good amalgamate FF boss in a very log time.

Valor

Made a macro for it. Thanks for the tip!

Yup, just make sure you have multiple instances of it. Makes "queuing" it a bit easier, I feel.

Also happy early 2016 to xiv gaf, especially you ultros chumps. Hopefully we all have a great year of ded gaem ahead of us.

Sifl

I'm almost done with the relic, and I was gonna try to grind the rest of it out. Unfortunately I severely underestimated how awful A4 is, so I might just finish it by doing daily roulettes.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm almost done with the relic, and I was gonna try to grind the rest of it out. Unfortunately I severely underestimated how awful A4 is, so I might just finish it by doing daily roulettes.

I have 2 seeds and 15-17 of all the other items. I was going to eventually grind A4. After doing 2 runs today I no longer want to grind A4.

Ken

A4N is probably the best of the normal turns to farm though. No trash and it's straight burn.

Also happy new year to XIVGAF. May we have a good year of playing everything from Civ5 to Overwatch and not playing FFXIV.

Makes sense. If they're part of the main story trials I don't think they would spoil what their final appearance looks like so soon.

In any case I'm looking forward to the new 3.2 content.

Squishy3

I think you'd only go crazy if you tried to poopsock it. I can see myself knocking out a fair amount of tokens each a week.

I'm going to get the bones with Poetics/Seals, the shells with Vanu tokens/treasure maps (7 maps a week, I should get one or two tokens from them) ores with Law/Kobold tokens and then seeds with Sylph tokens. I'll naturally switch what I'm buying with the currencies once I get closer to knocking each one out, so I'm making progress on the other ones. Probably not even going to bother doing the Alex runs unless it gets me to 20 for any of the tokens that week. And since you aren't capped on Seals/Poetics/Law if I'm up for it I can get multiples of those throughout the week.

I should probably get it by the time 3.2 hits. I'm not going to stress it and I'm doing it on my Paladin, which I'm not geared enough or comfortable enough with for content like Savage Alex or Singularity extreme anyway so it'll be an upgrade, min/maxing be damned.

Makes sense. If they're part of the main story trials I don't think they would spoil what their final appearance looks like so soon.

In any case I'm looking forward to the new 3.2 content.
I'm imagining they'll either be constant antagonists during the 3.x patch cycle, or whatever is making them awaken will reveal themselves. I'm expecting a cutscene where we see the Warrior of Darkness get blown up by something/someone. It'd be a nice antithesis to his 3.1 cutscene.

Sifl

Eh, Ive had really fast A4's and wouldn't care about doing them if they all went fast and smooth. For every fast a4, I've had like 5-10 slow/horrible ones.

Also happy New Years, I hope you all actually find something else to play, unlike me.
Edit: To post ^
Yea I kinda fucked up by grinding nothing but a1, spending all my law on ores and all poetics/maps for shells. I completely neglected seeds and now I'm staring at a grinding lvl 60 dungeons/a4 wall.

Omni

Happy new year, everyone!

Also I joined a random Thordan group again today. BLAH. At the very least, I found out that four people in my 'normal' group have got clears in the last few days, so if I can go with them again it might happen. Hopefully before 3.2!

Seriously though. I laugh every time I see a PF group that says "CLEAR. Know to meteors"... That's not even the crazy part!

ebil

fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_0.png

lol they just reused Gilgamesh rig for this didn't they

Also, wow, way to downplay Warring Triad, that's it?
Wow, that's unimpressive. Fight is supposed to be flashy though so maybe it'll look better in action with actual stuff happening.

Also, happy new year everyone!

Squishy3

Happy new year, everyone!

Also I joined a random Thordan group again today. BLAH. At the very least, I found out that four people in my 'normal' group have got clears in the last few days, so if I can go with them again it might happen. Hopefully before 3.2!

Seriously though. I laugh every time I see a PF group that says "CLEAR. Know to meteors"... That's not even the crazy part!
Yeah everything up to then is a cakewalk, meteors included. I'd say stuff after meteors is a cakewalk until you get to the second set of conviction towers then knockback + dragoon jumps + dragon's wrath or whatever the aoe is that you have to stack for.

I guess the only thing that'd be tough before that is the Spear but that's just making sure the healers top everybody up as soon as enfeeble or whatever the debuff is wears off in preparation for the Quaga.

aceface

Happy New Years beautiful FFXIV friends.

May 2016 bring you plenty of luminous crystals and unidentified items and Alexander savage clears.

KuroNeeko

Happy New Year, FFGAF!

Still trying to settle on a server. JP is closer, but probably zero RP.

Are there opportunities for RP play on most US servers? I'm not talking heavy RPing, just in-character talk / chat.

If so, I'll probably move over to Ultros. I don't really notice a difference in connection speed.

Picked this up in the humble bundie, figured i'd give it a shot for a bit. Wow, it's a bit daunting at first to me, so much to do, no immediate idea of what I should be concentrating on.

Figured i'd do the intown quests, then see about this whole crafting thingy.

Ken

Happy New Year, FFGAF!

Are there opportunities for RP play on most US servers? I'm not talking heavy RPing, just in-character talk / chat.

If so, I'll probably move over to Ultros. I don't really notice a difference in connection speed.

I don't think Ultros has a big RP community beyond Linkshells, and even that's probably rare.

Picked this up in the humble bundie, figured i'd give it a shot for a bit. Wow, it's a bit daunting at first to me, so much to do, no immediate idea of what I should be concentrating on.

Figured i'd do the intown quests, then see about this whole crafting thingy.

Following the main story quest is always a good road to follow when you're lost. It's the quests with a meteor for the quest marker.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Happy New Year, FFGAF!

For any level of RP you're going to want to check out Balmung. Unfortunately, you're going to have to transfer in. The place is packed, so the chances of getting a new character in there without transferring is pretty slim.

Next expansion is supposed to be ocean based so yeah. I guess we'll hear about it at fan fest.

I like the sound of this already.

I'm imagining they'll either be constant antagonists during the 3.x patch cycle, or whatever is making them awaken will reveal themselves. I'm expecting a cutscene where we see the Warrior of Darkness get blown up by something/someone. It'd be a nice antithesis to his 3.1 cutscene.

Followed by the WoL stepping in to win the fight. I don't know where they're going to go with the WoD but it's an interesting element to add in theory so I'm hoping it leads to some cool moments. Give me more stuff like the
Thancred vs WoD
fight scene. I liked that one a lot.

Wilsongt

So last night I got Bismark in my trials roulette. I was drunk and on the phone and not paying attention. first run was a wipe. Second run... I repelling shot off of the island... We finally beat it on the third try with echo. I was performing better than most of the other people while drunk. I was watching Bismark, working the machine, and DPSing. Meh.

Top Bottom