• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Likely old news, but I just learned you can mix General Emotes with Expressions for interesting if somewhat disturbing/dramatic results which you can also then watch playout in /gpose. For example, /sulk + /taunt or /happy + /worry, /salute + fear. Some of these really blend well together.

Vanethyr

Likely old news, but I just learned you can mix General Emotes with Expressions for interesting if somewhat disturbing/dramatic results which you can also then watch playout in /gpose. For example, /sulk + /taunt or /happy + /worry, /salute + fear. Some of these really blend well together.

Rtd0qf0.gif

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
At the GAF house I see chocobos with some pretty cool armor. One is bright multicolored. Does anyone know which armor that is?

IvorB

Yeah, it's a mostly "setting the scene" patch for future 3.x stuff but it has teases for the inevitable fight that we are heading towards from the cliff hanger ending in 3.0 and warrior of darkness stuff (no, I'm not putting spoiler tags over something that was in the patch preview video :p)

Hmmm... doesn't sound too appealing if it just going to be a bunch of talking with no action.

Question: Was anyone bothered or cared that the 3.1 dungeons weren't tied to the MSQ?

Do they have to be? Should they be?

I was pretty happy about it.

aceface

Hmmm... doesn't sound too appealing if it just going to be a bunch of talking with no action.

Actually there's a good action scene. I like where they are going with the MSQ.

But I don't get this question, why not do it? You're going to have to progress through the story quests to do a dungeon or primal eventually. The ones from the last patch took like 30 minutes.

iammeiam

Going with Machinist. The warrior weapon is ugly. The machinist one has an almost steampunk look.

I'd feel bad if I didn't point out the WAR relic is the best WAR weapon in the game and the MCH relic is very much not since ranged's WD issues make it worse than even the Thordan gun. Stats will probably at some point in the next year or so be fixable, but for now they're pretty bad.

But the real warning is: Make sure you're happy with how Gauss Barrel looks on it if you're in it primarily for the looks. It's centered weirdly due to the triple barrel and looks out of place.

IvorB

Actually there's a good action scene. I like where they are going with the MSQ.

But I don't get this question, why not do it? You're going to have to progress through the story quests to do a dungeon or primal eventually. The ones from the last patch took like 30 minutes.

Yeah I would have to do it eventually but the question was whether it's something to do now or something to put off until I actually have to do it to unlock stuff. The idea of just doing a bunch of talking quests that don't actually build up to anything doesn't sound very appealing.

It will be mostly talking, yes. There is a new character and return of an old character as well, if those are selling points at all.

Hmmm... that's actually not a selling point at all if they plan to bring back all
the scions
. Now if you told me I would see a familiar character put to the sword that would be good. :)

As of today Ravishan Goldhawk no longer plays on Ultros!

After months of being disappointed by Ultros party finder I decided to make the switch to Odin. It was a tough choice, I've known most of you for 2+ years at this point so I'm honestly really sad to go. However, after leaving the raiding scene due to burn-out I realised just how shite Ultros is for clearing any content when you live outside US prime-time. I've yet to get my Thordan clear for example, with most of my experience coming from piggy-backing Haman's group. I don't plan on going back to raiding so clearing Thordan-like content is going to end up being an issue for me without a static. And of course there's general population; Odin is absolutely booming with activity when I'm in from work, whereas Ultros is a ghost town until bed-time. So it's with a {heavy} heart I have to say goodbye.

Haman, Myra, Auli, Avelle and Silent: I love you guys! You're my oldest friends on Ultros and I thank you so much for all the fun times we've shared, both in and out of Worst. You guys made my first raiding experience in an MMO an absolute blast. My only regret about my time spent on Ultros was leaving Worst; the times you ran at were bad for me but you were worth it. You'll definitely still be seeing me around, I'm not quite ready to say Ok Going to you lot just yet!

The amount of Gaffers that have brought a smile to my face over the last couple of years are too many to name individually, but you know who you are. You are all amazing, beautiful, hilarious, stupid, lewd people and I'm really going to miss you. My PSN ID is the same as my GAF handle so feel free to add me if you want; I play more than just FFXIV.

All the best for the new year and beyond! And to everyone else on Ultros: GET GAF'D!

Bye, Ravi. Who am I gonna ERP with now? *wipes a tear*

These issues that Ravi is highlighting have been affecting me for a long time now. I really enjoyed Thordan the few times I went in but now waiting for the party finder to pop up where I meet all the requirements and can join it's like Thordan Ex may as well not exist. And it's not in DF so I can't even go in and practice it. Maybe I too need to join with my own kind in EU land.

Jayhawk

Honestly at level 60 doing the ARR hunts it's pretty easy to get credit on any class regardless.

If you're late to a hunt without a party and when there are a lot of people already there, better to not take your chances. :p
Shout chat says people don't get full credit a lot of the time still.

Thorgal

That's not really a bad thing. Don't feel like you have to rush through the existing content to get to the expansion - a trap many have fallen into because of community pressure or whatever.

oh no worries about that , i am taking my time .

Currently standing in front of Sastasha dung. waiting .

iammeiam

Macro is dead. I am too busy defending my borders as I peacefully spread my religion called Fracture. Naji continues to bully Sosul, followed by Xtech trying to retaliate on Sosul's behalf.

You realize if you were still a Lalafell this would just sound like a normal mafia day. Civ V just exposing you all to the true cutthroat political genius inherent in potato nature.

Oh wait. You can't emotespam in Civ, can you?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If you're late to a hunt without a party and when there are a lot of people already there, better to not take your chances. :p

Too many people abusing that Guildworks plugin!

scy

You realize if you were still a Lalafell this would just sound like a normal mafia day. Civ V just exposing you all to the true cutthroat political genius inherent in potato nature.

Oh wait. You can't emotespam in Civ, can you?

i believe those are the nukes

Thorgal

would anyone happen to know a big FC group that is taking on new ( and still noobish at that ) members on Cerberus ?

I don't mind if they are hardcore as long as they are willing to help out a new guy once in a while .

xxczx

would anyone happen to know a big FC group that is taking on new ( and still noobish at that ) members on Cerberus ?

I don't mind if they are hardcore as long as they are willing to help out a new guy once in a while .
If you're wanting big FCs, Kings would do.

aceface

I can get full credit solo on SMN for ARR A ranks even when a big crowd is there. I mean if you are late rip obviously since they die in 10 seconds.

iammeiam

I can get full credit solo on SMN for ARR A ranks even when a big crowd is there. I mean if you are late rip obviously since they die in 10 seconds.

Do you bring Titan? I think the original point was that ranged classes aren't the best way to max your hate in the short period of time you have (this is extra relevant given that back when I'd do hunts I had more than one situation of pop all buffs -> MAX DPS -> mob is reset -> I now have nothing and hit like a wet noodle)

Hunt meta is the same it's always been; safest to be a tank, a healer, or a summoner with a tank pet.

Sorian

Banned
Do you bring Titan? I think the original point was that ranged classes aren't the best way to max your hate in the short period of time you have (this is extra relevant given that back when I'd do hunts I had more than one situation of pop all buffs -> MAX DPS -> mob is reset -> I now have nothing and hit like a wet noodle)

Hunt meta is the same it's always been; safest to be a tank, a healer, or a summoner with a tank pet.

I get full credit solo on ARR A rank hunts consistently (when I was doing my relic obvi, don't care now). And I'm on BLM of course.

Grisby

Just finished the latest patch MSQ. Enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit short.

So I'm messing around now with some endgame stuff. Can you really only receive one piece of raid gear a week from the Void Ark? I'm gonna try to get the WHM hat and chest piece because those look ballin'.

iammeiam

I get full credit solo on ARR A rank hunts consistently (when I was doing my relic obvi, don't care now). And I'm on BLM of course.

Right, but Jeels has a geared 60 WAR. Not using it on hunts would put him more at risk of not getting full credit, is all. Not that it's impossible on other classes, but all else being equal doing hunts on MCH is inferior if you can just go on WAR.

gryvan

Macro is dead. I am too busy defending my borders as I peacefully spread my religion called Fracture. Naji continues to bully Sosul, followed by Xtech trying to retaliate on Sosul's behalf.

jayhawk please i still out religion you in the upper quarter of the french crueller. Poopism shall rule all!!!!

Squishy3

Just finished the latest patch MSQ. Enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit short.

So I'm messing around now with some endgame stuff. Can you really only receive one piece of raid gear a week from the Void Ark? I'm gonna try to get the WHM hat and chest piece because those look ballin'.
It's how that stuff always is when it comes out. The loot restriction will probably be removed when the next wing is available, probably.

At the same time it increases odds people will get drops for alt-jobs or glamour because you don't have to worry about people rolling on everything.

Eh whatever class you use for hunts doesn't really matter unless you're soloing, a hunt party that stays together when trains are going is way better

Eldren

Kings is big but it can be a bit quiet at times. The other big FC that I see a lot of is Artemis Moonlight, there's an ex-GAFfer in that one. I see sprouts in Choco Bros, Crystal Chronicles, Children of Light, and Heroes of Eorzea too if you're looking to do stuff with other new players. They've all got 100+ characters which seems to be above average compared to most.

The FC situation on Cerberus in general feels odd coming from Ultros. There are so many level 60 characters with full 210 gear plus an Anima who aren't in an FC, I don't think I ever saw that on Ultros. I suppose you don't really need an FC. I didn't mind being on my own for a while but I like seeing people talking even if I don't join in much (plus the FC buffs are nice too.)

Grisby

It's how that stuff always is when it comes out. The loot restriction will probably be removed when the next wing is available, probably.

At the same time it increases odds people will get drops for alt-jobs or glamour because you don't have to worry about people rolling on everything.

Eh whatever class you use for hunts doesn't really matter unless you're soloing, a hunt party that stays together when trains are going is way better
Oh, so it was like this with the other raids? I didn't play those at launch as I was just getting into ff14 last March or so.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so it was like this with the other raids? I didn't play those at launch as I was just getting into ff14 last March or so.

Yeah, it's always the same when they're 'new'- mmos either gate drops by a maximum per week or have insanely low drop rates unfortunately.

Thorgal

Kings is big but it can be a bit quiet at times. The other big FC that I see a lot of is Artemis Moonlight, there's an ex-GAFfer in that one. I see sprouts in Choco Bros, Crystal Chronicles, Children of Light, and Heroes of Eorzea too if you're looking to do stuff with other new players. They've all got 100+ characters which seems to be above average compared to most.

The FC situation on Cerberus in general feels odd coming from Ultros. There are so many level 60 characters with full 210 gear plus an Anima who aren't in an FC, I don't think I ever saw that on Ultros. I suppose you don't really need an FC. I didn't mind being on my own for a while but I like seeing people talking even if I don't join in much (plus the FC buffs are nice too.)

decided to join Artemis .
Very friendly group .
i had barely said i was at sastasha dungeon or both a tank and healer offered to do the raid with me .

firstr raid went well did not die once .

chrono01

As of today Ravishan Goldhawk no longer plays on Ultros!

After months of being disappointed by Ultros party finder I decided to make the switch to Odin. It was a tough choice, I've known most of you for 2+ years at this point so I'm honestly really sad to go. However, after leaving the raiding scene due to burn-out I realised just how shite Ultros is for clearing any content when you live outside US prime-time. I've yet to get my Thordan clear for example, with most of my experience coming from piggy-backing Haman's group. I don't plan on going back to raiding so clearing Thordan-like content is going to end up being an issue for me without a static. And of course there's general population; Odin is absolutely booming with activity when I'm in from work, whereas Ultros is a ghost town until bed-time. So it's with a {heavy} heart I have to say goodbye.

Haman, Myra, Auli, Avelle and Silent: I love you guys! You're my oldest friends on Ultros and I thank you so much for all the fun times we've shared, both in and out of Worst. You guys made my first raiding experience in an MMO an absolute blast. My only regret about my time spent on Ultros was leaving Worst; the times you ran at were bad for me but you were worth it. You'll definitely still be seeing me around, I'm not quite ready to say Ok Going to you lot just yet!

The amount of Gaffers that have brought a smile to my face over the last couple of years are too many to name individually, but you know who you are. You are all amazing, beautiful, hilarious, stupid, lewd people and I'm really going to miss you. My PSN ID is the same as my GAF handle so feel free to add me if you want; I play more than just FFXIV.

All the best for the new year and beyond! And to everyone else on Ultros: GET GAF'D!
Sorry, I just now saw this post. :/

It's sad to see you leave, but your reasons are completely understandable. Best of luck to you out there!

aceface

I can only assume base Gordias gear is as ugly as it is to incentivize the dyeable versions. The dyed versions are actually okayish (all due becomes metallic + armor spikes!!!) but man is the base ('primer') color awful. And let's pretend the hoods just don't exist.

PS they made a Verminion trailer. Surely this will make it not a giant Oops.

They also made like 10 Minion spotlight videos. What is their obsession with Verminion?? NO ONE PLAYS IT. I'm blaming Verminion for singlehandedly causing ded game.

Top Bottom