• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sifl

If u had 1 button does a combo, how do you fit oGCD skills in between them?
Edit: To clarify, if 1 button did Impulse->Disembowl->Chaos, how would you get oGCDs in between each of those moves?

Xux

Edit: To clarify, if 1 button did Impulse->Disembowl->Chaos, how would you get oGCDs in between each of those moves?
You'd hit the oGCD moves inbetween presses of the combo button.

Kemal86

How did you guys do the 2,000 Light farm before they buffed the light values. I'm dying of boredom right now and I'm only about 25% done.

iammeiam

The idea is that the button itself would change. Push Impulse, it changes to Disembowel. Push Disembowel, it changes to Chaos Thrust. Push CT, it changes back to Impulse. You'd still be pressing it 3 times, just not 3 different buttons.

Sifl

The idea is that the button itself would change. Push Impulse, it changes to Disembowel. Push Disembowel, it changes to Chaos Thrust. Push CT, it changes back to Impulse. You'd still be pressing it 3 times, just not 3 different buttons.
Oh, explained this way that does sound better. As someone said earlier though, this wouldn't really work for a class like Mnk. Only way I think it would work would be if Dragon Kick ->Twin Snakes and BootShine->True Strike both became 1 button, and Snap, Demo stayed their own.
Double Edit: Actually, the idea that I edited in was stupid as fuck.

Omni

I need help. My raise macro keeps messing up. What is wrong with this
aside from the Cher lyrics
?

Code:
/macroicon "Raise"
/p Do you believeeee in life after love, <t>? Raising! <se.9>
/ac Swiftcast <me> 
/wait 1
/ac Raise <t>

It cancels out after the Swiftcast activation. I think it's the timer because when I set it to wait 2, it goes through normally. I mean waiting 2 seconds isn't a huge issue... but it's just not ideal considering I usually want it over with as quick as possible so I can get back to healing. I thought I fixed it but it's acting up again.

Sure I could use two buttons but eh. I know this works for people.

?

Code:
/macroicon "Raise"
/ac Swiftcast <me> 
/wait 1
/ac Raise <t>

It cancels out after the Swiftcast activation. I think it's the timer because when I set it to wait 2, it goes through normally. I mean waiting 2 seconds isn't a huge issue... but it's just not ideal considering I usually want it over with as quick as possible so I can get back to healing. I thought I fixed it but it's acting up again.

I have an issue with you using a Cher lyric in this macro

WolvenOne

I've had this idea before myself, and it would be flipping amazing! XD

Granted, it'd also raise the dps floor of many players dramatically by reducing the capacity for mistakes, but I'm not sure that'd actually be a bad thing. XD

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I mentioned they should do something like this awhile back, the only issue it doesn't work for every class, like the tanks, Monk and Ninja, since they have variable combos.

But yeah, like in no way as a Dragoon am I going to use Disembowel, Chaos Thrust, Vorpal Thrust or Full Thrust before their combo starter moves anyway, so why have them on different buttons?

Level sync?

is the monk no weapon glamour confirmed for 3.1?

Yep.

lol that hallowed ground scenario happened to me in Aery the other night.

I'd read the hell outta that.

A parody comic where it fails due to that activation time would be pretty funny imo.

But still, I find comics like that to be pretty cool, taking a general situation and turning it into a comic with dramatic angles and dialogue, etc.

dramatis

Code:
/macroicon "Raise"
/ac Swiftcast <me> 
/wait 1
/ac Raise <t>
Don't use "wait 2". Try putting quotes on the action names.

"Swiftcast"
"Raise"
Etc.

If it still doesn't work strip out the wait and treat the single button as multifunction. Press once for Swiftcast, press second time for Raise.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Can someone told me with DATA CENTER is located in montreal? Thank you

aceface

?

Code:
/macroicon "Raise"
/ac Swiftcast <me> 
/wait 1
/ac Raise <t>

You could put another /ac Raise <t> after the first one if you want to keep the wait 1.

ThinFinn

Alright, thanks for the feedback, guys!

Definitely gonna work on/try out the things y'all pointed out, get more optimization done tonight and hopefully a clear soon.

I wish the stupid 3.1 patch wasn't coming out on the same day as Fallout 4. Damnit, S-E. Couldn't you do this faster?! I could have time to do the story and whatever weekly junk and be ready to blow things up with mini nukes.

Isaccard

I wish the stupid 3.1 patch wasn't coming out on the same day as Fallout 4. Damnit, S-E. Couldn't you do this faster?! I could have time to do the story and whatever weekly junk and be ready to blow things up with mini nukes.

Yoshida is smiting you for your hair choices.

13thStep

How active is the GAF guild? I'm coming back after 1.5 years away so my level 30 BLM doesn't matter to me. I will start a new toon on the GAF server.

IvorB

The game is dead? Didn't an expansion just come out a few months ago?

There was but there hasn't been any new content for a few months and we're really spoilt so a lot of people aren't on. Also the new expansions was a bit light on endgame stuff. It's still populated but a little bit quiet I would say.

aceface

All that being said, there's still around 50 people online in the GAF guild each night during NA primetime. It's not the 100+ we get after patches but it's not bad.

13thStep

All that being said, there's still around 50 people online in the GAF guild each night during NA primetime. It's not the 100+ we get after patches but it's not bad.

That's not bad at all! I really just want to be able to chat with people and perhaps get advice while playing. I've had my fill of being in dead or quiet guilds the last few years in WoW.

aceface

That's not bad at all! I really just want to be able to chat with people and perhaps get advice while playing. I've had my fill of being in dead or quiet guilds the last few years in WoW.

Yeah there's still a fair amount of talk in the FC chat but remember this is during North American primetime from around 8pm-midnight eastern time. During European primetime I think it's pretty dead.

Squishy3

One of those things will probably be extremely broken on launch

WolvenOne

Ded Fantasy XIV: Dedward II Please Esuna my Pacification

My FC is dead but my LS are still poppin

I've noticed that a lot of LS's are more active than certain FC's that'll go unnamed.

Aaaaaanyhow, unrelated comment time. After working on A3S since late August, I've concluded that the worst thing about that fight is just how flipping long it is. It's what, 15-16 minutes long? It's no wonder it takes so much practice, going that long without a single person making a lil oppsie is a bit to ask for. XD

Starting to get to 3rd Cascade occasionally though, so, it's coming together well enough I suppose.

It took a lot of beer and podcasts.

Eh, I just ground out as much as I could per day. I can't really play with distractions like movies and podcasts going in the background anyway.

scy

Aaaaaanyhow, unrelated comment time. After working on A3S since late August, I've concluded that the worst thing about that fight is just how flipping long it is. It's what, 15-16 minutes long? It's no wonder it takes so much practice, going that long without a single person making a lil oppsie is a bit to ask for. XD

12:44s if the enrage is pushed about as far as it can go I believe. The amount of perfection needed, even for the first clear, is a bit oversold though. You can't make massive mistakes like popping Embolus or screwing up debuff passes but they're also mechanics you can plan for very well and remove a lot of the execution for it.

Dunan

Hey GAF, can anyone help with this problem I'm having? How exactly do you download Heavensward from the PSN if you already have the game installed? I entered ARR and HW codes into the PSN Store at the same time, and only ARR appeared in my download list.

HW shows up in my Transaction History, but not in my Download List.

Sony chat is giving me the runaround (first they blamed it on maintenance, then they told me to delete my installed ARR and download it again, saying that the Mog Station would let me install it through the game client, and this does not seem to be true for the PS3 version).

Restarted the PS3 ARR client, and while the icon now has the Heavensward logo on it, when it starts up and I log into my SE account and select a character, it denies me, saying that I have to have installed Heavensward to play (this makes sense, because I left my protagonist in Ishgard last time around, playing on PS4).

I don't see any way of actually acquiring Heavensward.

Totally stumped, and already four days of my subscription have been consumed. Anyone else have this problem? What did the rest of you PS3 players do?

Sorian

Banned
Hey GAF, can anyone help with this problem I'm having? How exactly do you download Heavensward from the PSN if you already have the game installed? I entered ARR and HW codes into the PSN Store at the same time, and only ARR appeared in my download list.

HW shows up in my Transaction History, but not in my Download List.

Sony chat is giving me the runaround (first they blamed it on maintenance, then they told me to delete my installed ARR and download it again, saying that the Mog Station would let me install it through the game client, and this does not seem to be true for the PS3 version).

Restarted the PS3 ARR client, and while the icon now has the Heavensward logo on it, when it starts up and I log into my SE account and select a character, it denies me, saying that I have to have installed Heavensward to play (this makes sense, because I left my protagonist in Ishgard last time around, playing on PS4).

I don't see any way of actually acquiring Heavensward.

Totally stumped, and already four days of my subscription have been consumed. Anyone else have this problem? What did the rest of you PS3 players do?

When you run the game, it should do it's internal downloading, HW is a part of that. If you want to verify, go try to make a new character and you should have the option to mane an Au Ra.

Top Bottom