• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

IvorB

Contacted the SE help desk and all of their potential solutions were duds: re-download ARR from the PSN; reboot PS3 in safe mode and Rebuild Database, then reboot again in safe mode and Restore File System.

I logged on with my secondary character whom I almost never use but who was in an ARR location and messaged the GM, asking to have my main character teleported to a non-Heavensward location so that I can at least get something out of this game. None of the categories really fit, so I chose "Harassment" and reported the Playstation Network itself, not another player, as the harasser because it refuses to see that I own this game.

They say they can't add, or pause or freeze, subscription time, nor can they refund it.

PSN redeemed codes cannot be refunded either. (Ah, the glorious digital future!)

BTW, wonderful quote from Jordan at the SE help desk:

Maybe I'll just develop that secondary character on the Japanese server, who only has one class at level 17. Another partial solution might be to find an internet cafe that has this game, log in once, move out of Ishgard, and then go home and play pre-3.0 stuff. Can you log into this game on a public PC if you don't have a PC game license of your own?

This sounds like a real nightmare. :-( Hope you get it sorted.

Mattiator

Anyone have any tips on how to obtain fieldcraft demimateria iii, I have a lvl 60 miner and goldsmith. I appreciate any insight :).

Dunan

If I end up with the partial solution of only having ARR, I will very gladly run progression dungeons and other ≤2.55 content with anyone who needs help!

How do you put those 3 bars on the right that show the cooldown? I already use a second bar and use the R2 + L2 and vic versa method to pull up the second bar but I would like to see that visual cue for when some skills are ready without having to switch back and forth.

First, go to System -> Character Configuration -> Hotbar Settings.
'Display' Tab
- Enable 'Hide unassigned slots'
- Disable 'Display hotbar numbers'

'Sharing' Tab
- Disable sharing for all hotbars; settings for cross hotbars can be left alone
(This is to prevent your cooldown hotbars for one class showing up on others.)

Next, go to System -> HUD Layout
Hotbars 1-6 are horizontal, and 7-10 are vertical. Set your desired type to display and choose a size/position for it.

Finally, go to Character -> Actions & Traits. Open the window and then press L1 and R3 at the same time. This enables the virtual mouse, which gives instructions at the top of the screen. Use this to drag and drop skills on to the bar you set up. (The hidden slots will appear while you're dragging.)

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought I would have to find another space, when in actuality I could just replace my current raise macro. I keep swiftcast separate too :)

On the topic of hotbars, is there anything important I'm missing here?

kDnsQs.png

The second one is a bit messy (I don't think I've ever used Blizzard II) so I plan to sort that out sooner or later.

Here is my setup. It's a mess and not 100% optimal, but works for me. The repeats are there to make it more convenient:

http://imgur.com/a/vIYM7

The only macros I use is one that alerts that I desperately need MP and Shroud is on cooldown and another one to inform that Swiftcast is on cooldown. I rarely use them.

Eye for an Eye not necessary or game changer, but it is really good and one of the most misused/underused skills in the game.

Irrelevant, the starting target for Stoneskin 2 is always you.

I said that in case he runs into a situation where he wants to Stoneskin II but doesn't press it fast enough and raises a dead target instead because he happened to be targeting one at the time. Pretty unlikely but I thought it would be good to know.

Dunan

Update: 2 to 3 business days for them to review my case and possibly refresh my licenses.

That will mean 8 or 9 of my 30 days wasted -- the eight where I had a lot of free time to play. On Monday I will be busy with work again!

(...I still do want to play, though.)

Alric

First, go to System -> Character Configuration -> Hotbar Settings.
'Display' Tab
- Enable 'Hide unassigned slots'
- Disable 'Display hotbar numbers'

'Sharing' Tab
- Disable sharing for all hotbars; settings for cross hotbars can be left alone
(This is to prevent your cooldown hotbars for one class showing up on others.)

Next, go to System -> HUD Layout
Hotbars 1-6 are horizontal, and 7-10 are vertical. Set your desired type to display and choose a size/position for it.

Finally, go to Character -> Actions & Traits. Open the window and then press L1 and R3 at the same time. This enables the virtual mouse, which gives instructions at the top of the screen. Use this to drag and drop skills on to the bar you set up. (The hidden slots will appear while you're dragging.)

Thanks, figuring out some of this stuff on your own makes no sense otherwise.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I said that in case he runs into a situation where he wants to Stoneskin II but doesn't press it fast enough and raises a dead target instead because he happened to be targeting one at the time. Pretty unlikely but I thought it would be good to know.
Ah, I get you know.
Not exactly a huge accomplishment lol.
About 1/2 to 1/3 of what it normally takes in DF, I'd say it went well.

Wilsongt

How do you make a 12 minute video about something that was talked about for 15 seconds in the live letter? IE Materia changes.

WolvenOne

How do you make a 12 minute video about something that was talked about for 15 seconds in the live letter? IE Materia changes.

You're talking about the Duty Commenced? Haven't watched it yet, but it's possible they may have a slightly better idea what the changes will be, so they might have elaborated somewhat.

Let's of unanswered questions really. Among other things, I want to know if future crafted gear will have more guaranteed slots or not. Crafted accessories having two guaranteed slots would mean that crafted accessories were only slightly nerfed. So I'm dying to see answers to questions like that.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Are they planning to add new prizes at the Golden Saucer when they add the new games in 3.1? Unless I decide to save up for the Cloud card or Fenrir mount, there really isn't much I want from there these days. Already got the Setzer set and pets.

Squishy3

Oh, is the afro just a helmet? That's pretty dope if so lol

You're talking about the Duty Commenced? Haven't watched it yet, but it's possible they may have a slightly better idea what the changes will be, so they might have elaborated somewhat.

Let's of unanswered questions really. Among other things, I want to know if future crafted gear will have more guaranteed slots or not. Crafted accessories having two guaranteed slots would mean that crafted accessories were only slightly nerfed. So I'm dying to see answers to questions like that.
Pretty sure he's talking about Happy

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
There will be more than that I'm sure. Maybe they will make the Minfila outfit come from there as well. Also new dances?

I'm wondering if we'll get a new dance from the new beastman quests coming up. Been wanting that bird one for a while. =)

I hear that PLD is getting some ability adjustments in the next patch. I wonder if they will make any changes to Shield Swipe since I remember reading that it's not really used anymore because of Royal Authority doing so much damage that you don't really gain anything by using it.

Finally got MNK to 60. Trying to figure it out in PvP which is hard to do when once again flames aren't fielding enough melee on the weekends :/

Omni

Arcanist confuses me. Well.. not so much really. But I'm not sure if I like it. The pet stuff feels clunky.

How does Aetherflow work? Is it best to keep that buff up as much as possible or should I wait until my MP is running down (something that never seems to happen in low level dungeons so far)?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Arcanist confuses me. Well.. not so much really. But I'm not sure if I like it. The pet stuff feels clunky.

How does Aetherflow work? Is it best to keep one that buff up as much as possible or should I wait until my MP is running down (something that never seems to happen in low level dungeons so far)?

Aetherflow is a resource for several different abilities some of which you don't get until much later. It'll make sense with time.

Ken

Aetherflow stacks let you use your more powerful skills but I think when you first get aetherflow you just have Energy Drain, so it's more apparent later on.

I think on SMNs you ideally want to use up your stacks before the next Aetherflow comes up since it's DPS + Aetherial Attunement now. On SCH it's probably situational but holding Aetherflow is still pushing out possible uses so I assume you still want to use it in cooldown.

It's not really a buff but "stocks" of aetherflow. Think of it like an ammo/resource.

RPGCrazied

Man, the Dragoon Job armor is really cool looking, you can glamour this right? Like later on when I eventually replace it.

ffxiv_11012015_163849.png

Xux

Woof, getting red crafting scrips seems like it'll take forever and be really expensive. Maybe doing armorer first wasn't the best idea, lol. Oh well.

Squishy3

Woof, getting red crafting scrips seems like it'll take forever and be really expensive. Maybe doing armorer first wasn't the best idea, lol. Oh well.
The omnicrafter in my FC leveled them in bursts of 3 levels each since each class needs something only the other crafters can make, that way he never outpaced himself and could always get the stuff he needed himself instead of having to pay market prices.

Xux

The omnicrafter in my FC leveled them in bursts of 3 levels each since each class needs something only the other crafters can make, that way he never outpaced himself and could always get the stuff he needed himself instead of having to pay market prices.
That's a pretty good idea...especially Alchemist 'cause jeeze at those dissolvent and void glue prices.

Wilsongt

For red scrips, you'll need the master books first. So focus on doing the blue scrips with the least amount of items required or easy to get items. Then, once you have the books, do the once that have the least amount of items.

Usually goldsmith is the cheapest to do as the ALC items are cheap to make and you can gather the stones and all.

Wilsongt

That's a pretty good idea...especially Alchemist 'cause jeeze at those dissolvent and void glue prices.

Time to start sending your retainers out for deep eye tears and gelato flesh. Then you can gather the other items you need. Also, I can make you some glue and stuff if you want.

Jeels

I'm sorry, I prefer my Lala. Hume just doesn't cut it. Switching back to my Lala before the next patch.

WolvenOne

The cheapest way I've found to Cap crafting Red Scrips is as follows.

Level Culinarian to 60, level at least one battle retainer to 60. Use the retainer to stock up on Okeanus Tails, use the HQ tails to craft Deep Fried Okeanus. If you want to go even cheaper, use Miner to get free Abalthian Rock salt, and botanist to get Highland Wheat.

The big downside here is that you only get 9 to 10 scrips per turn in, so you need a LOT of mats. Still, it's way cheaper than buying the materials, and most of the mats are highly plentiful.

Plus, as you gear up you'll need fewer and fewer HQ mats to reach the quality requirements. So it becomes vastly easier after awhile.

Wilsongt

The cheapest way I've found to Cap crafting Red Scrips is as follows.

Level Culinarian to 60, level at least one battle retainer to 60. Use the retainer to stock up on Okeanus Tails, use the HQ tails to craft Deep Fried Okeanus. If you want to go even cheaper, use Miner to get free Abalthian Rock salt, and botanist to get Highland Wheat.

The big downside here is that you only get 9 to 10 scrips per turn in, so you need a LOT of mats. Still, it's way cheaper than buying the materials, and most of the mats are highly plentiful.

Plus, as you gear up you'll need fewer and fewer HQ mats to reach the quality requirements. So it becomes vastly easier after awhile.

You can do this, or Crysolite Earrings of _______________- You get 24 per turn in and gathering up Aurum regis sands, gold ore, cloud mica, and crysolite is pretty easy. Can knock it all out in a day within about 2 - 3 hours worth of work.

Xux

Just be aware that glamouring the AF gear onto your current gear requires a special item you have to craft called the Augmented _______________. Based on the item.
That's just to dye it. You can glamour it onto stuff like anything else.

Also, thanks for the tips, everyone.

the only good lalafell is tataru

I don't even really know good Tataru actually is. I mean she was useless and annoying in the HW story when you think about it.

Come to think of it, are there actually any good story/NPC Lalafells at all? I'm thinking hard and I can't think of any. They're either useless or villains in the story. Which fits everything we know about Lalafells.

aceface

I don't even really know good Tataru actually is. I mean she was useless and annoying in the HW story when you think about it.

Come to think of it, are there actually any good story/NPC Lalafells at all? I'm thinking hard and I can't think of any. They're either useless or villains in the story. Which fits everything we know about Lalafells.

Raubahn's kid
Krile?

Top Bottom