• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Sorian

Banned
Ah ok good to know. That's what I figured but I wasn't sure if maybe they gave a stun that wasn't on a 60 second cooldown that I could throw in to get some of the flank/back attacks in.

Thanks!

Alternatively, haymaker is something you will only use when you are soloing and is pretty much useless in dungeons and raids.

Valor

Ugh, the A4S session last night was so bad. I think I'm just getting really bad at this game now
Now!?

the only thing that was annoying in the stream was your bard's blatant DPS padding. I see that Flaming Arrow positioning. I know what he's doing.
!!! I should do that!

(Also the guy on one of your earlier nights who said you should get it down either this week or the next is silly. I'm not saying it's impossible, but that's an unreasonable standard to set for yourselves and not making that timeline doesn't reflect poorly on anyone.)
If that was a guy in the group, abandon the group now. That morale is going to crash and burn and explode into little pieces that are going to light on fire once more.

Ugh, the A4S session last night was so bad. I think I'm just getting really bad at this game now, reconsidering if should even bother with A4S at this point or just wait for GARF and just look forward to Midas in two 6 week-ish (hopefully).

you running with nana's group?

BadRNG

Positionals are only for when you are fighting an enemy that is focused on someone else. Yes, if you are the only one fighting a thing and it is targeting you, then you won't be able to get attacks on the flank or back.
Just want to throw this in, but flank attacks are often doable if you do it as you are running through the enemy. There is a delay on the enemy spin and the server will accept it as a flank move. This was really useful back on old DRG to get the HT buff while soloing, but it can still speed things up slightly while soloing now. I've never seen it work with back attacks though, maybe if you were lagging really hard and harnessed it's power for your own good for once.

WolvenOne

Is there even any left to join?

Eh, there are openings from time to time when people leave, have to take a hiatus from raiding, new groups form etc etc.

For example, I'll probably have to take a raiding hiatus sometime this year. I'm going to try to make a move, and I doubt I'll be able to raid until after I'm settled in and all that.

Thorgal

just did the second dungeon tam tara .

even though i already know what will happen , you would think people would be more concerned
when you carry around your fiance's severed head ... poor Edda

Ken

I probably need to find a new group, I said I'd do that after the new year. Hmmm....

Join Natasha's group?

Ugh, the A4S session last night was so bad. I think I'm just getting really bad at this game now, reconsidering if should even bother with A4S at this point or just wait for GARF and just look forward to Midas in two 6 week-ish (hopefully).

Get a Gilgamesh sale. Everyone is eagerly awaiting your post-A4S treatise on the intricacies of the White Magicks.

Get a Gilgamesh sale.

Don't have 60M, not spending 36 USD for the transfers to/from, and honestly I can wait for this when it's joke status or people want bonus tomes. But thanks for the words of encouragement.

Everyone is eagerly awaiting your post-A4S book on the intricacies of the White Magicks.

That went over my head, so not sure how to respond to it.

iammeiam

Somebody in Ultros PF was selling A4S recently.

Not advocating buying it and i dunno if anybody has yet, just saying we're now apparently a real grown-up server.

(A4S demoralization is a real problem though. I want to say it was less than a week before our first clear that we had a bad night of final phase #mechanics and Rin went all Debbie Downer "I don't know if we can clear at this point" whining. The important thing at that point is to tell them to stop being stupid because unless you're hitting the exact same problem every run, it's all just learning.)

Sorian

Banned

Not advocating buying it and i dunno if anybody has yet, just saying we're now apparently a real grown-up server.

(A4S demoralization is a real problem though. I want to say it was less than a week before our first clear that we had a bad night of final phase #mechanics and Rin went all Debbie Downer "I don't know if we can clear at this point" whining. The important thing at that point is to tell them to stop being stupid because unless you're hitting the exact same problem every run, it's all just learning.)

I don't miss this shit.

Jayhawk

I haven't actually logged into the game since before new year's. I know I'm like a temp in Natasha's group or something. I don't actually know current situations.

I am unable to give updates to group when people don't log on in-game, or only log-on when I log off to play Mumble GAF Civ V. I have been appointed new raid group leader for next cycle. I should probably change linkshell name to something that isn't "RIP Apolly".

Valor

The stick-to-it-itivness of A4S is pretty hard. You need everyone to give a shit about clearing the fight to make any sort of headway. That's the true challenge.

I imagine there were be a bunch of static reshuffling for 3.2 going on. Depending on how things work out I may end up on the waiver wire myself, so it should be an interesting time.

I am unable to give updates to group when people don't log on in-game, or only log-on when I log off to play Mumble GAF Civ V. I have been appointed new raid group leader for next cycle. I should probably change linkshell name to something that isn't "RIP Apolly".

I have a new idea for the Gaf Air linkshell name!

scy

Hey, for context that was more of a clear that week pre-reset and not ever! D:

I don't miss this shit.

Jokes aside, it's sort of good to have somebody to balance it out. I went a bit deep-end thinking "fuck, this just went out of reach" but then we didn't care and killed it shortly after.

Sorian

Banned

You should totally PM me if you ever need anything (or expect me to log in and start caring again this weekend, whichever comes first).

Did we ever find Apolly? I don't remember.

If it's the group I think it is, somebody from the same FC (who has also cleared A4S) as the raid leader of the group selling it called BS, arguing that nobody on Ultros can sell A4S yet (without playing your account). And there's apparently only been one successful A3S sale. That was a week or two ago, might have been more since, I don't know.

rip exelon

iammeiam

If it's the group I think it is, somebody from the same FC (who has also cleared A4S) as the raid leader of the group selling it called BS, arguing that nobody on Ultros can sell A4S yet (without playing your account). And there's apparently only been one successful A3S sale. That was a week or two ago, might have been more since, I don't know.

Oh, I assumed it was going to be a logging in and playing your account thing. I know basically nothing about the Ultros sales scene beyond what I randomly see in PF, just thought it was interesting.

Sorian

Banned
I don't have enough trust in anyone to let them log in to my character. Always thought that type of sale was weird.

k1t4j

Hello guys I am a tad lost and google ain't helping a lot.

I just reached level 50 but I still have no idea how to access Heavenward content or how to unlock Harder dungeons or the primal battles. I just got a level 50 quest to do the sunken temple of quarn (lv 35 dungeon) seems to be a MSQ from minfila.

I have the Relic Reborn quest but I'm not sure if I want to drop 240k on the item the NPC is asking.

I also have 500 tomes of poetics and don't know if I should use them for something or wait for the quest rewards, because as I understand this is all pre-expansion stuff and I am afraid HW rewards will be better than whatever I get now

help!

Ken

I just reached level 50 but I still have no idea how to access Heavenward content or how to unlock Harder dungeons or the primal battles. I just got a level 50 quest to do the sunken temple of quarn (lv 35 dungeon)

I have the Relic Reborn quest but I'm not sure if I want to drop 240k on the item the NPC is asking.

I also have 500 tomes of poetics and don't know if I should use them for something or wait for the quest rewards, because as I understand this is all pre-expansion stuff and I am afraid HW rewards will be better than whatever I get now

help!

The quest asking you to do Qarn is part of MSQ so do it and follow the quest line.

Don't bother with Relic Reborn. You can drop Poetics on Ironworks gear and Carbontwines at Mor Dhona. It's i130 and can last you until level 55 or 57. Otherwise you can buy i110 (?) whites in Heavensward and use HW dungeon greens.

Sorian

Banned

I just reached level 50 but I still have no idea how to access Heavenward content or how to unlock Harder dungeons or the primal battles. I just got a level 50 quest to do the sunken temple of quarn (lv 35 dungeon)

help!

The quest where you have to do Qarn is what you are looking for. You are in a quest chain around patch 2.1 or 2.2. You have to play the main storyline all the way through 2.55 before you can access heavensward stuff (if you've bought the patch though, you will get experience past level 50 which is good).

I wouldn't bother with the relic reborn quest or spend any of your tomes. The quests will gear you for now.

k1t4j

The quest asking you to do Qarn is part of MSQ so do it and follow the quest line.

Don't bother with Relic Reborn. You can drop Poetics on Ironworks gear and Carbontwines at Mor Dhona. It's i130 and can last you until level 55 or 57. Otherwise you can buy i110 (?) whites in Heavensward and use HW dungeon greens.

The quest where you have to do Qarn is what you are looking for. You are in a quest chain around patch 2.1 or 2.2. You have to play the main storyline all the way through 2.55 before you can access heavensward stuff (if you've bought the patch though, you will get experience past level 50 which is good).

I wouldn't bother with the relic reborn quest or spend any of your tomes. The quests will gear you for now.

Thanks guys you have both been most helpful.

Also I think I now grabbed some quests for some harder versions of the earlier dungeons in Revenant's toll, in the Inn, some NPCs I talked to seem to be sending me to the same dungeons.

I love the story in this game and quite frankly this is the first MMO, since The Secret world that I read quest text.

Sorian

Banned
Thanks guys you have both been most helpful.

Also I think I now grabbed some quests for some harder versions of the earlier dungeons in Revenant's toll, in the Inn, some NPCs I talked to seem to be sending me to the same dungeons.

I love the story in this game and quite frankly this is the first MMO, since The Secret world that I read quest text.

Yes, you will want to do those hard mode versions of earlier dungeons at some point. They will be great leveling tools and you'll have to complete them all once to unlock the various daily roulettes.

Glad to have someone else who enjoys the story. Some of these losers around here skip cutscenes.

Jayhawk

You should totally PM me if you ever need anything (or expect me to log in and start caring again this weekend, whichever comes first).

Did we ever find Apolly? I don't remember.

Ain't nobody got time for PMs! I have borders to protect against warmongering lalafells. I don't know how one can get that late into the game with 0% literacy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Don't have 60M, not spending 36 USD for the transfers to/from, and honestly I can wait for this when it's joke status or people want bonus tomes. But thanks for the words of encouragement.

That went over my head, so not sure how to respond to it.

I believe in you guys. Still what... 1 1/2+ months until 3.2? That's a decent amount of time if you go in on a regular basis.

k1t4j

Yes, you will want to do those hard mode versions of earlier dungeons at some point. They will be great leveling tools and you'll have to complete them all once to unlock the various daily roulettes.

Glad to have someone else who enjoys the story. Some of these losers around here skip cutscenes.

No I really like it, honestly this game was a big surprise for me. I just hope there aren't any more subligars as high end rewards because I refuse to use it no matter how high the stats are :p

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Fracture_Icon.png
Fracture_Icon.png
Fracture_Icon.png

Fracture_Icon.png

Fracture_Icon.png
Fracture_Icon.png
FRACTURE OPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Fracture_Icon.png

Fracture_Icon.png

They should've sent a poet.

ThinFinn

So, what is everyone up to in game while waiting on 3.2?

I've been spending more time with Fallout 4 since I can't log on for more than 5 minutes without getting bored. :(

Relic still sitting at 40+/80 since Christmas. Lol.

Ken

So, what is everyone up to in game while waiting on 3.2?

I've been spending more time with Fallout 4 since I can't log on for more than 5 minutes without getting bored. :(

Relic still sitting at 40+/80 since Christmas. Lol.

I do 1 to 3 roulettes (50/60/Expert) depending on how I feel to make tiny progress towards anima. Maybe do some A4N too and then I spend the rest of my day cycling through ventures or looking at my character's thighs while listening to FC play Civ V.

aceface

If there's a Monk or Ninja on Ultros looking for an Alex Savage group let me know. We're pretty casual, we run 2 nights a week, Thursdays and Sundays from 9:00-11:30 pm eastern time and are just starting A3S. Bonus if you have an A2S clear. PM me if interested!

Top Bottom