• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
3zDHNOf.jpg

I'm out. I'm done.

Ken

i completely forgot tempered will is even a skill paladins have

I would not mind a skill I'd press in more fights in place of Tempered Will, but it's still a cute cooldown especially for getting rid of Heavydoom in A2 or negating the Wash Away in A3.

DRK just laughs at both with Plunge though.

Squishy3

Someone clearly hasn't paladinned T13 or Leviathan lately~
I've not tanked like 80% of the end-game content in this game, but I forgot it existed when I was running Levi EX. Levi EX dreams were shattered when I ran it for 4 hours one night and not even one person got a pony

I would not mind a skill I'd press in more fights in place of Tempered Will, but it's still a cute cooldown especially for getting rid of Heavydoom in A2 or negating the Wash Away in A3.

DRK just laughs at both with Plunge though.
I just forgot it existed until I was going through all my Paladin abilities and noticed it

Omni

Wooooo. Thordan Ex cleared!

Now I can actually join farm parties and get some clears. Having good DPS makes such a difference, wow.

What do you mean I can't use Platinum Triad Cards when I'm in a fucking inn room. So much for finding out if I will get Tidus before sub ran out >.<

I'll be back for 3.2

ThinFinn

I'm out. I'm done.

Congratulations!

- the only thing that was annoying in the stream was your bard's blatant DPS padding. I see that Flaming Arrow positioning. I know what he's doing. -

I have to say, I'm guilty of this too.

*Hides

I do 1 to 3 roulettes (50/60/Expert) depending on how I feel to make tiny progress towards anima. Maybe do some A4N too and then I spend the rest of my day cycling through ventures or looking at my character's thighs while listening to FC play Civ V.

Isn't your character a lala?

Tiops

Are they going to nerf Alexander before 3.2? Or they only nerf the raids after the new raid is available? Apparently, I'm in a static now (I wasn't looking for one, but some internet friends started playing and conveniently had the need for a SMN), but I really don't want to do A4S in it's current state. As they're still doing Heavensward storyline, I'm hoping they can't get to Alexander Savage before the nerf patch D:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
the only sane choice

(also congrats)

There's both downsides and upsides to MCH compared to BRD.
Getting quarantined is absolute cancer since you have to redeploy the turret twice and certain phases mean you have literally nothing to give your tank besides a prayer.
On the other hand, it's easier to do support and you don't completely lose Foe Req due to Whirbelwind.

At this point I could do both, I was just getting tired of having to run in from Kenya every pull.

k1t4j

What is wrong with this legacy of Allag quest? The stopping the shakes FATE never shows up, thankfully i need to also wait and queue for the Moogle king.

Does this usually take this long? normally i see FATEs everywhere.

Ken

What is wrong with this legacy of Allag quest? The stopping the shakes FATE never shows up, thankfully i need to also wait and queue for the Moogle king.

Does this usually take this long? normally i see FATEs everywhere.

Apparently that one is commonly complained about. Not really much you can do but wait.

Are they going to nerf Alexander before 3.2? Or they only nerf the raids after the new raid is available? Apparently, I'm in a static now (I wasn't looking for one, but some internet friends started playing and conveniently had the need for a SMN), but I really don't want to do A4S in it's current state. As they're still doing Heavensward storyline, I'm hoping they can't get to Alexander Savage before the nerf patch D:

They've mentioned considering nerfs. A small patch before 3.2 would be the earliest and 3.2 being the latest possible opportunity, I'd think.

At this point I could do both, I was just getting tired of having to run in from Kenya every pull.

You could be a mean racing chocobo.

k1t4j

I just did the Moogle king dungeon. My god that was adorable.

I also like the incentive for groups running with 1st timers. People get super happy with the bonus and don't mind explaining the mechanics and stuff. Pretty neat :)

Ken

Huh, so the art book's name for Imdugud is actually Verge Dragon. It being a dragon would make more sense than it being a random Couerl in a facility of captured dragons.

Also The Spear card is cute.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, so the art book's name for Imdugud is actually Verge Dragon. It being a dragon would make more sense than it being a random Couerl in a facility of captured dragons.

Also The Spear card is cute.

Judging from ACT random untranslated junk Kaliya was Mechahydra and I'm irrationally mad it isn't in the english translation.

Anyway I'm like 99% sure someone did a 0-jump AS1 like a year ago, but that one didn't have a post 50 PLD finding a use for fracture so: http://www.twitch.tv/taalkheru/v/34217010

iammeiam

I think the lalafell are in the market for a monk.

There's both downsides and upsides to MCH compared to BRD.
Getting quarantined is absolute cancer since you have to redeploy the turret twice and certain phases mean you have literally nothing to give your tank besides a prayer.
On the other hand, it's easier to do support and you don't completely lose Foe Req due to Whirbelwind.

Turret placement complaints have never made sense to me; it's a lower maintance Flaming Arrow. No cast time, no resource cost, instead of hitting it when it's off CD you just hit it when you have to. Quarantine just means I have to hit the button more than once on the first couple legs.

MCH also works out way better for the run back in our fight timings. 1st and 3rd Quarantine aren't going to have anything to attack anyway shy of a GCD or two on Manip regardless of who gets it, and 2nd I just blow Rapid Fire so the run back casts me nothing. 1st/3rd Quarantines are kind of boring but it's never been a problem getting back from them, so it's never seemed all that bad.

I also run basically the entire map to pick up Discoids from leg 4 on, which colors my opinion. Sounds like a pain in the ass on bowmage.

IvorB

I'm out. I'm done.

Congrats!

So, what is everyone up to in game while waiting on 3.2?

I've been spending more time with Fallout 4 since I can't log on for more than 5 minutes without getting bored. :(

Relic still sitting at 40+/80 since Christmas. Lol.

I've been logging in intermittently to do one or two roulettes. Not really feeling any fire in my belly for this relic quest. If only my 110 hours of Dragon Age would count towards relic. I binge-played that game so hard over the holidays.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Logged on for the 1st time since July, started MSQ's from right after HW. What's the new "most hated job" now? Is it BLM?

iammeiam

Bard sucks to actually play but a lot of people still do it and they're still the default assumption for ranged so I dunno.

Logged on for the 1st time since July, started MSQ's from right after HW. What's the new "most hated job" now? Is it BLM?

PLD. I think the bottom three right now are like PLD<AST<MCH in terms of popularity. BLM is a lot harder at 60 than 50, but Fire IV is hilarious so their contribution is pretty widely respected.

odd... or AWESOME?

a.) your job sounds super boring do you bring a book
b.) if you want to be awesome punch through his protective plating on his hiding place so everyone can skip six minutes of legs. The worst part of the fight is we all waste so much time when he's RIGHT THERE

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
a.) your job sounds super boring do you bring a book
b.) if you want to be awesome punch through his protective plating on his hiding place so everyone can skip six minutes of legs. The worst part of the fight is we all waste so much time when he's RIGHT THERE

If he wanted to do mechanics he'd play the coward classes.

I mean ranged.

Ranged is what I meant.

iammeiam

If he wanted to do mechanics he'd play the coward classes.

I mean ranged.

Ranged is what I meant.

Hey man. REAL thrill-seekers throw themselves face-first into damage with no self heal options. With Blood for Blood up. Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping like sub1k HP.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man. REAL thrill-seekers throw themselves face-first into damage with no self heal options. With Blood for Blood up. Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping like sub1k HP.

I unironically almost miss the days when I had to pay attention to blood for blood in t10/13.

iammeiam

I unironically almost miss the days when I had to pay attention to blood for blood in t10/13.

Working out a CD rotation that let me Blood for Blood with weakness in A4S final phase with minimal healer heart attacks (but still some, gotta build LB somehow) was either the dorkiest thing I have ever done or weirdly satisfying. This raid tier makes it hard to tell.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So, what is everyone up to in game while waiting on 3.2?

I've been spending more time with Fallout 4 since I can't log on for more than 5 minutes without getting bored. :(

Relic still sitting at 40+/80 since Christmas. Lol.
Server hopping to chat with friends and drinking Fantasia potions weekly.

Playing Civ 5 until 5AM as well. And losing a lot.

Top Bottom