• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Ken

Judging from ACT random untranslated junk Kaliya was Mechahydra and I'm irrationally mad it isn't in the english translation.

Anyway I'm like 99% sure someone did a 0-jump AS1 like a year ago, but that one didn't have a post 50 PLD finding a use for fracture so: http://www.twitch.tv/taalkheru/v/34217010

Funny enough the little artist's note for Kaliya is "We imagined this as a 'mecha-hydra' at first, whose heads would detach and attack separately."

I wonder there was ever an iteration of T11 where the add phase was supposed to be three floating heads instead of his baby ADS shape toys.

Jayhawk

But the ultimate question is can Endless Legend run on Drama's PC? Drama is the one that ends up talking the most during our Civ V games, so we can't exclude all her sighs, name-calling, and complaints about gryvan.

aceface

Repeating for (near) the top of a new page: If there's a Monk or Ninja on Ultros looking for an Alex Savage group let me know. We're pretty casual, we run 2 nights a week, Thursdays and Sundays from 9:00-11:30 pm eastern time and are just starting A3S. Bonus if you have an A2S clear. PM me or contact Tomo Takino in game if interested!

Fair enough. :)

For real though, melee is hazardous. I went dragoon into Void Ark for the first time and I died like three times to that vomit boss to things I didn't even know existed when I went as ranged. After the third death I was so embarrassed I didn't even want to approach the boss anymore and had to actually force myself to get back in there ha ha!

Went in blind on MNK last weekend and made a total ass of myself on the octopus fight. There were times I was just a split second late getting on the platform and died ON the platform. Also as I was doing my positionals it would always turn in my direction and vomit all over me before I could get away. Final boss was a picnic compared to that.

On another subject, probably obvious but do ranged and caster classes ignore the shield phase on Ravana EX? Seeing Eye or something like that where it knocks you back and adds a slow debuff. That has been the most melee unfriendly fight I've ever had this far.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But the ultimate question is can Endless Legend run on Drama's PC? Drama is the one that ends up talking the most during our Civ V games, so we can't exclude all her sighs, name-calling, and complaints about gryvan.

I have 8 gigs of ram, a gtx 9800, quad core 2.1 and it runs fine

pc is almost 8 years old

Cmagus

I just got an email from Play-Asia they're cancelling all orders for the Tonberry lamps outside of Japan. I had a nice spot for it, it would have tied the room together :(

Ken

Went in blind on MNK last weekend and made a total ass of myself on the octopus fight. There were times I was just a split second late getting on the platform and died ON the platform. Also as I was doing my positionals it would always turn in my direction and vomit all over me before I could get away. Final boss was a picnic compared to that.

On another subject, probably obvious but do ranged and caster classes ignore the shield phase on Ravana EX? Seeing Eye or something like that where it knocks you back and adds a slow debuff. That has been the most melee unfriendly fight I've ever had this far.

Mages can ignore. Physical ranged cannot. Makes sense since if you think of it as a parry skill rather than a shield.

rubius01

I have 8 gigs of ram, a gtx 9800, quad core 2.1 and it runs fine

pc is almost 8 years old

I don't think you understand.... this is what drama is running on

ibmpcat.jpg

suzu

When is the next major patch?

That's why I wanted to suggest AoE2!
Initial release date: September 30, 1999

Jayhawk

When is the next major patch?
That's why I wanted to suggest AoE2!
Initial release date: September 30, 1999

What's wrong with AoE3? I think I have the CD-ROMs for both games in a box collecting dust in my mom's basemenet or something.

waby

Oh you guys are on Ultros? Tonberry all the way!

I love that the server have westerners oriented people playing with Japanese people. Two different community co-existing peacefully.

Valor

Oh yeah, have they given a window on 4.0? I remember them saying before 3,0 that the patch > expansion cycle would be shorter but not sure if you can believe that anymore.

I mean... if they wanted a yearly expansion it would have to be around the fall, right? Maybe late this year/early next? I don't necessarily believe in that patch/cycle shortening either but... we'll find out?

Ken

Lord of Verminion though. That's a strategy game, right.

I should probably go do the tutorial for it today since I've not even stepped into the LoV room once.

aceface

Oh yeah, have they given a window on 4.0? I remember them saying before 3,0 that the patch > expansion cycle would be shorter but not sure if you can believe that anymore.

My bet is that they will announce it and share details at the fan fests at the end of the year and maybe it actually will come out in early Spring this time!!

BadRNG

What are all these strategy games that aren't Victoria II.
This game desperately needs a sequel. I wish they were doing this instead of HoI4, though that might just be because HoI3 is the most confusing game of their library and I can never get into it.

All this reminds me I need to finish my SPQR run in CKII before the new expansion ends up fucking my Empire up somehow with all the new intrigue/internal politics too.

I mean... if they wanted a yearly expansion it would have to be around the fall, right? Maybe late this year/early next? I don't necessarily believe in that patch/cycle shortening either but... we'll find out?
My bet is that they will announce it and share details at the fan fests at the end of the year and maybe it actually will come out in early Spring this time!!

A late fall/early winter release would be pretty cool, but yeah I forgot about fanfests, probably won't hear anything about it before then,

suzu

What's wrong with AoE3? I think I have the CD-ROMs for both games in a box collecting dust in my mom's basemenet or something.

AoE2 is GOAT or whatever internet kids say.

4.0 in 2017.

3.2 aimed for late February. When's our EB.

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

suzu

Is this when I'll finally Git Gud?

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning axe. And that axe shall be Fracture, the Red Axe of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be N'uadha Tia come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

WolvenOne

Question, not really relevent to gameplay, but here goes.

I kinda have a long term goal of being able to play this game in 4K@60fps.

So, is there ANY single-card GPU on the market that could do that right now?

no. It would take a really fucking beefy machine to do this game in 4k@60

even still any reasonable amount of characters on the screen would probably tank that

WolvenOne

no. It would take a really fucking beefy machine to do this game in 4k@60

even still any reasonable amount of characters on the screen would probably tank that

That's what I thought. Good thing I'm saving this particular goal for the next expansion. I'm guessing the next round of cards will have a bit better luck. Die shrink and all that.

iammeiam

PSA: You can now have FFLogs hide your character's parses from search and from the rankings.

It's an interesting way to let people preserve anonymity I guess. damage is probably largely done at this point, since I assume everyone who cares has long since looked up everyone they're curious about. Please note that it DOES let people know you've chosen to hide your data if they search for you, so.

Important thing is that the actual numbers still count, just the character name is suppressed, so you can still get a rough aggregate idea of damage bracketing. Useful stuff still there, you can just opt out of the e-competition stuff if you so choose.

That's what I thought. Good thing I'm saving this particular goal for the next expansion. I'm guessing the next round of cards will have a bit better luck. Die shrink and all that.

Yep. My PC meets the Oculus specs (bring on March already pls) so I don't need an upgrade til I fancy jumping to 4K, and that won't happen until monitors become a lot cheaper.

Thorgal

theze problem with upping the resolution is that the hud does not scale well with the higher resolution .

At 4K res chat and all text + certain iconss become impossible to read .

k1t4j

This game keeps surprising, after a rather decent journey to 50 and slightly interesting story the game keeps grabbing my interest.

The story is still going, just Killed Leviathan, awesome fight btw. Reached lv 53 and no mention on Heavenward yet. I even managed to grab the full set of amor you can buy with Poetics because the queues are super fast and 90% we have a newcomer and get a whooping 100 tomes bonus for the story missions or 50-60 in Hard dungeons.

And here I thought I was going to reach 50 and grab my Death Knight...... lol.

By the way after 50 you don't get any more new skills? I don't seem to get any more class quests. Am I missing something?

Ken

This game keeps surprising, after a rather decent journey to 50 and slightly interesting story the game keeps grabbing my interest.

The story is still going, just Killed Leviathan, awesome fight btw. Reached lv 53 and no mention on Heavenward yet. I even managed to grab the full set of amor you can buy with Poetics because the queues are super fast and 90% we have a newcomer and get a whooping 100 tomes bonus for the story missions or 50-60 in Hard dungeons.

By the way after 50 you don't get any more new skills? I don't seem to get any more class quests. Am I missing something?

First new ability is at 52, but you should have a new job quest at 50 that doesn't award a skill. Check your job trainer. You might have to reach Ishgard first before they unlock since sometimes the job quest involves Heavensward maps.

Allard

That quote on yearly expansion is for after heavensward starting in 4.0. This expansion is supposed to follow a similar patch cycle as 2.0. Expect the next expansion announced at fanfest and releasing in late winter or early spring. My guess is we will start seeing hints to exact direction we will be going with the expansion sometime closer to E3 time, we didnt get real specific hints about 3.0 expansion till the 2.4 patch after all and aside from interview hints we knew little about the direction of the expansion other then it might be flying oriented and we were going to get more then 1 new job. But we could also deduce that it was ishgard related since they kept pushing back its opening till they said it would be open with a bit 'event'.

The next 4.0 expansion is honestly a true mystery at this point, it can go numerous directions so I am curious if we might start getting hints finally in 3.2.

Eldren

First new ability is at 52, but you should have a new job quest at 50 that doesn't award a skill. Check your job trainer. You might have to reach Ishgard first before they unlock since sometimes the job quest involves Heavensward maps.

I think all the new 50 job quests require you to complete Before The Dawn (the final pre-Heavensward story quest) before they unlock so yeah it'll be a while until you get there.

Mages can ignore. Physical ranged cannot. Makes sense since if you think of it as a parry skill rather than a shield.

Gotcha, thanks!

Maybe I can try to get 60 on SMN in the next couple weeks, with all the crazy fate parties in the HW areas shouldn't be too bad. N. Than fate parties are starting to dry up these days so I'm thankful I have a potent solo class to get to 50.

Had MCH at 57 for weeks, but just not feeling the job. Really, REALLY wanted to like it but it lacks punch even when played well. Doing MSQ duties sucked on that class too, had to change to MNK just to rip through it.

Top Bottom