• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Babalu.

Thanks for all the answers.

one last question.

There is a holiday event going on right now called heavensturn:

I don't want to miss anything because I know it ends tomorrow.

I already got the monkey helmet x3 (see no, hear no, speak no).

Is there anything else in this holiday event that I might have missed. I don't want to lose out on any one time items. There is a monkey house item for like 6k gil. should I buy that now even though I probably wont get a house for a long long long long time if ever. Is it this year only?

Sorian

Banned
Thanks for all the answers.

one last question.

There is a holiday event going on right now called heavensturn:

I don't want to miss anything because I know it ends tomorrow.

I already got the monkey helmet x3 (see no, hear no, speak no).

Is there anything else in this holiday event that I might have missed. I don't want to lose out on any one time items. There is a monkey house item for like 6k gil. should I buy that now even though I probably wont get a house for a long long long long time if ever. Is it this year only?

That housing item will only be available now, yes. Later your choices will either be price gougers on the market board or they might add it to the cash shop down the road.

I think the 3 helmets were it and then whatever the vendor is selling.

Thorgal

Finallt got to 30 and unlocked my dragoon .

time to either kick lots of ass or jump myself of the boss arena to an embarrasing death :p

Yoshi P crushing any hopes of class customization and individuality in that last interview. The 3.2 details are about what I expected...Zzzz.. Wolves Den esports is the future! See you guys on ESPN.

Thorgal

My character has just become a new dragoon .

ffxiv_14012016_0127357bxs8.jpg

I also elected to change his name to something more apropriate for the job .

His new name is Tatsuo Ryuushin .

People who understand japanese will get it.

If not , it means
first name "Dragon man" last name roughly translates to dragon god

Squishy3

Dragonsong is kind of diluted since the instrumental plays a ridiculous amount of times in Heavensward, whereas Answers you only hear in the CG and T13. (And I guess during The Rising)

I think Distant Worlds comes here relatively soon, might go. nope, not coming here this year (or it's not scheduled) and the last time they were here was in 2012

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dragonsong is kind of diluted since the instrumental plays a ridiculous amount of times in Heavensward, whereas Answers you only hear in the CG and T13. (And I guess during The Rising)

I think Distant Worlds comes here relatively soon, might go. nope, not coming here this year (or it's not scheduled) and the last time they were here was in 2012

I actually think this is great and strengthens the soundtrack as a whole since the main theme is weaved throughout.

Squishy3

I actually think this is great and strengthens the soundtrack as a whole since the main theme is weaved throughout.
I just heard it too much for me since I traveled so much in Churning Mists and returning to Zenith for MSQ/sidequests meant you heard it an awful lot.

BadRNG

Yoshi P crushing any hopes of class customization and individuality in that last interview. The 3.2 details are about what I expected...Zzzz.. Wolves Den esports is the future! See you guys on ESPN.
I am curious to see how the tournament they talked about goes, Up until now it looks like most of the games they've done at that tournament/tv channel are Tekken, Guilty Gear, Gran Turismo, Puyopuyo (what), Fifa and recently LoL. So minor stuff mostly. They had an FFXIV special last year too so me thinks this is just a big marketing thing rather than a serious attempt to enter e-sports scene.

Now excuse me while I go try and track down some competitive Puyo Puyo. The trailers look epic.

His new name is Tatsuo Ryuushin .

first name "Dragon man"
It could also mean "Fat Harbor Man". That's way cooler.
japanese is fun

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If LoV/TT tourneys are any indications you're gonna have to rack up points and the guy with the most points wins which is...

Yeah

iammeiam

Galen tries to summon bows, summons a gun instead.

Not that I'm displeased with this turn of events.

it is already mog gun

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
In my inventory are shards and crystals of various elements. What are these for?

WolvenOne

I farmed it not so long ago for that minion. I think overall I enjoy it much more than Void Ark

Void Ark's fun, but I do think I enjoyed WoD juuuuuuust a little bit more. I think it's the pacing of the boss battles actually. The overall complexity is about the same, but WoD tends to take a bit more time to introduce additional mechanics. That, and there's a bit less RNG to deal with in WoD. No Squid-men spewing in random directions, adds spawning in random locations, etc etc.

This is not to say that I haven't enjoyed Void Ark. I've actually had a ton of fun with it, and the atmosphere is great. I also appreciate that they're trying to make players work a bit harder in VA, not so much in complexity mind you, but still.

They should do Extreme versions of some of the 24-man bosses.

I really wish they would.

k1t4j

Man you level up really fast with the bonus from having a lv50 job.

Grabbed DK at level 30 on Sunday night, and playing like 4 hours a day since then grinding out FATES wih parties I reached level 48 last night.

Also I never miss a daily queue for the Poetics with my other class so now I have enough for the ilv120 weapon. wohoo

despite how well things have gone with the group it looks like I'll be looking for something else again.

untimely work trip probably happening right around when 3.2 drops has probably ended my time in my group. hardcore groups pushing for region first can't be missing a week or more of a raid tier. still hoping I can figure something out, but ultimately work stuff has to come before raid.

at least I proved to myself that I have the ability to fit into a great group and can aim for that next time as opposed to mediocre groups from before. was worth going over. if not for timing I would have had a permanent spot as their MCH.

feels really bad man

Ken

despite how well things have gone with the group it looks like I'll be looking for something else again.

untimely work trip probably happening right around when 3.2 drops has probably ended my time in my group. hardcore groups pushing for region first can't be missing a week or more of a raid tier. still hoping I can figure something out, but ultimately work stuff has to come before raid.

at least I proved to myself that I have the ability to fit into a great group and can aim for that next time as opposed to mediocre groups from before. was worth going over. if not for timing I would have had a permanent spot as their MCH.

feels really bad man

That stinks. Still no concrete date for 3.2 though so maybe stuff will work out?

That stinks. Still no concrete date for 3.2 though so maybe stuff will work out?

yeah, I'm trying to get dates in work to see if I can figure something out.

It's straight first world problems. I'm converting from contractor to full time in work (yay they like me!) and once the process is done I'll have to go to LA for some induction stuff. I would have guessed middle-end of February for that, which is where the potential conflict comes in. But the group also needs to find a person to fill my shoes soon so it looks unlikely that I can find a solution.

tgl3

Neo Member

Then I consider the guide a great success.

Someone has collected a few QoL changes coming in 3.2: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/40tfih/qol_changes_coming_in_32/

There's also a spreadsheet with all the known 3.2 content: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12b9cPhZhZ9h1pLfBJuUr_RL6LJIH3QUZvjIrOWlUnH0/

IvorB

Hmmm... that's interesting. Seems to me like they should drop the "Savage" moniker from Midas since it's not going to be savage any more. Also I'm really glad they are making those relic items non-sellable because that's actually been freaking me out as someone who sold one my four items from the second-to-last stage of the first relic by mistake.

iammeiam

feels really bad man

That's rough; at least the clears and, assuming you stick with it, having a ranged option at 60 will open a lot of doors for you elsewhere. Worst part is knowing we won't get the date until the 30th.

Huh. From the "Please look forward to it" section:

Battle:
Job-specific limit break animations for LB1 and LB2
Nerfs to insta-death mechanics in certain fights (e.g. Titan EX, Twintania)
Practice mode for raids (not including current tier)
The recurring FF boss “Omega” will appear eventually

So practice mode, whenever it shows up, will only be for irrelevant content that is at best gear-nerfed? Way to make that feature less useful. I'd get holding it for catchup patches, but the entire tier?

(Also do we reeeeeally need nerfs on stuff you can run unsynced? Really?)

Dragonsong live version from Distant Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u48gLj6WE

Love it. Wish Distant Worlds would come to Ireland. Might take the plunge and got to one in London some day.

That's rough; at least the clears and, assuming you stick with it, having a ranged option at 60 will open a lot of doors for you elsewhere. Worst part is knowing we won't get the date until the 30th.

Yep, not knowing patch date is the worst part.

But yeah, finding a group as a MNK is pretty hard as much as I love the class. Was really lucky this group contacted me. It's just the matter of getting MCH geared for 3.2 at this stage.

Honestly though I might even take a step back from raiding for a bit. I love it, but this took a lot out of me and I'm really disappointed it didn't work out for reasons not related to performance. If I just wasn't good enough I would have been less disappointed, rather than stupid logistics which is the issue here. I'll probably take a week or two to decide and then take my time looking for the right group. I made the mistake of just joining whatever group on Ultros before and it didn't work out, so want to do my due diligence next time.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking at getting a keyboard. Are there any preferred kbs that work better than others for this game?

WolvenOne

Even with raid training mode only letting people practice up old content, there's still some use for new content. I mean, generally speaking each turn recycles at least a few mechanics from older raids, so getting a first understanding of all those mechanics before going into the newest raid is beneficial.

But, yeah, adding training modes for the current raid content sometime during the catch-up patch would've been nic.

iammeiam

I still want it to play Answers. It doesn't have to make sense!

Even with raid training mode only letting people practice up old content, there's still some use for new content. I mean, generally speaking each turn recycles at least a few mechanics from older raids, so getting a first understanding of all those mechanics before going into the newest raid is beneficial.

But, yeah, adding training modes for the current raid content sometime during the catch-up patch would've been nic.

There's some reuse, but for the most part once something isn't current tier "lol mechanics" sets in and people just cheese through on gear alone. Most of the stuff I'd like to have had the ability to focus on practicing is pretty situational. T5 Twisters, T7 kiting, T9 dives, T13 dives, certain A2S waves early on, A3S Wash Away + Digi, A4S Carnage + Quarantine, A4S final phase Doll/CZero fiesta.

It's mostly I don't know how well attended training mode for dead content is going to be; if you look at most people getting Coil clears now they just openly want an Unsynced carry and don't care about mechanics. It could be an extremely useful tool for casual/midcore progression in the odd numbered patches; if they just wanted generic mechanics examples they could patch in more levequests. Given how rare it is to find new people that actually want to do Coil as remotely challenging, this version of practice mode just seems like it will have limited appeal.

scy

Also begs the question a bit of ... well, how do you use practice mode. If it had the current raid tier, that would make sense at least for requiring a full party and all but if it's about practicing specific mechanics and so-on for dated content, it has to be something smaller scale? I fully expected it as a full group, pick a phase, practice a phase thing but wondering if it's more scaled back than that and they're aiming it at a different target audience still.

Now fully expecting some trimmed down solo thing so people can jump into DF with it known as opposed to something that's a tool to use alongside learning.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like you'd be fine with whatever keyboard but I'm not an expert.

Thanks.

Is there a feature in the game that allows you to see who you just played with in a party? I'd like to thank the person who kept having to raise me from the dead.

Top Bottom