• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Eldren

I'm actually really looking forward to the Gnath quests. I enjoyed the Vanu ones more than I expected, maybe because I liked that we get to see that little island become more populated and seeing our actions have an impact on the world is fun. Hopefully the mount is better than the Sanuwa though, that thing's kinda ugly.

Some nice QoL stuff in this patch, I can FINALLY switch my retainer to MCH and make use of all this gear I have lying around (the alternative would be to go back to my level 50 BRD and get it to 60 but...no).

So many of the things I'm really looking forward to are still set for some nebulous time in the future. I've decided to switch my main to SMN but I'm already getting bored of Garuda so those Egi glamours can't come soon enough. I think I've spent £15 worth of fantasias this week alone tweaking skin tone so that'll be a nice change. Those additional GC ranks will be most welcome and a bestiary is something I've wanted for a long time, same for job specific rewards; I liked that you unlock the unicorn mount after levelling CNJ to 30 and I've always wanted other jobs to get their own unique mount.

Good stuff all round for me.

Valor

Thanks.

Is there a feature in the game that allows you to see who you just played with in a party? I'd like to thank the person who kept having to raise me from the dead.

Not really. You often get matched with people across servers as well so there may be little to no way to contact people once you exit a duty with them short of transferring to their server and stalking them for weeks.

Not that I've done such a thing. That would be crazy.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. You often get matched with people across servers as well so there may be little to no way to contact people once you exit a duty with them short of transferring to their server and stalking them for weeks.

Not that I've done such a thing. That would be crazy.

Shame. Oh well.

Goodnight, sweet prince. Where ever you are.

Well, looks like the black hole that is A4S is sucking me back into its grip. The dark comedy routine resumes tonight. I think I'll have Donald Trump on during the stream serving as the voice of The Manipulator...an appropriate role don't you think.

My dream of one and done is dead (for now) RIP.

Ken

Is there a guide on how to do beast tribe stuff in 3.x somewhere or to max rank them efficiently? For a friend of course since I'd never do them cough cough.

iammeiam

Well, looks like the black hole that is A4S is sucking me back into its grip. The dark comedy routine resumes tonight. I think I'll have Donald Trump on during the stream serving as the voice of The Manipulator...an appropriate role don't you think.

I honestly have no idea whether to be happy or sad for you here. Might as well go all in on ridiculous glamour.

Is there a guide on how to do beast tribe stuff in 3.x somewhere? For a friend of course since I'd never do them cough cough.

STOP DOING RELIC

GO PLAY VERMINION OR SOMETHING

Isaccard

So much for playing other games

Ken

You should learn to say no.

Or is this because of your old SCH clearing it before you.

katagai

Hopefully the mount is better than the Sanuwa though, that thing's kinda ugly.

Better be an ant.

TFEb2cu.jpg

Yoshi-p pls.

artsi

I just returned to the game, I'm kind of tired with dungeons / raids / relic grinding and I'd like to do some gathering / crafting for a while. I have:

Culinarian 17
Botanist 20
Fisher 36

I thought about leveling these further and make some food to sell, any decent money in that?

Ken

I just returned to the game, I'm kind of tired with dungeons / raids / relic grinding and I'd like to do some gathering / crafting for a while. I have:

Culinarian 17
Botanist 20
Fisher 36

I thought about leveling these further and make some food to sell, any decent money in that?

I think you can make good money out of some of the current raid foods like Baked Pipira Pira. The fish themselves go from 3-5k and the food is like 20k HQ?

You should learn to say no.

Or is this because of your old SCH clearing it before you.

Has nothing to do with that in regards to A4S. Still not sure where you get these ideas/theories from? I actively complained about the situation when it was A3S, but I haven't said anything similar about A4S.

I was only bummed in A3S when I found out our two previous SCHs had cleared after leaving us because it made some things painfully obvious about the group's A3S progression at that time. Similar to my Titan EX situation, I was just tired of banging my head against the wall each week and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel despite feeling I knew the fight well enough that I could clear it if given the chance. I just wanted a chance to step into a group with 7 other people who knew what to do and could execute and see if that would amount to a clear and me holding up my end.

Turned out I just need a bit more experience at Embolus/Throttle/Drainage part of last phase and I was good to go. Now I can look back and say, "Oh, geez, remember how much A3S progression sucked, but now it's not such a big deal? Well just remember that when it comes to other content, it might seem crappy, but it's all doable and once you get over the hurdle it's easy."

The reason I wasn't too happy about A4S before was the sheer amount of proposed time to go in each week, which I wasn't fully aware of. I didn't want to spend that much scheduled time having to do it, I've been saying I want some more flexibility in raiding to scale it to how much I want each week, which is adverse to the nature of static setups/schedules. Which meant I would likely just need to find a pug solution if possible.

But now it sounds like it's a max of 3x a week on days I personally would prefer, and if we're close maybe we push extra, which I'm fine with. So I'll just suck it up and try to get a clear before it's nerf'd/echo'd and will make me look at future content with a bit more optimism in terms of "it can't possibly be as bad as A3S/A4S, so cheer up." Obviously if the group wants to push harder at 3.2, I might bow out.

-----
Speaking of Trump, this can't be real life, can it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

I liked Team America better personally.

iammeiam

The obvious solution is just people stop asking to get Alexander music on the mount. Maybe a petition against it. Or at least have Dying, Dying Electricity in rotation.

(I actually did run around with music off entirely for a while. It made idling in Mist feel like the beginning of a horror movie.)

IaN_GAF

Hi! Me and my lady are currently levelling our first characters and we're having a ton of fun. Nevertheless I wonder if I might ask if there is an easy way to know where to go when you're levelling up that we are missing?

We keep running out of quests kind of wondering where to go (probably partially due to the haphazard way my lady tends to skip around Eorzea).

Is there a way to, say, conjure up a list of areas divided by level range to determine where we should go next?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Hi! Me and my lady are currently levelling our first characters and we're having a ton of fun. Nevertheless I wonder if I might ask if there is an easy way to know where to go when you're levelling up that we are missing?

We keep running out of quests kind of wondering where to go (probably partially due to the haphazard way my lady tends to skip around Eorzea).

Is there a way to, say, conjure up a list of areas divided by level range to determine where we should go next?

Are you doing the main story quests? They usually unlock a bunch of sidequests around whatever level the main story quest was.

IaN_GAF

Are you doing the main story quests? They usually unlock a bunch of sidequests around whatever level the main story quest was.

Absolutely, but my lady decided she wanted to switch up her class so the mainline story quest is at around level 30-ish, whereas our characters (on their second class) are now at about 15.

It's really our own fault for not necessarily adhering to the usual way one would progress, so I was hoping there was a way for us to kinda map out a route for ourselves :3

3.2 isn't 10GB

they're just updating the system requirements for FFXIV A Realm Reborn considering all the patches they have released since the launch of the game.

If you're playing Heavensward it's already 30GB free space required, same for the all in one. They're just updating the requirements of the base game.

suzu

Absolutely, but my lady decided she wanted to switch up her class so the mainline story quest is at around level 30-ish, whereas our characters (on their second class) are now at about 15.

It's really our own fault for not necessarily adhering to the usual way one would progress, so I was hoping there was a way for us to kinda map out a route for ourselves :3

If you've exhausted all the low level sidequests (which begin in each capital city) then you've only got levequests, FATEs, hunting log, and dungeons for gaining exp.

Aleport, Hawthorne Hut, and Camp Drybone are level 15~ish.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I find krakka root to be a very racist vegetable.

If anyone has some to sell or trade please let me know. Thanks.

IaN_GAF

If you've exhausted all the low level sidequests (which begin in each capital city) then you've only got levequests, FATEs, hunting log, and dungeons for gaining exp.

Aleport, Hawthorne Hut, and Camp Drybone are level 15~ish.

Oh! I forgot about levequests! Thanks a bunch, that and the areas is very helpful indeed.

iammeiam

I think this is Phillip's newly former group doing solo tank A3S. Europe is crazy.

You do realize that when I read that I only wanted the mount even more, right?

Is your doll fascination just a smokescreen to prolong your A4 music exposure?

You guys will probably be clamoring for the A4 music again after whatever the A8 music is

I'm trying to wrap my head around how bad A8 would have to be for that to happen. It involves Divebombing MiniManipulators with Petrifaction that do 20K raid-wide AOEs unless someone with the proper debuff stands in their path. Also the fight is 30 minute long.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
yep, that was my group

feelsbadman

the bard isn't even that good and had to give up my spot

blegh

If I may ask what was wrong with the Bard in your group? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about being a decent one.

If I may ask what was wrong with the Bard in your group? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about being a decent one.

I don't really understand BRD, just know from what they told me his DPS could be higher. His mechanics in A4S weren't great either. Don't want to sound bitter so won't comment much more, tho I think the MCH who left their group and I replaced was better, but he wanted to go super hardcore.

Top Bottom