• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

I don't think so? Might be wrong.

Don't buy off steam. The version of the game on the Humble Bundle is the stand alone version. It doesn't play well with Steam. Anyhow, buying Heavensward doesn't give you an additional month. Buying the PS3 and PS4 version of ARR would give you an additional month, but I rather doubt you'd be interested in that.

if you have the non-Steam version on your account, you can't buy the HW Steam expansion

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/421kyv/steam_sale_final_fantasy_xiv_arr_hw_50_off/cz6ukd0

This is just the precursor trolling. I'm the only one with 60 BRD, and everyone is actually probably sadistic enough to just let it hit the ground next drop. It's the troll before the troll.

No, they're not compatible. The only thing buying the Steam version would do is let you download it from Steam. You can't add it to your normal PC account. Basically only get one version of A Realm Reborn for PC, steam or non steam.

You also CANNOT use the Steam Heavensward expansion, you have to buy the non-Steam version to go with your non-Steam copy.

Thank you guys! I thought I read something about that, but it may have been what iammeiam said about the PS versions and got confused.

Valor

One day I will drag you to a knights karsh trap ,I mean farm, with qhon and I so you too can truely experiance the most bodaciously eloquent poet of our generation. Please look forward to it.
I am.

why does galen care about bard, he should be all about that ninja life at this point. Unless he can't cut the melee life
Man you've been out of the game for too long

That was like 5 goglons ago.

Exactly. This guy gets it. It's all about that DRG life now. Easiest melee class in the game.

aceface

Southern Thanalan in Ultros tonight is the most I've ever seen people talk in shout in this game ever. Who says game is ded

On the plus side, Bruno Starz seems to be taking over the gaf'd role from gaf.

IvorB

This is kind of a dumb sentimental post, but I need to get this off my chest.

This summer I got really sick. I could barely focus on anything and I barely left my house except to get food once a week. The GAF Free Company was my only outlet for socializing back then. I stayed pretty sick until November. It got so bad to where I couldn't get out of bed for weeks at a time. I couldn't pay enough attention to even play the game, so I'd level up gatherers and do some dailies. I was a pretty bad player, but you guys still ran EXDR with me and helped me get through old primals.

I'm not as sick as I used to be, but because of said long-term illness I'm now homeless and living with friends. I'm not sure when I will have a subscription again as I'm waiting for SSI benefits to kick in. My lawyer says it could take up to ten months. Maybe I'll see ya'll then?

I just wanted to drop by and tell you how grateful I am for the community that we have, and that I'm lucky to have been part of it. You gave me something to live for when I was at the end of my rope. Everyone was always really supportive and nice to me. I really appreciate it.

Til next time. ~BB

Aw. Hope you are fully recovered and sorted soon.

WolvenOne

Southern Thanalan in Ultros tonight is the most I've ever seen people talk in shout in this game ever. Who says game is ded

On the plus side, Bruno Starz seems to be taking over the gaf'd role from gaf.

They're now blaming him for pulling S ranks, on days where he hasn't even logged on. It's glorious!

Valor

On the one hand I agree. It's a terrible job.

On the other hand, Aiming Hood came back for revenge this week after a long vacation which I think is motivating people.

Meanwhile I ended up buying the dumb ass aiming boots. At least now I have all of the pieces besides the chestbow?

iammeiam

Meanwhile I ended up buying the dumb ass aiming boots. At least now I have all of the pieces besides the chestbow?

For BRD? I thought upgraded Eso won out because Crit is ridiculous, but aiming boots are a must for MCH because our Eso boots are gaaaaarbage. What BiS you looking at? My current gearset for BRD is like 700+ skillspeed. Which seems overkill.

Just get relic anyway. Best way to guarantee it drops!

Redx508

East Coast get ready Shiva Jonas is here

xRhTSHn.png

Gold_Loot

Sounds like an infomercial slogan.
Hey Final Fantasy GAF. I've been playing and lurking since 2.0 ( on Midgardsomre ) . but today I need some advice. My and the wife were lucky enough to secure 2 tickets to Distant Worlds! Now we're both excited , but I'm not sure what to expect as far as dress code. I know the crowd will be a bit younger than the usual orchestra event, but is a casual affair? Or should we dress up? Nothing was mentioned on the site or the tickets.

Anyone been to one here? Thanks.

WolvenOne

I honestly couldn't say, I've never been to one of the Distant World concerts. They're usually hosted far from where I live, so I would need to make a, Concerted effort to get there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hey Final Fantasy GAF. I've been playing and lurking since 2.0 ( on Midgardsomre ) . but today I need some advice. My and the wife were lucky enough to secure 2 tickets to Distant Worlds! Now we're both excited , but I'm not sure what to expect as far as dress code. I know the crowd will be a bit younger than the usual orchestra event, but is a casual affair? Or should we dress up? Nothing was mentioned on the site or the tickets.

Anyone been to one here? Thanks.

I've been to them many times. Just try to dress nice... a nicer shirt/nice jeans is usually fine. Doesn't have to be super fancy.

Jayhawk

You'll see people dressed casually, some more dressed up, and some cosplaying as whatever. Will Susan Calloway be singing there? She was there for the last Distant Worlds I went to, singing Answers and Eyes on Me.

TIP: Cosplay as Kagari for Distant Worlds

Gold_Loot

I've been to them many times. Just try to dress nice... a nicer shirt/nice jeans is usually fine. Doesn't have to be super fancy.

You'll see people dressed casually, some more dressed up, and some cosplaying as whatever. Will Susan Calloway be singing there? She was there for the last Distant Worlds I went to, singing Answers and Eyes on Me.

TIP: Cosplay as Kagari for Distant Worlds
Thanks guys! I hope Susan will be there. Just says "other surprises" really. This is the first one taking place in Florida (St. Petersburg) so maybe they'll go all out ( or avoid us lol )..

I'll have to get some Kagari pics for some cosplay.

BadRNG

Sounds like an infomercial slogan.
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE FOR RELICS, THE GLOWY CRAP OF YOUR DREAMS FROM YOSHI-P INDUSTRIES. ARE YOU TIRED OF HAVING FUN? KILLING BOSSES THAT FIGHT BACK? WISH YOU COULD GRIND STUFF YOU DID TWO YEARS AGO? WELL NOW YOU CAN, WITH RELIC, THE PAINFUL WAY TO GET A WEAPON YOU DON'T NEED. YOU CAN; USE IT FOR GLAMOR, GO AFK WITH IT IN MIST, QUESTION YOUR SANITY, DEVELOP A NEW DRINKING PROBLEM, AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

BUT WAIT! ACT NOW AND WE'LL THROW IN RELIC UPDATE 3.2, WHERE YOU CAN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN FOR A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT GLOW AND AN EXCUSE TO LOG IN AND BITCH.

SO CALL 555-FUCKYOU TO PICK UP YOUR RELIC TODAY!*

Please allow 1-4 weeks of grinding before use. Order may be delayed so we have more time to do fuck all. Yoshi-P industries is a subsidiary of GitGud Incorporated.

I managed to crate a character on Ultros. I'm from Europe. Is latency between continents a huge issue ? Do I need a specific level before joining GAF free ompany ?

Thanks for all help.

Valor

I managed to crate a character on Ultros. I'm from Europe. Is latency between continents a huge issue ? Do I need a specific level before joining GAF free ompany ?

Thanks for all help.

It could be an issue for sure. Many Euro Gaffers left for greener pastures on EU datacenter. You can join the FC at any level it doesn't matter.

Is there any Free Company on Europe servers ? Are there any Europe people with you guys ? I'm not looking for min/max experience, I'm just looking for a good time.

Edit: My connetion on Europe servers says Excellent while on NA it saysy Good. If Europe Datacenter is the best place could someone recommend the bst server for crating character ?

iammeiam

Looks like Aetherflow approvals are going out.

Somebody let me know when the add on that turns raiding into basically Simon Says comes out.

BadRNG

Looks like Aetherflow approvals are going out.

Somebody let me know when the add on that turns raiding into basically Simon Says comes out.
I glanced through, looks like some of the beta addons people have been working on haven't been uploaded yet? Some cool UI frame mockups/tests though.

SkyUI is fancy, but most interested to try out MogAuras which I assume is like WeakAura, that's supposed to be coming later this weekend.

Top Bottom