• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

WolvenOne

It would be fun to see a raid roulette with the Crystal Tower and similar things. I missed the third one due to taking a break and was hoping to go run it to see it but now it's impossible to get a group for so that dream is currently comatose.

I haven't seen coil past T6, either, but at least with that I can probably find some people who would drag me through that for all the newbie tome bonuses.

Just walk into idylshire and yell, "I have Coil Bonus!"

Thorgal

decided to revamp my hud to something more practical for me . ( the hotbars on the side are for specific cooldowns and to see which 4rth tier combo will proc . since i don't have those skills yet i put placeholders on them .)

ffxiv_25012016_232557tgs3y.png

how that looks in setup :

iammeiam

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for somebody to win Frontlines so the bad guys can reactivate Omega Weapon. They dropped that info back in 2.3 and then never followed up on it that I remember.

It was created to fight the likes of Bahamut. I think we're ready for it by now.

aceface

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for somebody to win Frontlines so the bad guys can reactivate Omega Weapon. They dropped that info back in 2.3 and then never followed up on it that I remember.

It was created to fight the likes of Bahamut. I think we're ready for it by now.

What's this? Angary watched a cutscene? I KNEW IT.

omlet

If I can get the crystal drops on different jobs I guess I will pick this weapon quest up again.

How's this work, I get key items randomly from fates and I need 3 of each kind, so 18 total? Then what?

Omni

Someone offered to pay me 150k gil to carry me through T6-13 because I have a bonus. Never even attempted those before

o.0

BadRNG

Most my favorite FF bosses were story related to that game so probably wouldn't work here
where is my Ultimecia fight
. Ozma would be cool though if they could find a way to mimic his ATB gimmick into this game's battle system.

Also we really need to fight a god at some point. Primals are beast gods but that ain't nothing, I'm talking the real reality warping motherfuckers you see at the end of nearly every FF game. I want the world to be about to end at this guy's whim. Zodiark will probably be that at some point but we got lots of time to kill before then and there's surely more room at the basicallyagod table.

I think that plotline got dropped like a hot potato when the evil potato literally got dropped.

MDry

Neo Member
HI, i just bought PS4 ver. and when it finished downloading i started the game and there was a white blank then there is a black screen wont go away, i asked friend who bought it with me and he said there is a launcher, i deleted the game and download it again and its the same. note: i did change the resolution from 1080 to 720 ( i search for a solution ) and nothing happened and I make sure the date and time is correct. And finally my connection is good. here is a pic of what i see:

QcNOB2P.jpg

so please help me :(

WolvenOne

In regards to Omega.

The version of Bahamutt players battled in the binding coil, was only a fraction as powerful as he was when we was released from Dalamud. If we assume his power scales with his size, even if it isn't one to one scaling a party of eight would be entirely outclassed even at level 60.

And Omega is supposed to dwarf that entirely. <_<;;

PS: The version of Brid players battled was even more heavily demenished. Due to it having released much of its aether back into the land before Bahamutt's shade lashed onto it and used it as a battery to sustain it's existence.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
HI, i just bought PS4 ver. and when it finished downloading i started the game and there was a white blank then there is a black screen wont go away, i asked friend who bought it with me and he said there is a launcher, i deleted the game and download it again and its the same. note: i did change the resolution from 1080 to 720 ( i search for a solution ) and nothing happened and I make sure the date and time is correct. And finally my connection is good. here is a pic of what i see:

QcNOB2P.jpg

so please help me :(
White -> Black screen is normal but after that a webpage should load with the license agreement.

ps_01.png
ps_02.png

If you bought the game digitally, are you loading it with the account that bought it? Can you visit the ffxiv site (na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/) using the ps4 browser? Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?

MDry

Neo Member
White -> Black screen is normal but after that a webpage should load. Can you visit the ffxiv site using the ps4 browser? Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?

yes i visited the site using my ps4. and rebooted my modem and router.
now after i visited FFXIV website what should i do ?

Killthee

yes and yes.

now after i visited FFXIV website what should i do ?
Try rebooting the console (full reboot, dont use standby) and launching the game again. The launcher acts up every now and again, but if you're able to load the website on the browser the launcher should be able too as well.

If it's still not working, I'm stumped.

MDry

Neo Member
Try rebooting the console (full reboot, dont use standby) and launching the game again. The launcher acts up every now and again, but if you're able to load the website on the browser the launcher should be able too as well.

If it's still not working, I'm stumped.

i did all you said and nothing :(

Killthee

i did all you said and nothing :(
Thought of something else that probably wont help, go to Application Saved Data Management and delete the FFXIV files. If your save file got corrupt for some weird reason the first time around (probably not likely) that should resolve it.

If it's still not working my guess would be it's probably some connection issue on your end or isp. The servers are up and it should be loading : /

Is there an easy way to set the chat window to only chat?
And am i missing anything important if i do do that?
playing on PS4 if that matters,
Click the gear icon at the bottom of the chat window -> Then scroll down to where it says:

Log Filters:
1 General
2 Battle

Click on General if you want to edit the default tab -> uncheck whatever you dont want to see on that tab. Each tab has it's own settings so if you just want to filter the crap out while running instances what you can do is make a party focus chat tab by pressing the + icon next to the gear icon at the bottom of the chat window and editing the settings for that tab to only show party chat. When you run an instance just switch to it and you'll only see party messages.

Click the gear icon at the bottom of the chat window -> Then scroll down to where it says:

Log Filters:
1 General
2 Battle

Click on General if you want to edit the default tab -> uncheck whatever you dont want to see on that tab. Each tab has it's own settings so if you just want to filter the crap out while running instances what you can do is make a party focus chat tab by pressing the + icon next to the gear icon at the bottom of the chat window and editing the settings for that tab to only show party chat. When you run an instance just switch to it and you'll only see party messages.

Thanks,
Also is here anything other than Fates that i can play with my friends whos a lot higher lever than me?
Im 9 and shes 32.

Omni

Thanks,
Also is here anything other than Fates that i can play with my friends whos a lot higher lever than me?
Im 9 and shes 32.

Once you get to level 15 you'll unlock your first dungeon. You'll be able to play together then.

but until that point, yeah. Just general fates and messing around in the world together

IvorB

To be fair most of the ninja kit is already kind of... stuck? There's not a lot of ways to add to what they introduced when ninja launched. The enmity reducers are actually really nice in a raid setting, or for dumping hate on a dps/healer you don't like in a dungeon. Not that I would ever do that. The skills you DO get though like Armor Crush and Dream within a Dream are pretty awesome, so there's that to look forward to.

Can this be done discretely though? No point doing it if everyone knows it was me. It is what it is but what I look forward to in leveling is unlocking new skills so it's a bit rough. Also does this mean I'll have to actually use said techniques? I don't want to reduce my aggro; it's the only feedback I have really as a DPS apart from stuff dying on time.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

Log Filters:
1 General
2 Battle

This is great information. Thanks. &#128578;

aceface

After relic actually had a cute little cutscene. It's nothing mindblowing but it's always nice to see them add a little story for all that effort you put in. It's way better than the old man Jahalazan stuff from last time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
After relic actually had a cute little cutscene. It's nothing mindblowing but it's always nice to see them add a little story for all that effort you put in. It's way better than the old man Jahalazan stuff from last time.

Skip cutscene?
> Yes
No

Valor

Can this be done discretely though? No point doing it if everyone knows it was me. It is what it is but what I look forward to in leveling is unlocking new skills so it's a bit rough. Also does this mean I'll have to actually use said techniques? I don't want to reduce my aggro; it's the only feedback I have really as a DPS apart from stuff dying on time.
I don't know how many people actually pay attention to buffs/debuffs in dungeons runs, so sure? You end up putting a red debuff on the person you cast it on. You can always say you missed and meant to hit the tank (who it's meant to be used on).

You don't have to use either of them at all. No one will care if you do or not. I just had fun dumping hate on Baramoht the first time I ran a dungeon with him while I was leveling Ninja. Good times. Then he decided he was too cool for me and the game. Now I'm sad.

Will you be able to air combo izuna drop Doomtrain when they add him?
Suplex the train or gtfo

Skip cutscene?
> Yes
No

I like your style. Get the screenshot and get the hell out.

MogCakes

I notice the PS4 version has a notably longer lag response time (maybe ~250-300ms) than my PC, which is less than 100m/s usually. To its merit, I don't get connection drops nearly as much on my PS4 as my PC.

WolvenOne

I notice the PS4 version has a notably longer lag response time (maybe ~250-300ms) than my PC, which is less than 100m/s usually. To its merit, I don't get connection drops nearly as much on my PS4 as my PC.

That's a HUGE response time. Seriously, unless you're very very far from the servers you're getting into, "this has gotta be a technical problem," territory.

Jayhawk

Probably the closest a German suplex has ever been to a real-life Izuna drop.

Just add several feet of air, change Fedor to Doomtrain, and Randleman as the Warrior of Light.
DimFarflungBlackbuck.gif

kuroshiki

I think I'm done with the game. Currently on Excalibur server.

There is basically NOTHING to do at this moment. Alex savage is not fun, Void ark is snore fest, dungeons are just old rehash...

I really miss final coil days where at least people were actively doing second coil and other stuffs. Those were exciting days. After 3.0 I think everything went downhill.

Sorian

Banned
I think I'm done with the game. Currently on Excalibur server.

There is basically NOTHING to do at this moment. Alex savage is not fun, Void ark is snore fest, dungeons are just old rehash...

I really miss final coil days where at least people were actively doing second coil and other stuffs. Those were exciting days. After 3.0 I think everything went downhill.

Sounds like you'd enjoy coming back at 3.5. With the way this game is set up, for better or worse, they lost all of their old content when the level cap went up to 60.

iammeiam

LL on Friday will let us know how much hope to hold out for 3.2, maybe, as the Great Decider Patch.

Nerbatting Gordias hard enough would probably get people to run at least 4 for a while for the mount. They could use drops from SCoB/FCoB/SCoB Savage for dyeable gear to try to reinvigorate that--bonus points if they make them only drop synched.

Depending on how relevant melding ends up being next tier, Diadem may become basically mandatory again too.

Question is if they make the above fun or if it ends up all feeling rote.

I do look forward to my eventual aneurysm when people overgear and echo A4S Nisi and don't see what the big deal was.

WolvenOne

Well, should be getting the next chunk of Alexander in a few weeks, and it SHOULD be more enjoyable for most people. I mean it'd have to be, seeing as Alexander Savage 3-4 might as well not exist for the bulk of the raiding community and all that. XD

Real talk though, despite the time I spend logged in, I'm going about things pretty casually right now. Spending a lot of time catching up with online friends who aren't playing this game. Thus why I'm spending less time in Mumble. Well, that and everyone's talking about that other MMO. Not that it looks like a bad MMO, but I don't really have the time to give two different MMO's appropriate time, and it doesn't have good controller support anyway. <_<;

MogCakes

That's a HUGE response time. Seriously, unless you're very very far from the servers you're getting into, "this has gotta be a technical problem," territory.

That's the worse end of the lag. When everything's dandy it's around 75-100ms on PS4, but the connection gets iffy and lag spikes happen often.
I still manage to be within the top 1-2 DPS in any random dungeon or duty I enter, despite that. Are people really this lazy

WolvenOne

That's the worse end of the lag. When everything's dandy it's around 75-100ms on PS4, but the connection gets iffy and lag spikes happen often.
I still manage to be within the top 1-2 DPS in any random dungeon or duty I enter, despite that. Are people really this lazy

There are a TON of players that only log in a few times a week, do a few dungeons, and log out. These players often hardly even know their rotations, because nothing they do ever really forces them to try to optimize them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Glamour will not reinvigorate Coil. "Extra" Jobs' weapons did not, at least not on any reasonable scale. What did were poetic farms for the relic, funny enough. Another option would probably be expensive materials vital to create current-tier gear. That's it. As much as we joke that glams is da endgame, there's still an effort/return barrier involved.

MogCakes

That's pretty sad, the big draw of the endgame is maximizing your class potential.

Pertaining to B&S, controller support is there but not nearly as optimized as XIV. I don't bother attributing any menu hotkeys to controller in that game because it's a nightmare to navigate.

scy

I do look forward to my eventual aneurysm when people overgear and echo A4S Nisi and don't see what the big deal was.

World First A4S w/Echo AMA

Glamour will not reinvigorate Coil. "Extra" Jobs' weapons did not, at least not on any reasonable scale. What did were poetic farms for the relic, funny enough. Another option would probably be expensive materials vital to create current-tier gear. That's it. As much as we joke that glams is da endgame, there's still an effort/return barrier involved.

At some point they just need to accept some farm-content should just simply be allowed to complete super fast. Poetic farms of old coil helped reinvigorate interest (albeit first time clears repeatedly) that it's something they should just learn from and make that content just worth more outright.

Top Bottom