• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've always heard Fracture was a DPS loss, because I used to get bitched at on my MNK for using it so I chose Mercy Stroke instead. Or maybe it's just better for DRG?

Fracture is life.

(Don't actually put fracture on any class except Warrior and I guess Monks have some use of it to wait out the full demolish timer maybe?)

I've always heard Fracture was a DPS loss, because I used to get bitched at on my MNK for using it so I chose Mercy Stroke instead. Or maybe it's just better for DRG?

For DRG it's always a loss, for MNK it's tricky. It can be a gain as long as GL3/Twin Snakes/Dragon Kick/Demolish/ToD don't fall off and you can sustain TP.

WolvenOne

This is where I shake my head at the thread, right? I think that's the goal.

RRYrMv8.gif

;)

Astral

I resubbed and decided to go with CNJ and eventually WHM. It's like my second time playing an MMO ever and my first time taking a healer role. So far I'm having more fun than I was having with my PUG/MNK. I feel pressured at times but I like how I'm always engaged and thinking ahead. Is there anything I should know about the role? Maybe what skills to inherit from other classes or which to use more often? I try to DPS as often as I can but I've noticed it sometimes leads to close calls. I'm also trying to get used to switching Cleric Stance on and off on the fly and under pressure.

Ken

I resubbed and decided to go with CNJ and eventually WHM. It's like my second time playing an MMO ever and my first time taking a healer role. So far I'm having more fun than I was having with my PUG/MNK. I feel pressured at times but I like how I'm always engaged and thinking ahead. Is there anything I should know about the role? Maybe what skills to inherit from other classes or which to use more often? I try to DPS as often as I can but I've noticed it sometimes leads to close calls. I'm also trying to get used to switching Cleric Stance on and off on the fly and under pressure.

WHM wants Swiftcast and Surecast from Thaumaturge and Eye for an Eye and Virus from Arcanist.

WolvenOne

You know, I'm moderately surprised that Warriors don't have any warhammers they can equip. XD

I can only guess that they don't want people dressing up as magical girls and hitting each-other with hammers, or something.

WolvenOne

But...hammers aren't axes.

and wands aren't staffs. XD

Though I can see why, since Warriors being axe wielders is a pretty big part of the identity. I'm just mildly surprised that there's never been a low level hammer or whatnot for Warriors. I mean most classes seem to have a few odd weapons they can equip during the leveling process.

Wands, nail bats, stuff like that. Hmm, should dark knights get claymore sized nailbats?

Omni

Got my Thordan barding! Looks awesome. Might still grind it out for an AST weapon or something but I don't really need to do it any more since I focus on WHM and Bard anywho.

Apoptomon

Really arcanist melee is the strangest looking, imo. Well other than astro card swipes. Mages, so weird.
booksmack = bestsmack

WTF, I just got kicked offline saying my sub ran out even though I have auto renew on. Everytime I try a credit card I'm getting error 601, does anyone know wtf to do? Their website support is useless.

Omni

I played my first dungeon last night, i didn't really have much idea what i was doing but it was still pretty fun and surprisingly easy.
Yeah, it's not until like level 30 that you have to pay any real attention to anything in those dungeons. Probably not even then if you're a DPS

Thorgal

Question: I am thinking about changing my toon to an Au rate.

only question I have is are they introduced in the game as part of the story or is it a case of "They have always been around in Eorzea, they where just all invisible up until now"?

BadRNG

Question: I am thinking about changing my toon to an Au rate.

only question I have is are they introduced in the game as part of the story or is it a case of "They have always been around in Eorzea, they where just all invisible up until now"?
They are introduced, sort of, in the story. It's mostly a case of the latter though, or I guess more specifically, they were around in Eorzea we just never dealt with them. They never address it if you are Au Ra yourself either, it's just retroactively you were one all along and no one cared.

Before the race was revealed, to the playerbase, it was a big tease about one character ending up being one (we knew they were the new race, just not what the new race was). Then it got revealed and, while they explained why the race was hidden in-story, it definitely leaves some holes. And later it turns out that pretty much everyone knew about the Au Ra, there were just not a lot of them in Eorzea.

Yeah, it's not until like level 30 that you have to pay any real attention to anything in those dungeons. Probably not even then if you're a DPS

As a newbie I found the level 24(?) one is the first one I had to pay attention(only the final boss) but it wasn't anything I wasn't prepared for having played other MMOs.

My plan is to hit 30 ARC, 15 Conjurer and then get Scholar to then go as my main class, keep in mind I'm completely new to this game but it seems like a decent plan to me.

Just hit 29 as my ARC last night.

Also, 15 Fisherman because queues.

They are introduced, sort of, in the story. It's mostly a case of the latter though, or I guess more specifically, they were around in Eorzea we just never dealt with them. They never address it if you are Au Ra yourself either, it's just retroactively you were one all along and no one cared.

Before the race was revealed, to the playerbase, it was a big tease about one character ending up being one (we knew they were the new race, just not what the new race was). Then it got revealed and, while they explained why the race was hidden in-story, it definitely leaves some holes. And later it turns out that pretty much everyone knew about the Au Ra, there were just not a lot of them in Eorzea.

It's a really strange decision, I think. I can understand why they'd want to hype it up, and God knows that they love to build hype and drag it out for as long as possible, but I don't think they really thought about the effect on the story/world after the big reveal by implementing their big tease in this way. I think the most jarring thing is
Yugiri hiding her identity because she was worried about how people would take it, despite her big obvious Au Ra tail, and Sigurdu's story about Au Ra being slaughtered by Ishgardians who mistook them for dragons, juxtaposed with the fact that retroactively, my character's been trotting merrily around as an Au Ra without so much as a passing comment this whole time, not even in Coerthas.

Am I right in understand that all the Yugiri teasing is still in there if you start the game anew now, even as an Au Ra?

Top Bottom