• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

Also, Ravana losing the walls in Ravana's walls before a certain point in that fight is almost a guaranteed wipe, but so long as some walls remain the knock-back mechanic in that fight isn't a significant factor.

I think people are more likely to be flung out in Bismark then Ravana.
Like when the tank tanks Ravana near the wall and he destroys it and then gets knocked off by the first Tapasya hit that you can't dodge

WolvenOne

Like when the tank tanks Ravana near the wall and he destroys it and then gets knocked off by the first Tapasya hit that you can't dodge

Okay I know it's been awhile since I've done Ravana, but I don't think Tapasya does a knock back, or if it does it isn't much of one. Again though, it's been awhile since I've done that fight.

That said, yes if you go into Ravana without using your head you're likely to get flattened, knocked off, etc etc. Though I might note that I was originally talking about non-EX trials raids at sixty. I did specifically say that if you were going to do Relic Reborn again you probably wouldn't want to tie it to trials that were Extreme level.

The difficulty of the original HM's is about right for that sort of thing, sans Titans ringout mechanic.

Jayhawk

I don't remember how a fight works, so let me make arguments based on my incorrect assumptions. LISTEN TO ME, DAGNABBIT!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I had to switch to JP VA, the english VA was taking me out of the cutscenes. I don't understand, SE is usually pretty good with the english VA in their games.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I had to switch to JP VA, the english VA was taking me out of the cutscenes. I don't understand, SE is usually pretty good with the english VA in their games.

The 51+ voice acting is a little better.

In that they got actual british people to do their fake english.

WolvenOne

I don't remember how a fight works, so let me make arguments based on my incorrect assumptions. LISTEN TO ME, DAGNABBIT!

I went back and checked, Tapasya has maybe a one foot knockback if that. Like I said, it's a non factor if you're using your head at all.

But go ahead, mock away! 9_9

Squishy3

The 51+ voice acting is a little better.

In that they got actual british people to do their fake english.
Yeah, they recast basically everyone for Heavensward. They had to get it done quick and dirty for the ARR launch. The only thing I don't like is recasting Urianger from Gideon Emery (Balthier) to whoever he is now.

I went back and checked, Tapasya has maybe a one foot knockback if that. Like I said, it's a non factor if you're using your head at all.

But go ahead, mock away! 9_9
If you're tanking him at the absolute edge of the arena you'll end up knocked off, and I've seen it happen :p

WolvenOne

If you're tanking him at the absolute edge of the arena you'll end up knocked off, and I've seen it happen :p

Yes, I could see why it would. However considering the importance of keeping walls intact in that fight, I'd consider that less a mechanic and more human derpidity in action.

Sorry if I don't consider a one foot knockback a real ringout mechanic.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they recast basically everyone for Heavensward. They had to get it done quick and dirty for the ARR launch. The only thing I don't like is recasting Urianger from Gideon Emery (Balthier) to whoever he is now.

Merlwyb was the best of the old voices, as I recall. New one doesn't sound like she climbed a mountain of corpses to get where she is.

WolvenOne

you mean like standing in giant glowy lines coming out of the boss as he is charging his fist

As I said earlier, the problem with Titan HM was a combination of lag and ring out mechanics. In 2.1 they slightly reduced the lag issue by increasing the back-end position check rate in trial instances. Despite this, if they were to create new relic reborn trials, I wouldn't include ring out mechanics. There are plenty of other ways to add some level of difficulty to trials that aren't quite so punishing.

scy

Tapasya's knockback was more to disorient for the follow-up hit since the natural inclination to the hit is to walk forward.

Squishy3

Merlwyb was the best of the old voices, as I recall. New one doesn't sound like she climbed a mountain of corpses to get where she is.
The old ones I liked were Y'shtola and Urianger. Thancred's actually isn't that bad either.

A lot of ARR's VA faults probably come from the rush to get it all done, so they couldn't do as many takes as something would normally get. Plus the reported minimal direction I think? Remember hearing they were basically given the script and told to go.

"Titan EX has the hardest ring out mechanics!"
Lists lag

---

Bismark EX (and Leviathan EX) has just as many ring out moves as Titan EX. Ravana gates aren't permanent and you also have to have one up to do Pillar of Heaven. And yeah, Thordan EX is just a death wall but still there to force or increase chance of deaths on Dragoon dive, Warrior's Unmovable Faith, and Gaze frenzy.

I don't know. I think Titan EX got its reputation for a reason...

Not saying other fights don't have ring-out mechanics, but I think you might be underestimating Titan EX a bit. You can say it was latency or whatever, but even doing it as Level 60 with pugs for pony farms, the sheer volume of people who still fall off is astounding. It's not even close. Levi EX deserves to be in the discussion, but I would say they just don't make them like they used to.

Ken

I don't know. I think Titan EX got its reputation for a reason...

Not saying other fights don't have ring-out mechanics, but I think you might be underestimating Titan EX a bit. You can say it was latency or whatever, but even doing it as Level 60 with pugs for pony farms, the sheer volume of people who still fall off is astounding. It's not even close. Levi EX deserves to be in the discussion, but I would say they just don't make them like they used to.

My post was mainly a rebuttal to the dismissal of 3.0 Primal ring out mechanics as ring out mechanics because they aren't Titan EX level, but this is the same person calling China i190 A4S as misleading cause they use draconian potions and a different party composition so idk.

And sure, I'm familiar with Titan Ex difficulty especially having to get my first clear with Ultros pugs.

WolvenOne

My post was mainly a rebuttal to the dismissal of 3.0 Primal ring out mechanics as ring out mechanics because they aren't Titan EX level, but this is the same person calling China i190 A4S as misleading cause they use draconian potions and a different party composition so idk.

And sure, I'm familiar with Titan Ex difficulty especially having to get my first clear with Ultros pugs.

Welp, so much for going to the Valentine Event with you. </3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Patch 3.2 main visual:

CaP_wu5XEAEOShj.jpg:orig

iammeiam

2.55 was March 30th. In 11 months I could see magical hair growth occurring for fanservice in-depth lore reasons. Compared to like
Y'shtola's magical Daredevil powers
channeling The Peanut Butter Solution doesn't seem to crazy.

Alternate answer: have you guys ever used the aesthetician? Hair is just different there.

Top Bottom