• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

woot only a month in the game and full 190 gear minus weapon. Got lucky and got 2 void ark pieces. Now to decide if I want to do the relic to ilvl 200.... or wait lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Zhexos said:
Thank you for the continued feedback regarding the ability to glamour one-handed conjurer and thaumaturge's weapons over two-handed ones. As we've mentioned in the past, the dev. team continues to look into this.

Before that, however, I wanted to let you all know that we're planning to introduce two-handed versions of popular conjurer and thaumaturge's weapons for content which currently reward one-handed versions. Their new designs will be based on their one-handed versions.

Please note that when this is introduced the one-handed versions will no longer appear as a reward from the actual content; however, players will be able to exchange their weapons for the opposite version.

The dev. team is currently working on this and aiming for release in Patch 3.2. After you give these new two-handed versions a swing, let us know how you feel about them!

RIP wands

Demoskinos

Ultros GAF. I'm part of a newly formed static that I got sort of roped into awhile ago. Long story short XIV is boring as hell to me right now and I wanna quit playing. I however don't want to be "that guy" who just takes up and leaves.

Id like to find a replacement for myself before I hang up my Staff. So if there are any casters (BLM,SMN) looking to get into a group before 3.2 and Midas hits PM me and I can get you in contact with the raid lead and our discord server.

jorgeton

Just learned that tanks will be using the VIT stat as their primary stat starting in 3.2. Does this mean a damage nerf for WAR? Ugh. My WAR is geared with mostly strength accessories. It's as if they're taking away the one bit of customization that the game permits - DPS WAR or Tank WAR.

I'm not happy about this :(

Baleoce

Just learned that tanks will be using the VIT stat as their primary stat starting in 3.2. Does this mean a damage nerf for WAR? Ugh. My WAR is geared with mostly strength accessories. It's as if they're taking away the one bit of customization that the game permits - DPS WAR or Tank WAR.

I'm not happy about this :(

I think they're giving VIT some kind of damage modifier as well.

iammeiam

DPS WAR or Tank WAR.

Whynotboth.gif

Nobody actually knows what is going to happen to tank damage. We do know the stat change is largely motivated by the tank accessory situation being fundamentally unfair to tanks--fending accessories were borderline useless day one, everyone would fight over slaying accessories, and expensive melds were generally an expectation for 'serious' tanks. Changing damage to scale to VIT more than STR will let tanks use tank accessories safely. Nobody's privy to how the math will work out, but there's no reason to assume pushing DPS won't be possible anymore.

jorgeton

I think they're giving VIT some kind of damage modifier as well.

Whynotboth.gif

Nobody actually knows what is going to happen to tank damage. We do know the stat change is largely motivated by the tank accessory situation being fundamentally unfair to tanks--fending accessories were borderline useless day one, everyone would fight over slaying accessories, and expensive melds were generally an expectation for 'serious' tanks. Changing damage to scale to VIT more than STR will let tanks use tank accessories safely. Nobody's privy to how the math will work out, but there's no reason to assume pushing DPS won't be possible anymore.

Hmm. Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I guess we'll see what the change really means.

Either way I now have to grind tomes for new i200 VIT accessories :(

Hmm, not saying pushing dps won't be possible and correct me if I'm missing something but if both Str and Vit will affect damage wouldn't that mean that tank dps will inevitably go down because accessories don't have both stas? It could be minor if Str weights really low or if Str+Vit>Current Str, but I doubt it.

Sorian

Banned
Hmm, not saying pushing dps won't be possible and correct me if I'm missing something but if both Str and Vit will affect damage wouldn't that mean that tank dps will inevitably go down because accessories don't have both stas? It could be minor if Str weights really low or if Str+Vit>Current Str, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure the idea is to make STR near useless for tanks with VIT picking up all of that slack. They don't want this to be a nerf or a buff just a straight use VIT instead of STR. How it'll work in practice is a "who knows" though because SE.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what are the best disciplines for crafting for a medium armor wearing DPS? Aside from leartherworking.

there are so many, I can't choose.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
what are the best disciplines for crafting for a medium armor wearing DPS? Aside from leartherworking.

Depends what you mean by medium. Rogue, Archer and Pugilist use Weaver, Leatherworker and Goldsmith stuff mainly (with leatherworker also making some Pugilist weapons), with a small scattering of some Armourer reciples.

Ken

The name of this patch was "Return of the Waifu" right?

Minfilia does nothing for me. She also has a pitiful amount of fan art compared to Y'shtola and PC Mi'qotes and lalafells.

I think the Heavens Ward Elezens have more fanart than Minfilia.

WolvenOne

Okay, time to generate some conversation.

So, what new Job could they introduce that'd get you the most hyped?

Conversely

What new Job would disappoint you the most?

Sorian

Banned
Minfilia does nothing for me. She also has a pitiful amount of fan art compared to Y'shtola and PC Mi'qotes and lalafells.

I think the Heavens Ward Elezens have more fanart than Minfilia.

It's too bad that Y'shtola is such a bland looking mi'qote.

We all know that Yda is the real queen anyway.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Depends what you mean by medium. Rogue, Archer and Pugilist use Weaver, Leatherworker and Goldsmith stuff mainly (with leatherworker also making some Pugilist weapons), with a small scattering of some Armourer reciples.

the leather amor is the one that gives bonuses to dex, so I always use that kind of armor. For my Rogue anyway.

BadRNG

It will depend how much it weights, yeah, assuming it's some combo of the two to equal 1 attack power.

current gear stats, full str acc: +779 str +576 vit .5 share (389.5 288 677 AP) .7 (233.7 403.2 636.9)
current gear stats, full vit acc: 544 str 821 vit .5 (272 410.5 682.5) .7 (163.2 574.7 737.9) with level 60 +35 vit food be 599.2 or 762.4 AP .8 (108.8 656.8 765.6) food be 684.8 or 793.6

So a 80-90 point loss in vit gear from current 779 full str AP if they just half it on both, though you still beat out full STR post-change and from there the higher the vit weight goes the better it gets, actually beating out old STR gear at 80% vit 20% STR. Food actually giving a main stat damage boost is nice.

If they don't make it a shared amount just to equal 1 AP it gets more interesting, as even .6 AP each is an immediate improvement over old gear, at 819 ap in full vit. .6 vit and .5 str would put you just over old gear with food at 785.6. .55 each and it's 770 with food. Now I kind of want them to do a combo like that, closer to the .6 each simply because we will see some overall loss due to secondary stats being better on STR gear.
or they could fix parry

If you want to craft efficiently, or even touch the highest level stuff at cap, you will need to level pretty much all of them at some point due to cross class skills. There's no traditional system where certain classes all only wearing a type from one crafter either, leatherworker even makes some heavy armor tank stuff

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The name of this patch was "Return of the Waifu" right?
Y'know I don't really care for any of these goobers as far as I'm concerned it's just me and Alfie saving the realm while these bastards just show up to give me pointless errands.

rubius01

Since we're here and there's nothing to talk about anyway (ohohoho). Can you explain to me like I'm five why GAF doesn't allow scans?

Also, Frumix should have gotten out his mspaint skills.

something something copyright laws. something something money

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Since we're here and there's nothing to talk about anyway (ohohoho). Can you explain to me like I'm five why GAF doesn't allow scans?

Also, Frumix should have gotten out his mspaint skills.

Printed media is technically copyrighted mateiral.

Okay, time to generate some conversation.

So, what new Job could they introduce that'd get you the most hyped?

Conversely

What new Job would disappoint you the most?

Most hyped: Samurai, not so much that it might be a DPS but due to the fact that I never got to enjoy rocking one back in XI during the height of its usefulness and popularity so it a way it's something to look forward to. Combat wise I hope they make it where you can do skill chains by pressing the right sequences of weaponskills to optimize DPS while managing TP.

Like instead of positionals, you have to memorize a constant stream of weaponskill combinations to unleash skill chains (think bonus damage) every other time otherwise if you just spam the same one (or random) it'll hamper your DPS and you'll drain TP much faster. And after say, three successful skill chains you get a proc that will restore a small chunk of TP to keep you going a bit longer.

Least Hyped: Samurai... if they somehow screw it up or make it a tank. I don't want another Machinist mess where there's too much upkeep(or buttons to keep pressing) but average bards can do better than you and suddenly you get kicked from dungeons because people want to speed run. It's fine to give us dots, but don't make it to where it's a bit TOO technical.

BadRNG

something something copyright laws. something something money
They are just trying to build a community.

Least Hyped: Samurai... if they somehow screw it up or make it a tank.
Hasn't YoshiP already heavily implied it will be a tank? Something about it being the tank job for HW but they used DRK instead because they didn't want to do another Eastern class so soon to NIN?

Also tanks are the best, everything should be a tank.

WolvenOne

Honestly, I want Red Made for melee/caster hybrid, (Maybe have some sort stance dance in there that changes their attacks from one to the other,) and Samurai for Tank. The later I'll admit is namely because Samurai are traditionally heavily armored and look rather tanky.

BadRNG

I want it to be tank because
tanks are the best
it has the chance to be the first tank based around active mitigation, like a ton of skills around counterattacking and playing off what the boss is doing (or just about to do). I just want some active roles in my tanking rather than just more DPS but presses tank cooldown every minute or so.

When The mentor System comes out can we call it the Senpai system ?
Get out.

I'm just waiting for minfillia to star in a loui vuitton ad. She's the true goddess
You go with him

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Honestly, I want Red Made for melee/caster hybrid, (Maybe have some sort stance dance in there that changes their attacks from one to the other,) and Samurai for Tank. The later I'll admit is namely because Samurai are traditionally heavily armored and look rather tanky.

To make all ranged eat their shoes with jealousy it shall be an INT melee caster with no castbars.

BadRNG

To make all ranged eat their shoes with jealousy it shall be an INT melee caster with no castbars.
So...a melee with different main stat?

I'm guessing most ranged wouldn't care. If you wanted to mess with them you'd make it a ranged with no cast bars. Maybe nerf their damage though so it's not too OP, they could be support based. If it doesn't work out just give them a skill in 5.0 that adds cast bar to all their skills and makes them stand in place. I'm sure no one would mind.

Top Bottom