• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

WolvenOne

I've never wanted anything more than this. Right now.

Honestly I'm not sure where they would use dancing mad. Seems like using it for any single member of the triad would be a bit, you know, anti-climactic. I keep expecting the new Garlean Emperor to absorb them and go mad, or something like that. THAT fight would be a good place to use dancing mad.

Jayhawk

A steam sale for Lunar New Year including 66% off Endless Legend... the return of 4X gaming for the FFXIV GAF Mumble group?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, SMN 60!
1lKbthn.jpg

Geez, I had a guy getting mad at the party for just burning through the boss in Sastasha... How often do you actually bother with the bubbles since I usually never bother.

Geez, I had a guy getting mad at the party for just burning through the boss in Sastasha... How often do you actually bother with the bubbles since I usually never bother.
That is just silly. Unless dps are just straight up not doing combos and have truely terrible numbers, burning just makes sense since the adds do so little

Thorgal

well , that was something unexpected to happen in My FC .

i am not gonna post the full conversation from chat here but lets just say that a member (who left FC a while ago) left because she was being cyber stalked by another member of the FC ingame and outside of it ( PSN, FB ) .

Ofcourse guy instantly got the boot and is reported .

IvorB

well , that was something unexpected to happen in My FC .

i am not gonna post the full conversation from chat here but lets just say that a member (who left FC a while ago) left because she was being cyber stalked by another member of the FC ingame and outside of it ( PSN, FB ) .

Ofcourse guy instantly got the boot and is reported .

Seriously? How does one stalk someone ingame? Did they follow them around and watch them while skulking in the bushes?

Demoskinos

Is there currently any way to relinquish control of a personal housing plot to another player? I'm about to take me an extended break and I'd rather not all my stuff get lost to the void.

Ken

Is there currently any way to relinquish control of a personal housing plot to another player? I'm about to take me an extended break and I'd rather not all my stuff get lost to the void.

You can relinquish the plot but I think you still lose the house. Rather, you have to destroy the house and then you can relinquish the plot.

In order to relinquish a plot of land, you must first remove the estate hall and all furnishings. Once the plot is completely vacant, it can be relinquished from the Housing menu. Only individuals or free company members with the requisite authorization can perform this action.

Gil will not be refunded upon relinquishing a plot of land.
A free company will automatically relinquish its land if its estate is unused for a prolonged period of time.

aceface

Three hours last night you guys! Thankfully there's some folks around here with patience for my screwups. I will help on Thordan parties if I'm around and maybe not die so much this time.

I'm returning for patch 3.2 but I have pretty much leveled everything I want to in the game already. I already have all healers at level 60, blm at 60, and mch at 50. I will get it to 60 when I return. I am not sure what else to level beyond that. I'm scared to try tanking because it seems very stressing :O Does anyone feel that FFXIV has hit a wall in terms of endgame content? All I did while playing was cap my esoterics, void ark and Alexander. I worked at Savage but not much and I intend to fix that when Midas is out. My point is that two dungeon patches get repetitive. We have an extra trial and a supposedly interesting storyline coming, so I guess we will have to wait and see. I dunno, it gets boring very fast and I thought 3.1 was a disaster of a patch. Maybe the fact that HA will be dyeable now will make us get into coil more easily. Hmm, we will see. Don't want to ditch the game because I still have friends that play it with me. Anima is a disaster of a questline and pretty much confirmed SE had nothing new for those waiting. They disguised anima as new content when in reality it should have been a lot earlier in the game's lifespan.

Demoskinos

You can relinquish the plot but I think you still lose the house. Rather, you have to destroy the house and then you can relinquish the plot.

Well shit. I guess the best course of action is just to let the auto-demolish happen then nap all my stuff. Cause you do get like 80% of your gil back that way no?

tenchir

I got an email from square enix saying I have 10 days to enter my house or it will get demolished. So just being subscribed isn't enough to stop your house from being demolished, you also have to enter it once in a while.

Thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

In order to give as many players as possible the opportunity to use housing features in-game, estates that have not been accessed for an extended period of time will be automatically removed.

This is a notice to inform you that we have detected that the following free company estate/private estate has not been accessed, or a house has not been built on the plot of land, for an extended period of time. As the conditions for removal have been met, the estate is now being prepared for automatic removal.

Please note that the estate will be automatically removed on the Removal Date specified below unless you take the steps described under the Deactivating the Automatic Removal section below before such date.

blah blah blah

■Deactivating the Automatic Removal
Preparations for the automatic removal will be deactivated if at least one member of a free company accesses the free company estate, or if the owner of a private estate enters their house at least once before the Removal Date.
To confirm whether the automatic removal status has been deactivated, please go to the “Timers” interface section in-game. If the “Preparing for automatic removal” status has disappeared, this will indicate that the deactivation was successful.

*Please note that the automatic removal status will not be deactivated if a housemate through the house-sharing feature enters a private estate instead of the actual owner.

Eldren

I just got my Almandal Awoken and I only just noticed it has different stats to the Antiquated version. My stat weight maths is probably a bit rubbish but am I right in thinking the Antiquated version is actually better? 92 Crit/64 SpS vs Awoken's 62 Det/92 SpS. That's a whole bunch of spell speed (and the anima has even more...) but I don't know how good it is for SMNs these days even after the buff it got. Anyone more knowledgeable than me care to weigh in?

Ken

I'm returning for patch 3.2 but I have pretty much leveled everything I want to in the game already. I already have all healers at level 60, blm at 60, and mch at 50. I will get it to 60 when I return. I am not sure what else to level beyond that. I'm scared to try tanking because it seems very stressing :O Does anyone feel that FFXIV has hit a wall in terms of endgame content? All I did while playing was cap my esoterics, void ark and Alexander. I worked at Savage but not much and I intend to fix that when Midas is out. My point is that two dungeon patches get repetitive. We have an extra trial and a supposedly interesting storyline coming, so I guess we will have to wait and see. I dunno, it gets boring very fast and I thought 3.1 was a disaster of a patch. Maybe the fact that HA will be dyeable now will make us get into coil more easily. Hmm, we will see. Don't want to ditch the game because I still have friends that play it with me. Anima is a disaster of a questline and pretty much confirmed SE had nothing new for those waiting. They disguised anima as new content when in reality it should have been a lot earlier in the game's lifespan.

Yeah, game is dead. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic.

iammeiam

One day I won't jump into Heavy Impact rings as they're detonating. One day. Said day was not yesterday.

I just got my Almandal Awoken and I only just noticed it has different stats to the Antiquated version. My stat weight maths is probably a bit rubbish but am I right in thinking the Antiquated version is actually better? 92 Crit/64 SpS vs Awoken's 62 Det/92 SpS. That's a whole bunch of spell speed (and the anima has even more...) but I don't know how good it is for SMNs these days even after the buff it got. Anyone more knowledgeable than me care to weigh in?

Current stat weights.

(92*.147) + (64*.12) = 21.2

(62*.137) + (92*.12) = 19.5

Rounding slightly because lazy. Since same iLevel, INT and WD are the same between the two. So, yeah, go with the one with Crit.

Relic at i210 is quite a bit better than the i200 Eso weapon and also the i205 Thordan weapon, thanks to the WD it gains, so it's not as bad as say the MCH relic, but given multiple weapons at the same iLevel the Relic will often be not the best option for SMN.

Yeah, game is dead. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic.

That must be a meme on here. I don't think the game is dead. I do think it is becoming ridiculously stale though. There are only a handful of things to do when you grind for a whole set of armour and then it becomes obsolete by the next tomestone. Raiding is something to do but I would rather plan those kinds of things with friends rather than people on the pf. I mean, pf is fine and all but some people can be rude. I know someone will reply to this and say welcome to mmos or online gaming, but this is my first and only mmo I play.

I guess I wish that Square Enix can listen to what the community wants and not recycle content like Anima. I did the zeta when it got nerfed and got mine the day anima came out. I wasn't surprised to see that fate grinding was involved again and grinding x number of tomes.

Eldren

Current stat weights.

(92*.147) + (64*.12) = 21.2

(62*.137) + (92*.12) = 19.5

Rounding slightly because lazy. Since same iLevel, INT and WD are the same between the two. So, yeah, go with the one with Crit.

Relic at i210 is quite a bit better than the i200 Eso weapon and also the i205 Thordan weapon, thanks to the WD it gains, so it's not as bad as say the MCH relic, but given multiple weapons at the same iLevel the Relic will often be not the best option for SMN.

Oh those are actually the sums I did so I guess my maths wasn't too bad after all. Yeah I had a feeling that's how it would turn out. Eventually I'll get to the relic but for me it'll probably stay competitive because I'm not really into raiding, so I don't really need a super stacked bleeding edge book. Not bad for a filthy casual weapon I suppose.

IvorB

Can anyone explain what's going on with this level 50 rogue skill, Trick Attack? It says it can only be executed under the effect of Hide which makes it pretty much useless. When I check online it says it can be done under the effect of Suiton also but there is no mention of this in the game. What's the deal?

Eldren

Can anyone explain what's going on with this level 50 rogue skill, Trick Attack? It says it can only be executed under the effect of Hide which makes it pretty much useless. When I check online it says it can be done under the effect of Suiton also but there is no mention of this in the game. What's the deal?

If you do Ten -> Chi -> Jin (or Chi Ten Jin) and activate it your target gets hit with a spout of water (Suiton) which gives you 10 seconds to use Trick Attack. It effectively grants you Hide I guess. The tooltip isn't very helpful in that regard.

Grisby

I feel like I am gonna be all alone playing this now, while everyone else waits for updates. Until what lvl can I solo?
You can solo to 60. I mean, for MSQ/faster leveling you'll want to do dungeons, which require some other folk, but you don't need heavy communication in those areas (just watch a video or something on it first if you can).

This is a very friendly single player game.

I've had the game installed on my PS4 for awhile, but I've been hesitant about using my free trial until I have ample time to play. But curiosity is getting the best of me, so I think I'm going to start. Which server is everyone on? And will I be able to have a decent time with this game if I can only play for 1-2 hour sessions?

edit: Ultros, I see!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I just broke Kawazi's new PC. Hope you guys done need him next week.

Top Bottom