• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Wait... so If I'm understanding this right, they're going to let you glamour any piece of gear without job/class restrictions?

Because if so, that would be magnificent. I've become a bit of a glamourholic with my MNK, and envy tank gear but I don't care for tanking in general.

No, they never said that

As I say to all of the giraffe haters in my FC, while you all starve down near the earth, I will be eating the greenest and tastiest leaves from the tallest trees.

Plebs.

Damn straight! Hahahaha. My character was a hyur fem midlander at first that I created in the trial. I noticed how plain she was and many MANY characters in the game resembled her. That was the death knell for my Hyur and the birth of my Elf.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When is SE going to wise up and charge us for wearing another race's starting gear/hempen sets?

Eldren

Dying the starting gear without a recipe is a godsend. Based Yoshi.

When is SE going to wise up and charge us for wearing another race's starting gear/hempen sets?

Literally the one single solitary downside of playing a female Elezen
no racism from you lot please
is that their hempen set is terrible. The top is alright I suppose, if you ignore the sleeves, but the legs are by far the worst, second only to maybe a Lala's gear. I don't think there are any decent shorts for a FemElezen.

Dying the starting gear without a recipe is a godsend. Based Yoshi.

is that their hempen set is terrible. The top is alright I suppose, if you ignore the sleeves, but the legs are by far the worst, second only to maybe a Lala's gear. I don't think there are any decent shorts for a FemElezen.

Glad I have about 10-12 pure white dye waiting for me in my retainer's inventory. I always loved the Elezen gown but the downside is that you couldn't dye it. The piece of gear is probably one of the best sets in the entire game. Hempen is pretty damn terrible though but like you said, the top is pretty bearable.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/964dd043d0d/ These aren't so bad if you want shorts.

Eldren

Glad I have about 10-12 pure white dye waiting for me in my retainer's inventory. I always loved the Elezen gown but the downside is that you couldn't dye it. The piece of gear is probably one of the best sets in the entire game. Hempen is pretty damn terrible though but like you said, the top is pretty bearable.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/964dd043d0d/ These aren't so bad if you want shorts.

Those are nice yeah. The main problem is that 99% of leg gear on female characters come up to their belly button and just looks really stupid. Aside from certain items (or specific parts of those items) not being dyeable that's my biggest pet peeve with the gear in this game. Which I realise is really petty when you think about how dodgy some of the secondary stats are on top tier gear sets, but glamour is the true endgame.

Ataxia

Picked this up on sale. Sent a request to the GAF guild :3

Only a level 8 Archer right now. I want to try to magic jobs though

This is pretty fantastic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45wsu4/huge_blm_cast_speed_exploit_discovered_someone/

The comments are kind of cesspit, but someone dug up a video of the method that was being used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEiNB_vpmo

tl;dr: BLM abuses the stutter-step cast mechanic by some means to give himself ridiculously short cast times. Posts logs on fflogs anyway.

(Personal übermensch highlight from the comments:
"It's not an exploit. It's not a bug. It's not a hack. It's an oversight--and it's been in the game since Heavensward launched.
It's been publicly mentioned in-game and on Reddit before, and no, this BLM isn't the first or the only. This practice is widespread in top-end statics, especially Japanese ones, and so it should come as no surprise that they don't want you scrutinizing their logs and accusing them of exploiting.
One of the problems with the FF14 community is that you're all followers. You all follow one strategy for every boss fight, you all use one parser, you all copy the same DPS "rotations"--even when those strategies, parsers, and rotations are wrong or inefficient. Knowing that 99% of the FF14 playerbase just copies what's already been done, it shouldn't come as a surprise that certain mechanics are never taken advantage of by the majority of players.")

The JP equivalent of Duty Commenced brought this up. The dev team is aware of the issue. It sounds like they confirmed it is not an in-game exploit after analyzing real-time game logs, meaning the person used a third-party device (cheat/hack). The BLM in question has removed all FFLOGs entries associated with their character, so pretty obvious something foul was going on.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esTcwIXJa4&feature=youtu.be&t=1h58m8s

JSoup

Banned
Does using Fantasia also change my event items? I'd imagine not, but the hairstyles probably, right? I only ask because I'm still a tad annoyed that only female characters got Lightening's hair style in the Lightening Returns event.

Ken

Does using Fantasia also change my event items? I'd imagine not, but the hairstyles probably, right? I only ask because I'm still a tad annoyed that only female characters got Lightening's hair style in the Lightening Returns event.

Calamity Salvager offers exchange on event items.

Males got Snow hair for that event so it probably just checks if you have it unlocked and will give you the appropriate one.

Wilsongt

Unfortunately it comes with being an Elezen.

Armor the hides the neck makes it a bit more bearable. Still have to deal with some bad emotes and animations unfortunately.

44975371.jpg

So salty.

Teknoman

Does have a point about the all follow one strategy...then again with how restrictive the battle system is...how can we break free of that? The stat, armor, and limit break systems are all set to where they limit your abilities, so there isn't much leeway.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Their hempen set kinda sucks. Their starting gear is fantastic though.
So salty.
But I am one
for now.

JP20160216_9.png

Forgot this was being added. #1 reason to keep playing for now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They don't really have a point because using CheatEngine isn't "thinking outside of the box", it's just cheating.

Assumed strategies are also important to have in a game with such wide use of pick-up groups. Japanese are particularly big on assumed strategies that everybody just does for compatibility purposes.

There's still a lot to optimize and discover in this game for people curious enough.

Teknoman

They don't really have a point because using CheatEngine isn't "thinking outside of the box", it's just cheating.

Assumed strategies are also important to have in a game with such wide use of pick-up groups. Japanese are particularly big on assumed strategies that everybody just does for compatibility purposes.

There's still a lot to optimize and discover in this game for people curious enough.

Honestly im also complaining that i'll never have a chance to use my limit break ; ;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The best battle in the game requires tank Lb! At the coolest part!!

Or did...lv 60 gearing probably gets around it now.
I never did Alex Savage, but is that T13 phase transition really the only time when the tank lb is actually useful?

JSoup

Banned
Another question: Currently at i151, doing the daily grind for Law. My old relic weapon just got to Atma level. Worth finishing it to get current level weapon or just do the FATE grinds?

Good work on Bismarck EX/Ravana EX Helbras.

Can't believe we managed to clear both in one day.

I thought I would be stuck on Bismarck EX for a few days at least but we managed it somehow.

Now all that's left is to do Thordan before the patch hits.

MogCakes

Does have a point about the all follow one strategy...then again with how restrictive the battle system is...how can we break free of that? The stat, armor, and limit break systems are all set to where they limit your abilities, so there isn't much leeway.

Mike D posted it up there:
It sounds like they confirmed it is not an in-game exploit after analyzing real-time game logs, meaning the person used a third-party device (cheat/hack).

That guy on Reddit mouthing off was just talking out his ass to feel superior. If in fact he was in on this hack then either he's in Count Brusef's static and will be banned hopefully along with the rest of them, or he will now be more careful to keep his mouth shut and he'd better be wary not to use this when in a party with randoms, now that the secret's out.

KuroNeeko

I tried making an Elezen, I really did.

I like how she looked, but the casting animations and the stiffness in her arms / hands felt awkward to me.

I went back to Miqo'te as I played a Mithra in XI.

Seems like the Moon tribe is a LOT more common than the Sun Seekers.
#miqo'te discrimination

Village

Ok, the game seems really good and fun so far, close to dragoon status.

On the way there doing the story missions, there was this guy I forgot his name. He was in the part with the hooded girl, he was harassing her and threw his goons at me. He made me realized, these folks hair is entirely too nice for the time period being presented. Dude has a 808's and heartbreak ye era hair cut, looking like he's from Jerusalem , this shit is hilarious.

Teknoman

I wish they didnt spoil Sefirot's giant form in the trailer. How awesome would that have been for it to happen without players expecting it?

Top Bottom