• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Village

Im not even talking about having to do em. Im mean when you trying to do other stuff and they are in the way.

"Oh you wanted to do a mission, odin is just here and 25 levels higher than you. Eat shit. And he wont go for at least 20 minutes."

IvorB

Outstanding, thank you. That rotation looks simple enough and something I can make a habit after some time with a target dummy. I'll be picking through that forum post as well, thanks for that. In dungeon, the tank kept saying that when I get to 1K mana left, just Flare, Transpose, Ice 3, Enochain, Ice 4, Fire 3, Fire 4 and start my pattern over from there, but I ran into the issue of Transpose not being off cooldown before it was time to use it again.

If you want to be adventurous you can Fire IV -> Swiftcast -> Flare -> Convert -> Fire IV. Fire IV chaining into Flare is a beautiful thing to behold.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I dont think they have a clue what they want to do with GC ranks
IIRC theyre not adding new ranks till they add dungeon runs with NPCs. Something about them wanting the new ranks to be tied to you being a commander in your GC leading a squad of NPCs.

Q10: In a previous interview, you mentioned that we will able to tackle instanced dungeons by ourselves. Are there still plans to implement this feature?

A10: Yes, there are still plans to implement this feature. While there isn’t too much we can reveal at this time, just to give you a preview, we are currently discussing a new type of content where you will control your own unit for your grand company, add NPCs in your unit, and take them to dungeons to level them up.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Q-A-Updates?p=2609847&viewfull=1#post2609847

Finaland : Will the new GC ranks be available in a near future?

Yoshida : Just adding new rank is really easy, but the reason why we don’t do it is … There is a reason behind it. When the rank is unlocked, what you gonna do is just earn the point to get to this level right? That’s not really interesting… We are looking into building a team, in GC, like building your own army.

So when we will implement this kind of new content then we want to also simultaneously unlock the rank, and the more rank, the more soldier you can recruit or the more variation of soldier you can recruit.

So it is important to have some link between this content and also unlocking new ranks otherwise it won’t be interesting! So when we’ll have this new content then we will unlock the GC ranks.

http://www.ffxiv-eorzea.com/en/inte...hida-french-japan-expo-2015/?noredirect=en_US

BadRNG

Sounds exciting. I believe at Captain rank you will gain access to the mod API, and at Champion rank you can fight wild roaming primals.

IIRC theyre not adding new ranks till they add dungeon runs with NPCs. Something about them wanting the new ranks to be tied to you being a commander in your GC leading a squad of NPCs.

Still waiting for the in-world primal battles :p

Though with Diadem, I can see them adding world primals to that kind of thing.

Allard

I wonder if this is content supposedly found in the dengeki interview (still waiting for a proper translation so it might be a mistranslation) for 3.2.

In 3.3 there will be a new 1-4 players battle content coming, so no new diadem map.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/46exyt/dengeki_32_interview_recap/

It does kinda counter what was stated in the 4gamer interview that actually did get a proper translation that said big diadem changes coming in 3.3 but maybe that just means they plan to change existing diadem content in 3.3 rather then add a new map. I also did a quick amateur translation (Google translate lol) and it clearly states new 1-4 player 'genre' content in 3.3.

But lets say the summary translation is correct for a sec, I wonder if that means we are going to start seeing the churning of war again by the end of the 3.2 story-line. There needs to be some kind of spark that would initiate the need for such action.

ebil

Having a squad of NPCs would make sense if 4.0 is headed to Ala Mhigo I guess.

Hopefully Ishgard will have its own GC by then!

Took a quick glimpse at the patch notes.

Paladin changes are actually pretty nice! I wouldn't get too excited about the enmity enhancements on all tanks as those adjustments are probably due to overall lowered damage output due to the way STR and VIT will work now.

dramatis

For lazy bums like nin poo

h5yp69M.jpg

If I ballsed something up I ballsed it up

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Thanks Drama.

So are we going to get a new subtitle for the thread on patch day?

MogCakes

Houses Haillenarte and Fortemps are two of the best households in the entire game. Ishgard in general has NPCs with more personality than any of the other city states. Hell even Houses Durendaire and Dzemael have had copious development throughout the story, even in ARR. I can't name another MMO where I enjoy and look forward to NPC dialogue.

MogCakes

So I tried PVP for the first time today in several runs. My impressions:

-Adders are the redheaded stepchildren. They consistently fall into 3rd place.
-Flames are assholes
-Being in Maelstrom is like playing Hide and Seek. We're always running away

Teknoman

So I tried PVP for the first time today in several runs. My impressions:

-Adders are the redheaded stepchildren. They consistently fall into 3rd place.
-Flames are assholes
-Being in Maelstrom is like playing Hide and Seek. We're always running away

I've been meaning to get back into PVP as well. My only experience is from the PVP nights GAF used to have.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gathering 51+ is super fun thanks to collectables and scrips. I hope spending all this money on equipment will pay back once I hit 60.

Started this a few days ago again on Moogle (EU). Haven't played since Open Beta/First Month so I figure I need to catch up.
I also don't have the expansion but my FC says it's not necessary until 50.

I really like how it's not changed much in Early game so I can follow the steps I did before. Only major difference is there are not many people in the the starting areas (but still a decent amount of new players). No more lines in front of the sword in Central Shroud either. :p

As in the past I am putting an emphasis on the gathering/crafting jobs instead of the combat one (CNJ in my case). I really like the idea of gathering and crafting all by myself, without spending much, preparing for future combat challenges with great equipment and potentially making a lot of money. I am aware that this is way slower but I am in no hurry. Besides, it's also kind of relaxing. :)

We'll see how it pays off and how long I'll stay.

Top Bottom