• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

scy

Best I can tell the dummies are super lenient. If they aren't different, it's not even 1k DPS to beat the A4S one so eh.

Edit: ~1360 for the SMN one it looks like, so pretty low all things considered.

Omni

Best I can tell the dummies are super lenient. If they aren't different, it's not even 1k DPS to beat the A4S one so eh.

Edit: ~1360 for the SMN one it looks like, so pretty low all things considered.

Huuuuuuuuge frame rate issues on PS4 while using those dummies. o.0

BadRNG

So tanks got hit a lot harder than Yoshi-P was implying, nearly 200 attack power lost, a good 20-30% dmg decrease. Also crafted accessories, the old i150 ones, are still better than 210 raid gear. In fact now they are better than both full str and full vit. It's almost 30 extra AP over full vit, for only 2k less hp.

It looks like roughly .5 for both vit and STR per AP, you just get more vit per ilevel so vit ends up being slightly better. I am guessing everyone will just put in a STR V in every right side piece from now on.

BadRNG

We traded (MSQ spoiler)
Minfilia
for a
Poroggo Minion

No regrets.
If she stays dead this will be the greatest fucking patch ever.

Probably won't though. They'll find a way to restore her body or something since her mind is in the aether or some bullshit.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
New hairstyles are really great.
ZEkxgmz.jpg

I used to be able to body any melee dps 1vs1 in pvp but holy shit that isnt case anymore.

Thanks for the nerf, SE. And thanks to the STR tanks for not staying Lowkey like in 2.3-2.5

Zomba13

Weird. I can't use my DS4 touchpad as a mouse while FFXIV is the active window anymore (using DS4Windows). It works instantly when I don't have it as the active window.

Gotta head to work soon but have any tanks that were all STR noticed any differences with VIT being the star of the show? Won't be able to see how it affects my DRK until later this evening.

Ken

The new poses are totemo kawaii.

Last two MSQ award them.

Can't stay up any more so I expect savage to be cleared when I get up.

scy

Gotta head to work soon but have any tanks that were all STR noticed any differences with VIT being the star of the show? Won't be able to see how it affects my DRK until later this evening.

It's fairly shitty, to be honest. Looking at around a 20% drop-off all-in-all, a bit less ironically if I keep with old pentamelded accessories vs i210.

I'm hyped for the tank salt. 15% damage nerf is pretty big.

The absolute best part is ... it didn't even solve the VIT v STR gearing thing.

Tiops

If true, there's nothing "hype" about that at all. =/
Hyped about the salt in the official forums. The new content is probably balanced around these changes, so it'll probably not hurt the groups.

The absolute best part is ... it didn't even solve the VIT v STR gearing thing.

Not for the old equipment, but we'll have to see how it'll work out for the new gear. The only reason to meld STR on tank equipment now is for when the VIT is already capped on it.

scy

Not for the old equipment, but we'll have to see how it'll work out for the new gear. The only reason to meld STR on tank equipment now is for when the VIT is already capped on it.

Unless the HP is absolutely mandatory, Parry slots are better served as STR + VIT Melds as opposed to VIT + STR melds. Which, to be fair, seems to be a completely avoidable issue this tier at least since there's no "forced" parry slot.

Edit: Though the argument could be made against both Fending earrings at least.

It's fairly shitty, to be honest. Looking at around a 20% drop-off all-in-all, a bit less ironically if I keep with old pentamelded accessories vs i210.

That's interesting. Wish I had done tests before the patch. I'm curious to see how other tanks comment over the next few days.

Hyped about the salt in the official forums. The new content is probably balanced around these changes, so it'll probably not hurt the groups.

Ah, in that case I take back what I said lol.

scy

That's interesting. Wish I had done tests before the patch. I'm curious to see how other tanks comment over the next few days.

For what it's worth, it might be a bit better off with food, party buff, pots, etc. Plus it's kind of funny to have 20k in DPS gear I suppose. I'll repeat parses when ACT is fully functional to see if it's messing up things.

Tiops

Unless the HP is absolutely mandatory, Parry slots are better served as STR + VIT Melds as opposed to VIT + STR melds. Which, to be fair, seems to be a completely avoidable issue this tier at least since there's no "forced" parry slot.

Edit: Though the argument could be made against both Fending earrings at least.

But you can't overmeld primary stats, right? The max you could meld for VIT/STR would be +15, if I understand correctly.

Also, a Midan Earring of Slaying gives 61 STR, while a Midan Earring of Fending gives 66 VIT, which would mean a higher damage.

scy

But you can't overmeld primary stats, right? The max you could meld for VIT/STR would be +15, if I understand correctly.

Also, a Midan Earring of Slaying gives 61 STR, while a Midan Earring of Fending gives 66 VIT, which would mean a higher damage.

And due to the change in STR/VIT weighting, you only need the secondaries to make up that 5 VIT gap if you're replacing Parry. It's around ~3-ish Crit, for instance, per VIT now due to the weighting change so if you gain 16+ Crit, you're coming ahead.

Tiops

And due to the change in STR/VIT weighting, you only need the secondaries to make up that 5 VIT gap if you're replacing Parry. It's around ~3-ish Crit, for instance, per VIT now due to the weighting change so if you gain 16+ Crit, you're coming ahead.

Oh, I see. With smart melds you could have advantage with the secondary stats. But even then, I think I'll just gear my PLD with Fending stuff, for now. Will wait for the crazy people to do the calculations to check if the DPS difference will compensate the thousands of HP we'll lose with slaying gear.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Boo, Gaia datacenter is dead. It's been a while since this happened. Right after Mana got up, too.

aceface

Midas is unbelieveable.
Gondai is amazing.

Is it Gondai who designs the battles? From fan fest I got the impression that he's the battle director, but he supervises others who actually design the battles, for example the infamous "Mr. D" who they said did all of second and final coil.

Tiops

7 weeks to get the Lore weapon (as it needs 7 Midas Gears). I need a pretty table explaining how should I proceed with my weekly caps for maximum efficiency.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is it Gondai who designs the battles? From fan fest I got the impression that he's the battle director, but he supervises others who actually design the battles, for example the infamous "Mr. D" who they said did all of second and final coil.

D is Gondai isn't he?

iammeiam

So occasionally I watch cutscenes.

Some of the time, this really connects me with my character.

Because we were pretty much making the same face when I went to watch the post-Antitower cutscene in the inn.

Stalk

Does anyone know if the Brand-new ring stacks with the refer-a-friend feather?

EDIT: Ah hadn't seen that someone else had asked. My bad

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I got to run Lost City of Amdapor HM before work this morning. Whole group went in blind, so it was a real fun time. Pretty interesting mechanics on the bosses.

Zelias

Banned
How tedious are they? 30% more exp is sure tempting.
They're incredibly basic (the trials are stuff like 'don't get hit by AoEs', 'attack the same target as the tank', 'deal with adds') but it didn't take that long. Maybe about 20-30 minutes total for me? Wasn't really keeping track.

Would this stack with the armory bonus?
Just tested with the ring and that moogle hat that gives +20% EXP up to level 10. It stacks.

Village

I dont get back from uni untill later, but when i do im interested in seeing the new hair and poses.

I also need to get to 45, almost there. Then i get the 1st cool dragoon stuff.

aceface

D is Gondai isn't he?

I didn't think so? From fan fest, this is Gondai talking:

Mr. G: Mr A worked on Howling Eye Extreme, WP, DD. Mr. B worked on CT, Battle on Big Bridge and Odin Battle. Mr C worked on Bowl of Embers X, Whorleater X, ST and all quest battles. Mr D worked on The Navel Extreme, Ultimate’s Bane, and Coil 2. He is referred to as “The God”. Mr Alpha worked on coil, thorn march and striking tree extreme. Final Coil of Bahamut is being worked on by Mr D.

So, unless he is talking about himself in the 3rd person and referring to himself as "The God" I don't think it's him.

Top Bottom