• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Grisby

Must collect Lore tombs. If only the damn PVP stuff didn't take so long to get into.

Also, I really want to get back home and start playing. Stupid work, :(

Teknoman

So whats with them keeping custom stat points again?

Also thats why I like experiencing dungeons and battles when they are fresh for everyone. None of that read strategy/watch video junk. Not against strategies and whatnot, but I still miss actually talking to people about strategies before battle.

WolvenOne

it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming, on days like, I really ought to be playing the new patch instead of being stuck at work. T_T

#burninginhell.

it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming, on days like, I really ought to be playing the new patch instead of being stuck at work. T_T

#burninginhell.

I feel you except instead of stuck at work I'm stuck in bed sick and on some meds that really make gaming/thinking/moving hard

studyguy

Where the fuck are my extreme joke weapons YoshiP? I need something this stupid on my class too.
tumblr_o30jzycyUJ1tzoo9so2_400.png
tumblr_o30jzycyUJ1tzoo9so3_400.png

tumblr_o30jzycyUJ1tzoo9so1_400.png

Oh... the requirements are
you go alexandrite farming again. 50 in fact, 10 thavarian mists, fights some primals.
Fug.

Zomba13

Where the fuck are my extreme joke weapons YoshiP? I need something this stupid on my class too.

Oh... the requirements are
you go alexandrite farming again. 50 in fact, 10 thavarian mists, fights some primals.
Fug.

Why do MNKs get all the cool weapons? Bare fists, FIRE HANDS, KETTLES!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
New BLM emote is the smug Shantotto/Karin laugh?

This pleases me.

*edit*
30e8891e3f.jpg

Not at all what I expected from caster gear (save for the skirt part). This is pretty cool.

Finished the new Main storyline quests.

Those new emotes are fucking amazing. Love them! As for the story itself....

Huge improvement. Minfillia is probably gone for good and still useless as ever but it was still nice to see her in some form. I actually really liked the grand melee and the climax to Nidhogg's advent. Nice tease of the WOD at the end as well. The mask at the end looked very similar to the mask in Gods of Eld. Same thing?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yoshi said DPS checks would be lax and 8400 DPS over 2:40 is apparently not enough to make it in time for Hummelfaust enrage (4% remaining).
He said he wouldn't make primals as hard as Thordan and Sephirot EX is pretty much that level.
I don't think that guy is very much in touch with things he says.
I guess it begs to see what actual bosses' DPS requirements are like, but with the lesser tank DPS, if we'd gone back to A4S right now, I think we'd run a real risk of enrage.

But! The patch has been pretty swell otherwise, even with our tanks complaining non-stop about the damage nerf (which is fairly serious and even causes enmity issues).

studyguy

ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES TO HOME FREE COME ON I NEED TO GO HOME TO BE ABLE TO COME HERE AND FORMALLY BITCH ABOUT BITCHING INGAME

Patch days sure are fun.

iammeiam

Decide to do EX primals for that one quest

Discover full extent of how terrible tank nerfs are

Finish Ifrit, get pony, zone out, 90k. Heard the item drop noise though so hopeful we don't have to redo it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about halfway through the login queue that started at 1,047 on Ultros.

I don't remember the line being this big even when Heavensward dropped.

iammeiam

The game is apparently kicking everyone on a Primal server out any time they enter/leave an instance or try to move between zones. Combined with heavier than normal patch traffic, and there's a lot of people pounding at the door to get back in. I'm working my way through the line a second time expecting to be denied again, but you gotta try.

Sounds similar to what hit the other data centers earlier?

I'm sure the patch brought a lot of people back but the queue is big because everyone got booted and several servers are down. I've been through 1000+ queue multiple times and keep getting booted because it can't connect.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure the patch brought a lot of people back but the queue is big because everyone got booted and several servers are down. I've been through 1000+ queue multiple times and keep getting booted because it can't connect.

Yeah, I got booted back out as it tried to load me in. Now a 1,200+ player queue. :D

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Every server now open for character creation it seems? Everything on primal at least.

Squishy3

Every server now open for character creation it seems? Everything on primal at least.
It's because nobody can log in.

That's what happened at launch, duty servers crapped out. Will we see 1017 again? :eek:

Get this fixed before I log on tonight SE pls
They already fixed it for chaos early this morning (which would have been EU primetime) so now it's NA's turn to die.

It took them an hour of emergency maintenance to fix it for Chaos, and we'll probably see the emergency maintenance for Primal show up relatively soon.

Tirod

Got home a little earlier from work, so I run to my PS4 to get a haircut and at least renew my ventures before heading off to my tax filing appointment but NOPE.

I have to go to the vet afterwards too, and by the time I come I really hope there isn't an emergency maintenance.

Ugh.

Top Bottom