• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Zetta

Got home a little earlier from work, so I run to my PS4 to get a haircut and at least renew my ventures before heading off to my tax filing appointment but NOPE.

I have to go to the vet afterwards too, and by the time I come I really hope there isn't an emergency maintenance.

Ugh.

Sadly Tirod I see an emergency maintenance coming soon.

Damn... maintenance again. The one time I want to actually play FFXIV and the servers royally fucks up. Oh well, it is only an hour. Back to Street fighter V (server sucks on there as well)

Teknoman

So there really is no reason to drop bonus points in STR for tanks now? Are there any jobs that benefit from a mixing of bonus attribute points these days, or is everything just fill main stat, and extra stuff from accessories?

Sifl

Summary of today: I know it's your first time here, but why don't you know how to do this perfectly yet? Actually nvm, we wiped once and that's 1 too many times for me so I'm leaving.

Summary of today: I know it's your first time here, but why don't you know how to do this perfectly yet? Actually nvm, we wiped once and that's 1 too many times for me so I'm leaving.

So many people talk shit then go quiet once they make a mistake.

They expect grizzled 24-hour per day practice level static play.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not looking forward to this. Game had such a shit community sometimes.

JSoup

Banned

Now, see, if this was WoW, it would have gone:
"Actually nvm, we wiped once and are going to vote kick the lowest DPS, then repeat this for the next hour until we max out stacks of determination and still have the same problem."

For the non-WoW players, determination stacks are the same as Echo stacks.

Ya'll got me scared I'm getting off to play some more Fire Emblem. But I'm Aether data center and we seem to be ok and we're usually the problem child of all the data centers.

Oh and about 3.2 so fun. Holy fuck Sephirot is fun as hell.

Zomba13

Sounds like every patch day.

Luckily (or unluckily as now I'm a day behind and I'm now worthless unless I watch the pro strats) I only did the Antitower and that was with 2 GAF members and we were all new and it was fine.

Teknoman

Sounds like every patch day.

Luckily (or unluckily as now I'm a day behind and I'm now worthless unless I watch the pro strats) I only did the Antitower and that was with 2 GAF members and we were all new and it was fine.

I know at this point I sound like that guy who refuses to watch videos...but...I still think people should be intelligent enough to come up with a plan after the first wipe, or even mid battle. My most enjoyable times in this game are teaming up with GAF or others for relatively new content, going in blind, and succeeding after figuring out the mechanics.

Fraxin

Anyone bought the Heavensward artbook here?

I was wondering if there's a difference between the US version compared to the JP one, since the former seems more expensive.

Tomat

They accepted a healer into the group but the stipulation being if the healer joined, their ninja friend automatically gets a spot so no spot for me anymore.

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Went through the A3S SSS trial and only managed to clear it with 5 seconds left. That was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Are you supposed to use food/pots for these? I'm assuming not.

*edit* Turns out I'm just bad :V

katagai

Anyone bought the Heavensward artbook here?

I was wondering if there's a difference between the US version compared to the JP one, since the former seems more expensive.

I imported mine from Japan, but I was under the assumption that they were both the same? The Japanese version has english text, but it didn't seem like everything was translated when I looked through it.

Omni

Started today off with just 50 thousand gil or something. Finished with 2.5 million

Someone put a Grade V materia on the market board for 25k, so I bought and sold it. Feels good.

Tomat

Just a heads up, the SSS trials like to put all your cooldowns on cooldown if you leave mid-fight.

Top Bottom