• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maybe tomorrow night. You'll have to fight Galen first though.

Looking at BRD stat weights and all the lore gear without crit.... crafted BRD stuff might last a long time.

You need stuff that comes from eso for it yeah? I'm sitting on a bunch right now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
v72r3zC.jpg

Better than expected, the barrel dyes as well.

Reszo

I don't know what I'm going to do if I dont get the Jacket of the Falling Dragon bodypiece for NIN. But I have to do PVP and be ranked 49. -_-

LTTP: got my first piece of Midas gear and I'm realizing it can be melded.

Time to convince someone in my FC to meld some spellspeed on it.

Valor

I feel sort of awkward harping on this since it's such a tiny difference over the course of the fight and over clipping is unlikely to sink you, but it absolutely does matter where your timers are how worthwhile or not IR-> IJ is.
I'd argue it's more about the potency bonus your current dots have on them more than the timer remaining. If you have unbuffed dots up I don't see why you wouldn't clip them with a buffed set. I said it's not a hard and fast rule but I do believe it's good practice because of how often IR is up, you're likely to have ticked down dots. I also wouldn't advocate doing IJ > IR > IJ or anything like that since it's silly. I also never championed or would champion double jaws on an internal release, so I guess in theory it's fine to hit jaws whenever during that 15 second run off, but meh.

Maybe tomorrow night. You'll have to fight Galen first though.

Looking at BRD stat weights and all the lore gear without crit.... crafted BRD stuff might last a long time.
I ain't about that bard life anymore, son. Crit has no power over me anymore.

Jayhawk

I ain't about that bard life anymore, son. Crit has no power over me anymore.

Don't the Machinist stat weights also heavily favour crit? Your gear choices are also the same as Bard this tier. Regardless, enjoy your accuracy + skill speed head piece until savage drops. Crafted has crit, det, and five materia slots.

Cornbread78

They aren't missions but rather are dungeons. A menu will come up and you click a button and it'll automatically search for a party for it. Parties require a certain composition before they're allowed to enter the dungeon using this tool. For your main story dungeons, it's 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 damage dealers. So it's like Destiny's strikes except with mandatory roles. You cannot solo any of these your first time through.

The vast majority of the missions you'll do--which aren't at all like Destiny's missions, are soloable because they're typically just basic quests. Go do <x> and come back to <y> to advance the story.

There are exceptions to this rule, but they're few and far between. You cannot complete the game solo, though.

Thank you again! It's a shame that it's $13/mo to play... I really want to give this a full whirl after trying the Beta, but never getting out of the first building a LONG time ago.

Valor

Come back Galen! All the cool kids stayed bard!
That Hypercharge though...
Don't the Machinist stat weights also heavily favour crit? Your gear choices are also the same as Bard this tier. Regardless, enjoy your accuracy + skill speed head piece until savage drops. Crafted has crit, det, and five materia slots.
The head piece is actually rather enticing. I'll have to consider that one. Crit/Det weight is more balanced on Machinist than it is on Bard. They're close to being the same weight going by the imaginary numbers in that MCH thread on the OF. Then again he lists SS as .02 so who knows how realistic that is. It makes the Lore chest easier to stomach since the trade off are those Proto Pants. You're gonna need either shirt or pants to have an accuracy piece to it to make any of the sets work, I think.

iammeiam

I'd argue it's more about the potency bonus your current dots have on them more than the timer remaining. If you have unbuffed dots up I don't see why you wouldn't clip them with a buffed set. I said it's not a hard and fast rule but I do believe it's good practice because of how often IR is up, you're likely to have ticked down dots. I also wouldn't advocate doing IJ > IR > IJ or anything like that since it's silly.

Because doing double IJ within IR gains you only 4 buffed ticks since you're clipping early and the way the potencies work out it's not worth taking the combined hits of the initial potency variance+the average potency loss per-GCD of an early clip. The working theory is that the vast majority of the time you should have other buffs coming up around IR or during the IR window, and those buffs will override IR in dictating your clip, but in an isolated situation literally everything about when you IJ during IR is dictated by the dot timers.

It's not a heavy favoring since we don't get the Bloodletter kickback and aside from Reassemble we don't have much buffing our crit in terms of skills, but it's probably our strongest secondary (nobody's done actual reliable stat weights so this is just me guessing.) Just significantly closer to DET than BRD, and we don't get much out of skill speed either. So we end up picking the same stuff, but we suffer less from not getting the best stats. Whatever, I'm just there to Hypercharge/

But, yeah, the crafted Aiming hat is pretty much amazing given the relatively awful choices in Lore and Normal, and the ability to cram acc onto things now to make cap without having to take the dreaded acc/skillspeed pieces. I think today is Operation Can We Actually Self Craft Things for our group so please be excited to see Rin's NQ failures.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well a certain person taught me that it is better to just play both,
It wasn't the changes, it was the flow of the class. It felt so right in A4S.

Yeah I have both geared but I'm still going to play bard in raids because I absolutely hate how machinist doesn't have a self healing ability. Second Wind saves.

Sorian

Banned
Faustlet is going to drop from A8S and I am going to be simultaneously thrilled and depressed by this fact.

I just want a little Faust to follow me around, is that really so bad.

I thought the mat I got from A8N was used to craft faustlet, apparently I was wrong. What is this weird mat that I have? Furniture garbage?

I believe faust plating is a rare A8 drop.

Oh maybe it is then, ok.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I finally cleared Sephirot hard mode. It took about 3-4 tries. People were so fucking rude it was unbelievable. There was one whm complaining about me not healing properly when I was carrying the group. Bitch, please. It has easy mechanics but they can catch you off guard. It is a nightmare in df atm. I hope I don't get it on future roulettes. Is it just me or are shirtless roes always arseholes in this game? One tank was on his throne (a roe) bragging about how he already cleared......
Lalafells and Aura have been the rudest in my experience.

BadRNG

I still like The Midas Touch and don't care what no body says
even the game ended up using it

I thought the mat I got from A8N was used to craft faustlet, apparently I was wrong. What is this weird mat that I have? Furniture garbage?
You're not talking about the midan gear thing right, that's for the weapon.

I don't believe anyone knows where Faustlet is from yet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

That one's good too. I was hoping the new quests would have been a bit more clever in their naming. Loc team be slacking.

Sorian

Banned

Nah, I got a Faust metal plating (might be slightly different name). I threw it up on the marketboard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I have one issue with Stone, Sky, Sea and that is: there's no record keeping/post-dummy beatdown stats. It would be nice if other players could look up your times in game or if at the very least you could take a screenshot of your score like in PVP so you can share with others.

Sorian

Banned
So I have one issue with Stone, Sky, Sea and that is: there's no record keeping/post-dummy beatdown stats. It would be nice if other players could look up your times in game or if at the very least you could take a screenshot of your score like in PVP so you can share with others.

That's what ACT and fflogs are for. Yoship isn't stupid.

creid

The i180 crafting and gathering items they added today to the red scrip vendors are the same things that have been datamined since Tuesday. They're all shit too.
Yeah, I don't get it. I can get more GP (that I don't need) in exchange for the gathering and perception I've melded on to the stuff I already have. New offhand is really all that helps, and it's hard to comprehend this being the only new gathering stuff for the next 6 months.

MogCakes

What are the migration patterns of the hardcore raiding community? Seems like there are none if any left on Ultros.

Except perhaps some of GAF, but I'm talking about world 1st quality here.

jk

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What are the migration patterns of the hardcore raiding community? Seems like there are none if any left on Ultros.

jk
Ultros has been thinned out. Only one group cleared Sephirot Extreme so far and it took until day 2 for it to happen. No one's cleared A5S on the server but I imagine Awake might do it before the end of the week.

iammeiam

jk

CL left a few tiers ago and I think that was the end of Ultros as a serious progression contender. Gilgamesh seems to be the go-to raiding server. Been slow attrition ever since.

There are a couple of Serious Effort groups left on Ultros but they're not no-life tier and they're not in GAF. GAF is a casual as hell RP FC.

Top Bottom