• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's what ACT and fflogs are for. Yoship isn't stupid.
ExAihHz.gif

Ultros has been thinned out. Only one group cleared Sephirot Extreme so far and it took until day 2 for it to happen. No one's cleared A5S on the server but I imagine Awake might do it before the end of the week.

The group with Lauren Miller and Elissa (Eve's waifu) cleared first, then Lumin and Eanaes group cleared shortly after last last night (or that was what the LS was mentioning). I could be getting it mixed up, though, who knows.

I'm so torn between bird farming and serious raiding at the moment that I'm actually happy - it's nice to have the problem of too much to do than not enough. Good patch so far.

MogCakes

There are a couple of Serious Effort groups left on Ultros but they're not no-life tier and they're not in GAF. GAF is a casual as hell RP FC.

GAF might be casual but the raid groups are good enough to have savage on farm, which is more than I could say about 90% of raid statics.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The group with Lauren Miller and Elissa (Eve's waifu) cleared first, then Lumin and Eanaes group cleared shortly after last last night (or that was what the LS was mentioning). I could be getting it mixed up, though, who knows.

I'm so torn between bird farming and serious raiding at the moment that I'm actually happy - it's nice to have the problem of too much to do than not enough. Good patch so far.
I don't think Eanae cleared yet? I was watching their stream.

iammeiam

GAF might be casual but the raid groups are good enough to have savage on farm, which is more than I could say about 90% of raid statics.

TBH for us at least I'm pretty sure that was less us being good and Manipulator figuring out he needed to die sometime or we'd eventually stop letting him farm us.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Only one full GAF static cleared A4S AFAIK, though several people who post here who are part of other groups did clear as well. The GAF raid scene pretty much shattered from Coil -> Alexander.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
"Raid groups"

Is there more than one full GAF group? Think it's one full group and... 3 other mixed groups?

Tomat

It's been a while since I was in GAF, so I can only generalize.
More of a general question to anyone here who would know. I haven't kept up lately. Too busy contemplating doing the 3.1 content and obsessing over picking a job to play based on cool armor choices.

iammeiam

More of a general question to anyone here who would know. I haven't kept up lately. Too busy contemplating doing the 3.1 content and obsessing over picking a job to play based on cool armor choices.

I've never bought into the whole "full GAF or it doesn't count" mindset. If you've got any GAF representation, your group is at least partially infected. If the infection rate is high enough, I'll count you as a GAF group.

I also allow statics dual citizenship. The Lala static was full GAF for most of 3.0/3.1 but they picked up Coco recently who I keep forgetting isn't GAF anyway.

Tomat

I didn't mean it quite like that. More that GAF itself doesn't seem to have many players interested in raiding. I'm could be (probably am?) wrong though.

Also coco is basically GAF. Like Jayhawk!

Jayhawk

The only FC-related benefit to a raid group are the FC buffs, and it's not like FC buffs are exclusive to one FC. So coupling raid progress to an FC is funny. Couple the raid progress with the actual members in the raid group.

scy

I didn't mean it quite like that. More that GAF itself doesn't seem to have many players interested in raiding. I'm could be (probably am?) wrong though.

As a percentage, it never did anyway. For the most part, things really didn't change that much in the raiding progression, just fewer groups cleared / even ran during the catch-up patch period than before due to whatever reasons.

Valor

I've never bought into the whole "full GAF or it doesn't count" mindset. If you've got any GAF representation, your group is at least partially infected. If the infection rate is high enough, I'll count you as a GAF group.

We spread like a disease too. Once we get into a group we start converting the others.

If we count partial GAF groups we have quite a lot of groups in the FC like mine, Davos', Exelon's, Haman's, and maybe one more I'm not remembering?

But yeah.

I didn't mean it quite like that. More that GAF itself doesn't seem to have many players interested in raiding.
This is kind of the issue also in that a lot of people who did raid in 2.x aren't picking it back up in 3, so the raiding population of GAF has been dwindling steadily.

This is kind of the issue also in that a lot of people who did raid in 2.x aren't picking it back up in 3, so the raiding population of GAF has been dwindling steadily.

This applies to me. The primary reason I ran Binding Coil was for the story and experience. Once it became known that Alexander would come in 2 variations, I opted to only run the normal version as I could get the story that way. I wanted a break from hardcore raiding. BC was a good experience overall, but there were definitely parts that nearly destroyed my soul (I'm looking at you T6 & T9). I don't regret going casual for 3.0; I don't need cutting edge gear or anything.

JSoup

Banned
You know, I hadn't really thought about it before now, but are there any recommended cross-skills for BLM? I took the time to get Physick early on in leveling, but that's it.

Tomat

You know, I hadn't really thought about it before now, but are there any recommended cross-skills for BLM? I took the time to get Physick early on in leveling, but that's it.
Physick, Quelling Strikes, Raging Strikes, Virus, and Eye for an Eye.

Sorian

Banned

Some people will tell you that quelling strikes is a requirement. They are probably lying to you.

Squishy3

Some people will tell you that quelling strikes is a requirement. They are probably lying to you.
Yup. It's the tanks problem thundercloud procced multiple times in rapid succession!

And boy that bird drop rate sure is low. Ran like 20 times and didn't see one. Doing it through PF at least taught me that when my group gets around to doing it it'll be laughably easy at least. Planning to do Sephirot EX tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Sorian

Banned
Yup. It's the tanks problem thundercloud procced multiple times in rapid succession!

And boy that bird drop rate sure is low. Ran like 20 times and didn't see one. Doing it through PF at least taught me that when my group gets around to doing it it'll be laughably easy at least. Planning to do Sephirot EX tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

If a tank can't hold hate on my 6 fire IV raging strikes opener then they deserves to be on the bench, that's all I'm saying.

I don't know how you can say the bird drop rate is low, I know a guy who got one after an hour of farming, that probably puts the drop rate at like 100%.

We spread like a disease too. Once we get into a group we start converting the others.

If we count partial GAF groups we have quite a lot of groups in the FC like mine, Davos', Exelon's, Haman's, and maybe one more I'm not remembering?

But yeah.

not everybody can deal w/ valor's diva persona

I don't know, raid stuff is so weird. You have FCs solely dedicated to raid progression like Elysium, but then you also have raid group names. However, when that group clears with a world top 10 or server top 10, often people just use the FC name the group is associated with. Everyone says "Elysium cleared A4S first!" or "Lucrezia cleared T13 first!" but in reality it was a team that cleared. I guess maybe in their cases specifically, both groups acknowledge all the time that it's an FC effort for those clears, that while 8 people achieved the kill, countless others contributed vital info and assets to make the clear happen. While other groups just want their group to have the credit is because their respective FC or FCs weren't as integral to the clear.

So like, on Ultros, it's usually these names used for the groups that clear content first on Ultros:
Awake 1, Awake 2, ZR, Shiny, Accretion (Fuse), and maybe some others I'm forgetting. When it comes to the only all-GAF group to clear A4S early, most everyone outside of GAF I know refers to that group as "GAF". The only time I see raid group names that aren't just the FC name are for the next tier of raid groups that almost all eventually cleared A4S or still haven't.

Again, it's all a bit strange to me, I'm just repeating what I see said.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know, raid stuff is so weird. You have FCs solely dedicated to raid progression like Elysium, but then you also have raid group names. However, when that group clears with a world top 10 or server top 10, often people just use the FC name the group is associated with. Everyone says "Elysium cleared A4S first!" or "Lucrezia cleared T13 first!" but in reality it was a team that cleared. I guess maybe in their cases specifically, both groups acknowledge all the time that it's an FC effort for those clears, that while 8 people achieved the kill, countless others contributed vital info and assets to make the clear happen. While other groups just want their group to have the credit is because their respective FC or FCs weren't as integral to the clear.

No one actually cares on any of these points after the world first. Most groups are mutts and it's just easier shorthand to attribute them to a guild. Anyone who actually thinks a "full" group means anything is an idiot.

scy

this game has text?

Everyone says "Elysium cleared A4S first!" or "Lucrezia cleared T13 first!" but in reality it was a team that cleared.

To add on to this, Lucrezia wasn't even 8/8 Lucrezia, not that anyone cared then (or ever cares on this, really).

"Raid groups"

Is there more than one full GAF group? Think it's one full group and... 3 other mixed groups?

My group is all GAF and has been since I started it in 2.0, with the exception of Kitcait who was with us for Final Coil. We didn't manage to clear A4S, but we cleared SCoB and FCoB before they were nerfed, and first coil right after its first nerf. Not super hardcore, but we get stuff done!

Tomat

My group is all GAF and has been since I started it in 2.0, with the exception of Kitcait who was with us for Final Coil. We didn't manage to clear A4S, but we cleared SCoB and FCoB before they were nerfed, and first coil right after its first nerf. Not super hardcore, but we get stuff done!
My mistake then. Like I meant to say though, I don't think there's anything wrong with not being a full GAF static (everyone always says never go full GAF anyway). Just that only a small portion of the FC does raid Savage, and that it's hard to build a GAF group (which is the norm I guess, I didn't come back to Ultros until after FCoB). A group is a group.

Top Bottom