• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

Doing Bis EX while waiting for static time, seen one so far. Will update this with how many runs we've done.

Of course I didn't win it.

Okay, so I don't think this was bought up, but the Midas MNK weapon... it actually replaces your hand glamour and weapon and function as one. So it's a hand gear w/"Emperor's new fist" when you equip it.

Took me a moment to notice this when I was trying it on (as in Try On, not actually having one yet) and did a double take. It's cool looking, but at the same time kind of sucks if it clashes with any glamour you have on your hands.

Is there a particular order I should take for Midas gear drops?

I would like to know this as well. I only received one piece of loot right now because I'm unlucky. I went with the accessory for A5. Think I'll go with pedals for a6 and legs for a7 and a8. Or maybe waist. The general idea is to skip the chest since you will hopefully have capped for the lore chest once you have enough allagan tomestones of lore. I may even skip the legs since I can wait it out with lore. I don't know yet.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Someone got the Zu mount.

Gvp3JfH.png

He says its from an airship island..... Place your preorder now
just dont expect to get it anytime soon
!

Waiting list:

• Me : P
  • Korra
  • Tomo

Do you get Zu by getting ever single new pigeon a bit like how the ponies were with Kirin? Zu is a cool recurring monster in the series. It looks pretty badass.

Edit: Nvm, apparently you get it through airship.

Omni

Bismarck is so silly. For some reason I remember it being kinda difficult but aside from the occasional gush of wind and maybe the tank swap, there's not much that can go wrong. Though admittedly I only cleared Ex once or twice because I moved onto Ravana straight away.

Think I will continue farming that. Saw one eagle drop tonight but missed out ;_;

studyguy

Started sephirot ex and had to take a break immediately while someone ate iirc... I ended up falling asleep and ruining the night for thr group. Whoops.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So in A6 Savage if you wipe on any of the four robots, you restart the whole sequence, all four of them. Makes sense, but is gonna make for annoying progression.

Now, do I save all my lore for a weapon or do I go for the chest first?

You can't get a weapon until the 7th week so you're free to buy the body, the legs and one or two more things, whatever adds up to 2150 tomes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So in A6 Savage if you wipe on any of the four robots, you restart the whole sequence, all four of them. Makes sense, but is gonna make for annoying progression.

You can't get a weapon until the 7th week so you're free to buy the body, the legs and one or two more things, whatever adds up to 2150 tomes.

That explains why it hasn't been cleared yet I guess.

Why are you a potato?

Also wow, 90K as soon as I try and log in this morning.

They are doing maintenance:

We will soon be performing emergency maintenance in the "New Gridania", "Old Gridania", "Ul'dah - Steps of Nald", "Ul'dah - Steps of Thal",
"Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks", "Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks", "Foundation", "The Pillars" and "Idyllshire" areas.
Please be sure to move to another area or log out before the maintenance begins.

Housing area is safe!

aceface

Ugh, my dreams of a savage battle where they have the phases broken up and you can actually skip the ones you've cleared already are dashed.

Thorgal

if anyone cares , these are the lyrics of Sephirot second phase .

What is it like when you pull back the curtain,
and realize every wrong is a right?
Your world is rusted like a dirty razor;
The edge is calling tonight.

The edge is calling tonight!(The edge is calling tonight)
The edge is calling tonight!(The edge is calling tonight)
The sun is setting, dark is taking over,
A date with chaos and you're dressed to look nice.

Salt of the earth, salting your own fields,
Road to destruction and it's true and tried.
You walk the path laid before you.
The core reason you refuse to abide.

Necessity is an inventive mother,
Promising sanctum that she cannot provide,
She is the hand that rocks the cradle,
The wind that breaks the bow and leaves you to die!

And then she leaves you to die! (And then she leaves you to die)
And then she leaves you to die! (And then she leaves you to die)
You'll find slumber when the world comes tumbling down!
Sweet dreams! Baby, sleep tight!

Retreat where lesser men lead.
Flee from what you do not see.
Heed the dark within your being.
Turn away! Disobey!
I'm the end and the beginning,
The fate that feeds the unbelieving,
A tightening knot to staunch the bleeding.
Say my name!
Say my name.
Sephirot!

The Seven Hells become your seventh heaven.
Rose of redemption, but a thorn in your pride.
Waste no more time fighting your demons.
Lay down your arms and let the evil inside.

And then you let it inside!(And then you let it inside!)
And then you let it inside!(And then you let it inside!)
You let it eat you until there's nothing left at all,
So you can feel that you are truly alive!

Better to serve in a waking nightmare,
Than rule in their paradise,
What is gold always glitters,
But it's still comes at an un-payable price.

Treading out upon the stagnant waters,
I see you're waiting for a turn in the tide.
You are the light at the end of the tunnel.
The empty void where the serpent lies.

Where the serpent lies!(Where the serpent lies!)
Where the serpent lies!(Where the serpent lies!)
The endless graves and the medals of excess,
They must be going off the devil's drive!

Retreat where lesser men lead,
Flee from what you do not see,
Concede your mind unto the being.
Turn away! Decimate!
I'm the end and the beginning.
The drug that gives the wretched meaning.
The answer every soul is seeking.
Say my name!
Say my name!
Sephirot!

iammeiam

Been checking the Elysium Twitter accounts occasionally, and they seem less than thrilled with 6 right now. The constantly in combat thing seems like a given from the gauntlet design, but lots of loathing right now. Be interesting to see how it pans out long-term in their opinion, but if it really is super mechanics heavy I see it going over like a ton of bricks with the general community. Unless getting lore weapons just totally breaks it.

I keep hearing the name Brute Justice. Where do you encounter him?

Honestly the less you know about him going in, the better. It's a great moment.

Brute Justice is the Manipulator's over active quintuplet siblings.

Manipulator is true to the spirit of Alexander and doesn't move. Manipulator is clearly the better boss.
Meaning easier.

Village

Does anyone know what...for lack of a better term, the investigation music is called. The music ussually comes up during main story quests during investigative conversations.

Also can i talk about minifina or whatevet her name is.

katagai

Does anyone know what...for lack of a better term, the investigation music is called. The music ussually comes up during main story quests during investigative conversations.

Also can i talk about minifina or whatevet her name is.

Went though the OSTs, not sure if this is the song you're looking for, but it's called "The Echo".

EDIT: Another possible one is "Fever Dream".

Top Bottom