• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

tenchir

The shelf from the new Little Ladies event probably doesn't have enough room to hold all the dolls that are in the game so far. I feel bad for small houses because this takes up a lot of room.

ffxiv_02262016_113230.png

Kenai

I've missed like legit 3 events by now iirc out of sheer lack of interest.
Saying this one is interesting is setting a low bar but is it actually INTERESTING or is it just more interesting than talking to an NPC and getting another item to throw in my armoire?

The rewards aren't bad and don't take much time. You hand an item to two close npcs of your choice then go back. 7 times to get the new shoes + furniture + cast one vote.

But I digress. I should have gone into more detail = posted pictures of what I meant to illustrate what i meant by "right and wrong reasons".

iammeiam

Looks like Elysium has left A7S for Sephirot
DPS tuning seems inline with what SE would want so far, then. i210 front/i220 back for hardcore raid groups, 220/230 for the rest of us.
I'm also pretty impressed at how Midas is managing a lighthearted raid atmosphere that actually works. Compare and contrast to the bland and low-urgency of most of Gordias or hyper edgelordness of Sephirot.

The shelf from the new Little Ladies event probably doesn't have enough room to hold all the dolls that are in the game so far. I feel bad for small houses because this takes up a lot of room.

ffxiv_02262016_113230.png

I started to put this in my house and then nope... I hate that it's not flush to the wall too. I put one in the basement of the FC house but nothing on it atm.

Sorian

Banned
I'm impressed of what I'm hearing of midas so far and my own personal scrub views of this patch have all been top notch. Shame they fucked gordias so much and scared off players.

Valor

I'm impressed of what I'm hearing of midas so far and my own personal scrub views of this patch have all been top notch. Shame they fucked gordias so much and scared off players.

Definitely a shame but maybe you'll get people coming back with word of mouth and stuff. Probably not, however. The biggest mistake is the A6S gauntlet, though. I'm kind of worried about that but also not? I dunno.

Sorian

Banned
Definitely a shame but maybe you'll get people coming back with word of mouth and stuff. Probably not, however. The biggest mistake is the A6S gauntlet, though. I'm kind of worried about that but also not? I dunno.

I like it. It still gives that "add fight" feel of A2S or T4 but so much less annoying.

Jayhawk

Ultros is so dead during the day :<

You know what you can do during the day when the server is dead? Level up those crafters and gatherers. Where is my "Kagari Asuha" brand gear?

I have experience teaching newbies crafting and gathering rotations, even rotations for Heavensward 2-star and 3-star crafting. GET TO IT!

YOU'LL DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME! - Yoship, 2016

When we're in i240 and people want to go back and get their A4S mounts, you will be doing Nisi for max dps uptime. You'll probably kill it before 2nd Pentacle with that gear + echo (and any nerfs they may or may do).

Edit: On second thought, nope. If it's just one pentacle you'll likely be dealing with at that point, people will still sac. Unless one of the A4S changes they may do forces groups to do Nisi, but I doubt that at this point.

iammeiam

The biggest mistake is the A6S gauntlet, though. I'm kind of worried about that but also not? I dunno.

I got extremely worried about six over the past couple days, given that Elysium was getting more venemous about it ("cancer", "literally Hitler", "if you love me please shoot me so I don't have to go back to A6S", etc) but it looks like a lot of it is centered around the mystery 7 minute auto wipe bug. They're happy with the rest of it, from what I can tell, which puts me a little more at ease. Of course what world first views as nbd and what I do varies a lot so maybe it's still awful but A8 bought SE a ton of goodwill here.

One big question I have is the overall fight length--if the gauntlet is in the neighborhood of 10 minutes end to end it's not really worse than a single multi-phase fight just with changing scenery.

Question, I thought I saw something in the patch notes about the Mac client being back. I have the game on Steam, can I install it on my Mac now? I have a Windows pc, but it'd be cool if I could log in on my laptop.

Sorian

Banned
I got extremely worried about six over the past couple days, given that Elysium was getting more venemous about it ("cancer", "literally Hitler", "if you love me please shoot me so I don't have to go back to A6S", etc)

I don't know why you would worry about this. They literally whine about every little thing that gives them trouble.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Narumi is dead last on Cerberus.
Either the contest is rigged or people are actually voting for Ulala.
Worst taste EU

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You know what you can do during the day when the server is dead? Level up those crafters and gatherers. Where is my "Kagari Asuha" brand gear?

I have experience teaching newbies crafting and gathering rotations, even rotations for Heavensward 2-star and 3-star crafting. GET TO IT!

I'm too busy farming Brute Justice!

iammeiam

I don't know why you would worry about this. They literally whine about every little thing that gives them trouble.

Something about the specific wording + escalating intensity with no sign of a breakthrough + it spanning multiple days on the second floor + residual A4S trauma + knowing Nisi is back = worry

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I hate this Little Ladies quest and everything about it, but dear god do I hope neither that potato or scleroderma patient win.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I haven't visited it yet but apparently the new Novice Hall is actually good for teaching you how to play a class.

It's good at teaching things such as "standing in orange is bad" and "kill enemy healers and mages" but at no point does it actually teach you how to play a class.

Tanking guide is solid as shit down to macros.

Oh, well that's true, I guess there's really no tanking aid in the game other than that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Question, I thought I saw something in the patch notes about the Mac client being back. I have the game on Steam, can I install it on my Mac now? I have a Windows pc, but it'd be cool if I could log in on my laptop.

The game and the expansion doesn't support cross buy on any platform. Each copy entitles you to 1 platform license. If you want to play it on another platform you have to purchase the game (and the expansion) again.

Sorian

Banned
I'm listening to a podcast audio book and there is a character named Bennu. I can't guys. Speaking of, do we know what bennu mount is from?

I'm listening to a podcast audio book and there is a character named Bennu. I can't guys. Speaking of, do we know what bennu mount is from?

Get in the long line that is the waiting list for it. FC Airship exploration missions are how you get it according to somebody who got it, so Victor gets to try to figure it out.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Unless you guys have a different information, Bennu mount isn't available.
The one that comes from Airship Voyages is the Zu mount (large Bennu being just a recolor of the Zu monster).

Squishy3

Get in the long line that is the waiting list for it. FC Airship exploration missions are how you get it according to somebody who got it, so Victor gets to try to figure it out.
It's an Iron Voyage Spoil or something. There's a red one too, although I don't know if it's just from the same vendor or obtained via another method.

Sorian

Banned

Unless you guys have a different information, Bennu mount isn't available.
The one that comes from Airship Voyages is the Zu mount (large Bennu being just a recolor of the Zu monster).

Yeah, I'm talking about the thing Frumix is talking about. The regular Zu from airship missions is trash and you all can stand in line for that one. I'll take a leftover a few months from now :p

Jayhawk

People lining up for imposter Bennu named Zu. Sorian wants the one true mount.

I should probably send some airships out for the imposter mount...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah, it's rough. And SE too proud to ever do any type of server merger even though there are servers with even less people than Ultros.

This is the worst part... aside from looking bad, is there anything negative that could come from merging servers?

iammeiam

It got data mined though right? Maybe a new vet/recruitment reward which means it's in the game for safe keeping but not actually accessible

My understanding is that the mount and t12 music were mined, yeah, though I'm just trusting the Internet here. Not like the Internet would hoax me!

I'm going to be so bummed if it's a refer a friend thing. I think at this point I have enough excess keys lying around I could probably activate myself into a mount but that feels like rewarding bad game trends.

This is the worst part... aside from looking bad, is there anything negative that could come from merging servers?

Do you know how many Avatar Korras there are scattered across the servers? There would be so much salt over forced changing of Names + I assume their housing system would basically implode without massive reworking. I will say the game has never had a problem attracting new blood, it just maybe needs to get better at getting them to try harder things.

Top Bottom