• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

IvorB

Wait... what does that little heart do? I was just DPSing it down but I have no idea what it actually does.

So I just queued up for Trial Roulette on Famfrit and I got Sephirot despite never fighting him. Why is this allowed?

I don't know but it's really annoying when it happens.

Wait... what does that little heart do? I was just DPSing it down but I have no idea what it actually does.

If Allthoughts gets the heart even once, the party will wipe because he gets very strong by that point. That is why it should be the main focus in the fight.

Yeah, I got Sephirot the first day doing trial roulette and it went horrible, lol.

Bah was 1 percent away from beating A3S dummy without food or potions (As NIN)

EDIT: Ugh just 2 percent away from beating A4S dummy without food or potions (as DRG)

Guess I need more practice

scy

I don't like this excuse at all. We wiped 6 or so times and by that point, people should have been adapting already. I always try to get some dps in even as an Astrologian. Usually, I put in a few Malefic II and then combust II, combust, Aero, and then disable.

While I agree with the attempting to DPS and all that, you should probably open with the DoTs (since they won't miss, get them ticking earlier) and you can end on a refresh. And not entirely sure what Disable has to do with any of this as you should save it for a specific situation.

If Allthoughts gets the heart even once, the party will wipe because he gets very strong by that point. That is why it should be the main focus in the fight.

I mean ... he can get like two before you're actually scared. Though DF and "please god just don't let him get a heart" are also valid.

While I agree with the attempting to DPS and all that, you should probably open with the DoTs (since they won't miss, get them ticking earlier) and you can end on a refresh. And not entirely sure what Disable has to do with any of this as you should save it for a specific situation.

I mean ... he can get like two before you're actually scared. Though DF and "please god just don't let him get a heart" are also valid.

Yeah I mean I'll use disable at the end of my dps pattern if it is a large unavoidable AOE or something. I should have specified that, thanks.

Two? In my experience if he gets one, it is pretty much over, lol.

scy

Yeah I mean I'll use disable at the end of my dps pattern if it is a large unavoidable AOE or something. I should have specified that, thanks.

Two? In my experience if he gets one, it is pretty much over, lol.

Don't mind, I like nitpicking.

One is still pretty awful, more a case of it won't be an auto-wipe thing. Put another way, in like a month when more people are closer to i230 average, it'll become the norm because lolmechanics!

Wow, just had an amazing group in df that didn't complain and healer was dpsing in cleric sometimes. I Cleared Midas 7 with no problems with this df group. I'm very surprised it took nearly 10 tries just for the normal mode. I also got a piece for leg gear first try so that's sweet. Now for A8.

Cleared A8 first try though admittedly it wasn't too hard and I just followed the group. My favourite part was when all the robots fuse and become Brute Justice. I liked how they re did the music and made it sound fast paced. It is definitely my favourite part of Midas.

I wonder how they will handle A9-A12 as Allthoughts can now reverse time. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sephirot mount is the new hotness.

CcP8gDxW0AA45sK.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Savage A5 is a really fun fight.
It also kinda brings back memories of SCOB, which is both good and bad.
Also
Petrifaction, my favorite!

Sephirot Extreme.... oh man what a fun fight. I actually enjoyed what I played of it so far. I just joined a random PF learning party and we got to phase 2, which is actually pretty good for first try! I never thought I would say that I enjoy a Titan like fight but it was surprisingly fun until people started leaving, xP

Squishy3

People complained about Bismarck, but I really did like the fight mechanics and the graphic effects along with it.
The people that mostly hate it when it was practically impossible to get past snakes with most groups.

When you did finally get past snakes, people couldn't handle the simple weather mechanics and the parties disbanded.

edit: aw yeah someone in my FC got the sephirot music

I AM THE END AND THE BEGINNING

People complained about Bismarck, but I really did like the fight mechanics and the graphic effects along with it.

The toughest part is the tank swap with the sanuwas and killing them before enrage. If your group can get that part down reliably then the rest isn't too bad since you have quite a bit of time before Bismarck destroys the island.

It's kind of the same with Ravana EX. He has a ton of abilities that are hard to keep track of at first but after a handful of attempts it all falls into place.

All of this is assuming that your DF group doesn't abandon after the first wipe.

WolvenOne

*sigh*

Not going to get much use out of this week. I can't go an hour without getting DCed. Tonight's worse than normal, but I've been having problems along these lines all week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tried to tell a fellow FC member about the goodness of Cure III they would not receive the message, caught them casting Medica.

in Sephirot Ex

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
87ff908db9.jpg

Midan gear single-handedly solving the problem of playing an Elezen through giant collars.

Squishy3

this is what happens when you switch the estate music to sephirot

when the edge calls, don't answer

0cb57bf47b0a777746ae772774de694d.gif

i didn't make this terrible gif, someone else in my FC did. it almost suits the nature of the song though

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
85482c135d.jpg

Can we talk about this? I feel like this might be the dumbest looking piece of armor in the entire game. It's a plate of armor for one cheek that seems to double as a giant earring.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So far in every Sephirot Ex learning party I've been in, players are confusing each other with this one question "his left or our left?"
-snip

Can we talk about this? I feel like this might be the dumbest looking piece of armor in the entire game. It's a plate of armor for one cheek that seems to double as a giant earring.
Eorzea's haute couture.
Doesnt seem too happy wearing it.
That's modeling for you.

iammeiam

10 clears
2 birds
3 musics
3 WAR axes
2 MNK fists (for which Makoto will level NIN)
1 DRK sword
1 pair NIN Daggers
1 WHM Staff
1 SMN book
1 floor gun

All the Eternal shame

god bless you token system.

Also famous last words: Based on our halfassed joke pull I kind of think getting the weapons first is going to have kneecapped hummelfaust.

in b4 2 weeks of faust

Top Bottom