• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
2/10 birds is hella lucky wtf

Our best Hummelfaust pull before we gave up and went to tussle with Sephirot was 5%.
Needless to say he collapsed to the upgrade.
Of course, as soon as people stopped dying to surprise landing.

iammeiam

There's really no reason to not be able to clear faust with 220 weapons.

I mean

have you met us? We're seriously bad.

I can't even loot roll properly ;_;

2/10 birds is hella lucky wtf

Our best Hummelfaust pull before we gave up and went to tussle with Sephirot was 5%.
Needless to say he collapsed to the upgrade.
Of course, as soon as people stopped dying to surprise landing.

It was like two in the first four clears, too. It was weird.

Yeah, we didn't even try without because we figured we'd need the weapons eventually so just started there, then finished Seph went in just to see and it doesn't seem like it'll be an issue if we like... food and properly rotation and stop dying and all the other minor tweaks of that nature.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
For some reason the lyrics in Sephirot trial and Sephirot orchestrion roll are slightly different.

The first refrain goes from

Retreat where lesser men lead
Flee from what you do not see
Leave the dark within you be
Turn away, disobey

to

Retreat where lesser men lead
Flee from what you do not see
Concede your place in history
Turn away, turn away

Beta version?

JSoup

Banned
Is there a best build for your companion chocobo, or are they all pretty much meh? It's great to have around for FATE farming, but it's less than ideal the way I have it set up now.

Ken

Is there a best build for your companion chocobo, or are they all pretty much meh? It's great to have around for FATE farming, but it's less than ideal the way I have it set up now.

Healing bird is nice cause unless you're a healer you don't have many sources of heals when you're on your own. Tank bird usually don't get enough aggro and the DPS a DPS bird brings usually isn't necessary.

JSoup

Banned
Healing bird is nice cause unless you're a healer you don't have many sources of heals when you're on your own. Tank bird usually don't get enough aggro and the DPS a DPS bird brings usually isn't necessary.

Healer it is.
Now to work on getting that color I want....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Healer it is.
Now to work on getting that color I want....
Good choice. My Chocobo was a tank first, but did a terrible job at it and wasn't very useful. After changing it to a healer, much more of the world content became more easily soloable.

Being a healer means none of the chocobos are all that useful to me. I keep mine as tank simple cause it can ever so often keep enough attention to be mildly useful.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Being a healer means none of the chocobos are all that useful to me. I keep mine as tank simple cause it can ever so often keep enough attention to be mildly useful.
Even when leveling a healer, I felt that being able to focus on attacking while the Chocobo was healing me made battles end faster since I could focus on the offense, so there's that.

Zhao_Yun

I have a hybrid Attacker/Healer Chocobo. If you decide to go Healer I'd stop lvling that path before getting Choco Medica since you don't want it to spam Medica when you need higher potency single heals....

Looks like I'll be playing on the PS4 until my RMA'd card returns. Hilarity will surely ensue since I haven't played with a controller since the PS4 beta.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was finally able to clear KOTR Extreme.
Did it with the 2nd Duty Finder group I joined, after 2 wipes. I don't think I'll try doing it again, phases in the later half are pretty chaotic.

Now to do Sephirot Ex before Thursday.

xk1QVwJ.jpg

Not amused with the Vath's attitude

My two level 60 retainers have been bringing me some really good stuff that I can sell for a high price. I wonder if I am just lucky or something. I don't craft at all and I possess nearly 4 million giI which is quite poor but rich to me! I will probably have my friend mentor me on crafts or something before starting the actual crafting process.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My two level 60 retainers have been bringing me some really good stuff that I can sell for a high price. I wonder if I am just lucky or something. I don't craft at all and I possess nearly 4 million gi Il which is quite poor but rich to me! 'll probably have my friend mentor me on crafts or something before starting the actual crafting process.
I'm jealous. Both my retainers have been bringing me nothing but fish for the last few days.

Thorgal

If you have the non-Steam PC version of ARR and by the Heavensward Steam version they won't work.

Yeah, but I also heard some people say to avoid the Steam version altogether and only buy from SE directly.

Considering everything seems to work fine on my end I started wondering what the problem was.

iammeiam

lol, A7S already down. Guess A6S will be a lot easier once that bug is taken care of.

Screenshot has no gobdip, unsurprisingly, which answers that.

It does have pants and boots, though which is pretty weird. I never checked the page vendor, but patch notes had boots as page 2 buys again so them being in three is weird.

Valor

It does have pants and boots, though which is pretty weird. I never checked the page vendor, but patch notes had boots as page 2 buys again so them being in three is weird.

My uneducated guess is random loot drop from previous turns alongside one guaranteed twine and pants.

scy

Yeah, but I also heard some people say to avoid the Steam version altogether and only buy from SE directly.

You'll find people saying both sides so doesn't really amount to too much in the end. Biggest "issue" with the Steam version in the end is that you're locked to always a Steam version. I ... guess that's an issue.

Page 3 is really just Pants and Twine. My best guess is it just drops another A6S slot rather than it being Boots+Pants. No Dip is a shame though, would at least have made for some logic to the progression tier and the Page thing was just to curb weapon progression. Oh well.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Considering everything seems to work fine on my end I started wondering what the problem was.
Probably cause of the sales and the lack of physical collector's editions.You can find the SE version on sale pretty often everywhere, think you could even get HW with a discount at launch by buying from GMG. While the Steam version of HW only just had it's first sale since launch last month.

Valor

Already? How long did it take and who downed it? I thought normal was pretty tough. :O I thought for sure people would need i230 weapons to beat midas savage.

Elysium. I think they all have Sephirot weapons by now and have tons of pentamelded crafted gear. At least one of them has a 230 weapon though.

aceface

Well, looks like YoshiP didn't lie about more lenient dps checks this time around. Will be interesting to see if A8 falls before reset or not.

My two level 60 retainers have been bringing me some really good stuff that I can sell for a high price. I wonder if I am just lucky or something. I don't craft at all and I possess nearly 4 million giI which is quite poor but rich to me! I will probably have my friend mentor me on crafts or something before starting the actual crafting process.

Speaking of, I've got one miner retainer. Should my second one be a botanist or a battle retainer?

Speaking of, I've got one miner retainer. Should my second one be a botanist or a battle retainer?

It doesn't really matter in my experience. My retainers are a black mage and conjurer and they bring me metallic dyes sometimes. Pure white can sell for 480k or so for two and other rare items can go higher. I'm not sure what the difference is as I don't have any crafting classes picked up.

Thorgal

i decided ,now that i can play properly in 4K res to make SS of all the primal fights or shots i like in general .

"You missed "

ffxiv_dx112016-02-282q6uow.jpg

" just going to stand here and look awesome "

ffxiv_dx112016-02-282cguox.jpg

creid

85482c135d.jpg

Can we talk about this? I feel like this might be the dumbest looking piece of armor in the entire game. It's a plate of armor for one cheek that seems to double as a giant earring.
Looks useful to me. It blocks the lower part of your vision, so you don't have to look at Lalafells.

^ lol. On the subject of materia, should I be using my mind materia V at all? It is a weekly reward from void ark after all and they are going up for a fortune on the MB, atm. I'm debating on selling it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
^ lol. On the subject of materia, should I be using my mind materia V at all? It is a weekly reward from void ark after all and they are going up for a fortune on the MB, atm. I'm debating on selling it.
I just sold mine. You don't need to meld if you're not doing savage, everything else is doable without it at the moment.

IvorB

I just realized that after two months almost i have never seen your characters yet GAF .

Lets fix that and make introductions .

this is my Draggoon Tatsuo

and this is my tank alt Rydia .

Well your request comes at an opportune time since today I got my Butcher's Crown for the Let the Bodies Hit the Floor achievement. So, here's Eremis:

This crown was forged in the blood of 100 000 victims. What a good day for gaming this is. :)

creid

The Lore & Midas gear is capped on main stat stuff, so why are prices for main stat V materia so high? Do they get melded onto crafted stuff?

As a DRG, if I'm only using Lore & Midas gear, the only primary stat materia I could get any use out of is VIT, right?

Top Bottom