• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

When I gotta grind out delivery leves and gotta craft 3 sheets of wool for per item and I gotta craft 6 yarns to make the wools and I gotta collect 12 HQ stuffs to make the yarns and I cry everytim.

iammeiam

When I gotta grind out delivery leves and gotta craft 3 sheets of wool for per item and I gotta craft 6 yarns to make the wools and I gotta collect 12 HQ stuffs to make the yarns and I cry everytim.

I've been doing speed leveling with minimal leve usage to correct some recent bad crafting choices. At one point this involved gathering 500 mythrite sand.

I regret so much.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. I need your advice on something. I have 50,000 company seals. But the stuff the Quartermaster sells seems like it won't help since my Bard is at level 60 and my equipment level is 129. Any advice on where to use them?

Hey guys. I need your advice on something. I have 50,000 company seals. But the stuff the Quartermaster sells seems like it won't help since my Bard is at level 60 and my equipment level is 129. Any advice on where to use them?

Ventures for your retainers, cordials for your gathering classes, and spirit bonding potions are all good buys with GC seals.

scy

I've been doing speed leveling with minimal leve usage to correct some recent bad crafting choices. At one point this involved gathering 500 mythrite sand.

I regret so much.

Think of all the sand you freed from their mining node oppressors.

They basically exist just for consumables (Ventures for retainers, Cordials for gatherers) or the occasional crafting mat depending on needs (e.g., Borax is used in the new Camphorwood craft so that might have some non-zero value).

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate the help. I've got a ton of venture. I've been putting my retainers out on exploration duties. Sometimes they come back with some cool things. But most of the time it's crap.

Zomba13

Unlike SE which won't even let you post other player's names in screenshots posted on the OF (and the XIV subreddit mods also enforce this), apparently Capcom is actively telling its player base to publicly shame rage-quitters until they can do something about penalizing them.

http://kotaku.com/capcom-wants-street-fighter-v-players-to-publicly-shame-1762191853

I saw that. I don't like it. What is to stop people just posting the gamertags/unsernames of players they don't like and saying they were quitting? Yeah, Capcom might not do anything if the player hasn't disconnected (if they will even check) but it still makes the player seem toxic even if they don't disconnect.

rrc1594

Hey Guys I been away from this since it first dropped for PS4. Getting back into but need some answers

1. Do I need to buy Heavensward if I have ARR

2. I left of a end game as a Dragoon is this still a great DPS

3. Would it be better just start a new since it's been over a year

4. What's the user base looking like? Do still a lot of people play

5. Do we still say lewd in Gaf chatbox lol

Thank You

Ken

Hey Guys I been away from this since it first dropped for PS4. Getting back into but need some answers

1. Do I need to buy Heavensward if I have ARR

2. I left of a end game as a Dragoon is this still a great DPS

3. Would it be better just start a new since it's been over a year

4. What's the user base looking like? Do still a lot of people play

5. Do we still say lewd in Gaf chatbox lol

Thank You

1. Heavensward is level 50-60 content so if you aren't that level then you only get access to the Au Ra race.

2. Yeah.

3. No.

4. Sure.

5. Maybe.

Squishy3

I saw that. I don't like it. What is to stop people just posting the gamertags/unsernames of players they don't like and saying they were quitting? Yeah, Capcom might not do anything if the player hasn't disconnected (if they will even check) but it still makes the player seem toxic even if they don't disconnect.
They're asking for video specifically so they can verify the claims via the backend so they don't erroneously punish people.

It's like when SE checked the gameplay data of that BLM that was using an exploit for his 2 second Fire IV casts.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got an item on each Midas my first run last week. Did M1 5 times already and the highest roll I have had is a 28.

Redx508

just happened

AlCp8yU.png

studyguy

Fuck fuck fuck, I only have today and tomorrow to cap everything for the week.
Gonna be gone the rest of the week, fucking real life fun activities taking up my MMO time.

I mean really who has fun outside? :^)

Talaysen

A5S down.

Only took us 3 lockouts... definitely easier than A1S all in all even with double Faust and definitely a lot more fun.

Congratulations! It really is a much more fun fight. I managed to clear it yesterday with everyone dead at the end. For some reason that counts as a win.

God damn it so I do my level roulette on MCH and I get vault. I'm so happy because EXP, right? But.... I paired up with two new people and one whm with the worst tunnel vision ever. I wanted the exp so I stayed all eight wipes on Charibert. The UNICOLT minion even dropped and someone rolled on it after all the advice I gave him or her. I lost the minion but got my exp so all is good. This healer did NOT EVER use Medica II. I told her to do it and she refused. So you can imagine how the fights went. The knights kept hurting her and we died by aoe because she didn't heal us up in time. I was so patient and gave the healer advice and she thought I was furious with her. Okay, well on the inside I rather was. She was decked out in some i200 gear..... and let us down so hard during this fight. It was possibly one of the most frustrating runs of the vault if not, the most frustrating I have ever witnessed. In my defense, healing vault first time around was a nightmare and that is before the nerf. I guess the whm was not concentrating at all. Man, vault has such bad runs…. that I'm getting scared to play that dungeon on roulette again. :O I dunno but when I told her to regen the party, she just casted regen over and over on us. Errr.....

Also, congrats, Kagari!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Only took us 3 lockouts... definitely easier than A1S all in all even with double Faust and definitely a lot more fun.

That's... an interesting opinion. I mean, A1S is essentially the same fight as the normal mode and you could sleepwalk through it by the end of the tier. A5 is a better fight though, congratulations!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's... an interesting opinion. I mean, A1S is essentially the same fight as the normal mode and you could sleepwalk through it by the end of the tier. A5 is a better fight though, congratulations!

A5S is definitely more forgiving at least. A1S in the beginning wasn't if someone missed positioning an add or died or whatever.

Congratulations! It really is a much more fun fight. I managed to clear it yesterday with everyone dead at the end. For some reason that counts as a win.

Did you guys hit enrage? We saw it once at 3% with a bunch of deaths.

BadRNG

Really not fond of trying to get my items from Midas Normal through DF, it's nothing but profound sadness.
5/6 don't seem that bad to DF but 7/8 are...not great, to say the least. It doesn't help that everyone and their mother want the legs right now.

A5S is definitely more forgiving at least. A1S in the beginning wasn't if someone missed positioning an add or died or whatever.
You mean DPS wise then, not mechanically? I guess that jives with what they said Midas would be, lot easier on dps check so carrying someone else's load isn't as difficult.

Grats, by the way.

UP5yO6n.png

You just see a brown square, don't you?
Oh I get it, you're talking about the little blue guy in the corner. Is that the cat?

Akainu

I've been crafting almost none stop for the past two days. There is nothing more aggravating than something at like 90 percent not being high quality or failing.

Omni

So... Grade V materia is super expensive and I've sold the last two that I got from Void Ark. Realistically, it's not gonna matter if I use grade IVs on my Lore gear, right? I know there's a bit of difference there. But it's just secondary stats anyway.

And on that note. My WHM is sitting on 372 accuracy. Is there some kind of level that I should be trying to reach so I'm not missing attacks in end-game content constantly? I'd like to add some spellspeed materia later on too, maybe. But accuracy is my first concern.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So... Grade V materia is super expensive and I've sold the last two that I got from Void Ark. Realistically, it's not gonna matter if I use grade IVs on my Lore gear, right? I know there's a bit of difference there. But it's just secondary stats anyway.

And on that note. My WHM is sitting on 372 accuracy. Is there some kind of level that I should be trying to reach so I'm not missing attacks in end-game content constantly? I'd like to add some spellspeed materia later on too, maybe. But accuracy is my first concern.

I sold my Vs and used IVs. I figured since I don't do savage it's all good.

aceface

You can add some accuracy, sure but you're still gonna miss a lot. Starting with HW the devs decided to take away all healer accuracy for some reason.

Omni

You can add some accuracy, sure but you're still gonna miss a lot. Starting with HW the devs decided to take away all healer accuracy for some reason.
Hmm. I was hoping I could 'fix' it.

It seems so much worse in these new dungeons and trials. Almost at the point where I'm tempted to give up trying to do any kind of meaningful dps in instances as a WHM. It's a waste of time and effort and mana when several of my attacks in a row don't hit because lolRNG. What's even the point >.>

Top Bottom