• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Zomba13

They didn't make a new Minfillia model just to have her appear once and that's it.
She's still going to be around, don't kid yourselves. She's not what's her face with the Skrillex hair who everyone forgot or even Horsefart who was at least done more justice than she was in death.

She'll be back before the end of the xpac, either as the voice of the crystal or a physical person, I'd bet money on it

Moenbryda was the best scion and was taken from us too soon. RIP best scion.

Thorgal

after i decided to cave in and check out the limit other player effects options

B3WPI1M.gif

studyguy

after i decided to cave in and check out the limit other player effects options

B3WPI1M.gif

This is day one as a tank or else you can't see shit.
I've had this since forever, I don't understand how people leave all effects on, it becomes impossible to tell what's happening.

Sorian

Banned
This is day one as a tank or else you can't see shit.
I've had this since forever, I don't understand how people leave all effects on, it becomes impossible to tell what's happening.

As a BLM, I am happy to fuck up people's vision. Could you imagine actually being these characters? Tanks and melee would be blind in minutes.

Teknoman

As a BLM, I am happy to fuck up people's vision. Could you imagine actually being these characters? Tanks and melee would be blind in minutes.

I dont want to turn off others effects since I actually enjoy seeing other characters skills, because i'll most likely never play those jobs.

studyguy

Implying those of us who have effects off don't pay attention?

We're supposed to pay attention?
I assumed we stayed in our DPS mode/rotations exclusively, never mitigate and just blame the party for dying.
How else am I going to finish my animu otherwise if I have to look at the game?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If we are going to
Ala Mhigo
in the expac, you know what that means? TIME FOR
MNK
TO BE OP AGAIN
FUCK YEAH

"again" implies MNK ever stopped being OP

We're supposed to pay attention?
I assumed we stayed in our DPS mode/rotations exclusively, never mitigate and just blame the party for dying.
How else am I going to finish my animu otherwise if I have to look at the game?

Power Slash isn't on my hotbar anymore.

I feel like I will never get a hold on tanking. I have a paladin at 50 that I haven't used in like a year and I just feel like I suck at holding aggro while leveling marauder to 30 since my current goal is to get everything to 30 now that the brand new ring makes it super easy.

studyguy

Tanking right now is as braindead as it was at the end of last patch.

Mechanically they're all easymode to me.

I feel like most people's deal with tanking is simply not getting the feel for pushing ahead and being the first in on fights, you don't have to be perfect. You just have to live. If you so happen to lose hate for a second and no one died you did your job. Just more pressure put on tanks and healers than DPS. You know a Tank is bad or a Healer is bad if you're dead. If a DPS is bad (unless there's some mob that absolutely needs to die in a couple seconds to live) then it's harder to tell where people fall through the cracks. There are legit bad DPS out there though.

The worst are those who I as a tank outparse. Shame on you.

zanyu

I figured I should finally try Final Fantasy, wanting to play with friends, they are on the server Excalibur, but I can't create a new character until it opens up. Do I really have to wait until it opens up or is there some kind of cross server stuff like in WoW?

It's kind of lame that I can't play with friends unless I create a character by getting lucky.

ehhh, I'm not actively looking for a group rn. I was more referring to 3.1 etc.

I'm enjoying playing as a casual, even if Midas Savage sounds great. I was pretty set on just taking this raid tier off and all.

Basically probably not going to raid unless I get an offer from a group I'd enjoy running with. Searching for a group is a nightmare and I just came back to Ultros. As long as I can find people to do my Midas normal stuff with and maybe Seph Ex I'll be content for a while.

iammeiam

Thinking about it, this tier has to suck for monk since their entire thing is tunneling around mechanics as much as possible for max personal DPS, and the theme of Savage this time seems to be "fuck your DPS, do mechanics :|"

Maybe they should just pray DRK gets nerfed to sub-PLD so they'll be needed or heavily wanted for DK.

Or take the player not the job but who even does that.

Tanking right now is as braindead as it was at the end of last patch.

Mechanically they're all easymode to me.

I feel like most people's deal with tanking is simply not getting the feel for pushing ahead and being the first in on fights, you don't have to be perfect. You just have to live. If you so happen to lose hate for a second and no one died you did your job. Just more pressure put on tanks and healers than DPS. You know a Tank is bad or a Healer is bad if you're dead. If a DPS is bad (unless there's some mob that absolutely needs to die in a couple seconds to live) then it's harder to tell where people fall through the cracks. There are legit bad DPS out there though.

The worst are those who I as a tank outparse. Shame on you.

I know I'm just most critical of myself. I'm the kind of person who tries to maximize my dps as much as I can with my main class (DRG) and healing is super easy for me too. I just hate whenever someone pulls aggro from me and makes me feel like a bad tank.

studyguy

I know I'm just most critical of myself. I'm the kind of person who tries to maximize my dps as much as I can with my main class (DRG) and healing is super easy for me too. I just hate whenever someone pulls aggro from me and makes me feel like a bad tank.

Listen dude, here is what you deal with as a tank on the regular...

I DF'd A7 last night with two friends as healers right?
First thing the WAR tells me when we get to the boss, no joke, word for word since I was laughing my ass off.

Can you deal with the tank buster? I don't like doing mechanics.

You're already like miles ahead of this dude, who is decked out in proto-midas gear at 60. So don't worry about it.

Listen dude, here is what you deal with as a tank on the regular...

I DF'd A7 last night with two friends as healers right?
First thing the WAR tells me when we get to the boss, no joke, word for word since I was laughing my ass off.

Can you deal with the tank buster? I don't like doing mechanics.

You're already like miles ahead of this dude, who is decked out in proto-midas gear at 60. So don't worry about it.

Geez, I've barely done any raiding (I really should as my drg since I can easily beat the stone sea sky dummies when I'm at the appropriate ilvl) and that is just sad to me. That definitely does make me feel better about it. I just need practice too.

Redx508

for all the players who like to go AFK for multiple hours Kagari,Gryvan,Sosul,Xtech

make sure you have limit fps settings on so your pc does less work

MK7mLAQ.png

Thinking about it, this tier has to suck for monk since their entire thing is tunneling around mechanics as much as possible for max personal DPS, and the theme of Savage this time seems to be "fuck your DPS, do mechanics :|"

Maybe they should just pray DRK gets nerfed to sub-PLD so they'll be needed or heavily wanted for DK.

Or take the player not the job but who even does that.

every tier except scob and fcob were monk am cry tiers.

Gordias was actually amazing for MNK. You could keep 100% up-time (or had PB if you needed it) for every fight, MNK was top DPS on every fight.

The issue was raid DPS was so needed because of the DPS checks and the other melees are so packed with group utility and damage that taking MNK was the sub-optimal choice in most circumstances, unfortunately.

There was no fight in that tier that wasn't perfect for MNK tho.

Highwind

Kinda need help with leveling.

I started a new Dragoon class and I wanna know what the most efficient way of leveling to 50 is. Right now I am at Lv30 but it feels like a slog just getting to one level.

Kinda need help with leveling.

I started a new Dragoon class and I wanna know what the most efficient way of leveling to 50 is. Right now I am at Lv30 but it feels like a slog just getting to one level.

stop and switch to MNK, level to 50. <---- optimal

(otherwise do leves/FATEs in between dungeon queues, make sure to leave your Levelling Roulette til the last one you do in the day to maximise exp gains, always have food on -- boiled eggs will be fine -- and then just continue grinding dungeons.)

I have to admit I grinded like a crazy person when laws and Eso were introduced and I am not about to make the same mistake with lore. I think this time I'm going to cap every week or I'll try at least, but I will do it casually and not spam dungeon after dungeon. It took me a very long time to get a full eso set for AST and I spent most of my summer grinding for gear doing Nevereap and Fractal repeatedly. Then, when Saint Moc and Pharos HM were introduced, I toned it down a little bit. I'm going to accept that FFXIV isn't just about grinding for me. I will work towards getting into savage eventually, but right now, it isn't my thing because I prefer doing those kind of activities with my actual friends I have made over the years. I am going to change things up and stop leveling classes, I think. I may pick up a tank if I get bored but right now, the only classes I will play are my level 60 classes. Mch is getting on 59 now and I am actually enjoying it, so I'll keep it as my sub dps or something.

I join party finder stuff but sometimes it just stresses me out. I've always hated playing with randoms, if anything. I got into this game through a friend's recommendation after all.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
If I join an instance through party finder do have to have the dungeon open as well?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Duty Finder people can't seem to do A7. This is troubling.
Duty Finder people on Durandal luckily have no problems with normal Midas. That said, I was in one terrible A8 party, where a few people kept dying. In their defense, it was their first time.

Top Bottom