• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

After hearing horror stories about DF Midas, I'm gonna just wait until I'm at minimum i215 before attempting. I remember Alex normal was pretty tough until more people figured it out, but I also had a good FC party at one point that got us through it.

And I was MNK, suck it priorities!

After hearing horror stories about DF Midas, I'm gonna just wait until I'm at minimum i215 before attempting. I remember Alex normal was pretty tough until more people figured it out, but I also had a good FC party at one point that got us through it.

I wouldn't recommend that one bit. You will miss out on a lot of good gear and everyone will eclipse you. I205-210 is good enough and it isn't like 215 will help you beat wipe mechanics. Imo, it is better to clear Midas while you can and take advantage of the 220 drops.

PowerTaxi

Banned

You'll be fine doing it at the base ilvl requirement. Some people being idiots shouldn't deter you from trying it.

MogCakes

Is there anything better than PUG roulettes? Nobody talks, nobody gives any hint they're human. Just run and gun, doing their thing, clearing at lightspeed. They are the best NPCs I could ask for! XIV truly shines in the AI department.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there anything better than PUG roulettes? Nobody talks, nobody gives any hint they're human. Just run and gun, doing their thing, clearing at lightspeed. They are the best NPCs I could ask for! XIV truly shines in the AI department.
Play with friends or make a Party Finder group.

When I'm doing a roulette, I don't say anything aside form the greetings unless something really unusual happens. It's a chore more than anything, but people want those tomes. I also sometimes almost fall asleep while doing them after work, so I'm just glad I can keep doing my rotations in that state.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I find most people are social if I strike up a conversation. If you don't say anything you are the same as them :)

MogCakes

I try, but I often find the town NPCs offer more riveting dialogue.

I get it, it's a chore, people are tired after work, but it's the groups where not even a cursory hello is said that make me pretend everyone's a robot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A6S is really, really fun. Most fun I've had in this game in a while.

J1tOiqF.jpg

sora87

I tanked my first dungeon today, went pretty well. I usually go DPS in MMOs but I did heal in WoW too. Was pretty fun, one of the people kept attacking a totally different target to me though D:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I want to get into Midas Savage so badly, though the static wants to try some Seph EX first.

For what it's worth Sephirot is just as fun but I may have that MCH bias where you get high on procs and wildfires and stop estimating reality objectively.

I kind of feel like a savage when I roll a 90 or higher on a pony. It is even worsened by the fact people left after I got it, lol. But I got the diamond AST weapon I wanted for glam purposes also. Pretty great luck.

Can someone help explain to me materia stats and stuff?
idk what I should be melding onto my gear
I got one of those eikon bodies for my bard and i want to make sure i get the right melds before i sink anymore money

studyguy

I will fully admit my PLD is probably on par with my DRK and my initial expectations were probably overblown. Both kits are still absolute ass compared to WAR, master of all trades.

Talaysen

I figured I should finally try Final Fantasy, wanting to play with friends, they are on the server Excalibur, but I can't create a new character until it opens up. Do I really have to wait until it opens up or is there some kind of cross server stuff like in WoW?

It's kind of lame that I can't play with friends unless I create a character by getting lucky.

Character creation locks are based on how many people are logged in at the time. There's maintenance happening right now, so when it finishes no one will be logged in and you should be able to create your character then. If that doesn't work, check late nights/early mornings in general. Less people on at those times.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Can someone help explain to me materia stats and stuff?
idk what I should be melding onto my gear
I got one of those eikon bodies for my bard and i want to make sure i get the right melds before i sink anymore money

Most pieces of battle gear you'll find have two main stats and two sub-stats.
For example, Eikon Cloth Acton of Aiming:
Dexterity +111
Vitality +119
Critical Hit Rate +100
Skill Speed +70

Main stats are your primary job's stat and vitality (or VIT and STR if you're a tank).*
They are always capped so you can't meld any more.
Then there's sub-stats: Crit and SkS. The larger number is the priority stat and it is at the cap, so again, you can't meld any more. However the lower numbered stat is uncapped, so you can add this stat.

So what can you meld?
Skill speed, since it's not capped yet.
Determination, since it's not on the piece at all yet.
Accuracy, same reason.

* In case of accessories, only your primary job stat is the main capped stat.

For BRD, the priority on stats goes, given enough accuracy: crit > det > sks with skill speed being almost as valuable as determination.
What should you meld then?
It's largely down to planning and what other pieces of equipment are available to you at the time.
The most blanket response would be "stick that thing with determination".
But, you may be lacking accuracy to hit bosses (relevant if you're doing raids or ex primals).
Or you may want more skill speed if you're lacking it otherwise (bards want at least a little bit over 600, though Aiming gear this patch is loaded with the thing as is).

hotfix said:
The intent was for “Illuminati deep gobdip” to drop from "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)", after which players could upgrade their Allagan Tomestones of Lore gear before challenging "Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)". With today’s hotfix, clearing "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)" will now drop an “Illuminati deep gobdip”.

Oh

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Update Details
[Update Details]
FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Mar. 2)

■ Regarding Rewards for Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage) / The Burden of the Son (Savage):

We would like to inform our players regarding errors with the rewards for clearing "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)" and "Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)", as well as the associated trade-in item.

This notice will inform you of the issues and their corrections made in today's hotfixes and planned for Patch 3.21, and the actions we will be taking to compensate those who have already cleared the content mentioned above.

1. The reward for clearing "Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)" is an "Illuminati deep gobdip".

The intent was for “Illuminati deep gobdip” to drop from "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)", after which players could upgrade their Allagan Tomestones of Lore gear before challenging "Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)".
With today’s hotfix, clearing "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)" will now drop an “Illuminati deep gobdip”.

For parties who have already completed "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)", you will be contacted individually by GMs and compensated based on the number of clears.

2. “Midan Manifesto - Page 4” is required to trade for an “Illuminati deep gobdip” from the Idyllshire NPC “Sabina”.

The intent was for “Midan Manifesto – Page 3” to be required to trade for an “Illuminati deep gobdip”.
This will be fixed to work as intended in Patch 3.21.
* No changes will be made to the quantity needed for an “Illuminati deep gobdip”; you will need 4 “Midan Manifest – Page 3”.

For those who have already completed "Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)", please keep the above in mind.

We sincerely apologize for the errors with these rewards, and we thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

■The following issues have been addressed:

・An issue wherein clearing "Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)" would reward the "Illuminati deep gobdip" for upgrading Allagan Tomestones of Lore weapons.

・An issue during the boss fight in “Alexander - The Cuff of the Son” wherein the water tornado would not appear after the debuff “Compressed Water” disappears.

・An issue wherein the object that should take ice missile damage from Vortexer in “Alexander – The Burden of the Son” would not appear.

・An issue wherein the Brawler’s attack motion would appear incorrectly in “Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage)”.

・An issue in “Alexander – The Burden of the Son” and “Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage)” wherein there would be latency or incorrect Player Character channeling with “Steam Gasket”.

・An issue in “Alexander – The Cuff of the Son (Savage)” wherein “Punishing Wave” would initiate under incorrect conditions.

・An issue in “Alexander – The Cuff of the Son (Savage)” and “Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage)” wherein Swindle’s “Enumeration” may not function correctly.

・An issue in “Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)” wherein Binah from different phases would appear simultaneously.

・An issue wherein queueing for “Duty Roulette: Leveling” could result in being unable to accept a duty when the “Join Party in Progress” option is selected.

・An issue wherein the quest “For Those We Can Yet Save” cannot be commenced due to heavy client load, resulting in the event data being delayed. (PlayStation®3 Version Only)

・An issue wherein using the pet action “/petaction place” while targeting an NPC would move the pet to the NPC even if a placeholder was not entered.

・An issue wherein buff timers may have been displayed incorrectly.

BadRNG

Galen and I are vindicated!

It's pretty cool of them to reimburse anyone who has cleared already with gobdip. I wonder if they will give it to everyone or if the group has to decide or something?

・An issue in “Alexander – The Cuff of the Son (Savage)” and “Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage)” wherein Swindle’s “Enumeration” may not function correctly.
More science needed Rin.

・An issue in “Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)” wherein Binah from different phases would appear simultaneously.
Ohhhh so it was a bug.

I'm not clear what the A6S bug that many groups were complaining about was, but looks like several got fixed there too.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm not clear what the A6S bug that many groups were complaining about was, but looks like several got fixed there too.

When fighting Vortexer
the water and lightning debuffs are passed around kinda like Brand of Purgatory and if you do it incorrectly raid is wiped. The bug would make the mechanic fail even when all the conditions were seemingly fulfilled.

Ken

I thought someone already upgraded their lore chest today?

Oh wait, deep gobdip is for weapon huh. I guess it wouldn't matter yet since no one has 1000 lore?

tgl3

Neo Member
How possible is Sephirot EX at Party Finder?
Pretty difficult. I've been trying every night for a week and yet to get a clear from it (this is just as much bad luck with the groups I'm getting as anything else). Due to it being a fairly mechanic heavy fight you're reliant on everyone knowing their stuff 100% which is a bit... rare... in PF. However I was not actively raiding at Thordan Ex release so can't compare it to that.

Having people on TS/Discord is basically a must for learning.

For reference, I heal the fight as AST and can probably do it sleeping at this point I've seen the mechanics so many times. I just can't join in farm parties because bonus :(

Omni

How possible is Sephirot EX at Party Finder?
More manageable than Thordan it seems.

If you use the PF for trials like that, I've noticed that you really gotta get your clear fast otherwise the only people who know what they're doing start making farm parties without any bonus allowed. And learning/clear parties after that point become disasters. Starting to see it on my server actually.

Did Midas 4 a bunch of times last night with FC getting people their Shafts and first time clears. Even though I'm on PS4 my computer is close by so I finally joined my FC's Discord channel and had a blast talking to everyone while getting our stuff.

Arkeband

Banned
Lore weapon also needs 7 weeks of A8n clears.

You can trade 7 midan gears for that tomestone, but I believe the tomestone also drops from A6S or A7S.

I'm kind of unsurprised to see MNK replacing DRG for some of those world firsts, with the amount of mechanics requiring very tight positioning (stack here, etc), you simply can't hit all of your positionals, which costs DRG's ~70 potency each missed positional, whereas MNK's only lose like ~40, and they just got buffed in 3.2. Unless you have the fights down to a science, it's just safer and more consistent DPS to bring a MNK.

Litany is still OP though.

More manageable than Thordan it seems.

If you use the PF for trials like that, I've noticed that you really gotta get your clear fast otherwise the only people who know what they're doing start making farm parties without any bonus allowed. And learning/clear parties after that point become disasters. Starting to see it on my server actually.

Yup, I kind of missed the boat on Thordan. I'm seeing more and more "no bonus/must know fights" requirements on Seph EX now. Starting to regret listening to my friend and hopping servers, he's hardly ever on to justify staying lol.

Midgarsomr might be too laid back, but the lot of us got along as long as you weren't being a prick.

IvorB

The bosses in Lost City HM are so good for BLM. You can literally stand there and turret the entire fight. But I had those weird misses again which I recorded. You can see one of the Fire II's misses. Anyone know the deal with that?

BadRNG

Do you actually believe it was an accident, though? Or just them reacting to complaints?
Does it matter? This is the only way that makes sense design wise, and whether they planned for it or not I'm glad they changed it. Like was said above though, it is a bit difficult to imagine them changing it based on feedback. Can't think of a time they've reacted to something like that this quickly. We didn't even get the "nah it's fine you guys just haven't gotten used to it" phase! Or the month long silence before mentioning it offhand in live letter without any actual details of what changes will be to address the complaints.

There's a process they got to go through. A terrible pointless process.
I'm going to try this this weekend! It must be great for bonus tome farming. I know enough of the fight to get me by, anyhow.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is horrible for bonus tome farming. You'd probably make better tome/hour just spamming DF dungeons, at least you're all but guaranteed to complete those.
most of the time

The bosses in Lost City HM are so good for BLM. You can literally stand there and turret the entire fight. But I had those weird misses again which I recorded. You can see one of the Fire II's misses. Anyone know the deal with that?
The blind status effect?

Top Bottom