• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

the only point I'd make is if you continuously don't show up and don't let people know in advance.

Like Angary said, it's about respecting people's time. If you can't even be bothered to let people know if you can't make it then of course I'll be mad at you and probably advocate for you to be replaced.

Not saying that's what you did, just giving a perspective on it

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but ever since I moved here there are a ton of big babies on this server. Even on Midgar, there would be multiple wipes before disbanding on things like Ultima's Bane or even Titan Ex (old content yes, but people still hate these despite how easy it is now). I've already have a blacklist of people to avoid, it used to be just gilsellers. I've learn to accept wipes are going to happen, it's folly to expect perfection every single time. We're humans and we make mistakes, though some don't want to take responsibility for making the mistake.

You aren't exaggerating at all because my blacklist grows bigger each passing day. It is hard to come across a party that will all respect one another. Exactly, people that drop in Seph EX learning parties are aggravating. If you don't want to learn, then you probably shouldn't be there. I wish people that were blacklisted just disappeared from your game world entirely, but it looks like it would be impossible to implement that.

Edit: I've also encountered loot lockers on Lamia that leave as soon as they get their loot. They use lootmaster rules to "force" you to stay and then leave when they get their loot.

Qvoth

finally cleared seph ex!
even got the smn book lol
my smn's still 50 though
TadkV.gif

ebil

I'm going to spend a few days at my parents' in April, and the first thing my mother actually said was "I'm updating FF14 so you can do your dailies, raid and stuff."

I love my family.

aceface

I'm going to spend a few days at my parents' in April, and the first thing my mother actually said was "I'm updating FF14 so you can do your dailies, raid and stuff."

I love my family.

Haha. My kids are already interested in the game. I can't wait until we can play together and I can ground them for low dps.

iammeiam

^- Psht. "If you wanted DPS, you should have brought someone with real weapon damage." Argument won.

I can't wait for Child Protective Services to storm Tomo's house after one of the kids tells a teacher about how Dad keeps killing Mom in service of max deeps.

I refuse to do EX Primals via PF cause it is extremely rare to find a learning party on Balmung.

I'm one of those people that yeah I watched the video, but I still need the fucking experience to really understand and yeah I'm not a pro-tier player so I'm gonna make mistakes.

Its even worst when you're a healer because your mistakes are even less tolerated because healer deaths tend to result in wipes extremely quickly compared to DPS fucking up.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I refuse to do EX Primals via PF cause it is extremely rare to find a learning party on Balmung.
Really? I had a friend run me through their PF the other day and the listed off a bunch of learning parties for Sephi Ex.

Sorian

Banned
Really? I had a friend run me through their PF the other day and the listed off a bunch of learning parties for Sephi Ex.

Even though a thing says it is a learning party doesn't always mean that the people running it and joining it tolerate people actually learning. Which is a shame.

Redx508

It was a sunny day on the streets of new york

little tomo comes home from school 'dad what's a fell cleave?' he asked as he ate his ice cream sandwich

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

Join us on this dateline investigation
NBC Fri 10/9c

BadRNG

Why you gotta assume everyone knows how to play tic-tac-toe, some of us don't watch videos and like to go in blind for the real experience.

iammeiam

Live letter coming 3/26.

You can ask questions and give feedback about 3.2 content here! I think they figured out they've hit a patch people are mostly happy with and they really only need to worry about salty tanks reeling from the terrible VIT balancing (seriously just make it .05 better than STR ffs) and bards reeling from no longer being defaulted into party slots.

They're also taking questions for the UI guy, but I can special sneak preview essentially every one of his answers: "PS3 limitations."

Sorian

Banned
So how will Alex end?

Bahamut will get re-summoned just as we beat the last goblin. We'll take over Alexander and learn that the entire machine can divide itself into 8 smaller machines reminiscent of gundams. A12 will be a mech fight vs. Bahamut. Limit Break animation is changed for this fight only, with Brute Justice coming in with a double rocket punch if used by melee or j kick if used by caster. Music will be some mash-up between answers and Brute Justice music.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Bahamut will get re-summoned just as we beat the last goblin. We'll take over Alexander and learn that the entire machine can divide itself into 8 smaller machines reminiscent of gundams. A12 will be a mech fight vs. Bahamut. Limit Break animation is changed for this fight only, with Brute Justice coming in with a double rocket punch if used by melee or j kick if used by caster. Music will be some mash-up between answers and Brute Justice music.

If used by a tank the game crashes with TANK_LB_NOT_FOUND displayed.

studyguy

Live letter coming 3/26.

You can ask questions and give feedback about 3.2 content here! I think they figured out they've hit a patch people are mostly happy with and they really only need to worry about salty tanks reeling from the terrible VIT balancing (seriously just make it .05 better than STR ffs) and bards reeling from no longer being defaulted into party slots.

They're also taking questions for the UI guy, but I can special sneak preview essentially every one of his answers: "PS3 limitations."

At this point I don't care about the VIT changes, I was PLD low dmg so I was rock bottom already.

Someone should ask them again about formally dropping PS3.
Just cut it off YoshiP

BadRNG

Live letter coming 3/26.

Salty (well not really, I just want the debate to end) tank reporting in, please Like/Upovte/Subscribe to my newsletter in the thread now. That guy's question about portable music box is pretty good too, that's one I can actually see them answering since I am expecting mostly fluff.

Also I believe they say "memory limitations" gotta be diplomatic or else the PS3 players will come after them (in a few hours after they finish loading in).

Ok I love Space Jam but that sounds horrible, especially at the end when the vocals are on top of each other.

scy

Salty (well not really, I just want the debate to end) tank reporting in, please Like/Upovte/Subscribe to my newsletter in the thread now. That guy's question about portable music box is pretty good too, that's one I can actually see them answering since I am expecting mostly fluff.

I just want them to give it +.05 to completely offset "STR is better because no Parry!" as an option. Just ... just force the situation. Plus I want free damage added.

Ok I love Space Jam but that sounds horrible, especially at the end when the vocals are on top of each other.

Yeah, it needs a non-vocal version of the A8 theme or better editing to have it go back and forth.

So I've been looking through various BLM stuff and one thing that keeps popping up is 264 PIE. You pretty much have to be a Dune Lala to get this.

However.. I picked moon-cat. This puts me at 263 PIE. Would I lose much from shunting 1 INT to 1 PIE?

Sorian

Banned
So I've been looking through various BLM stuff and one thing that keeps popping up is 264 PIE. You pretty much have to be a Dune Lala to get this.

However.. I picked moon-cat. This puts me at 263 PIE. Would I lose much from shunting 1 INT to 1 PIE?

I don't think I've looked at my piety since pre-3.0. I've been a white scab aura since 3.0 dropped and I've definitely never put anything into piety so I don't know if I'm over that magical number but I don't think it's actually an important number. I wouldn't actually worry about it, I can imagine that math is required so you don't get caught out on a slow tick during umbral ice but that happens so rarely. More often then not, you aren't draining your MP to near empty with the current timing, movement, and rotations for top fights.

Sorian

Banned
I want to feast more. I only did 3 matches last night but I was having a lot of fun. Forget the haters that don't like BLM, I made a great sleeper and medal hoarder.

studyguy

So is PLD as impossible to kill in Feast as they are in literally everything else PVP?
It's like the one place where our PvE utility set gets absolutely full usage. The irony.

Sorian

Banned
So is PLD as impossible to kill in Feast as they are in literally everything else PVP?
It's like the one place where our PvE utility set gets absolutely full usage. The irony.

Doesn't matter, you shouldn't be targeting the tank to damage them unless they were dumb enough to pick up a ton of medals. A DRK did that last night and he absolutely melted, it was fun watching him try to run while living dead was ticking away.

studyguy

Doesn't matter, you shouldn't be targeting the tank to damage them unless they were dumb enough to pick up a ton of medals. A DRK did that last night and he absolutely melted, it was fun watching him try to run while living dead was ticking away.

PLD in PvP is literally SUPPORT THE TEAM FUCK YOU NO ONE DIES ESPECIALLY NOT ME ENJOY A STUN, A BLIND, A DOT AND A FUCK YOU

Sifl

Can anyone that mains/plays Warrior with a controller show me their hotbar setup or give any advice for having a comfortable layout?

Squishy3

Every match of Feast I've played nobody's focused people with the chest icon above their head indicating they have a ton of medals.

aka gg we fucking lost

Sorian

Banned
Every match of Feast I've played nobody's focused people with the chest icon above their head indicating they have a ton of medals.

aka gg we fucking lost

Yup, which I have been taking advantage of. I scoop up most of our medals and most people are too lazy to follow me when I run instead opting to go for the melee dps in the group.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Should I dump all my Attribute points into VIT for PLD? I have been doing that, but I don't know if I fuck up, I'm operating under the assumption that more HP=better tanking.

Honestly I go with "what stat gets passive enhancements in the traits category? oh VIT for PLD, then cool I'll dump all points there", did the same with NIN and DEX.

Sorian

Banned
Should I dump all my Attribute points into VIT for PLD? I have been doing that, but I don't if I fuck up, I'm operating under the assumption that more HP=better tanking.

Honestly I go with "what stat gets passive enhancements in the traits category? oh VIT for PLD, then cool I'll dump all points there", did the same with NIN and DEX.

If you had asked this question a few months ago, the answer would have been more STR for more DPS. But the answer now is no, do VIT because VIT now affects both your health and your damage.

Lmao, Rattfinx Twinkledinks was at like 3 percent and the dps decided to troll and throw the bomb in our direction. We killed him in time obviously but wow, what a troll. That was going to be a wipe....

Top Bottom