• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Levito

Banned
The nice thing about low level GLD is: If you learn how to hold hate in the early dungeons you shouldn't have any problems holding hate ever again in any instance.

I've gotten pretty good at it! But I was pretty worried cause I was thinking "oh god if the low levels require this much attention I can't imagine how hard it'll be later on." hah

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Honestly once I learned to use L1+Up/Down on dpad to circle through my emnity list and spread the emnity generating combo of the GLD/PLD through a trash pull I don't think I've ever had problem losing aggro. Even with AoE happy DPS. Once you gain access to Shield Oath it's very hard to lose aggro.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So what do y'all think. Is The Feast legit enough to have legs in esports
Never even PvP'd but I still don't think it would ever hit digital sports status. Doesn't seem like there's enough attention paid to PvP balance for that to happen.

Jeels

I'm ready for the Studs of Neogaf Calendar

CdZ12DiVAAAZ_Hc.jpg:large

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
That sounds like the opposite way of getting Drama to be nicer to you.

BadRNG

Never even PvP'd but I still don't think it would ever hit digital sports status. Doesn't seem like there's enough attention paid to PvP balance for that to happen.
Yeah I don't see it ever hitting serious "esport" status, if thats a thing. Balance along with this game's horrid netcode ensure that never happens.

It's fun for what it is, but I can't see anyone looking at it as a serious competitive mode. I'm more worried it will just die out at some point in a few months like every other PvP mode they've introduced. Right now it could last just as a source of tomes but if people start dropping from it, and queues seriously increase, then that stops being worth it too.

Jayhawk

No muscle definition, and Galen still hasn't learned what Drama is attracted to. Put some doorknobs and smartphones on that glamour.

Omni

Seph Ex feels so much easier on AST than WHM. That buffed LA is kinda ridiculous for MP management and then Lightspeed makes healing through the movement phases a breeze. Really notice the difference with enmity generation now too.

I wish they'd make some adjustments to White Mage. Like maybe increase the duration of Shroud of Saints >.>

Thorgal

Level 45 Class quests are such a tease ,

Here ,have these pieces of Ilevel 90 armor but you will have to wait 5 more levels till you can wear them .

and yes i know those where added later to speed new players up

aceface

So I did about 6 matches of Feast last night on SCH and as someone who's not big into pvp, I had a lot of fun with it. It's really intense trying to heal and stay alive...it seemed like for me as SCH it comes down to use and conservation of aetherflow stacks for Lustrate (knowing when to kill the fairy as well). Once I have to stop moving and start hard casting heals, I'm in for a bad time.

I like the medal system too, a match can turn around in a hurry if one person picked up too many medals...makes for some exciting comebacks. The only drawback is that people are salty as hell in there, on only the second day. I had one battle where the dps and tank were at each other's throats the whole time, despite the fact that we won.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, I took out PC name plates in this. Only shows up for GAF members and people on my friend list. They just clutter the screen too much.

I got used to ESO minimalist UI, though I still have a lot of info on my UI in this game the name plates just too much. The enemy name plates are useful though so I didn't turn off those.

Ken

Feast is ok though I think my opinions of it are the same of general FFXIV PvP: healers seem too self-sufficient while tanks are too underpowered? I also really wish the PvP skills got reworked so jobs can effectively spec into different functions.

Qvoth

Got seph weapon last night, wee
Aiming for seph mount now even though personally it doesn't even look that good, the best bird that's not zu imo is ravana's

5il3nc3r

Just finished Cape Westwind and the Praetorium for the first time. I had no idea what was going on. Skipped all the cut-scenes because everyone was rushing expecting to watch them at the inn but they were not there.

Just finished Cape Westwind and the Praetorium for the first time. I had no idea what was going on. Skipped all the cut-scenes because everyone was rushing expecting to watch them at the inn but they were not there.

The cutscenes are there; they're not under the main scenario, but under the trials/dungeons' section.

Top Bottom