• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

BadRNG

Doesn't matter, you shouldn't be targeting the tank to damage them unless they were dumb enough to pick up a ton of medals. A DRK did that last night and he absolutely melted, it was fun watching him try to run while living dead was ticking away.
How much is too much. I did like 285 in a match near the end to bait them, I think that was 8 or 9 stacks of the debuff? it was really fun as they spent the final 60s trying to kill me as I ran around in circles with Grit and popping cooldowns. Got intense near the end as I ran out of CDs and healer out of MP, but we pulled it out.

Only did like 7 matches or something but Feast was fun overall. Being able to sprint as melee without real penalty makes it infinitely less frustrating, and with the medal system I can become legit target as tank. Do the ranking things actually count W/L or is it just more or less an EXP thing, I couldn't tell, even if I lost matches I seemed to be gaining ranks sometimes?

Just like previous modes it'll always come down to your roulette luck on party members though. I probably shouldn't talk since my job is incredibly simple as tank, and I'm terrible at PvP, but at least I know not to chase solo or to use buffs or to like, not just stand there trying to cast as healer. (poor guys)

I have a cure for that {Swiftcast} {Sleep}

Oh, they broke it? Cool, here is my PvP instant cast sleep too.
In my handful of matches I didn't run into a single BLM, on my team or on opponent's. It was pretty great not to have to deal with sleep spam spam all day. I guess SMN is really popular now for PvP after all their time being completely OP in Seal Rock. Pretty much every match was SMN or MCH for the ranged slot.

Also all poaching plans are semi-confodential! Something something this is what happened to Hillary.
seems to be working pretty well for her. You might be the next officer or guild leader or something.

Mattiator

Hello,
I have a wm and miner retainer who are just about to hit 60. Now if I would like to make some gil because I am broke what would you recommend?
Thanks for any responses.

suzu

JP20160311_me_01.jpg

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001411.html

Sorian

Banned
How much is too much. I did like 285 in a match near the end to bait them, I think that was 8 or 9 stacks of the debuff? it was really fun as they spent the final 60s trying to kill me as I ran around in circles with Grit and popping cooldowns. Got intense near the end as I ran out of CDs and healer out of MP, but we pulled it out.

This guy had 11 stacks, I didn't see how much he was holding. When I killed him and picked up the loot we won instantly though.

Thorgal

Can anyone that mains/plays Warrior with a controller show me their hotbar setup or give any advice for having a comfortable layout?

while it all comes down to personal preference i am using this persons setup https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3lqk18/my_comprehensive_tank_setup_for_controller/ .

He made one for all 3 tank classes and his setup is quite inventive .

he only uses 3 and a half bars for his setup

fist 2 for all his skills and the 3rd is for stuff like gathering. mounts etc a,d the last half is reserved for items and a fewx other skills .

when drawing weapons the 3rd bar gets blocked so you only switch between your 2 skill bars when pressing R1 .

He also had a great idea to bind LB to L3which saves space for another skill

also has a macro for war that changes skills on your bar depending if you go into defiance or deliverance stance .

Frumix

Suffering From Success
dont use gauss barrel, at least in my experience the extra potency from some of the skills doesnt merit the loss time you have to switch out of it

Er, of course you have to use it. Bind it somewhere convenient, start without it, reload, then after Split put it on and dish out the procs. MCH is capable of a decent burst and that's true of PVP as well. Ricochet + Gauss Round + Between the eyes on proc is a lot of damage. Don't be shy from using Wildfire, I've never seen anybody cleanse it (although it's hard to make it effective either).

BRD and MCH have a damage falloff mechanic in PVP where to deal maximum damage they have to be around 15 yalms from the target, no closer or farther. How much is a yalm? The diameter of ABC waymarks is around 2.

dramatis

FF14 Reddit currently consists of

How do I heal in PvP
How do I WHM in PvP
How do I AST in PvP
How do I SCH in Feast

Who are all of the people in the vid, only three are recognizeable.
Right to left
Korra, Red, "probably Scything?", a catdude, Raijinken in his latest fashion disaster, Felix sweating buckets

And tasty dragoons I suppose.

Sifl

while it all comes down to personal preference i am using this persons setup https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3lqk18/my_comprehensive_tank_setup_for_controller/ .

He made one for all 3 tank classes and his setup is quite inventive .

he only uses 3 and a half bars for his setup

fist 2 for all his skills and the 3rd is for stuff like gathering. mounts etc a,d the last half is reserved for items and a fewx other skills .

when drawing weapons the 3rd bar gets blocked so you only switch between your 2 skill bars when pressing R1 .

He also had a great idea to bind LB to L3which saves space for another skill

also has a macro for war that changes skills on your bar depending if you go into defiance or deliverance stance .
Just wanted to thank you for this. I'm not copying his exact setup, but the macros and the hotbar swapping definitely gives me a lot more space for skills and swapping to them in an easy way. Which was the main thing I was worried about.

Thorgal

NP.

Now a question from me to any fellow Paladins :

How do you usually deal with bosses that primarily use Magic attacks that a paladin can't block ?

So far i have cleared every content on my Paladin but i cannot deny i get more nerveus around Bosses with Magic attacks .

Valor

Galen noooooooo.

I don't have a dress that is that pretty, don't worry. Also I can tell how long it had been worked on based on my hairstyle. Rip Nine hair for covering my allagan visor.

Right to left
Korra, Red, "probably Scything?", a catdude, Raijinken in his latest fashion disaster, Felix sweating buckets

And tasty dragoons I suppose.
It's actually "Korra, Red, Gryvan, Galen, Felix, and something saucy." The saucy one is likely Gyl since I dunno any other handsome catboys that hang around the dragoons.

Also I just noticed it looks like there's poop circling the horse's feet. Not entirely inaccurate.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't have a dress that is that pretty, don't worry. Also I can tell how long it had been worked on based on my hairstyle. Rip Nine hair for covering my allagan visor.

It's actually "Korra, Red, Gryvan, Galen, Felix, and something saucy." The saucy one is likely Gyl since I dunno any other handsome catboys that hang around the dragoons.

Also I just noticed it looks like there's poop circling the horse's feet. Not entirely inaccurate.
BTW I heard you might be conscripted into going ninja...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anything for the team™ Hopefully our new try out is good so I don't have to do that.

I mean. I tried that SSS on Ninja. Let's just say it didn't go super well. We're better off not... doing that...
The Ninja exodus of Ultros continues.

Anything for the team™ Hopefully our new try out is good so I don't have to do that.

I mean. I tried that SSS on Ninja. Let's just say it didn't go super well. We're better off not... doing that...

I believe in Galeninja

believe in the MNK who believes in your NIN

but if you make me look bad cos I believed then fuck you

gryvan

Well jokes on you I never ran Titan as a DRK!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Really enjoying the beast tribe quests, lots of personality and charm. Like old-school Final Fantasy, reminds me of FF9.

NP.

Now a question from me to any fellow Paladins :

How do you usually deal with bosses that primarily use Magic attacks that a paladin can't block ?

So far i have cleared every content on my Paladin but i cannot deny i get more nerveus around Bosses with Magic attacks .

I too casul to differentiate between magic and physical attacks. I pop my cds all the same and let my healer sort me out.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Had a good time lastnight hanging out with Red, Jedi, and the Horsehead twins. Spent 500k in Gil to update my Carpenter. 😞

Levito

Banned
I started a GLD recently and was told holding hate in dungeons early on is actually pretty tough. The few I've run I haven't had too much trouble but still I find I'm lacking in skills that draw threat(lvl 24 now).

Does it get a bit more manageable soon? Obviously the dungeons get harder, but something just feels missing about tanking right now.

iammeiam

I started a GLD recently and was told holding hate in dungeons early on is actually pretty tough. The few I've run I haven't had too much trouble but still I find I'm lacking in skills that draw threat(lvl 24 now).

Does it get a bit more manageable soon? Obviously the dungeons get harder, but something just feels missing about tanking right now.

The few levels before 26 were the worst in GLD leveling for me--Halatali was the worst dungeon. 26 gives you Rage of Halone which is the third hit in your threat combo, which makes it possible to actually establish a solid threat lead, and gives you something to actually rotate around when rotating threat combo between mobs. Until then it's rough going, lots of flash, and barely ever feeling like you're pulling ahead.

Once you hit 40 and Shield Oath it becomes pretty dead easy to hold hate, but the spot in leveling right before Halone was pretty nasty for me.

Squishy3

The nice thing about low level GLD is: If you learn how to hold hate in the early dungeons you shouldn't have any problems holding hate ever again in any instance.

Top Bottom