• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

Void Ark

:eek:oo
They said this with WoD, too, despite the big option there being which Atomos you killed. Dude didn't even have a chest.

[2.0] The following items will now appear in the treasure chest of each party in an alliance when undertaking Syrcus Tower or the World of Darkness:
Wind-up Onion Knight / Puff of Darkness

That seems to be a gigantic easing in acquiring those two.

Sorian

Banned
I see I'll have to strive for perfection again

[2.0][3.0] The following adjustments have been made to Triple Triad:
New cards have been added.

gryvan

I see I'll have to strive for perfection again

[2.0][3.0] The following adjustments have been made to Triple Triad:
New cards have been added.

NO :mad:

Also I'm extremely curious how they adjusted the ninja mudras to conform with network latency/lag? They only mention it but never really explained it

ebil

There's also a stealth nerf to PLD (and DRK I guess) hidden in there.
The Limit Break Gauge will no longer fill more slowly when multiple members of the same class/job are in the party.

Wondering how common double WAR will become now.

Edit: NVM, that's only for stuff accessible solo with DF that doesn't really matter. PLD and DRK are saved and this is a good change.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When undertaking exploratory missions using a free company airship, players must form a party of at least two people. Players can also form an alliance of up to twenty-four players.
Well that makes it easier
When entering as an alliance, the leader of each party must be a member of the free company whose airship will be used. Furthermore, an airship for each party of the alliance is required.
Or not.

[2.0] The following items will now appear in the treasure chest of each party in an alliance when undertaking Syrcus Tower or the World of Darkness:
Wind-up Onion Knight / Puff of Darkness

[2.0] The following items will now appear in the treasure chest that appears after defeating the Cloud of Darkness:
Encrypted Tomestone / Carboncoat / Carbontwine

They said they would give incentives to run CT. Was that for 3.1? This can't be it... right?

Arkeband

Banned
Tataru removed as TT NPC.

Incoming death, you've been warned!

(or maybe she's abducted by the Warriors of Darkness... nah she's dead)

Edit: Nevermind.

Did I mention hunts are back!!!!

Return of the worst-designed content in FFXIV, yes we're all thrilled.

afk, wait for shouts -> Run to spot -> mash highest enmity skill -> afk some more

yay...

Arkeband

Banned
Being able to get the minion easier is good enough for me.

How hard would it have been for them to add a new category in the challenge log. :p

"Run three distinct Level 50 24-man dungeons"
Reward: EXP
"Run any five Level 50 24-man dungeons"

boom, done, now people might use them to level.

actually, do they give EXP?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How hard would it have been for them to add a new category in the challenge log. :p

"Run three distinct Level 50 24-man dungeons"
"Run any five Level 50 24-man dungeons"

boom, done, now people might use them to level.

actually, do they give EXP?

Raids don't give EXP, no.

dragn

why dont they change the zodiac craft item turn ins from hq to normal after buffing light and dungeon drop rates again

Zakalwe

Banned
Shield Swipe gives a decent boost to overal PLD dos and enmity charge. Not sure it's going to change anything, but it's definitely a nice buff.

The Emperor's New Fist

32355-Dayum-Dayum-DAYUM-Five-Guys-re-iuGN.gif

iammeiam

Galen you get three twines per 8 A3S clears. MCH needs like 2-3 twine, same with BRD. You can gear MCH just fine without hunts.
From tha last live letter digest:

As for adjusting the difficulty of certain dungeons, I believe that when Patch 3.0 went live, everyone was using the Duty Roulette: Leveling, especially those who had reached the level cap. Although I’m sure players may have been matched with those with the New Adventurer mark, but there are also players who struggled with some of the more difficult mechanics in older dungeons that they haven’t been to in a long time. These are the dungeons that are being adjusted. Even playing The Howling Eye now was a bit difficult, so please think of these as adjustments tailored toward newer players.

And from patch notes:

[2.0] The parameters of enemies and mechanics in the following dungeons and trials have been adjusted:
Copperbell Mines / Sastasha / Haukke Manor / Brayflox's Longstop / The Sunken Temple of Qarn / Cutter's Cry / The Stone Vigil / Dzemael Darkhold / The Aurum Vale / Copperbell Mines (Hard) / Haukke Manor (Hard) / The Howling Eye / The Dragon's Neck / The Chrysalis

RIP Hardest Garuda. Are they just straight nerfing anything that might have encouraged people to lrn2mechanics pre-endgame? Early leveling to be even more mind numbing now.

Sorian

Banned
RIP Hardest Garuda. Are they just straight nerfing anything that might have encouraged people to lrn2mechanics pre-endgame? Early leveling to be even more mind numbing now.

Making that gap wider so that people joining end game are even more trashy now.

studyguy

When am I even supposed to use Shield Swipe now?
Says it's an ability now with 15sec recast and 150 pot.
Just swing away when it comes up I guess then.

Bets on how many clan mark logs you need to buy a gobtwine? It's gotta be three or four, they wouldn't give us a twine for two logs.

Time to hunt while you solo hunt. >_<

studyguy

Dungeons and trials accessible solo via the Duty Finder:

The Limit Break Gauge will no longer fill more slowly when multiple members of the same class/job are in the party

Yay.
Dungeons and trials requiring a full party to register via the Duty Finder:

The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly than before for parties with three or more members of the same role. Class/job roles are as follows:

Oh.

Wagram

Tons and tons of QOL changes that should have been implemented a long time ago, but i'll take it. Problem is I still don't really feel the desire to come back. Where is the content that has longevity? I don't see it here, but lords of vermillion does look neat.

scy

All the catch up patch in one spot though. i209 Savage requirements inc.

I am cry

Gotta gear the MCH, though. Rip.

On the bright side, I can finally gear my SMN.

what the hell is there to nerf in Sastasha

gryvan

Tons and tons of QOL changes that should have been implemented a long time ago, but i'll take it. Problem is I still don't really feel the desire to come back. Where is the content that has longevity? I don't see it here, but lords of vermillion does look neat.

relic quest probably?
thats the only thing i can think of on the top of my head...although that will be released on patch 3.15

Top Bottom