• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Redx508

So I decided to turn on the mount music, to see what played when I was using the magitek armor as mount... OMG Terra's theme. Didn't expect that at all, so cooooool.

anigif.gif

Valor

;-; Had a couple of good runs of proc/crit luck on my ritualistic SSS tonight before maint and got that dang a8s dummy to 1% /o\ so close.

Omni

Why can't I sell items if I glamour them? Surely they could do a script or something that removes all glamours of the item you're wanting to sell >.>

Get more and pentameld it onto Eikonic gear and see if you can solo Ramuh EX.

FOR SCIENCE!

lmao

MogCakes

Much needed nerfs to SMN. It's rather annoying that they could just insta-burst you from afar and run without having to expose themselves. MCH and BRD at least have a ranged damage penalty, and BLMs have to stay in place. I've come to hate SMNs in PVP because of that burst and I will one ilm punch them the entire match just to rob them of their dreadwyrm trance.

Wazzy

Banned
My FC's dedicated all 3 of our airships to finding the island it comes from and RNG keeps refusing to let us discover it.

Now that sucks. If you guys find the island do you know if the drop rate is good?

I'm not even sure if my FC would notify us if they found it because i don't know how airships with us work but that's more my fault because I took a break from the game and came back and haven't really spoken to the FC much xD

Squishy3

Now that sucks. If you guys find the island do you know if the drop rate is good?

I'm not even sure if my FC would notify us if they found it because i don't know how airships with us work but that's more my fault because I took a break from the game and came back and haven't really spoken to the FC much xD
I don't know what the drop rate's like but it's probably not very good, although there's actually a decent amount of Zus I've seen around on Ultros. Depending on how many stops you make them take per voyage the time for them to come back can be pretty long too, so that's a factor.

Talaysen

I don't know what the drop rate's like but it's probably not very good, although there's actually a decent amount of Zus I've seen around on Ultros. Depending on how many stops you make them take per voyage the time for them to come back can be pretty long too, so that's a factor.

In my experience the drop rate is fairly low. I've only found one so far. Sending four ships to that sector alone gets pretty good throughput so the market might get flooded with them eventually.

Ken

The Heavy Medal change is kind of rough since I feel like I have to play safer much earlier, though I guess it's balanced out with shorter match times.

http://youtu.be/QMGJyP8nyfI

---

The Feast makes me hate human players far greater than any PvE content can or ever will. Getting the whm who always says you LOS'd them is the reason you didn't get any heals (even though both of you are literally on the same bridge section) makes me want to go healer just to not get them on my team, but that opens up the chance of getting the MNK who forgot 5 seconds in that we agreed to stun lock and kill the Healer.

katagai

My FC has 2 airships (that aren't geared that well) dedicated to getting the mount tokens, and we've gotten about roughly 1 iron voyage spoil a week.

Leunam

So after tanking for so damned long I'm finally going to go about making a pull macro.

What other buffs should I call out in the macro besides Huton for Ninjas and Coeurl Form for Monks?

Omni

Minfilia being the worst. Even in joke trailers!
Haha.

I was just thinking that as I was watching. Bloody Minfilia. Do something useful for once instead of standing around!

So after tanking for so damned long I'm finally going to go about making a pull macro.

What other buffs should I call out in the macro besides Huton for Ninjas and Coeurl Form for Monks?
Call out buffs in your pull macro? Why?

studyguy

Aw man it took me forever to make one too.
It's alright. I just made one like two weeks ago

Just what happens when you raid with voice chat 99% of the time

Leunam

Call out buffs in your pull macro? Why?

So my Ninja can open with Suiton and Trick Attack while under Huton and my Monk can open in Coeurl Form with Demolish into Perfect Balance.

Aw man it took me forever to make one too.
It's alright. I just made one like two weeks ago

Just what happens when you raid with voice chat 99% of the time

Yep, pretty much exactly why I didn't have one until now.

iammeiam

So my Ninja can open with Suiton and Trick Attack while under Huton and my Monk can open in Coeurl Form with Demolish into Perfect Balance.

I prefer macros to generally call out seconds to pull, since the respective jobs should know how many seconds of prep time they need (I have three to five seconds of crap to hit before pull; I don't need anybody to tell me to hit specific skills since it changes depending on CDs, just let me know you're pulling in five seconds.)

I will admit preferring to have the NIN run the macro since it's their timer that generally determines when we pull. Otherwise it tends to be the NIN telling the tank to start the macro, or eternity long macros to give NIN prep time. NIN does NIN things after 8/8 ready check, hits macro at appropriate time, it gives 10 second warning, it counts down from 5 to 1.

Leunam

I prefer macros to generally call out seconds to pull, since the respective jobs should know how many seconds of prep time they need (I have three to five seconds of crap to hit before pull; I don't need anybody to tell me to hit specific skills since it changes depending on CDs, just let me know you're pulling in five seconds.)

I will admit preferring to have the NIN run the macro since it's their timer that generally determines when we pull. Otherwise it tends to be the NIN telling the tank to start the macro, or eternity long macros to give NIN prep time. NIN does NIN things after 8/8 ready check, hits macro at appropriate time, it gives 10 second warning, it counts down from 5 to 1.

That how I usually do things when I run my NIN, I wait for the ready check and then Huton, but sometimes the tank himself either hits the macro preemptively or way late. I don't know the openers for other classes besides those two, so wasn't sure if it helps to point those out or not.

ebil

This is what I prefer as well, but then who cares, our MCH always body pulls before it reaches 0 anyway.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Blackmage was fun in the few Feast matches I did now. No longer getting interrupted by ever single tiny hit.

Omni

Is that something that I as a tank should be pointing out to them? I know absolutely nothing about Ninjas, to be honest. For trials and raids and stuff, I have a 15 second macro with notifications at 15, 10, and then 5-1 seconds. Is that not enough? o:

Leunam

Is that something that I as a tank should be pointing out to them? I know absolutely nothing about Ninjas, to be honest. For trials and raids and stuff, I have a 15 second macro with notifications at 15, 10, and then 5-1 seconds. Is that not enough? o:

Make it 20 seconds. Mudra are on a 20 second cool down so they can cast it and be ready to cast again during the pull.

The Heavy Medal change is kind of rough since I feel like I have to play safer much earlier, though I guess it's balanced out with shorter match times.

http://youtu.be/QMGJyP8nyfI

---

The Feast makes me hate human players far greater than any PvE content can or ever will. Getting the whm who always says you LOS'd them is the reason you didn't get any heals (even though both of you are literally on the same bridge section) makes me want to go healer just to not get them on my team, but that opens up the chance of getting the MNK who forgot 5 seconds in that we agreed to stun lock and kill the Healer.

To be fair, the top 2 reasons in Feast you don't get a heal from me when you need it is either you're out of range (usually a tank is guilty of this) or I picked a nice spot with lots of direct lines/lanes and you somehow are constantly managing to LoS, even when I move around to try to re-establish a line to you. Though if you are both in an open area, that shouldn't be happening.

Valor

I mean... I agree with iammeiam, you really shouldn't have to play your other teammates' classes for them. My group has a regular pull macro that they just time with regular huton pre-cast of the ninja once everyone's ready. There's no real need, I feel, to micromanage other peoples' classes. If you group likes/wants it then that's fine I suppose.

scy

Minimum of ~10s for most pre-pull routines anyway. Huton really just changes the countdown announce to be on the Ninja, not the tank (though if MTing, I'll Infuriate on Huton use). Want the ~5s buffer over most routines so people get ready for it and then 5s for actual pre-pull things.

iammeiam

OK but the real real reason for lengthy prepull macros is because at least once a week somebody hits Ready and then has to go "WAIT ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!" and there has to be padding or it's too late and buffs have already been blown and we're going in unprepared.

studyguy

OK but the real real reason for lengthy prepull macros is because at least once a week somebody hits Ready and then has to go "WAIT ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!" and there has to be padding or it's too late and buffs have already been blown and we're going in unprepared.

My group used to have me verbally count down after a ready check.

You know what happens during verbal ready checks.

FIVE FOUR THREE TW-HOLY SHIT STOP STOP STOOOOOOOOOOOO ON-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Then the ninja's like HUTON'S TICKIN BOIS
BLM/SMN is like I ALREADY CAST IT'S TOO LATE
BRD/MCH and MNK/DRG are like MY FUCKING CEEEEEEDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And as the tank I'm the bad guy in the end because I couldn't stop it
So I'm okay with pull macros because there are no brakes once it starts.
Trains out of the station and we're taking the enemy to pound town with or without your fucking help.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I keep getting a lobby server error.
My FC has 2 airships (that aren't geared that well) dedicated to getting the mount tokens, and we've gotten about roughly 1 iron voyage spoil a week.

That's actually not too bad. How does your FC handle the rewards? Do leaders take them first?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Drop rate is good on it. The loot table on the island is small enough that it's pretty common to get the zu item. I think we're doing about 11 trips a week and getting 3 Zu's out of them. We're also trying to get other stuff though, if you optimize all 4 ships just to go after Zu's I think you could hit 20 trips per week.

Sorian

Banned
My group used to have me verbally count down after a ready check.

You know what happens during verbal ready checks.

FIVE FOUR THREE TW-HOLY SHIT STOP STOP STOOOOOOOOOOOO ON-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Then the ninja's like HUTON'S TICKIN BOIS
BLM/SMN is like I ALREADY CAST IT'S TOO LATE
BRD/MCH and MNK/DRG are like MY FUCKING CEEEEEEDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And as the tank I'm the bad guy in the end because I couldn't stop it
So I'm okay with pull macros because there are no brakes once it starts.
Trains out of the station and we're taking the enemy to pound town with or without your fucking help.

I'm not losing sharpcast just because someone was too late on something, once that macro says 5 seconds left, there is no stopping this train.

Top Bottom