• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

katagai

Ugh I keep getting a lobby server error.

That's actually not too bad. How does your FC handle the rewards? Do leaders take them first?

We don't have a ton of active people playing, so things usually get shared among the leader/officers first. I plan on keeping the airships running until everyone gets the mount, but there seems to be very little interest in it. We had the same issue with the primal minions, where I had made around 20-30 blood peppers so that everyone could get at least one minion each. It was first-come-first-served, with the only requirement being that you had to supply the primal drop for the minion you wanted. In the end, we had at least 10+ peppers left over, so we just let people get multiple minions so they wouldn't go to waste. We're still growing more peppers, so that people can get the rest and in preparation for the next set of minions, but I expect it to be the same.

iammeiam

Wait, did you pop your cooldowns after the body pull? That's the problem!

I'm sitting here thinking "what? should I attack, wipe, or.... wait they're popping stuff crap we won't skip the phase now".

Body pulls tend to happen either way before the pull, when wiping is easy, or close enough to actual pull time that people are already multiple cooldowns into prebuffs. If I hit HE, we're pulling. Rook is great at taking body pull autos

scy

Wait, did you pop your cooldowns after the body pull? That's the problem!

Cooldowns should be popping pre-body pulls. Like, if we have a body pull its at 2-3s left on the timer, most everyone has popped all their relevant pre-pull things by that point.

Edit: The true enemy isn't body pulls but the "oh, that's more SSPD than I thought I had" casts started at 3s announcement. Think of that 1s lost for everyone else!

studyguy

Cooldowns should be popping pre-body pulls. Like, if we have a body pull its at 2-3s left on the timer, most everyone has popped all their relevant pre-pull things by that point.

Edit: The true enemy isn't body pulls but the "oh, that's more SSPD than I thought I had" casts started at 3s announcement. Think of that 1s lost for everyone else!

Exactly, there are poor starving children out there in Ala Migho who would kill for that second of damage, it could be an extra tick for Christ's sake!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
We don't have a ton of active people playing, so things usually get shared among the leader/officers first. I plan on keeping the airships running until everyone gets the mount, but there seems to be very little interest in it. We had the same issue with the primal minions, where I had made around 20-30 blood peppers so that everyone could get at least one minion each. It was first-come-first-served, with the only requirement being that you had to supply the primal drop for the minion you wanted. In the end, we had at least 10+ peppers left over, so we just let people get multiple minions so they wouldn't go to waste. We're still growing more peppers, so that people can get the rest and in preparation for the next set of minions, but I expect it to be the same.

I didn't know y'all were giving out mats for stuff. How can I contribute?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Finally made it on the balcony!

6UKacYQ.png

PRyqDOY.png

NbWeL7w.png

scy

I mean ... Ninja is still the more wanted melee barring a single edge case of World First progression due to HP checks (aka, traited Mantra was needed) rather than anything else.

Edit: Well, and the no-DRK case.

5il3nc3r

The hatching-tide quest where you have to guess the number of colored eggs carried by Spriggans, any tips for the last one? It's driving me nuts.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The hatching-tide quest where you have to guess the number of colored eggs carried by Spriggans, any tips for the last one? It's driving me nuts.
Take a piece of paper, write a row for each color and write a dash for each one that passes.

Alternatively you could take a series of split second pictures if your phone supports that.

5il3nc3r

Thanks guys i'll give it a try. Is the pa-paya song on the Heavensward OST? The song is infectious, i woke up 2 days in a row with that playing in my head.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally got my Ramuh pony. All I need is Shiva and I'm done.

I guess Nightmare too but that means I'll worry about that drop later.

studyguy

Duo PLD locking down healers with voice chat in feast is fucking hilarious.
9 seconds PLUS a silence on the first medica they ALWAYS try to get off then again with glory slash forced one healer to straight up D/C a match earlier from the looks of it.

RaeKasl

Neo Member
On a mildly related note, I made my static rather uncomfortable by referring Sephirot's slams in his final phase as Pound Town.

Correction: You made your static super happy by referring to this as pound town. In your absence last night we taught 3 new people the glory of pound town.

iammeiam

The red on the ravana one pops nicely during night time. Thordan's is ok too. Sephirot and Bis are both kind of meh.

I mostly like the outline of the glow on the Zu more than the pigeons; the distribution of the lit up patches is more visually interesting or something than any of the pigeon palatte/particle swaps.

I wonder if we'll get info on Bennu in the LL next week. I don't want it to be cash shop but at this point I'm expecting cash shop.

I should have full ilevel 200 esoterics soon. Beyond that, I can run Void Ark until my eyeballs bleed to upgrade everything to ilevel 210. What do I do at this point? Farm tomestomes of law? A5 through A8? (I only cleared through A4.)

iammeiam

I should have full ilevel 200 esoterics soon. Beyond that, I can run Void Ark until my eyeballs bleed to upgrade everything to ilevel 210. What do I do at this point? Farm tomestomes of law? A5 through A8? (I only cleared through A4.)

You can start lore and A5-A8 as soon as your iLevel allows; i210 is now just a waypoint phase since A5-A8 will give you access to i220 gear and lore gives you i230. So Void Ark to fill in slots, but the longer lasting gear comes from elsewhere. You will want to start clearing A8 weekly ASAP, because you'll need 7 weeks of A8 clears to eventually get the i230 lore weapon.

You can start lore and A5-A8 as soon as your iLevel allows; i210 is now just a waypoint phase since A5-A8 will give you access to i220 gear and lore gives you i230. So Void Ark to fill in slots, but the longer lasting gear comes from elsewhere. You will want to start clearing A8 weekly ASAP, because you'll need 7 weeks of A8 clears to eventually get the i230 lore weapon.

Can you use the duty finder for any of those? I mean it's available, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's beatable that way...

iammeiam

I am kind of surprised by how long that last phase lasted.

Can you use the duty finder for any of those? I mean it's available, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's beatable that way...

Definitely DF clearable, although not every DF group will necessarily succeed every time. Groups succeed more than they fail, but you may end up in the occasional fail group. You'll also tend to get better groups the earlier in the week you go, since once people get their drops they stop running it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lmao...

"World 3rd group released their vid just now. Miunih was raging about it on twitter, forced Ely to release theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4hB_xYvkk"

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lmao...

"World 3rd group released their vid just now. Miunih was raging about it on twitter, forced Ely to release theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4hB_xYvkk"
Maximum petty if true. Seems dumb to get mad about.

scy

"What mechanics should we use for A8S?"
"Yes."

Eh, it's one of the unspoken rules of bleeding edge progression. It's a sort of basic respect thing for the groups after them when it comes to the big fight of the tier. X clears or Y time, whichever comes first.

iammeiam

World first groups have in the past sat on clear vids until 5 groups have cleared or a couple weeks have passed, to avoid interfering with the race for world second, third, fourth, etc. The rage isn't so much about EM getting beat to posting, as it is about providing strat information before the world whatever race is finished (since strats going public speed up kills for groups who haven't worked out a way to handle mechanics yet--Lucrezia's sac strat last tier completely changed who cleared when. Seeing Elysium's handling of A8S immediately when they cleared may have changed who got world second this tier. Etc.)

It's not something I particularly care about, but it's not like I'm part of the World First mindset so. It started causing friction last tier when people were streaming fights early on so I'm guessing the code of e-honor isn't long for the world regardless.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So the arbitrary clear number got a little bit smaller this time. Got it.

I guess that sucks for people competing for server firsts at this point. Otherwise the race is kind of over.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
hate doing the main scenario DR, those missions are SHIT.

oh well, free 120 poetics tomes.

When I did it the first time I had to skip every single cutscene, because the group was in a hurry. SE should've made that shit solo, if they were going to put so many cutscenes.

studyguy

Running around with 9 stacks and being ignored is fucking weird in The Feast...
Is it because I'm a PLD? I've done it like 5 games in a row and just haven't been targeted beyond the points where my entire party is getting murdered.

Sorian

Banned
Running around with 9 stacks and being ignored is fucking weird in The Feast...
Is it because I'm a PLD? I've done it like 5 games in a row and just haven't been targeted beyond the points where my entire party is getting murdered.

People are in old mind set. Pre-patch you would still be obnoxious to kill, you melt now though.

Top Bottom