• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

I've been trying FF XIV out for the past few weeks and while it's been fun enough for me to stick with it, the players Duty Finder pairs you up with are pretty terrible. I mean, the game tells you when someone in the party is doing a dungeon for the first time, yet impatient a-holes just rush forward and yell obscenities in the chat at others who aren't as experienced or want to go through a dungeon at a slower place.

Valor

Carry me to bird land too senpai.
/o\ b-but
Where's bird Galen. Where is the bird. Galen. Birds. BIRD GAaleen B I R D

Ravana actually feels faster I dunno.
/o\
Ravana feels faster because there's a lot of waiting around for Bis. If you can kill the Corona in one jump Bis feels like it would be quicker.

Bis is kinda annoying. People still mess up the tank swap :l
That's why I tank it so that I only mess up every so often instead of dealing with the inability to do it right even one time.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Ravana feels faster because there's a lot of waiting around for Bis. If you can kill the Corona in one jump Bis feels like it would be quicker.

One corona Bismarck still feels slower (well two I guess counting the first one, if that's even called corona) but yeah it's probably the giant downtime messing with perceptions.

IvorB

So people were joking about Leylines being the ultimate AOE magnet the other day. I was in Void Ark and two black mages set up their Leylines next to each other so I decided it would look cool if I added mine also. It did look cool for about a second but the result was inevitable. :-(

Redx508

I've been trying FF XIV out for the past few weeks and while it's been fun enough for me to stick with it, the players Duty Finder pairs you up with are pretty terrible. I mean, the game tells you when someone in the party is doing a dungeon for the first time, yet impatient a-holes just rush forward and yell obscenities in the chat at others who aren't as experienced or want to go through a dungeon at a slower place.

yea your going find players like that in any mmo always rushing to get things done and not giving a fuck about new players. if there are being dicks in chat you can report them that's about it. yea it sucks but try asking your fc for help

Wazzy

Banned
Ravana actually feels faster I dunno.
To be fair, I haven't actually finished Rav due to joining endgame later and when I did attempt him it was with random groups each time whereas Biz I had a steady and good group who destroyed him quite easily.

So maybe my perception of Rav isn't the greatest lol
Bis is kinda annoying. People still mess up the tank swap :l

Yeah that's definitely an annoying part.

yea your going find players like that in any mmo always rushing to get things done and not giving a fuck about new players. if there are being dicks in chat you can report them that's about it. yea it sucks but try asking your fc for help

How do you report a player? I couldn't even add them to my blacklist afterwards since they were from another server or something.
I'm playing on a PS4, with a controller, so I can't play and chat and navigate game menus all at the same.

Redx508

How do you report a player? I couldn't even add them to my blacklist afterwards since they were from another server or something.
I'm playing on a PS4, with a controller, so I can't play and chat and navigate game menus all at the same.

to report a player Select System(in the main menu) , then Support Desk > Contact Us > Report Harassment and fill out the info

you can use any usb keyboard/mouse on the ps4 it makes chatting easier

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man good thing I have yet to experience that. I'm a tank which are usually more prone to get yelled at if something goes wrong.

Even when I did Hullbreaker Isle yesterday, I had a hard time grasping the mechanics because frankly the last boss in that dungeon is garbage, and the party was super cool about it.

edit: well yesterday in castrum meridianum I ran into something similar, but it wasn't that bad. dude was just a shitty healer, and we just rolled with it and ignored his shit.

Lyng

So I have been playing for about 2 months now and really dig the game. I only have one complaint. I dont really like the fact that healers have to dps as much as they heal.
Its not that its hard to do, I would just prefer the mobs to hit harder so healing was more intense and that you had to focus all your energy on that.

iammeiam

So I have been playing for about 2 months now and really dig the game. I only have one complaint. I dont really like the fact that healers have to dps as much as they heal.
Its not that its hard to do, I would just prefer the mobs to hit harder so healing was more intense and that you had to focus all your energy on that.

A big issue with this is that dungeon content is supposed to be beatable regardless of who you get paired with, a design philosophy that prohibits making damage too high since it has to be clearable with that WHM that does nothing but chain cast Medica II.

This makes the boosted Acc caps in the two latest dungeons incredibly annoying--I spend 70-80% of a dungeon in Cleric Stance (and I'm pretty sure I overheal a lot), but I end up missing a ton. I have nothing else to do, stop making Aero 3 miss.

After seeing that splash art in the FFXIVxPSO2 trailer I'm reminded that I would like to fantasia to Elvaan but they look more like aliens than elves. The lanky bodies and long necks look very strange to me, not in the way where it seems intentional but more like the "we fucked up but it's too late to change anything now" kind of way.

I'm hoping they don't make the same mistake with whatever tall race they add next (if they're even planning on adding any more races).

After seeing that splash art in the FFXIVxPSO2 trailer I'm reminded that I would like to fantasia to Elvaan but they look more like aliens than elves. The lanky bodies and long necks look very strange to me, not in the way where it seems intentional but more like the "we fucked up but it's too late to change anything now" kind of way.

I'm hoping they don't make the same mistake with whatever tall race they add next (if they're even planning on adding any more races).

I've been playing an Elezen for a while now and I can safely say none of this ever bothered me/ it is hardly noticeable.

studyguy

Just give me like the vanilla Hunter, Ranger, Caster suits from old PSO and I'll shut up.
Maybe a weapon too. Fuck that'd be cool as shit, the dye could change the photon.
wp-PSO-36-1024.jpg
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu it could work make my dreams come true yoship!

iammeiam

I would take that sniper rifle thing. GB would look dumb on it but it'd be worth it.

Don't even joke about that!

no one want's that

Do you play a magical alternate universe version of this game?

Are there fewer Au'ra and Miqo'te there?

If so can you draw me a map.

Top Bottom