• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Levito

Banned
Is there a resource y'all look at for optimal rotations? I think I've got a pretty good grasp on PLD, but I wanna read up on how to do better.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is there a resource y'all look at for optimal rotations? I think I've got a pretty good grasp on PLD, but I wanna read up on how to do better.

PLD rotation seems pretty simple to me (pre-Heavensward), circle of scorn+flash+rage of halone combo+fracture for the DoT.

pop CDs depending on the situation, always have Fight or Flight on whenever avaiable. Really easy rotation imo.

As long as you hold aggro and avoid tankbuster mechanics you are doing your job.

Just did Lost City of Amdapor omg best dungeon so far, love how it looked and the Diabolos mechanic with the doors was super cool.

I'm not even rushing towards heavensward taking me sweet ass time fuck it, there's content pre-Heavensward that I want to experience precisely for this reason, that dungeon was great.

Squishy3

Ask Felix about A3S.

Those PVP logs show exactly why I won't play ranked ever. The worst side of people comes out in "srs business" competitive stuff.
It's the same thing as Dota/League/HotS etc. Only ever queue as a full party if you don't want a terrible experience

On a boss?

Open with halone combo if one of the dps is actually good. You shouldn't be losing hate under shield oath, but you never know.

Otherwise you should be doing 2 Royal authority combos between every goring blade.

That is literally it.

Kyrios

Newbie questions:

#1 - When does the little sprout leaf next to my name disappear? I thought I read 40 hours, but I'm not sure.

#2 - Does it cost anything to change worlds/servers?

Newbie questions:

#1 - When does the little sprout leaf next to my name disappear? I thought I read 40 hours, but I'm not sure.

#2 - Does it cost anything to change worlds/servers?

it's 40 hours but I believe based on feedback that will be changed.

Yes it costs money to move servers (You can also only move 1 million gil so you have to convert the rest to items to resell on the new server). Creating a new character on a new server is free though

Kyrios

it's 40 hours but I believe based on feedback that will be changed.

Yes it costs money to move servers (You can also only move 1 million gil so you have to convert the rest to items to resell on the new server). Creating a new character on a new server is free though

Thanks so much! So basically I can have different characters on different servers, really good to know.

Every now and again I love seeing these as a DPS after a dungeon, it usually tells me that I'm doing something right lol.

CeMlhVZUsAAALJV.jpg:large

Jaeyden

Anyone here on Zodiark?

Prolly not..

Every now and again I love seeing these as a DPS after a dungeon, it usually tells me that I'm doing something right lol.

It probably means they were a group and you were the only one they could commend...seriously no offense not trying to be a dick.

Error

I get plenty of comms with my PLD usually two per dungeon run with a light party, but I almost never get one with my NIN.

Omni

Still, there's plenty of people who don't leave commendations at all, especially for a dps. Yeah it was probably a preformed group but it still means you're doing something right.

Oh I know, just joking around.

It's a rare occurrence that I don't get a comm from duties at this point. One of the perks of maining a healer, I guess xD. Nice to get them while playing Bard though. I swear I'm the only person I've seen who uses the esuna thing now

I stopped caring about comms ever since I got the golden magitek mount, honestly. Usually I get comms all the time on any class I play. Got 6-7 comms once in alex just for being a good healer. They don't really tell me anything since the player can't commend you with a message.

Omni

What's the best thing to meld on White Mage gear? I'm confused about that stuff still. I know... main stats are capped or something. But eh. Right now my entire left side is almost filled with accuracy. Seems to have helped a bit.

Anything in particular I should be doing for the rest? What about my weapon? (I'm not sure if that differs from the normal armour)

ebil

What's the best thing to meld on White Mage gear? I'm confused about that stuff still. I know... main stats are capped or something. But eh. Right now my entire left side is almost filled with accuracy. Seems to have helped a bit.

Anything in particular I should be doing for the rest? What about my weapon? (I'm not sure if that differs from the normal armour)
Accuracy to whichever cap is relevant to you, then it's a matter of preference. A lot of White Mages love Spell Speed. I personally like PIE better for progression, even though I'll probably try building a Spell Speed set when more gear is available to me.

There really isn't a bad secondary stat for healers, and only SCH has one obvious desirable stat. Weapon isn't any different.

tgl3

Neo Member

Healer melding at the moment is fairly debatable due to the accuracy issues healers now experience in end-game (heck, even in the latest expert dungeons).

There are three main schools of thought
  1. Meld full Acc - this is to guarantee you can put out DPS in Midas Savage. Healing is unaffected. You may go voer the accuracy cap for lower content, rendering the extra accuracy pointless.
  2. Meld no Acc - instead meld usual healer materia like Det and Crit (possibly piety or even spell speed at a push). This helps your healing side and your DPS a bit (though you will still miss attacks)
  3. Mix it up - meld all acc on left gear, for example, then other stats on right side. This can help your healing a small amount and still help dps but you're likely still not at accuracy cap so misses will still occur, albeit much less often. If you do happen to meet accuracy cap for the content you want then you just meld your secondary stats elsewhere.
Now, I don't raid as WHM so I'm not sure which one of the above is best suited, but to be frank what you meld depends on how you heal and the gear you have equipped (due to the risk of maxing an attribute on one piece of gear). To expand on this, visit this site http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/WHM and select the materia icon next to the gear you have. This will show you what you can meld (as if you meld a stat that is maxed on that gear, it'll just add +0). For example the WHM sephirot staff you won't be able to meld Crit as it has max crit, but you can meld piety/ss/acc/det.

Oh, and if you meld onto Lore/Alex gear remember trading it in for the better version will lose the materia you melded.

Had a trying run in Sohm Al yesterday night. My SCH is basically iLevel 120, decked out in Poetics. I also bought the level 50 book from the vendor. The WAR tank liked crazy big pulls and came close to dying a few times. I had to spam heal and was worried about my MP for most of it.

Do I need to upgrade my gear or was the WAR just pulling too many enemies at the same time? We were basically fine during the bosses, although I need to do a better job of anticipating instead of reacting.

tgl3

Neo Member
Had a trying run in Sohm Al yesterday night. My SCH is basically iLevel 120, decked out in Poetics. I also bought the level 50 book from the vendor. The WAR tank liked crazy big pulls and came close to dying a few times. I had to spam heal and was worried about my MP for most of it.

Do I need to upgrade my gear or was the WAR just pulling too many enemies at the same time? We were basically fine during the bosses, although I need to do a better job of anticipating instead of reacting.

Is your book ilevel 120 as well? The "damage" of your weapon affects your raw healing too, so if you only have a basic i115 weapon that will hurt your healing significantly.

Alternative causes include the tank not using cooldowns or being undergeared himself. Otherwise yeah, upgrade your gear with dungeon drops over time.

Demoskinos

PLD rotation seems pretty simple to me (pre-Heavensward), circle of scorn+flash+rage of halone combo+fracture for the DoT.

pop CDs depending on the situation, always have Fight or Flight on whenever avaiable. Really easy rotation imo.

As long as you hold aggro and avoid tankbuster mechanics you are doing your job.

Just did Lost City of Amdapor omg best dungeon so far, love how it looked and the Diabolos mechanic with the doors was super cool.

I'm not even rushing towards heavensward taking me sweet ass time fuck it, there's content pre-Heavensward that I want to experience precisely for this reason, that dungeon was great.

As you should. Cause going back later to Ampdapor Hard Mode will be much cooler when you see how they remixed the level. :)

IvorB

I don't even know how many commends I have anymore. Even if I do poorly, tanking 24/7 gets you commends no matter what.

This is why I don't commend tanks as a matter of principle unless they are going above and beyond to explain stuff to new people. Normally I like to throw those commends to my fellow DPS because I know how it is.

Is your book ilevel 120 as well? The "damage" of your weapon affects your raw healing too, so if you only have a basic i115 weapon that will hurt your healing significantly.

Definitely need an upgrade then. I'll search around and see if I can find a vendor that sells it. I would hate to have to pay the 200k or so they want on the market board.

Alternative causes include the tank not using cooldowns or being undergeared himself. Otherwise yeah, upgrade your gear with dungeon drops over time.

Helps to actually get drops you know. :p
(Cleared it, and a AST weapon dropped. I nearly cried...)

I honestly only think SCH should even bother worrying about ACC in Midas. Unless your arrangement is that you will be doing more DPS, don't even bother with ACC.

For me in Midas, I'm going spell speed/piety as much as I can with Determination the third, lowest priority.

Valor

I honestly only think SCH should even bother worrying about ACC in Midas. Unless your arrangement is that you will be doing more DPS, don't even bother with ACC.

For me in Midas, I'm going spell speed/piety as much as I can with Determination the third, lowest priority.
Also make your Bard use rain of death or something maybe who cares it's a bard

studyguy

This is why I don't commend tanks as a matter of principle unless they are going above and beyond to explain stuff to new people. Normally I like to throw those commends to my fellow DPS because I know how it is.

It's okay, I'll still get 2 other commends from the rest of the team on 4man DF

tgl3

Neo Member
Definitely need an upgrade then. I'll search around and see if I can find a vendor that sells it. I would hate to have to pay the 200k or so they want on the market board.
The ironworks i120 one can be bought for poetics. Specifically, the items needed for it are bought with poetics. More poetics will upgrade it to 130.

Jayhawk

RIP WHM DPS. The 25th, 50th, and 75th percentile numbers for WHM dps in Midas Savage are pretty low.

The top rankings for WHM right now: http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/10#class=Global&spec=WhiteMage

The ironworks i120 one can be bought for poetics. Specifically, the items needed for it are bought with poetics. More poetics will upgrade it to 130.

I looked up the expansion vendors...

Level 52, Dravanian Forelands, iLevel 125
Level 54, Moghome, iLevel 133
Level 56, Sea of Clouds, iLevel 139
Level 58, Matoyas Cave, iLevel 145

Error

getting paired with noobs in the DF main scenerio is the best, dat tomes bonus.

noobs pls.

So what do you think is the most rewarding DPS class in terms of playability?

the things i am willing to wear on the road to becoming a master pyromaniac .

Nothing as bad as the zebra thong :shudders

Top Bottom