• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Village

Dungeons, with people who assume way to much about one class is completely enjoyable.

Dungeons with people who have dissociated themselves with the idea, someone is a lower level, or has lower item level is completely unenjoyable.

If we're just generalizing what comes from Sega, I expect a Sonic suit before a Miku suit. Either one is absolutely awful.
I would pay Infitinte money, for shadow the hedgehog armor.

Uncomfortable amounts.

I've been playing an Elezen for a while now and I can safely say none of this ever bothered me/ it is hardly noticeable.

I can't not notice it. Characters like Fran and all the other Viera are tall but don't have the same issues so it's definitely possible to do it right.

Speaking of which, please add Viera to the next expansion SE.

If anything, they should look more weird. All the races are too normal, even the anime potatoes.

I think they have good diversity in body types with Hyur/Lalafell/Roegadayn/Elvaan. Miqote and Au Ra however don't really bring anything different enough to the table in terms of body type.

SE have a good catalogue of different creatures that could be made as playable races. But they've gone the route of just making alterations to Hyur (Au Ra). I've heard that they do this because it's hard to make armor models for a new body type, in that case going forward I don't expect them to add new races that are drastically different from what's already available.

I can't not notice it. Characters like Fran and all the other Viera are tall but don't have the same issues so it's definitely possible to do it right.

Speaking of which, please add Viera to the next expansion SE.

I dunno, maybe it is the way I made my character look. I made her look half human and elf and her ears aren't too big, plus I didn't make her tall as hell so I guess it doesn't bother me at all. I have to admit it took me a long time to design an Elezen I actually liked... so maybe fool around in the retainer menu and save a look you like? I don't understand why they need to fix the proportions like you say, but I can tell you I have honestly never had a problem with my character or even notice it much to bother me. I think people exaggerate this but that's just my opinion. Maybe the only thing that bothers me is the way they stand, but that's easily fixed by changing pose.

Viera? you can pretty much make one with the bunny ears and stuff.... >.<

Village

The PS3 and its graphical limitations.

So i gotta wait till... what did they say, after the next expansion?

Question for the thread, would you like a playable race of moogles, like a race of moogles from a different part of the world, that look more... like playable characters?

Zomba13

Would be nice if the next race wasn't just Human + animal parts they found in the back.

Like, maybe actually the Bangaa or a one of the beastmen races. I always wanted to be a Yagudo in FFXI and I think I'd fantasia into a Gnath or Vath or whatever instantly.

IvorB

My catboy is way too skinny. That's my only complaint really. I don't know why they block people from trying to make them more buff.

I dunno, maybe it is the way I made my character look. I made her look half human and elf and her ears aren't too big, plus I didn't make her tall as hell so I guess it doesn't bother me at all. I have to admit it took me a long time to design an Elezen I actually liked... so maybe fool around in the retainer menu and save a look you like? I don't understand why they need to fix the proportions like you say, but I can tell you I have honestly never had a problem with my character or even notice it much to bother me. I think people exaggerate this but that's just my opinion. Maybe the only thing that bothers me is the way they stand, but that's easily fixed by changing pose.

Viera? you can pretty much make one with the bunny ears and stuff.... >.<

I'm not saying they have to change anything because they won't. The Elvaan as they are now are going to be the same all the way till the servers shut down. The team isn't going to change them because they don't see an issue with them. My comments and views on them are my own.

As for your last comment the bunny ears just make anyone who wears them look like [insert race here] wearing bunny ears. There's a lot more to Viera design then just a pair of bunny ears, this is the same for most of the races. However it was my fault for starting things off in a reductive fashion because that really just starts a race to the bottom where everyone is taking turns stripping things of their elements until there's nothing left.

BadRNG

Would be nice if the next race wasn't just Human + animal parts they found in the back.

Like, maybe actually the Bangaa or a one of the beastmen races. I always wanted to be a Yagudo in FFXI and I think I'd fantasia into a Gnath or Vath or whatever instantly.
Some of the concept art they did for the Aura where they are basically full scales/dragon/lizard were really nice, shame they didn't go that route. I think something like that is about as far as they'd be willing to go, humanoid but very beast. Anything really different like Vath is probably out just because of the work needed for armor models.

gryvan

Some of the concept art they did for the Aura where they are basically full scales/dragon/lizard were really nice, shame they didn't go that route. I think something like that is about as far as they'd be willing to go, humanoid but very beast. Anything really different like Vath is probably out just because of the work needed for armor models.

Think the main reason is that its gonna conflict with the story with ishgardians and their "hatred" for dragonkind so they made them more human with scales instead

:/

I'm not saying they have to change anything because they won't. The Elvaan as they are now are going to be the same all the way till the servers shut down. The team isn't going to change them because they don't see an issue with them. My comments and views on them are my own.

You do have a point there though because the concept art shows them just like half elves and nothing like in game. Maybe in a future expansion we will get half race options or in the next ff mmo.... years and years from now.

Apoptomon

Is it worth going back and the old level 50 roulette dungeons at this stage (3.2) ? I skipped over several when HW dropped. Which reminds me I oughta get of my arse and into the 60 ex ones other than Fractal/Alwaysreap.
As an aside, what level is Sephirot normal at?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
is there an app or site that lets you know when a FATE is about to pop up? Basically what I'm asking for is a FATE timer.

Squishy3

Is it worth going back and the old level 50 roulette dungeons at this stage (3.2) ? I skipped over several when HW dropped. Which reminds me I oughta get of my arse and into the 60 ex ones other than Fractal/Alwaysreap.
As an aside, what level is Sephirot normal at?
Yeah, they give poetics which you can use for alt-gear/HW relic items when doing them and then the level 50 roulette gives esoterics as well as poetics when done on a level 60 character. Plus stuff like beating Pharos Sirius and Amdapor City are required for two of the HW dungeons, as they're hard-mode versions of those two dungeons.

Zomba13

Yeah. The concept art for the Au-ra, where the males were more dragon/lizard people and the females were more succubus were so cool. They could still use different scaled armour models to cover up the lizard stuff but they'd be a much more unique looking race.

And yeah, I don't expect Vath or any non humanoid races but it'd still be nice. I just hope the next race is more unique. Maybe go full furry? Full scales?

Apoptomon

Yeah, they give poetics which you can use for alt-gear/HW relic items when doing them and then the level 50 roulette gives esoterics as well as poetics when done on a level 60 character. Plus stuff like beating Pharos Sirius and Amdapor City are required for two of the HW dungeons, as they're hard-mode versions of those two dungeons.
Oh cool. I wasn't sure Poe were still useful, but I guess they are.

Squishy3

Yeah, currently the HW relic is outdated, but it'll get more steps in the future to bring it up to speed. It's just a grind, is all.

Even though I'm currently building it for my Warrior since it looks cool and it's got crit instead of parry unlike the Eso axe.

You do have a point there though because the concept art shows them just like half elves and nothing like in game. Maybe in a future expansion we will get half race options or in the next ff mmo.... years and years from now.

Half-elf would literally be Hilda, who looks cool and has a cool hairstyle as well. Seems like the kind of thing they would do just for single NPCs though.

is there an app or site that lets you know when a FATE is about to pop up? Basically what I'm asking for is a FATE timer.

There is one for Hunts but I don't think there are any for general FATEs.

BadRNG

Think the main reason is that its gonna conflict with the story with ishgardians and their "hatred" for dragonkind so they made them more human with scales instead

:/
I don't think that is it; (some minor DRK story spoilers):
it's already established that the Ishgardians thought(some still think) that Aura were related to dragons and many were hunted/killed because of it.
If anything it would of made more sense for why Yugiri hid her face, the explanation given what they later establish Aura as is pretty weak. They are both fairly humanlike still and apparently everyone knew about them.

Honestly the whole new race aspect felt really tacked on, story/lore wise, when you think about it. They don't really appear much in the story, no one cares if you are one, and they hastily explained that they aren't even actually related to dragons so what could of been an interesting plot thread got dropped there too.

No, fates seem to operate on a time range rather than set timer. The range can be pretty big and different fates have different ranges. There's no way to know when one will be popping.

And yeah, I don't expect Vath or any non humanoid races but it'd still be nice. I just hope the next race is more unique. Maybe go full furry? Full scales?
It would be nice for them to try something different but I won't get my hopes up. I may be remembering wrong but I thought YoshiP said they abandoned the more beastlike Aura because of the popularity of those kinds of races versus the more standard human-like. Same reason Aura females are short and petite despite the males being the tallest race.

Ken

[10:20](Vers Allusia) hi
[10:21](Maxibubicus Drakarys) hey
[10:21](Caim Du'vartha) Heya
[10:21](Vers Allusia) lets kill their drg
[10:21](Caim Du'vartha) sure
[10:21](Vers Allusia) drk can you be on whm?
[10:21](Caim Du'vartha) yup
[10:22]Fox Sly of the Fangs obtains an offense kit.
[10:22]Vers Allusia of the Claws obtains an offense kit.
[10:22]Qhon Tayuun of the Claws obtains a defense kit.
[10:22]Aria Snow of the Fangs obtains a defense kit.
[10:22]Vers Allusia of the Claws drops 50 medals.
[10:22]Fox Sly of the Fangs earns 50 medals.
[10:23](Vers Allusia) ...
[10:23](Vers Allusia) man i have the same scholar from last time that sucked
[10:23](Maxibubicus Drakarys) you suck
[10:25](Vers Allusia) purify the fuckin sleep you shitty fuckin healer
[10:25](Vers Allusia) jesus christ
[10:25]Nono Adomo of the Fangs earns 50 medals.
[10:25](Maxibubicus Drakarys) i did you fucking moron
[10:25](Maxibubicus Drakarys) it has a long recast
[10:25](Maxibubicus Drakarys) you are so fucking stupid
[10:25](Vers Allusia) you couldnt fuckin keep me up at the start when noone was on you with full atherflow
[10:25](Vers Allusia) just stop fuckin queuing for pvp and ruining shit
[10:25](Maxibubicus Drakarys) it's called stun lock
[10:25](Vers Allusia) if you cant play
[10:26](Vers Allusia) no i watched you, nobody was fuckin on you
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) stupid dps
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) ...
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) you are stupid
[10:26]30 seconds until the Culling Time.
[10:26](Vers Allusia) just wait till youre on the enemy time
[10:26](Vers Allusia) ill fuckin rape your shitty ass
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) always the dps
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) they have it so easy
[10:26](Maxibubicus Drakarys) moron
[10:26]Qhon Tayuun of the Claws obtains an adrenaline kit.
[10:27]The Culling Time begins!
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) we still could have won
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) if you would try
[10:27]Nono Adomo of the Fangs obtains a defense kit.
[10:27](Vers Allusia) not with your bitch ass stfu
[10:27](Vers Allusia) you sucked last match too
[10:27]Qhon Tayuun of the Claws obtains an offense kit.
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) go play a job that takes kill
[10:27]The culling intensifies!
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) skill
[10:27](Vers Allusia) I main healer all the time in this
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) ya
[10:27](Maxibubicus Drakarys) w/e
[10:28](Vers Allusia) and my fuckin winrate is 81%
[10:28](Vers Allusia) dumb bitch as
[10:28](Maxibubicus Drakarys) i'm sooo impressed
[10:28](Maxibubicus Drakarys) ...
[10:28](Vers Allusia) stop fuckin queuing for pvp
[10:28](Maxibubicus Drakarys) stop being stupid
[10:28](Vers Allusia) I will when you learn how to press LUSTRATE
[10:28]The culling intensifies!
[10:28](Maxibubicus Drakarys) how stupid can you be
[10:28]The Culling Time comes to a close.
[10:28](Vers Allusia) stands there with noone on him and cant press lustrate
[10:28](Vers Allusia) LOL fuckin shitty ass healer
[10:29](Maxibubicus Drakarys) the fucking pld was on me
[10:29]You obtain 20 Allagan tomestones of esoterics.
[10:29]You cannot receive any more Allagan tomestones of lore this week.
[10:29]You acquire 150 PvP EXP.
[10:29]You obtain 150 Wolf Marks.
[10:29](Maxibubicus Drakarys) fuck you

are we esports yet

good lord, remind me to not bother with pvp ever.

Seeing that makes me want to try it out since i find it hilarious how people lose their cool at the slightest set back in team games.

I still haven't done any because I've been leveling DRK/WHM whenever I've been on. Maybe that will change next time I login.

ebil

So just what kind of dps do you need for AS6? Trying to beat it with the i210 weapon and I got as far as 1 percent, such failure.
I barely beat it at i211 (basically ghetto i210, Void Ark body + Midan Belt of Scouting) with a Yukimitsu, with probably more than a few lucky crits. I think it's supposed to be 1498 DPS for NIN (you're a NIN, right?).

Valor

So just what kind of dps do you need for AS6? Trying to beat it with the i210 weapon and I got as far as 1 percent, such failure.

23915cc0b2.png

also

http://ffxiv.2digitalgames.de/

Got Sephirot Extreme to 9 percent tonight…. Fight is a lot easier for me now that I've seen the whole fight. Gonna try to clear tomorrow again if I don't have too much work. I realize it is useless to complete seph ex by week 7 but hey... bragging rights and cool weapons (even when people still wear them to show off despite thinking they are ugly)

Ken

[19:49](Kyrie Whisperwind) Hello!What's the battle plan?
[19:50](Kyrie Whisperwind) Do you want def buff, Tribia?
[19:50]Kyrie Whisperwind marks Tribia Nitsua as “Circle.”
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) omfg
[19:50](Qhon Tayuun) kill healer
[19:50](Qhon Tayuun) i'll stun
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) fuck yourself
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) of coarse i need to buff
[19:50](Kyrie Whisperwind) o_O
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) when doesnt a healer
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) holy fuck
[19:50](Kyrie Whisperwind) I meant the defense buff from the box...
[19:50](Tribia Nitsua) i hope so
[19:50]Tribia Nitsua of the Fangs obtains a defense kit.
[19:51]Neliel Tu of the Claws obtains a defense kit.
[19:51]Felix Rivers of the Claws obtains an offense kit.
[19:51](Tribia Nitsua) if i hear someone say protect one more time
[19:51]Shirito Tan of the Fangs obtains an offense kit.
[19:51](Tribia Nitsua) i have to do it every god damn time
[19:51](Tribia Nitsua) i knwo
[19:51](Tribia Nitsua) i dont need to hear it
[19:52]Kyrie Whisperwind of the Fangs drops 50 medals.
[19:52]Black Ace of the Claws earns 50 medals.
[19:52](Tribia Nitsua) ouch
[19:52]Shirito Tan of the Fangs drops 50 medals.
[19:52]Neliel Tu of the Claws earns 50 medals.
[19:52]Tribia Nitsua of the Fangs drops 50 medals.
[19:52]Neliel Tu of the Claws earns 50 medals.
[19:53]Qhon Tayuun of the Fangs drops 50 medals.
[19:53]Black Ace of the Claws earns 50 medals.
[19:53]You obtain 20 Allagan tomestones of esoterics.
[19:53]You obtain 10 Allagan tomestones of lore.
[19:53]You acquire 150 PvP EXP.
[19:53]You obtain 150 Wolf Marks.

for felix

My catboy is way too skinny. That's my only complaint really. I don't know why they block people from trying to make them more buff.

I prefer a little too skinny. I'm tired of the only male choices being 'roid-ed out weightlifters who spend way too much time at the gym.

You can gear up a level 50 in iLvl 120 gear through Poetics. That'll help you on the way to level 60. The updated AF gear provided by quests is iLvl 110, and that's left side only.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
MOBAs make people so mad there was a guy on the other team who started raging in chat about how bad I was.

I mean, I was really bad, but still.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Farmed Coil yesterday and got everything I needed for the Answers orchestrion roll. Never going to leave my in-game house now.

Farmed Coil yesterday and got everything I needed for the Answers orchestrion roll. Never going to leave my in-game house now.

Answers is such an epic final boss theme. I wonder how Alex prime's (lol) theme will go. It will probably going to be a mixture of all the themes put together, similar to brute justice.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

That effort probably would've looked a lot more enticing if it wasn't for a positioned 60kbps radio.

Top Bottom