• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Seriously?

I just came back to the game and am part of the GAF FC on Ultros :(

Nah, just playing. Haven't been on Ultros in over a year so I dunno how it is.

Anywho MCN is so much more fun than Bard, even though it's a little complex. Following the MCN guide as best I can, just have to adjust since I don't have all the skills right now at 42

Kyrios

I hate the fact that this game is always on sale when I don't feel like buying it lol, wasn't it around $10 like 3-4 weeks ago?

Hummm I don't know if I should just jump in or wait.

Yeah I got it for $10 back in January I think. The only other MMOs I've played were Vindictus and Guild Wars 2. But I'm having a blast so far with FFXIV. Community on the Lamia servers at least are extremely helpful and I never have a problem teaming up with a party.

The members in my Free Company are fantastic as well.

When one of your good friends flat out refuses to help you and instead plays Seph ex with others, it is impossible to not feel like crap. Drama is such a wonderful thing, isn't it? I got seph down to 4 percent last night with a good group but then they were tired. If I were playing with my friend, I would have this clear already because he's a very good healer. The struggle is real on this game ;_; so I hope cross play becomes reality so I can play with some of you.

KanameYuuki

Alright I just bought it and I'm getting ready for the ride, but ofc, there are like a thousand servers to choose from. I'll try to create a char on Ultros this midnight but I don't know where to go meanwhile.

Omni

Bards don't have positionals, so no? I don't think the dummies have the same accuracy cap as the actual bosses so it shouldn't matter. Have you noticed any misses?

Not misses, but if I'm behind I can clear one dummy with like 10 seconds left, but in front I'm either just clearing or failing. Mostly the latter.

BadRNG

Not misses, but if I'm behind I can clear one dummy with like 10 seconds left, but in front I'm either just clearing or failing. Mostly the latter.
If you aren't missing then it's in your head and you're just playing worse from the front? There's no damage difference or anything since no positional for bard.

10 seconds is a short enough time period that it just comes down to whether you got lucky on crits that run or you didn't. Especially for BRD where crit rates effect your DPS significantly.

Squishy3

Ravana farm parties are the worst.

it'd honestly be faster to do the fight properly and see all the mechanics through than to try to skip adds or swift liberation. because for some reason swift liberation is hard for people to do now.

rubius01

suRKeL5.jpg

poor poor drama....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The page with 7-11 collaboration details is up. While I know that the "prizes" were already shown, I think this is the first time we got the list of products with points and the confirmation that 1 drink = 1 point (I haven't watched that part of the live letter).

3024 yen for White Fat Chocobo, 2 outfits, 2 masks and some other stuff.

Ken

I'm about to finish all the MSQ that leads up to Heavensward, when was the last time SquareEnix had a sale on the expansion?

SE online store had a sale in January off all their stuff and that's when I picked up Heavensward PC for 50% off.

Other retailers sometimes have it randomly discounted from time to time though.

---

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/287601-So-Medal-hoarding-and-stealth

99% sure this is done in response to me using Hide with 250+ medals in the last 2 minutes of the game against them lol.

creid

Is there a good reason why healers revive people in The Feast? Seems dumb since you come back with low health and weakness (?), you've still dropped the coins, and you could just wait 5 seconds to run back into the action. Why do they do it?

ebil

Is there a good reason why healers revive people in The Feast? Seems dumb since you come back with low health and weakness (?), you've still dropped the coins, and you could just wait 5 seconds to run back into the action. Why do they do it?
Divine Breath (the PvP exclusive rez) doesn't give any weakness and can rez you with up to 50% HP/MP/TP if upgraded. Healers really shouldn't be using their PVE rez at all, though.

creid

Divine Breath (the PvP exclusive rez) doesn't give any weakness and can rez you with up to 50% HP/MP/TP if upgraded. Healers really shouldn't be using their PVE rez at all, though.
Ah, interesting. Even 50% though, sounds like it would make a recently-revived party member a liability since they could be the easiest to knock back out.

iammeiam

Live Letter Q&A text is kind of interesting

I wondered if the Parry question they answered was Krael's but based on the translation the guy they answered was just asking for Parry to have a cool effect when it procs. OK.

The A6S nerf thing is kind of o_O since he's talking about boss outgoing damage. He'd have to be talking about making the one-shots not one shot anymore? Everything else is going to get geared around anyway:
We’re aware that everyone is having difficulties with the Cuff of the Son (Savage), and we’re concerned about the difficulty between the Cuff of the Son (Savage) and the Arm of the Son (Savage).

The Cuff of the Son has the four bosses you have to fight in a row, but it’s likely that the increase in difficulty for this is because each of the bosses has their own mechanics and the damage they deal is high. While I can’t make any promises at the moment, we’re currently looking into adjusting the damage in the Cuff of the Son (Savage).

If they're not doing it really soon, then it has to be the one shots they're looking at.

The "every phase is something new" thing is pretty much SCoB, though, so. Maybe they'll put the third tier just straight FCoB level.

I get to continue ignoring relic because mine is still going to be trash until at least 3.3:
In regards to Patch 3.25, we’ll also be implementing the next phase of the Anima weapons. This will also happen in Patch 3.3, but in Patch 3.3 there is a possibility that the stats are adjusted.

Unless they drop at like i235 tonight there's no way I'm bothering with relic when lore weapons to free for all next week.

This is confusing:

Q: Since the introduction of Alexander: Gordias (Savage) the number of parties for it in Party Finder seems to vary greatly depending on the World. Do you have plans to make it possible to recruit members across other Worlds?

A: There have been many players who transferred to other Worlds in order to clear Alexander: Gordias (Savage). We’re aware that there’s a difference in the amount of party finders available for raiding depending on the World. With that said, we’re currently developing a raid finder. The system is similar to the Duty Finder, and would only apply to the newest raid content. Players will be able to make fine adjustments such as the reason for the raid, whether or not it’s for practice, or for clearing. We’re also planning to put in checks to see if the players have the achievement to prove that they have completed that content. We're currently aiming to introduce this feature in Patch 3.3.

We’re also developing a party finder that works cross Worlds and we would like to follow up on the progress at a later timing. We are going to first implement the raid finder.

There is no achievement for beating a Savage raid, aside from the final fight of the tier, so I'm not clear on how that would work. 3.3 Raid Finder sounds like it has the potential to be hilarious though.

Top Bottom